PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to the Semi-Final?

Keith_M
19-10-2017, 10:26 AM
If, like me, you're really looking forward to going to yet another Semi-Final... and you're not put off by the difficult opposition, the view in the stadium or potentially smaller than normal support... then let us all know.

For goodness sake, we have the chance of reaching yet another final! Let's just enjoy the occasion.

Come on the Hibees!!!

:flag:

Hibs Fraggle
19-10-2017, 10:28 AM
If, like me, you're really looking forward to going to yet another Semi-Final... and you're not put off by the difficult opposition, the view in the stadium or potentially smaller than normal support... then let us all know.

For goodness sake, we have the chance of reaching yet another final! Let's just enjoy the occasion.

Come on the Hibees!!!

:flag:

Bring it on :flag:

CallumLaidlaw
19-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Can't wait. Hampden trips with my family and friends are always the best!

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2017, 10:30 AM
I am. I'm not expecting to win, but will enjoy it regardless, and you never know what might happen. Never take these showpiece games for granted; most clubs never get to experience them.

Souter96Mac
19-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Got to love it, 6am alarm from Newcastle, what away days are all about

lord bunberry
19-10-2017, 10:33 AM
We can do this, come on The hibees.

Lancs Harp
19-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Similar start time for me too from the Fylde Coast. Ticket arrived this morning, buzzing (thats me not the ticket), their domestic run comes to an end on saturday. :wink:

Ginger Gehagan
19-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Getting the train at 7:30am from the Borders, can't wait!!:thumbsup:

Keith_M
19-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Similar start time for me too from the Fylde Coast. Ticket arrived this morning, buzzing (thats me not the ticket), their domestic run comes to an end on saturday. :wink:

Respect!

:aok:

hibbycha
19-10-2017, 10:48 AM
souter ma laddie getting train fi toon at 7.43 , time u going

Pretty Boy
19-10-2017, 10:50 AM
Can't wait.

I've not done my time standing freezing at dumps like Recreation Park, Central park, Somerset Park and Tynecastle to miss a semi final at Hampden.

We are testing ourselves against the best side in the country and fans of every other club who have been pumped out in the earlier rounds would love to be in our position. We can realistically win 2 trophies every season, this is one of them and we have a chance of doing so which is more than can be said for 38 other clubs in the country.

Fergos
19-10-2017, 11:01 AM
We won't face a more difficult challenge all season but couldn't bare to have the chance of going and not taking it. Each to their own however.

Looking forward to it.

Cmon the Hibs, intae them.

GGTTH

ACLeith
19-10-2017, 11:10 AM
They're going to lose sometime to a Scottish club, therefore that game is getting closer each week. Why not this week? We've nothing to lose, nothing to fear.

Cmon 'Well, do the double on Sunday
👍

DarlingtonHibee
19-10-2017, 11:12 AM

Well done mate!

HH81
19-10-2017, 11:22 AM
My train is 6:20 so very early start here.

where'stheslope
19-10-2017, 11:23 AM
We have to fancy our chances against Celtic, since they have played in the Champions League Sections, all three games they have played after them they have looked vulnerable and have not been free scoring in any of these games!

I think if we play the same way as last time 2-2, we should beat them as we should be fresher and more than up for it after a draw last time felt like a defeat!!!

Carheenlea
19-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Can't beat the excitement and anticipation of a big game, and we've been spoiled with many in recent years, but it doesn't dilute that magical feeling. Can't wait to take my seat inside Hampden, take a glance down into that South East corner and let the mind drift back to the celebrations of Gray's goal on 21/05/16. After that, who knows what's going to happen, but there will always be time for more heroes, and who wouldn't want to be there when that time comes?

Firestarter
19-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Massive week ahead. Can't wait.

Michael
19-10-2017, 11:31 AM
We'll win easily. They're sick of winning and we're sick of not winning. It's the only reasonable outcome.

B.H.F.C
19-10-2017, 12:15 PM
You wouldn't think there is a semi final on this weekend, but given we've only won 4 trophies in the last 40 odd years, we shouldn't take these visits to Hampden for granted.

Come on Hibs, win this game on Saturday and we have a great chance to win this thing.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2017, 12:28 PM
The fear of defeat would never put me off looking forward to a game, particularly a cup semi final.

Bring them on.

jimmyboco#1
19-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Absolutely buzzing for this game and I think we'll win!!!!

Early train from Haymarket, few beers in some early opening glesga establishments, then quick train or taxi to our second home!!! Bring it On.

.Sean.
19-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Cannot wait.

Half 7 train through and a liquid breakfast in Alfredo's :cheers:

2-1 Hibs

Cauld Bovril
19-10-2017, 01:39 PM
It will be my daughter's first Hampden trip so there's lots of excitement in this house. Even my 14 year old Hampden veteran has been buzzing about it all week.

Sauzee07
19-10-2017, 03:29 PM
My 7 year old son’s first trip to Hampden too. Struggling to sleep at night due to the excitement (and he’s not much better). :)

TheMentalHibees
19-10-2017, 03:58 PM
I'm going, couldn't care less who isn't, more fool them if they're sitting in the pub at FT after we win wishing they were there.

Celtic are not invincible, someone has to wipe that smirk off their face and I bloody hope it's us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
19-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Definite chance let's do it. Will be tough but that will make it better when we win. :flag:

Roxyhibee
19-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Not taking the bus this time, going by car.

Got the Thursday jitters starting already and I'm an old fart who has been there about 35 times.! Doesn't get any less nerve jangling younger Hibees.

Big Hampden game against Celtic - these are the days..

