PDA

View Full Version : Derby Della Madonnia

yonder1875
15-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Anyone watching on BT sport? One of the great fixtures in world football at a raucous San Siro, will always be a compelling fixture to watch.

Quality of players bar a few has dropped in the past 20 years, though.

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Great cross and finish put Inter 1-0 up. Great fixture in the old Channel 4 coverage days.

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Great cross and finish put Inter 1-0 up. Great fixture in the old Channel 4 coverage days.

Football Italia with James Richardson. I used to love it; these days I very rarely watch foreign matches.

Biggie
15-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Looks an amazing atmosphere....looks like both have their singing sections behind the goals 😉

yonder1875
15-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Aye, Icardi is quite the centre forward. Just read that's him notched his 78th goal in 113 games for Inter. Had a few run ins with the Inter ultras recently too, never boring in Italian football despite what they tell you!

Scorrie
15-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Forgot Bonucci had joined Milan from Juventus. Some player but even he couldn’t deal with that great cross for the Inter goal

brianmc
15-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Football Italia with James Richardson. I used to love it; these days I very rarely watch foreign matches.

Aye, those were the days.. When all the best players went to Italy. Now? If you showed me the team photo of Milan, Inter and Juve I'd be happy/surprised if I could name 1 player per team.

Scorrie
15-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Lovely equaliser for Milan. Great goal

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Aye, those were the days.. When all the best players went to Italy. Now? If you showed me the team photo of Milan, Inter and Juve I'd be happy/surprised if I could name 1 player per team.

Both teams have a lot of Italian players in the team. Not as good quality as the days when Serie A was the best league in the world but still entertaining.

2-1 Inter. Break with pace. Lennon take note!!!

yonder1875
15-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Icardi again, good game this.

Firestarter
15-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Time to cash out my inter bet as Milan look good.

yonder1875
15-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Time to cash out my inter bet as Milan look good.

Hope you did.

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Milan deserved the equaliser. Better team this half.

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2017, 08:35 PM
3-2 Icardi pen and hat-trick. Soft pen.

Firestarter
15-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Hope you did.

I did so I managed to enjoy the last half hour. Good game, best team lost.

Springbank
16-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Great to see a thread on this. Me & my son try to take in a different Classic European Derby every year (was at Lazio 1 Roma 4 in 2015/16 and at the Bernabeu for real 2 barca 3 last season) and we went to the san siro last night for our 2017/18 derby trip.

I can confirm the atmosphere was electric. We went in an hour early (i forgot about the time difference) but it was already half full and bouncing before the players had even arrived.

Having been at a clasico (where barca got 500 tickets out of 82000) and now been at the milan derby (where AC got 11000 of the 80000) the atmosphere was unbelievable in the san siro but weirdly muted in madrid.

Just shows you need a big away support to really make a derby crackle.

And agree with all comments above : icardi is the real deal as a leader and no.9
And AC Milan midfield were excellent while Bonucci looked a class act.

I would recommend this derby!

green&left
16-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Great to see a thread on this. Me & my son try to take in a different Classic European Derby every year (was at Lazio 1 Roma 4 in 2015/16 and at the Bernabeu for real 2 barca 3 last season) and we went to the san siro last night for our 2017/18 derby trip.

I can confirm the atmosphere was electric. We went in an hour early (i forgot about the time difference) but it was already half full and bouncing before the players had even arrived.

Having been at a clasico (where barca got 500 tickets out of 82000) and now been at the milan derby (where AC got 11000 of the 80000) the atmosphere was unbelievable in the san siro but weirdly muted in madrid.

And agree with all comments above : icardi is the real deal as a leader and no.9

I went to Milan v Inter about a year and half ago aswell and it was a fantastic spectacle on and off the field also. Tickets alot easier and cheaper to get a hold-off than El Classico. We stood in the top tier in the Curva Sud above the Milan ultras and it cost 23,eur each. Unreal atmosphere with bangers and flares let off every other minute. Choreographies at both ends of the stadium are usually a spectacle aswell.

Last night got me in the mood for another trip. Maybe Napoli this time for a game under the floodlights at San Paolo.

jane_says
16-10-2017, 11:55 AM
I went to Milan v Inter about a year and half ago aswell and it was a fantastic spectacle on and off the field also. Tickets alot easier and cheaper to get a hold-off than El Classico. We stood in the top tier in the Curva Sud above the Milan ultras and it cost 23,eur each. Unreal atmosphere with bangers and flares let off every other minute. Choreographies at both ends of the stadium are usually a spectacle aswell.

Last night got me in the mood for another trip. Maybe Napoli this time for a game under the floodlights at San Paolo.

How did you both go about getting tickets? I went to Roma V Juventus a couple of years ago and purchased through Viagogo, paying £78 a ticket in the Curva Sud. Just wondering if there are better (cheaper) ways of getting a ticket.

yonder1875
16-10-2017, 11:57 AM

How did you get tickets, mate? This is a game I'd love to go to.

green&left
16-10-2017, 12:24 PM
How did you both go about getting tickets? I went to Roma V Juventus a couple of years ago and purchased through Viagogo, paying £78 a ticket in the Curva Sud. Just wondering if there are better (cheaper) ways of getting a ticket.

For AC Milan when they went on general sale i just bought them online and printed off at home. For Lazio they didnt do online at the time so went to the ticket office before the match.

The Modfather
16-10-2017, 12:34 PM

Was that the 2-2 game where Milan equalised with the last kick of the ball? Was at that game. Great experience, and the displays from both were out of this world.

Standard was a far cry from the Football Italia days of my youth.

Springbank
16-10-2017, 12:57 PM
For AC Milan when they went on general sale i just bought them online and printed off at home. For Lazio they didnt do online at the time so went to the ticket office before the match.

Same here (though we were in Inter end)

We had figured out the game we fancied, and waited til the Serie A f.i.xture list was released (late July or so) and then just went straight on the Inter site.

Our tickets were actually season tickets that 2 brothers own, and they had let the club know they couldn't make the game this weekend (before they knew it was the derby).

I would totally recommend going 90 minutes early to this one, there's beers outside the ground, and then when we went in with an hour still to go the place was jumping. Talking to a lot of the fans from both teams, they both reckon the standard is now getting back to a much better level & all thought Napoli are the team to watch this season

renato
16-10-2017, 04:01 PM

See if you can get yourself tickets for Napoli - Juve later in the season. The San Paulo is a dump but it’s one of the best atmospheres in the world, especially when Napoli play one of the big teams. That’ll be a crunch game too, especially as Napoli are on fire and it’ll likely be a title decider.

Plus the fans are mental there and they really hate Juve...

7Hero
16-10-2017, 05:28 PM

Juventus have

Chielini, buffon, khedira, hugain and dybala to name only a few.

All household names these days. Top players too.

heidtheba
16-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Chuck in the pant wetting excitement of Championship Manager Italia and that was a pretty perfect evening when was younger!