PDA

View Full Version : Shame on BT Sports

Billychaotic182
18-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Just seen their advertisement for the semi final.

I can’t seem to upload the image so hopefully someone else can post it but it has in hibs vs Celtic and Rangers vs Motherwell on the screen. The words rangers and Celtic are in huge writing on the middle of the screen with hibs and Motherwell in tiny writing. Bloody embarrassing. You’d expect this from sky but absolutely furious to see this from BT sports.

Carheenlea
18-10-2017, 09:14 PM
It's Scottish Football as the media sees it summed up in one

http://i63.tinypic.com/29f6m8p.jpg

theonlywayisup
18-10-2017, 09:18 PM

That's shocking.

What are the SPFL saying about it?

You would think that Sky or the BBC would make an issue of this.

WhileTheChief..
18-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Clever advert.

At first glance folk might think there’s an old firm game on and then stop and read the details.

People in England or Wales are more likely to want to watch the Old Firm than Hibs or Motherwell.

When I read the thread title I thought maybe BT had done something to offend Africa. Phew.

LancsHibs
18-10-2017, 09:45 PM

I can’t seem to upload the image so hopefully someone else can post it but it has in hibs vs Celtic and Rangers vs Motherwell on the screen. The words rangers and Celtic are in huge writing on the middle of the screen with hibs and Motherwell in tiny writing. Bloody embarrassing. You’d expect this from sky but absolutely furious to see this from BT sports.

Yep I saw this to and thought what a bloody cheek!! Embarrassing from BT sport

Diclonius
18-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Even more incentive for the "peripheral" teams to make the final Hibs v Motherwell. Shut them up.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2017, 09:51 PM
No wonder Scottish football's dying on its feet.

cleanyman
18-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Well they are the two biggest clubs. Like it or not the majority of their viewers will be old firm fans.

WhileTheChief..
18-10-2017, 10:01 PM
No wonder Scottish football's dying on its feet.

Eh? BT have been good for the game up here. Excellent coverage and paying us a decent wedge.

And how exactly is the game dying?

We’re getting record crowds, Aberdeen and Celtic are flying, Hearts new stand, Dundee getting a new stadium, experienced EPL managers at 4 of our clubs etc.

There’s plenty to be positive about, I think our game is the best it’s been in decades.

cleanyman
18-10-2017, 10:06 PM
And I love BT.

Bring back Setanta eh ?

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2017, 10:14 PM
FFS when I saw the thread title I thought they had commited a crime. Clever marketing ploy and over sensitive Hibs fans......

WeveGotMcginn
18-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Bad from bt that. Sums up how the media sees Scottish football in one photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Harp
18-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Not clever at all. Just a cheap gimmick by BT Sport and disrespectful to both Hibs and Motherwell.

Jim44
18-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Clever advert.

At first glance folk might think there’s an old firm game on and then stop and read the details.

People in England or Wales are more likely to want to watch the Old Firm than Hibs or Motherwell.

When I read the thread title I thought maybe BT had done something to offend Africa. Phew.

FFS when I saw the thread title I thought they had commited a crime. Clever marketing ploy and over sensitive Hibs fans......

:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
18-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Eh? BT have been good for the game up here. Excellent coverage and paying us a decent wedge.

And how exactly is the game dying?

We’re getting record crowds, Aberdeen and Celtic are flying, Hearts new stand, Dundee getting a new stadium, experienced EPL managers at 4 of our clubs etc.

There’s plenty to be positive about, I think our game is the best it’s been in decades.

The national team has failed to qualify for a major tournament for 20 years, one of our biggest clubs was knocked out of Europe at the first hurdle by a part time side from Luxembourg and another one knocked out by a team from Lithuania and the rest of the teams are patronised and treated with contempt by the media on a regular basis.

easty
18-10-2017, 10:56 PM
I'm no particularly bothered, but if it was the English FA Cup semis, and it was Man Utd v West Brom and Man City v Leicester, I doubt they would do the same.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2017, 11:09 PM
I'm no particularly bothered, but if it was the English FA Cup semis, and it was Man Utd v West Brom and Man City v Leicester, I doubt they would do the same.

They might.

But this isn't the FA cup. It isn't even the Scottish FA Cup.

