PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats in lower FF - solutions?

SRHibs
15-10-2017, 04:36 PM
I didn't realise quite how bad the problem with empty seats was until I got a head-on view from the South yesterday. Surely there must be something that club can implement to ensure that people aren't taking advantage of these seats in order to get tickets for Cat A's/cup games.

As it's all electronic, it's probably pretty easy to assess which seats are and aren't being used. If the seats are left unused (ticket unscanned) for 3(?) games straight they should automatically open up for any proceeding games. If people are buying seats at a ridiculous discount without the intention of using them then it needs to be addressed. And if they can't address it, they may as well just bring back loyalty points.

Malthibby
15-10-2017, 04:40 PM
I didn't realise quite how bad the problem with empty seats was until I got a head-on view from the South yesterday. Surely there must be something that club can implement to ensure that people aren't taking advantage of these seats in order to get tickets for Cat A's/cup games.

As it's all electronic, it's probably pretty easy to assess which seats are and aren't being used. If the seats are left unused (ticket unscanned) for 3(?) games straight they should automatically open up for any proceeding games. If people are buying seats at a ridiculous discount without the intention of using them then it needs to be addressed. And if they can't address it, they may as well just bring back loyalty points.

Only see the lower FF from up & to the side, so if this is the problem alluded to on the other post about cheap seats I should apologize for being sarky.:clown:

Ringothedog
15-10-2017, 04:41 PM

What a lot of rubbish, the seats have been bought, the customer can decide on whether they wish their child to attend or not. Talk about a sledgehammer to break a walnut 😤

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Are the tickets going to schools, youth clubs etc and not being used? Seems to be gaps for every game.

CMurdoch
15-10-2017, 04:56 PM
The super cheap kids season tickets could be for all matches except v Hearts, Celtic & Rangers where their seats could be sold to walk ups

cleanyman
15-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Heck of a lot of empty seats on Sportscene. Wasn't so obvious at the game

SRHibs
15-10-2017, 05:11 PM
The super cheap kids season tickets could be for all matches except v Hearts, Celtic & Rangers where their seats could be sold to walk ups

Maybe for cat A games it needs to be confirmed online that it will be used, or something along those lines.

CMurdoch
15-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Maybe for cat A games it needs to be confirmed online that it will be used, or something along those lines.

Aberdeen is a Cat A game but everyone that wanted a seat yesterday got 1 so no need to include that game

SRHibs
15-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Aberdeen is a Cat A game but everyone that wanted a seat yesterday got 1 so no need to include that game

True, would've been better for the home ends to be full though, as opposed to opening the South when it's not necessary.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 05:34 PM

Not sure it was, it was category B pricing

iwasthere1972
15-10-2017, 05:35 PM
If they miss three consecutive games then on their return, and as soon as their card is scanned, the gunge machine should come into action.

Don't know what the solution is but the six or seven year old (guessing here) boy who is a season ticket holder and sits next to me in the FF Lower doesn't even watch the match. Just sits playing games on his tablet and doesn't even lift his head up when we have a penalty or score a goal. Must be cheaper for the parents to drag him along to Easter Road than pay for a babysitter. I'm moving seats next season. The woman who sits behind me does nothing but moan for the entire 90 minutes.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 05:38 PM
If they miss three consecutive games then on their return, and as soon as their card is scanned, the gunge machine should come into action.

Don't know what the solution is but the six or seven year old (guessing here) boy who is a season ticket holder and sits next to me in the FF Lower doesn't even watch the match. Just sits playing games on his tablet and doesn't even lift his head up when we have a penalty or score a goal. Must be cheaper for the parents to drag him along to Easter Road than pay for a babysitter. I'm moving seats next season. The woman who sits behind me does nothing but moan for the entire 90 minutes.

What does the Gunge machine look like😄

I like the idea that the £25 kids ticket is for Cat B games. £25 in this day and age for 19 home league games is absolute peanuts
It’s £75/85 for a kids in the East

CMurdoch
15-10-2017, 05:43 PM

The kids should be gunged if they don't watch the game, kick the seat of the guy in front or run about the place. Bloody kids :wink:.

