PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

greenlex
15-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Not one challenge shown that ended in a booking. What a ****ing nonsense. I’d also like to see a freeze frame of GMS as the ball is played to him at the goal.

Monktonhall 7
15-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Not one challenge shown that ended in a booking. What a ****ing nonsense.

Got it set to record tonight, but did they seriously ignore the Stevie May tackle on Boyle?

greenlex
15-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Got it set to record tonight, but did they seriously ignore the Stevie May tackle on Boyle?

Nope. Not one challenge.

scotia44
15-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Why is it in 80s style soft focus🤓

greenlex
15-10-2017, 05:25 PM

It’s not in HD.

JimBHibees
15-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Nope. Not one challenge.

Kris Boyd huge get it up you sign after he scored I await his ban ala griffiths when with Hibs.

Thecat23
15-10-2017, 05:39 PM

Think the later edition is HD. No idea why it isn’t just HD to start with to be honest.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Hardly surprising from that second rate show.

They can't afford to cover any more of our match as they need all the time they can get to talk about the Celtic and Rangers games.

frazeHFC
15-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Nope. Not one challenge.

I was only going to watch it to see that challenge again. How that's not been shown highlights how shoddy a programme it is.

Unseen work
15-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Why would they show one challenge that resulted in a yellow?

If they showed every booking or bad tackle it would go on for hours.

JimBHibees
15-10-2017, 06:17 PM

Because it was a clear red.

frazeHFC
15-10-2017, 06:18 PM

The one by Stevie May should have been shown because it is quite a big talking point. If it was the same incident in an English Prem game there's no way MOTD would cut it out.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2017, 06:41 PM

To highlight a big talking point in the game.

I'm not suggesting that we would have gone on to get something, however we were battering them at that point (with pressure at least) if they had gone down to 10 men with 10 minutes left who knows what might have happened.

Very poor that a highlights show doesn't cover an incident like that.

As someone said earlier, Match of the Day would have shown it. A Newcastle player avoided a second yellow card this afternoon after making a terrible challenge which was the most blatant booking you'll ever see. I bet the incident gets shown on MOTD2 tonight.

tamig
15-10-2017, 06:47 PM
To highlight a big talking point in the game.

I'm not suggesting that we would have gone on to get something, however we were battering them at that point (with pressure at least) if they had gone down to 10 men with 10 minutes left who knows what might have happened.

Very poor that a highlights show doesn't cover an incident like that.

As someone said earlier, Match of the Day would have shown it. A Newcastle player avoided a second yellow card this afternoon after making a terrible challenge which was the most blatant booking you'll ever see. I bet the incident gets shown on MOTD2 tonight.
Re the Newcastle incident, it will be debated quite heavily I’d imagine tonight. Disgraceful that the May hack was ignored.

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2017, 07:06 PM
BBC Scotland care little for the national sport. Amateur hour on the radio and although Mikey Stewart and Thompson are decent pundits, they don’t get enough time per game and the coverage looks like a few guys with iPads filming at times.

ancient hibee
15-10-2017, 07:11 PM
They rightly highlighted the lack of midfielders getting forward in support of Stokes.The shot of him and 6 Aberdeen players framed should be frozen and posted on the wall at East Mains.

O'Rourke3
15-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Think the later edition is HD. No idea why it isn’t just HD to start with to be honest.

Cos BBC2 Scotland doesn't transmit in HD yet. Neither does Alba.

greenlex
15-10-2017, 07:17 PM

We had our chance.😄

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2017, 07:35 PM
They rightly highlighted the lack of midfielders getting forward in support of Stokes.The shot of him and 6 Aberdeen players framed should be frozen and posted on the wall at East Mains.

That was a huge problem. We’ve not had a midfielder who gets in the box and helps the forwards for a few seasons. High hopes for Fraser Murray but hes not near regular first team football yet.

ancient hibee
15-10-2017, 07:45 PM
And it's not because of Stokes'pace it's because his brain moves quicker than anyone else in the team.

pontius pilate
15-10-2017, 07:55 PM
It really is amateur hour that show they still had Jim McIntyre as the Ross county manager

hibees 7062
15-10-2017, 08:29 PM
They said we never had enough shots on target . We had twice as many as them

Carheenlea
15-10-2017, 09:28 PM
The demand and expectation by fans to see every game televised unfortunately results in a diluted highlights package. The pundits often chat about the game for longer than the actual footage, which for me just adds up to a poor programme. I'd like to see the most attractive fixture of the weekend get a 20 minute highlight slot, have the pundits pick the bones out it, then rattle through the remaining games without too much chat other than a look back at any stand out incidents.