We're broadcasting no marks compared to Rantic.

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2017, 11:10 PM

Not exactly common practice though is it mate ..... how would Liverpool v MANCHESTER UNITED float yer boat? Clever marketing ploy or not I would imagine the Anfield faithful would see it as disrespectful. Difference is of course BT wouldn't bloody dare do the same thing in England.

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Not exactly common practice though is it mate ..... how would Liverpool v MANCHESTER UNITED float yer boat? Clever marketing ploy or not I would imagine the Anfield faithful would see it as disrespectful. Difference is of course BT wouldn't bloody dare do the same thing in England.

It wouldn't matter a jot to me either, I stopped getting upset about such trivial pish when I was about 12 ;-)

KeithTheHibby
18-10-2017, 11:34 PM
Bunch of ****s. So glad I don’t have to pay to watch their channels and acquire them by other means therefore giving them not one penny.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2017, 12:01 AM
It wouldn't matter a jot to me either, I stopped getting upset about such trivial pish when I was about 12 ;-)

Its easy to dismiss stuff like this glibly .... But in business, including sport, perception is important. When was the last time you saw a poster for a concert where the headline act's name was in smaller or even the same sized letters than the support act? Why is the part at the bottom of adverts for mortgages telling you your house can be repossessed in tiny print compared to the main advert?

Because A) No act wants their worth diluted by a suggestion that they aren't the main attraction .... and B) no bank or building society wants to draw unwanted attention to the down side of a mortgage.

What BT are saying here is that Hibs and Motherwell are an afterthought ..... I don't like to see my club treated as an afterthought and I hardly think its childish to be annoyed by that. Its bad for the clubs image.

Carheenlea
19-10-2017, 06:20 AM
Know your place non old firm clubs.

hibsbollah
19-10-2017, 06:35 AM
If you can't see why that's shameful and an embarrassment to our league there's no hope for you to be honest. Just keep taking the scraps and being grateful for your existence.

DickieDastardly
19-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Poor show imo.

When BT are investing money in our game they should be bigging up all the teams especially at the semi final stage of a national cup competition.

Sums up all that is wrong with Scottish football.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Not clever at all. Just a cheap gimmick by BT Sport and disrespectful to both Hibs and Motherwell.

Job done then on so many fronts.

Captain Trips
19-10-2017, 07:09 AM
As clever as it may think it is I think in the process it is disrespectful to Hibernian and Motherwell to have them as a side show almost.

It is to me suggesting Celtic are playing and so are Rangers who tjey are playing is kind of irrelevant just subscibe if you haven't already.

Onion
19-10-2017, 07:26 AM

Can see a time where the MSM stop pretending the opposition has any relevance to their viewers/readers, and simply say "Watch Celtic in Semifinal" or "See Rangers push to the final". We need to get over it, being happening for decades. The only way to shut them up is to ram it down their throats - just as we did on 21 May 2016. Have we ever seen such grieving, ire and wailing by the MSM than after that glorious victory ? Delightful stuff.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Pretty poor but on the whole BT have been a refreshing change for Scottish football compared to the complete disinterest Sky have shown over the years. I would like to see us go it alone with them in a TV deal tbh.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Its easy to dismiss stuff like this glibly .... But in business, including sport, perception is important. When was the last time you saw a poster for a concert where the headline act's name was in smaller or even the same sized letters than the support act? Why is the part at the bottom of adverts for mortgages telling you your house can be repossessed in tiny print compared to the main advert?

Because A) No act wants their worth diluted by a suggestion that they aren't the main attraction .... and B) no bank or building society wants to draw unwanted attention to the down side of a mortgage.

What BT are saying here is that Hibs and Motherwell are an afterthought ..... I don't like to see my club treated as an afterthought and I hardly think its childish to be annoyed by that. Its bad for the clubs image.

Wow you really have looked deep into the depths of your sensitive side. Come on mate it doesn't really matter, the only thing that matters is that Hibs are playing Celtic in the semi final of the cup, getting hung up on this predictable marketing by BT is all a bit silly to me.

lyonhibs
19-10-2017, 07:37 AM
.......and yet, it's fairly drummed up some debate on here eh? Job done from an advertising point of view.