Nicho87
15-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Clearly been purchased by fans who know they will be attending the bigger games and doing an upgrade for each match.

60 North
15-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Hi, been registered on here for years but this is my first post so please be gentle with me.

With regards to the OP, I answered the call and bought myself and my 9 year old nephew a season ticket each for this season. I bought the tickets before the fixtures were released. This was a bit of a gamble for me as apart from living in Orkney I also work at sea on a 4 week on 4 week off rota so I knew I would be missing games. And I don't half miss games...before the split I will only be ashore for seven games and one of those is on the 30th December and I don't know whether I will be able to go to that one as it could be dodgy getting back to Orkney on the 31st. The only 'big' game that I do get is the derby on the 10th March. I would love to be able to take advantage of the guaranteed semi-final ticket for my nephew and myself but once again my work gets in the way as I don't get off the ship until the 26th, two days after the derby. So far for every game we can't make I have informed the ticket office and they have put our tickets up for resale. I don't know whether they have ever resold them but if they have it's a few more pounds into the clubs coffers.

I realise that this isn't the case for everyone in the family section but please don't penalise, or suggest penalising those of us that would love to go to more games than we are able to.

I'm sorry if I have been a bit long winded but it isn't always as cut and dried as some may think

Kaff
15-10-2017, 06:13 PM
These tickets are the gateway for kids to become full time fans, we started with two kids and an adult now we are one kid and a youth so shortly we'll have two youths and probably move elsewhere in the ground thus freeing up a couple of kids seats. Where is the problem with that if the tickets are appropriately purchased? We started when ST sales were 7-8k and no one moaned then, even more recently there were overseas fans being congratulated for purchasing STs even though they can't attend, Imo the only games where it will be a problem are the 3 mentioned but do we just stop encouraging the new youngsters?
The same rubbish was spouted about the loyalty scheme and the club succumbed to the vocal minority and scrapped it totally, hopefully they're not so daft this time

iwasthere1972
15-10-2017, 06:17 PM
The kids should be gunged if they don't watch the game, kick the seat of the guy in front or run about the place. Bloody kids :wink:.

Maybe they're already being punished enough by being forced to eat their way through a mountain of chips and pizzas.

Ringothedog
15-10-2017, 06:17 PM
These tickets are the gateway for kids to become full time fans, we started with two kids and an adult now we are one kid and a youth so shortly we'll have two youths and probably move elsewhere in the ground thus freeing up a couple of kids seats. Where is the problem with that if the tickets are appropriately purchased? We started when ST sales were 7-8k and no one moaned then, even more recently there were overseas fans being congratulated for purchasing STs even though they can't attend, Imo the only games where it will be a problem are the 3 mentioned but do we just stop encouraging the new youngsters?
The same rubbish was spouted about the loyalty scheme and the club succumbed to the vocal minority and scrapped it totally, hopefully they're not so daft this time

Agreed 100%

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Hi, been registered on here for years but this is my first post so please be gentle with me.

With regards to the OP, I answered the call and bought myself and my 9 year old nephew a season ticket each for this season. I bought the tickets before the fixtures were released. This was a bit of a gamble for me as apart from living in Orkney I also work at sea on a 4 week on 4 week off rota so I knew I would be missing games. And I don't half miss games...before the split I will only be ashore for seven games and one of those is on the 30th December and I don't know whether I will be able to go to that one as it could be dodgy getting back to Orkney on the 31st. The only 'big' game that I do get is the derby on the 10th March. I would love to be able to take advantage of the guaranteed semi-final ticket for my nephew and myself but once again my work gets in the way as I don't get off the ship until the 26th, two days after the derby. So far for every game we can't make I have informed the ticket office and they have put our tickets up for resale. I don't know whether they have ever resold them but if they have it's a few more pounds into the clubs coffers.

I realise that this isn't the case for everyone in the family section but please don't penalise, or suggest penalising those of us that would love to go to more games than we are able to.

