PDA

View Full Version : Parking on Saturday

Glory Lurker
16-10-2017, 11:57 AM
I’ve been a bit thrown by us not getting our traditional end at Hampden, because i’ve never driven when we’ve been in the West. I don’t have a clue about parking. Any tips?

CropleyWasGod
16-10-2017, 11:59 AM
I’ve been a bit thrown by us not getting our traditional end at Hampden, because i’ve never driven when we’ve been in the West. I don’t have a clue about parking. Any tips?

TBH, you're as well parking at the East end. It's easiest for getting away, and the walk is only an extra few hundred yards. Last time we played Celtc there, I parked at the West side, and it took me forever to get home.

Green Man
16-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I’ve parked on the streets to the south of Battlefield Road previously. When trying to get away from the west side you’re better off heading over to the M77 as it does take forever to get onto the M74.

CallumLaidlaw
16-10-2017, 12:55 PM
roadworks on Aitkenhead road, meaning temporary traffic lights so try and avoid that way if possible.

JeMeSouviens
16-10-2017, 01:30 PM
I’ve parked on the streets to the south of Battlefield Road previously. When trying to get away from the west side you’re better off heading over to the M77 as it does take forever to get onto the M74.

I usually go south on the road towards Carmunnock, take its new bypass, then round East Kilbride, A725, M8. Usually moves pretty fast.

lord bunberry
16-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Asda car park is the best place to park. I’ve never once had a letter through the door for parking in there.

Lancs Harp
16-10-2017, 02:47 PM
We parked around the Holmlea Park area, numerous side streets off Holmlea Road for the Aberdeen game there last season, Thats on the West side of the ground and quite handy for the Clockwork if you're heading there for refreshment, its about 10 minutes walkway.

Billy Whizz
16-10-2017, 05:01 PM

I’m parking in the East as usual