Folk caring deeply about what "other people's" perception of our club might be based on some unequal font sizes. Sorry, can't wrap my head round that.

Speedy
19-10-2017, 07:40 AM
.......and yet, it's fairly drummed up some debate on here eh? Job done from an advertising point of view.

Folk caring deeply about what "other people's" perception of our club might be based on some unequal font sizes. Sorry, can't wrap my head round that.

From that perspective perspective it's quite clever.

Otherwise though, they're misleading their customer and undermining their product. Pretty poor for me.

LancsHibs
19-10-2017, 07:43 AM
As far as BT Sport are concerned Hibs & Well are the undercard, the fodder that requires a good beating in order to set up their precious Old Firm final! God I hope it's a Hibs v Motherwell final, though a Hibs/Rangers final would be fun:greengrin

-Jonesy-
19-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Makes me feel better for pirating.
**** BT, horrible company with no values.

snedzuk
19-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Clearly unaware that there is no 'old firm' any longer.

Danderhall Hibs
19-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Clearly unaware that there is no 'old firm' any longer.

It doesn’t say “old firm” anywhere in the advert?

snedzuk
19-10-2017, 08:08 AM
It doesn’t say “old firm” anywhere in the advert?

It does all over this thread though.

Not In The Know
19-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Clever advert.

I know what you are saying but.... a clever advert would be one that provokes interest in Hibs and Motherwell.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Job done then on so many fonts.

Fixed.

.Sean.
19-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Disrespectful as you can get. **** BT.

Fingers crossed both or at least one seemingly peripheral team ie us or Well roll over BT's bumboy pals. That's a shocker of an advert.

NZ Green
19-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Going to have to get your specs on if its a Hibs Motherwell final.

Spike Mandela
19-10-2017, 09:33 AM
If they are going to put their name in big letters the at least should spell it right. It's.......

THE RANGERS

:cb

HH81
19-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Clear which final they want then.

Anyone up for a Leeds style chant loud and clear. BT sport's are ****ing **** 😀

Tomsk
19-10-2017, 09:40 AM
I've often said that as far as the media are concerned Scottish football only has three teams: Celtic, Rangers and their opponent. This confirms it.

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2017, 09:42 AM
If they are going to put their name in big letters the at least should spell it right. It's.......

THE RANGERS

:cb

And The Celtic.

And The Motherwell.

Oh, and The Hibernian.

:greengrin

Wilson
19-10-2017, 09:46 AM
There is nothing clever about this advert.

It is so unbelievably stupid you might think it a bad joke thought up by a moron.

Poor show from BT.

KazaHibs
19-10-2017, 09:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMfaXO6WsAAKb0H?format=jpg&name=large

Amended from Hibs :greengrin

Not In The Know
19-10-2017, 10:01 AM
A clever response

neil7908
19-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Our game in a nutshell. I can understand BT doing it as all they care about is ratings but this is a classic example of how the rest of Scottish football is treated and why our game is dying

Betty Boop
19-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Clever advert.

:agree: Folk on here get outraged about nothing.

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2017, 10:23 AM

:top marks

Tobias Funke
19-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Wow you really have looked deep into the depths of your sensitive side. Come on mate it doesn't really matter, the only thing that matters is that Hibs are playing Celtic in the semi final of the cup, getting hung up on this predictable marketing by BT is all a bit silly to me.

Didnt you recently delete a thread about Danny Swanson because others didn’t agree with you, then change your username to “Sleeping Scouse” and your avatar to “gone fishing”? Seems a bit rich to call others out for being too sensitive when you are a tad touchy yourself.

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2017, 10:25 AM

The club obviously thought it was worthy of a reply so its not "nothing"

Billychaotic182
19-10-2017, 10:28 AM

It’s not nothing though is it. It’s a deliberate attempt to disrespect our club. You might be happy to have hibs as an after thought but most on here are not and we have every right to be annoyed.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Didnt you recently delete a thread about Danny Swanson because others didn’t agree with you, then change your username to “Sleeping Scouse” and your avatar to “gone fishing”? Seems a bit rich to call others out for being too sensitive when you are a tad touchy yourself.