I'm sorry if I have been a bit long winded but it isn't always as cut and dried as some may think

This is a great story 60 North. Travelling to home games back and forth from Orkney. Massive journey, and huge cost!
Well done to you and your newphew!
Are you a member of Orkney Hibs, used to be a Retailer who sold the gas that ran it, think they all came to see Hibs in mass each season

If you can’t make any of the Category A games, why don’t you tell Hibs and they can resell your seats
The Hearts game next week is sold out, if you can’t make it, Hibs I’m sure will be happy to sell them

Thanks for posting, keep contributing, as I like to read a wide range of views on here

G B Young
15-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Is this something we should really be getting worked up about? Personally I have nothing but admiration for folk who know they can't get to many (or perhaps any!) games yet shell out on a season ticket regardless due to their loyalty to the club and their desire to help them out financially.

As for yesterday's game, it was the first day of a ten-day half-term break for the Edinburgh schools so there's a good chance a lot of families will have gone away for a few days, resulting in a few more empty seats than usual.

Lovely as it would be from an aesthetic point of view to see every seat filled when more than 19k have been sold for the game, but I think we should just be delighted we're now shifting these sort of numbers of tickets.

60 North
15-10-2017, 06:41 PM
This is a great story 60 North. Travelling to home games back and forth from Orkney. Massive journey, and huge cost!
Well done to you and your newphew!
Are you a member of Orkney Hibs, used to be a Retailer who sold the gas that ran it, think they all came to see Hibs in mass each season

If you can’t make any of the Category A games, why don’t you tell Hibs and they can resell your seats
The Hearts game next week is sold out, if you can’t make it, Hibs I’m sure will be happy to sell them

Thanks for posting, keep contributing, as I like to read a wide range of views on here

I'm not sure whether I'm doing this right or not but bear with me.

I do let Hibs know when I can't get to games so hopefully they have been able to re-sell our seats.

I used to be a member of Orkney Hibs but I moved up to Shetland and lived there for a few years so lost touch with them and don't know whether they are still on the go or not. Now that I have moved back to Orkney I will have to try and find out whether they are still on the go. I did manage one trip down with them, I think it was 2006/07 season. We did the stadium tour and lunch in the Captains Lounge (at least I think it was there). It was a great trip down and I would certainly do it again

The nephew lives Aberdeenshire and we are pretty sure that he is the only Hibby in his school. He wasn't very pleased with yesterdays result

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure whether I'm doing this right or not but bear with me.

I do let Hibs know when I can't get to games so hopefully they have been able to re-sell our seats.

I used to be a member of Orkney Hibs but I moved up to Shetland and lived there for a few years so lost touch with them and don't know whether they are still on the go or not. Now that I have moved back to Orkney I will have to try and find out whether they are still on the go. I did manage one trip down with them, I think it was 2006/07 season. We did the stadium tour and lunch in the Captains Lounge (at least I think it was there). It was a great trip down and I would certainly do it again

The nephew lives Aberdeenshire and we are pretty sure that he is the only Hibby in his school. He wasn't very pleased with yesterdays result
Good on you doing that
Not sure how you’re doing it, but just email to
tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk
Ask them to acknowledge your email

ancient hibee
15-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Empty seats in family stand? Start of school holidays perhaps?

LancashireHibby
15-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Instead of punishing unused seats, engage with the season ticket holders and see why they aren't being used and offer incentives for the seats to be released or offer a preferential rate to upgrade kids season tickets to an adult for odd games.

60 North
15-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Good on you doing that
Not sure how you’re doing it, but just email to
tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk
Ask them to acknowledge your email

I normally phone the ticket office and give them our names and client ref. numbers but cheers for the email address as we don't always have a phone signal on the ship

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 07:35 PM
I normally phone the ticket office and give them our names and client ref. numbers but cheers for the email address as we don't always have a phone signal on the ship

Are you able to go to the Hibs game at Pittodrie on Saturday 16th December. If you can, send me a PM, and I can arrange to get you tickets beside us, and introduce you to some of the posters on here😄

AndyB_70
15-10-2017, 07:43 PM
I know a few ST holders that missed yesterday as its the start of the Edinburgh school holidays and they have vanished off to sunny Florida. Part time gits.