Thecat23
15-10-2017, 09:30 PM

In the day of UHDTV Scottish Tv need to up their game! Like watching it off an old iPhone.

Brunswickbill
15-10-2017, 09:44 PM
These incidents aren't on HibsTV highlights either.

jgl07
15-10-2017, 09:47 PM
According to the link on the news, Sportscene is showing highlights of St Johnstone v Rangers and Celtic v Dundee.

I don't think I will bother watching?

Eyrie
15-10-2017, 10:12 PM
The demand and expectation by fans to see every game televised unfortunately results in a diluted highlights package. The pundits often chat about the game for longer than the actual footage, which for me just adds up to a poor programme. I'd like to see the most attractive fixture of the weekend get a 20 minute highlight slot, have the pundits pick the bones out it, then rattle through the remaining games without too much chat other than a look back at any stand out incidents.

Except the BBC will decide that either the Celtc or Sevco game is the game of the week regardless of what happened in those games or how good any other matches were.

Carheenlea
15-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Except the BBC will decide that either the Celtc or Sevco game is the game of the week regardless of what happened in those games or how good any other matches were.

Sadly, that would almost certainly end up being the case.

Superfurry72
15-10-2017, 10:48 PM
BBC Scotland care little for the national sport. Amateur hour on the radio and although Mikey Stewart and Thompson are decent pundits, they don’t get enough time per game and the coverage looks like a few guys with iPads filming at times.

Michael Stewart described one Hibs attack as “pedantic”. I think he meant “ponderous”. But maybe I’m just being ponderous. Sorry, I mean pedantic.

Glory Lurker
16-10-2017, 12:27 AM
Hopefully if the BBC finally start investing the amount of licence fee they collect in Scotland in Scotland we’ll get a better programme.

And then, of course, we should be grateful for their fair dealing.

Steve20
16-10-2017, 02:25 AM
They said we never had enough shots on target . We had twice as many as them

We didn't have enough shots on target. They were right.

lord bunberry
16-10-2017, 08:14 AM
These incidents aren't on HibsTV highlights either.
You can watch the whole game on hibs tv though.

Borderhibbie76
16-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Every week a thread on here moaning about "amateur hour" that is Sportscene. Simple solution peeps...dont watch it. Pay 5.99 a month and get extensive highlights on hibs tv... or indeed a full match replay

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wookie70
16-10-2017, 08:46 AM

That was obvious at the game and after a couple of minutes when Boyle's position became evident it was obvious that would be the pattern until Lennon changed it. 6 against Stokes may have been the plan as it took an eternity to change things

vuefrom1875
16-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Hardly surprising from that second rate show.

They can't afford to cover any more of our match as they need all the time they can get to talk about the Celtic and Rangers games.

Mickey mouse 3rd rate dross from the weggies.

lord bunberry
16-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Every week a thread on here moaning about "amateur hour" that is Sportscene. Simple solution peeps...dont watch it. Pay 5.99 a month and get extensive highlights on hibs tv... or indeed a full match replay

That’s exactly what I do, I’ve not seen an episode of sportscene in years.

Borderhibbie76
16-10-2017, 10:13 AM
That’s exactly what I do, I’ve not seen an episode of sportscene in years.Absolutely mate...why watch it when we know its a total joke. Hibs TV every time for me and it's more money into our club

lord bunberry
16-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Absolutely mate...why watch it when we know its a total joke. Hibs TV every time for me and it's more money into our club

:agree: On hibs tv you get proper match replays, proper in depth interviews with both players and the manager and a proper preview leading up to games with the pre match press conference. Sportscene has nothing to add that I haven’t already seen.

greenlex
16-10-2017, 11:40 AM
I’ve already paid to watch Siportscene. Why can’t it be a better programme for
the money? The least they could do is cover the talking points if the game. Says it all when the most attractive game if the weekends commentary is dubbed on by Rob Mc.Lean in a cupboard somewhere.