Haha no I didn't change it myself at all! As for Danny Swanson it seems Lennon agrees with me :-)

WhileTheChief..
19-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Why are folk saying our game is dying? What have I missed?

This is like Regan’s Armageddon chat!!

What you all feeling so down about? It’s a good time to be a Hibby!!!

I’ve never felt so optimistic about my team as I do now.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome Betty?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2017, 10:52 AM

Its like an Netflix episode of Mindhunter

Spike Mandela
19-10-2017, 11:01 AM

The best way to respond, with humour.:aok::top marks

where'stheslope
19-10-2017, 11:03 AM

It got right on my TITS!!!!

Carheenlea
19-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Great retort from Hibs :top marks

Agree with an earlier comment that BT have been good for Scottish Football, and hopefully this has simply been the ill thought out work of an over enthusiastic advertising employee.

Firestarter
19-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Rageeeeeeeee

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Rageeeeeeeee

What is it, Scoob?

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-10-2017, 11:52 AM
What is it, Scoob?

Hahahaha brilliant

mutley
19-10-2017, 11:58 AM
What is it, Scoob?

Hahahha I had to think about that one for a second, well played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Billychaotic182
19-10-2017, 12:07 PM
What is it, Scoob?

You just won the internet today sir. Well played

Craig_HFC
19-10-2017, 01:58 PM
What is it, Scoob?

Arch Stanton
19-10-2017, 02:59 PM

Looks to me that the font for CELTIC is bigger than the font for RANGERS.

And the font for HIBS may be a fraction bigger than Motherwell - but that could be one of those optical illusions.

Firestarter
19-10-2017, 03:02 PM
What is it, Scoob?

Have to admit, not for the first time I've not hit a clue.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2017, 03:13 PM
What is it, Scoob?

Brilliant!

hibee316
19-10-2017, 04:03 PM
What is it, Scoob?

Very good!

S4uzee
19-10-2017, 05:20 PM
The advert said last week will it be “another Celtic v Rangers final or will Hibs and Motherwell have something to say”

When was the last Celtic Rangers final?

Bristolhibby
19-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Even more incentive for the "peripheral" teams to make the final Hibs v Motherwell. Shut them up.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSagfBzwcSWjMB173bidJoF00ELuCbPg iwyTlK1tMCG6nV2QA

Love it if that’s the final!

J

SON OF PADDY
19-10-2017, 10:27 PM

Your so f#cking right !😁

Sir David Gray
19-10-2017, 10:42 PM
The advert said last week will it be “another Celtic v Rangers final or will Hibs and Motherwell have something to say”

When was the last Celtic Rangers final?

2011 League Cup Final.

Rangers won 2-1 after extra time.

Last Scottish Cup final between them was in 2002, Rangers won 3-2.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2017, 10:45 PM

The Harp
20-10-2017, 12:11 AM

Excellent post and spot on. Years ago I used to prepare poster and press artwork for the Official Edinburgh Festival. I lost count of the times performers would complain because their name wasn't in the same point size lettering as a fellow performer. Or their name had been printed in a secondary colour and was therefore not as prominent as someone else's.
Something similar applies in this case. BT Sport have acted unprofessionally and got it badly wrong by not giving all 4 clubs equal billing.

jgl07
20-10-2017, 12:37 AM
The national team has failed to qualify for a major tournament for 20 years, one of our biggest clubs was knocked out of Europe at the first hurdle by a part time side from Luxembourg and another one knocked out by a team from Lithuania and the rest of the teams are patronised and treated with contempt by the media on a regular basis.
Didn't a 'Famous' club from Edinburgh exit ignominiously to a Maltese team at the Hibernians Stadium last season?

Golden Bear
20-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Heh heh.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1725659/stephen-robinson-motherwell-bt-sport-advert-betfred-cup/

SunshineOnLeith
20-10-2017, 07:04 AM

If you bothered to look at viewing figures you'd know that the idea that people in England watch the old firm is completely false.

LancsHibs
20-10-2017, 07:35 AM
Heh heh.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1725659/stephen-robinson-motherwell-bt-sport-advert-betfred-cup/

That's more like it! BT sports apologise for offence and remove the promo, the replacement has Hibernian & Motherwell in equal size to Rantic and a picture of a young Hibs fan shouting on the cabbage. We now have approx 65% of the promo, as it should be:wink:

theonlywayisup
20-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Heh heh.