Fuzzywuzzy
15-10-2017, 07:57 PM
I emailed the ticket office last week to see if the seat beside me was available for my other son. They said it wasn't as another season ticket holder has it. It's not been used so far this season.

Kaff
15-10-2017, 08:16 PM
I emailed the ticket office last week to see if the seat beside me was available for my other son. They said it wasn't as another season ticket holder has it. It's not been used so far this season.

That's annoying and if there was a cost effective way for the club to monitor the use and ask the ticket holder about incidences like this then fair play (continually unused). When my wife comes with us we generally buy her a ticket close to us and after a short spell into the game we either move to four empty seats together or she will find two and our daughter sits with her, this is obviously due to the number of unused seats. One point I will add is that although kids,don't go to every game when they are there they will spend a significant amount in the shop so adding to their 'Hibs spend' over the season to dwarf the price of their season ticket.

60 North
15-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Are you able to go to the Hibs game at Pittodrie on Saturday 16th December. If you can, send me a PM, and I can arrange to get you tickets beside us, and introduce you to some of the posters on here😄

Thank you very much for the offer, I really appreciate it but that game is slap bang in the middle of my next trip on the ship. We will be getting to two games during my next leave. Going to be at the Dundee game on the 4th and the St Johnstone game on the 18th. Hopefully be able to meet up with some of you guys in the future though.

Mibbes Aye
15-10-2017, 08:27 PM
I bought four STs this season - two adults, one youth, one child. Due to various commitments on Saturday mornings, we don't always know until the last minute whether we can make it - we stay a fair distance away from ER and if anything over-runs on a Sat morning then it becomes problematic.

So far, we've managed one home league game (and that was only three of us), though yesterday was a late call-off and we had thought we were going. Our aim is to get to as many games as possible but I bought the tickets knowing fine well that we wouldn't get to them all.

Not lying - the chance to get priority on Hampden tickets was a sweetener but even saying that, we aren't able to go to the SF!

So yes, our four seats will sometimes, maybe often, not all be filled but that's the way it goes for us. When we can make it we do make it and the seats certainly weren't bought to get first dibs for finals etc. I suspect that is true of a number of ST holders.

NASAHIBS
15-10-2017, 08:28 PM

Totally agree. I stay on the west coast, and have had a season ticket for years. I have a 5 year old who I want to be part of the future Hibs support and she has also had a season ticket since she was 2. I don't want her to grow up and end up supporting one of the bigot brothers, and the FF season tickets give me the chance to encourage her along. We don't get to all games due to other commitments, but i have always stumped up to put money into the club. and can honestly say have never used the wee ones season ticket status to abuse the ticket situation for semi finals/finals etc which we have been blessed with the last few years. As much as I can, I also let Hibs know if one or both tickets aren't being used so they can re-sell. We should be encouraging the future support and not penalising them (and folk like myself) should we not be able to make 3 games in a row!!

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Thank you very much for the offer, I really appreciate it but that game is slap bang in the middle of my next trip on the ship. We will be getting to two games during my next leave. Going to be at the Dundee game on the 4th and the St Johnstone game on the 18th. Hopefully be able to meet up with some of you guys in the future though.

No worries

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2017, 08:40 PM
If they miss a game - hang em.

Simple as that.

Swedish hibee
15-10-2017, 09:38 PM
I used to buy a ST in the FF Lower and some seasons I never used to attend a game. Stopped a few seasons back and the money goes towards the weekend cabin now! I paid an adult price like everyone else, and what I chose to do was up to me. I was hardly denying a fan a ticket and hibs needed the money at the time. There's probably others like me still.

Keith_M
15-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Remove the seats?

:dunno:

Nicho87
15-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Send them to tynie

Kaff
15-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Hopefully the replies of 60, Mibbes, NASA and Swedish show that there are very good reasons to allay the fears of other supporters that there is generally proper use of the FF ticket situation

Albanian Hibs
15-10-2017, 11:07 PM

No its not. It was a cat b game.