WeeRussell
16-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Michael Stewart described one Hibs attack as “pedantic”. I think he meant “ponderous”. But maybe I’m just being ponderous. Sorry, I mean pedantic.

Noticed that too haha. I was going with "pedestrian".. usually think Michael Stewart talks a fair amount of sense - wee slip of the tongue there I think. :greengrin

KWJ
16-10-2017, 01:36 PM
It was a clear booking but that didn't stop me and everyone else that hadn't left going mental about it. While it was probably a smart foul to make from May it did give us a bit of a kick up the arse.

How GMS avoided a booking until his 3-4th foul on Stevenson I don't know and it was the same for Christie's repeated fouling of McGinn.

Aberdeen were smarter and more physical than us through the whole game.

Dare I say, we were a soft touch.

greenlex
16-10-2017, 06:07 PM
It was a clear booking but that didn't stop me and everyone else that hadn't left going mental about it. While it was probably a smart foul to make from May it did give us a bit of a kick up the arse.

How GMS avoided a booking until his 3-4th foul on Stevenson I don't know and it was the same for Christie's repeated fouling of McGinn.

Red.

matty_f
17-10-2017, 02:17 AM
Red.

There's a photo doing the rounds on Twitter and it shows how bad a tackle it was. No attempt for the ball, high, and both feet off the ground.

Red all day long.

J-C
17-10-2017, 08:07 AM

How can we be a soft touch, just because we didn't go around kicking lumps out of the Aberdeen players doesn't make us a soft touch, it comes down to the referee to stamp his authority on game and book players when they foul continuously, all we can do is play the game properly and hope the ref does his job right.

KWJ
17-10-2017, 09:25 AM
How can we be a soft touch, just because we didn't go around kicking lumps out of the Aberdeen players doesn't make us a soft touch, it comes down to the referee to stamp his authority on game and book players when they foul continuously, all we can do is play the game properly and hope the ref does his job right.

They fell into the continuous fouling cycle late on in the game but they tended to be in non dangerous positions, that was part of being smarter.

In the middle of the pitch they out-muscled and outnumbered us for 60-70 minutes in my view. Bartley stood up to it but he wasn't on the ball.

Possession was 50-50 and if you think how much we had in the last 15 minutes and in the first 5-10 minutes that suggests Aberdeen were on top for the rest of it.

My feeling was that we were a soft touch in the attacking third. I could understand their big defenders shrugging off Stokes, Boyle and McGeouch but it seemed like McLean was winning more than his fair share in the middle and even Christie who looks like a wonky twig.

Our tactics probably didn't help as Stokes was so isolated but still.

I'll watch the May tackle again but not so much the Christie, GMS fouls as they'll give me the rage. I was sure GMS was booked during the game, shocking that he wasn't. Christie too.

They were heavy in the tackle but I'd call them smart about it rather than dirty. I'm sure if they had of received bookings earlier like Stevenson then they'd have adapted. Maybe not the nicest way to play football but it's how to win. Lennon knows this all to well from his playing days.

Delboy4
17-10-2017, 03:42 PM

I hate the show.

What annoys me is that there are no commentators at the so called smaller games. There will be one at the Celtic & Rangers games and maybe one of the remaining games. Then when you listen
to all of the other highlights of the games it's the same guys spouting their garbage about the game. They can't get excited at chances in front of goal etc BECAUSE they were not there at the time...and they know the chance didn't go in anyway!!!

At least down South they pay for their commentators to be at the games.

I wish they would just show us the goals in a short programme and stop all the crap punditry! That wee jambo in his jumper who presents the show is a waste of TV time :brickwall

Superfurry72
17-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Noticed that too haha. I was going with "pedestrian".. usually think Michael Stewart talks a fair amount of sense - wee slip of the tongue there I think. :greengrin

Aye, you’re probably right, now I think about it! I like the idea of a team being “pedantic” though...

Ómaigh-Hib
17-10-2017, 04:30 PM

Just about everything that is wrong with Scottish football summed up in on sentence.