For those not wanting to click on that website:

RED-FACED BT Sport chiefs haved pulled the plug on a TV ad which left Motherwell and Hibs fuming.

The promo for this weekend’s Betfred Cup semis displayed Celtic and Rangers’ names much larger than the Hibees and Well.

That prompted a blast from Fir Park gaffer Stephen Robinson, while Hibs — who face holders Celtic tomorrow — took to Twitter to mock the TV giant.

Robbo rapped: “I don’t think there’s too many people who want ourselves or Hibs in the final by the looks of it, so it’s up to us to change that.

“It is what it is. I don’t get too much into it, but if it means there’s an extra motivation for our players then brilliant.

“I’ve said to the boys not to say anything stupid in the press and don’t get too carried away with yourselves.

“Do what you are doing, work hard, and we’ll see where that takes us.

“We’ll let other people make assumptions and write us off, relegate us and make finals up that haven’t happened.”

The advert left fans of Hibs and Well fuming.

The Hibees posted a tweet mocking the ad by showing their name in huge letters, with semi-final rivals Celtic in tiny print underneath.

A spokesman for BT Sport said: “This promotional trailer was removed from our channels earlier today and a revised version will be on air from this evening.

“We apologise for any offence this may have caused.”

Robinson, meanwhile, insists his side have NOTHING to fear against a Rangers team yet to win three games in a row under Pedro Caixinha.

Well, who are just a point behind the Ibrox side in the Premiership and have won 11 of their 15 games this season, have NEVER beaten Gers in a cup semi-final.

Robinson confessed: “The run we are on is hugely satisfying.

“Within the dressing room we’re really pleased to be in the semi-final of the cup and be sitting fourth in the league, a point behind Rangers who have spent millions and millions of pounds.

“We’ve managed to scrape players together and bring a real hunger and desire for a minimal amount of money.

“Rangers have spent that money to get into cup finals, and they are a club who are renowned for getting into cup finals along with Celtic.

“That’s the expectation at that club, they have to get to cup finals, they have to win matches, and they have to beat Motherwell in a semi-final.

“For us, we have expectation but we don’t live with that every day.

“When it comes down to it, whoever produces the best performances will win.

“We’ll be well-drilled, we’ll know what we are doing, and the fans being there and us being outnumbered won’t change what we’re trying to do.

“Our fans will come, enjoy the day and hopefully we’ll give them something to cheer about.”

Carheenlea
20-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Hibs reacted in the right way with a lighthearted dig at the advert. No need to be falling out with the broadcaster over one misdemeanour.

Keith_M
20-10-2017, 09:14 AM

Well done Hibs

:thumbsup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I can't wait to see the BT Sports add for the final

Watch the Scottish League Cup Final
Hibs v Motherwell.

not featuring
Celtic or Rangers

On BT Sports

SirDavidsNapper
20-10-2017, 09:21 AM
BT have been piss poor for a while with ex managers and captains of Rangers commentating on their games constantly and sounding very biased in doing so. The latest advert sums them up at the moment. I pray Hibs and Motherwell make the final just to get to them.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2017, 10:31 AM

WhileTheChief..
20-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Well done Hibs

Hibs v Motherwell.

not featuring
Celtic or Rangers

On BT Sports

Haha, brilliant!!!!

snooky
20-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Well done Hibs

Hibs v Motherwell.

not featuring
Celtic or Rangers

On BT Sports

Many a true word was said in jest. Some are saying we are being petty about this. Maybe we are however, as long as we go on accepting the subservient role nothing will change. Fair enough if it's a Glasgow rag but it's not. Not surprisingly, the BBC prove yet again they are totally incapable of being impartial.

greenlex
20-10-2017, 02:19 PM
What is it, Scoob?
Superb!!!!:top marks:top marks:top marks

SunshineOnLeith
20-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Many a true word was said in jest. Some are saying we are being petty about this. Maybe we are however, as long as we go on accepting the subservient role nothing will change. Fair enough if it's a Glasgow rag but it's not. Not surprisingly, the BBC prove yet again they are totally incapable of being impartial.

What did the BBC do?