JimBHibees
19-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Not taking the bus this time, going by car.

Got the Thursday jitters starting already and I'm an old fart who has been there about 35 times.! Doesn't get any less nerve jangling younger Hibees.

Big Hampden game against Celtic - these are the days..

Spot on. These are the big games and huge chance. Lets appreciate that this time in our clubs history we are regularly attending semi finals. Can remembering times in the past when we went years between semi finals.

hibs#1
19-10-2017, 04:47 PM
I'm looking forward to it.

madhibee_again
19-10-2017, 04:55 PM
It's Hibs. At Hampden. With the Scottish Cup monkey off our back. What's not to look forward too? We've been blessed and lucky recently with the number of times we've been at Hampden, we shouldn't take it for granted.

Buzzing now, and will only continue to look forward to it more the closer it gets. Couldn't care less how many we we're taking, didn't make beating Rangers there a few years any less enjoyable.

frazeHFC
19-10-2017, 05:07 PM
First time to Hampden by train. Buzzing for the day out. :cheers:

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2017, 05:45 PM
First time to Hampden by train. Buzzing for the day out. :cheers:

Its just like a bus but less traffic and stops, nothing to get over excited about Fraze. :wink:

LancashireHibby
19-10-2017, 05:46 PM
For one reason or another Saturday is the first game I’ve been to since August last year so I’m very much looking forward to it. Oddly enough I bought train tickets to Glasgow months ago as I was going to go to the game at Killie that was originally arranged for Saturday. Also the knowledge that a Hibs win lands me more than enough cash to pay for the trip to the Final is a nice bonus!

Souter96Mac
19-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Who's going where pre-match? Not used to boozing on the West side of hampden

WhileTheChief..
19-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Our 21st visit to Hampden since 2000 :thumbsup:

Who’s been to all of them?!

hibbycha
19-10-2017, 06:40 PM
ma laddie going on the 7.43 train fi Newcastle keep a look ook for him ..

Keith_M
19-10-2017, 06:51 PM

Clockwork Beer Co for me.

Or you might wanna try The Church on the Hill... or one of the many bars on Pollokshaws Road.

Onion
19-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Couple of things don't bode well for the Semi ...

When was the last time we beat Celtic at Hampden ?

Also, have always thought best chance for any team against Celtic is when they underestimate the opposition or least expect a game. That can be the case against Hibs, who pushed them hard just a couple of weeks ago, and are now talk up our chances in the press following Celtic's exertions midweek.

If Hibs beat Celtic at Hampden on Sat it will be the biggest shock of the season so far and an amazing result for us. That's the size of the challenge before us.

Glory Lurker
19-10-2017, 07:13 PM
:hyper

Keith_M
19-10-2017, 07:17 PM

Also, have always thought best chance for any team against Celtic is when they underestimate the opposition or least expect a game. That can be the case against Hibs, who pushed them hard just a couple of weeks ago, and are now talk up our chances in the press following Celtic's exertions midweek.

If Hibs beat Celtic at Hampden on Sat it will be the biggest shock of the season so far and an amazing result for us. That's the size of the challenge before us.

Negative comments elsewhere please, this is a positive only thread

:na na:

Lancs Harp
19-10-2017, 07:21 PM

Ive heard they are on a right downer, scraped a 3-0 defeat in Munich and now having to face the Mighty Hibs a team they havent managed to beat for nearly 4 years :wink:

Souter96Mac
19-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Clockwork Beer Co for me.

Or you might wanna try The Church on the Hill... or one of the many bars on Pollokshaws Road.

Had seen that Clockwork Beer Co, looks like it'll do. Sample some nice ales and then watch the Hibees win, magic.

stoneyburn hibs
19-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Looking forward to Saturday, and I live in hope.
It'll be all the sweeter making it to the final, given that nobody can see past a win for Celtic.

Tornadoes70
19-10-2017, 07:57 PM

Teetotal for matches nowadays. Got a parking space booked not that far from Montfords just like when we beat the huns 21st May 2016. Decided to park there as I know the way home from that end much better obviously :aok:.

Mon the Cabbage.

Skol
19-10-2017, 08:14 PM

Good question. I have never seen us beat Celtic at hampden. 1972 or maybe dryburgh cup

seanshow
19-10-2017, 08:36 PM
You can get over 50/1 for double Hibs/Motherwell victories in 90 mins, I put on 50p :scarf:

Lancs Harp
19-10-2017, 08:44 PM
You can get over 50/1 for double Hibs/Motherwell victories in 90 mins, I put on 50p :scarf:

I'm having a couple of quid on the double myself. :thumbsup:

SChibs
19-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Cannot wait.

Half 7 train through and a liquid breakfast in Alfredo's :cheers:

2-1 Hibs

7.19 and Alfredos for me!

Sir David Gray
19-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Good question. I have never seen us beat Celtic at hampden. 1972 or maybe dryburgh cup

Yep I think it was 1972.

Albanian Hibs
19-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Cannae wait 💚🏆

Lancs Harp
19-10-2017, 10:46 PM

There are celtic fans who have never seen Celtic beat Hibs. Ok they are only 3 year old, but still.

SteveHFC
19-10-2017, 11:50 PM
We'll win. 3-2 Hibs Stokesy anytime. :cb

Keith_M
20-10-2017, 09:20 AM
There are celtic fans who have never seen Celtic beat Hibs. Ok they are only 3 year old, but still.

I like your style

:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
20-10-2017, 09:24 AM
They are the only team I've never seen us beat. I should really stay away tomorrow so I apologise in advance