Johnny Clash
16-10-2017, 07:24 AM
I just don’t understand why ST holders who can’t make games don’t just send a simple email releasing the seats.

Literally takes seconds.

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2017, 09:25 AM
I understand that some folk buy kids tickets for the FF lower with no intention of bringing their kids to every game, for a load of reasons its not always possible for kids to go. I also get it that some folk pay for an adult season ticket in the full knowledge that they might not make many games, which is a wonderful commitment to the club, good on em'

But the number of empty seats in the FF lower at just about every game this season is a bit of a mystery ... Aberdeen is traditionally one of our biggest games of the season and Saturday was much anticipated, it was also a 3pm kick off and not on the telly, which incidentally has been the case for all of our home games so far this season. From that POV the number of empty seats in the FF was and is surprising .... every dot count this season has shown very few seats left in the FF lower by Friday evening so they are not unsold seats .... it does all seem a bit strange.

For most games its not a big deal because there are enough seats left to fit in everybody who wants to go, even if they do have to go to the south. But that wont be the case for the derby which has been sold out for weeks, in which case there really should be a drive by the club to encourage ST holders who aren't going to let them know the seat will be available ... a simple E Mail or phone call to the club should do it. If 300 seats are made available to Hibs in this way and they are all sold to adults that's £8,400 into the clubs coffers ... or 3 players weekly wages.

If we play the ugly sisters and the Yams twice each at ER this season and that pattern is followed it comes to £50,400 ... not an insignificant sum of money.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Should kids tickets not just be made more expensive, or cat B?

I know the argument that we should encourage kids to attend, but the whole problem is them not attending!

Its a tricky one for the club though.

RoYO!
16-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Clearly been purchased by fans who know they will be attending the bigger games and doing an upgrade for each match.

You'd think that, but there will be someone along to *categorically* deny that it happens. As in, fact. End of. Oh ye, how could we be so ridiculous to suggest such a thing!?

Happens every time this thread gets started.

Phil MaGlass
16-10-2017, 10:45 AM
I reckon had we actually resold all the seats that were empty on Sat. We would not have had to open the South

RoYO!
16-10-2017, 10:50 AM
I reckon had we actually resold all the seats that were empty on Sat. We would not have had to open the South

And that's just in the north lower! :P

Keith_M
16-10-2017, 11:14 AM
You'd think that, but there will be someone along to *categorically* deny that it happens. As in, fact. End of. Oh ye, how could we be so ridiculous to suggest such a thing!?

Happens every time this thread gets started.

How about we just agree that it's a mixture of reasons the seats are empty then; loads of people whose kids only go occasionally (as some of the parents have stated on here) and some people that buy themselves an adult ticket, and then also spend 25 quid on a kids ticket so they can cash in on it... on the off chance Hibs reach a final.

What we don't want to do is throw the baby out with the bath water, and do away with the cheap seats completely. It seems like these have been a great way to introduce future supporters to Easter Road.

Swedish hibee
16-10-2017, 11:15 AM
As the wee band of St Mirren fans showed on the final day of last season, you don't need many to get an atmosphere going. They made more noise than the rest of ER. All I seem to read on net lately is dot count, atmosphere, empty seats.. We are not winning games! And if we don't win the derby (oh god) this place will go into melt down & that will have nothing to do with how many people are in the ground. I don't watch games & worry about the 50 empty seats in the stand, I worry about our passing, defending, strikers not scoring.. Motherwell, St Johnstone fans either don't worry about the size of the gate do they?

Michael
16-10-2017, 11:26 AM
I just don’t understand why ST holders who can’t make games don’t just send a simple email releasing the seats.

Literally takes seconds.

If people aren't doing it, then we probably need an easier way to do it. Maybe a ticket app which could also have the barcode for entry so you don't need the card.

madhibee_again
16-10-2017, 12:11 PM
I've said this before, and I'm sure there are many others in a similar situation as me, but I bought a child's season ticket next to my Dad, brother and I so that I could start to bring along my youngest (3) and my eldest - when she shows an interest, which isn't showing currently! They won't be at every game, and at the stages they are at I wouldn't take them to every game, just those that they ask to go along to. A 3 year old sitting in the freezing, cold, wind and rain isn't fun for anyone. But being able to take him and start to get him in the habit of going, begins to get him hooked for the future and means I know I can get a seat beside me.

Where I know 100% the seat won't be used (i.e. the derby) I'll contact the TO and release the seat, but there's times when I won't know until the last minute. I have a feeling many will be in the same boat.

The family stand is always likely to be the one with the most gaps, due to holidays, kids parties, everything else that life throws at kids.

For one season Hibs put in additional checks and different turnstiles for adults and kids, these are no longer there, which would make me think there is no real issue with people buying cheap seats for cup final tickets and the situation described above is more likely.

Eaststandee
16-10-2017, 12:39 PM
We could always just ignore the empty seats and claim a sell out every week, that's what big teams do.

Ronniekirk
16-10-2017, 12:45 PM

Literally takes seconds.

This for me Did it for the first time last ftiday and will do it for every game i cant go to in Future it really is that simple If a Luddite like me can do it anyone can
However its clear thsts iether not happening or they are being freed up and thete isnt the demand
I think its clear a lot of people have invested in the Club by buying a Season Ticket this year knowing they will hardly use it Maybe hibs need to remind people at point of buying how to free up thier seat If they arent going to be using it
Out of interest does anyone know anyone thst wanted to go on Saturday and and couldnt get a ticket Suspect thier weren't that many
Our support has grown beyond expectation but the Hearts game apart i dont think we are yet at a stage where we. Ould sell out week on week in with a thousand or so supporters regulary unable to get in
I

Nakedmanoncrack
16-10-2017, 12:54 PM
How about we just agree that it's a mixture of reasons the seats are empty then; loads of people whose kids only go occasionally (as some of the parents have stated on here) and some people that buy themselves an adult ticket, and then also spend 25 quid on a kids ticket so they can cash in on it... on the off chance Hibs reach a final.

What we don't want to do is throw the baby out with the bath water, and do away with the cheap seats completely. It seems like these have been a great way to introduce future supporters to Easter Road.

How exactly are they cashing in if we get to a cup final? Who is the cup final ticket for? The adult ST holder is guaranteed a ticket anyway, why would you pay £25 to give yourself a chance of being able to buy a ticket for someone else for a hypothetical cup final? How many people miss out on cup final tickets anyway? I'm a ST holder this season, but for first time in about 8 years, never had any trouble getting tickets for Hampden in those years. If you want one, you get one and witjout throwing away money on kids STs.

TorMTH
16-10-2017, 01:36 PM
What does the Gunge machine look like[emoji1]

I like the idea that the £25 kids ticket is for Cat B games. £25 in this day and age for 19 home league games is absolute peanuts
It’s £75/85 for a kids in the EastYou however have a far superior view of the game in the East, as opposed to down the front of the FF

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
16-10-2017, 02:22 PM
How exactly are they cashing in if we get to a cup final? Who is the cup final ticket for? The adult ST holder is guaranteed a ticket anyway, why would you pay £25 to give yourself a chance of being able to buy a ticket for someone else for a hypothetical cup final? How many people miss out on cup final tickets anyway? I'm a ST holder this season, but for first time in about 8 years, never had any trouble getting tickets for Hampden in those years. If you want one, you get one and witjout throwing away money on kids STs.

Don't jump on me, bud, I was only summarizing the claim that others have made.

I think the jist of it is that some people are saying that folk are trying to get extra tickets for Cup Finals to then sell them on to others... or something like that.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Don't jump on me, bud, I was only summarizing the claim that others have made.

I think the jist of it is that some people are saying that folk are trying to get extra tickets for Cup Finals to then sell them on to others... or something like that.

Not having a go at you, it's a claim we all hear but it's baseless, an elaborate scam that might come off we get to a cup final and there is sufficient demand for people to pay vastly over the odds for a ticket from a fellow supporter. Yet we've only had 8 Scottish Cup, and 10 League cup finals since the war, most of which didn't sell out, I don't know anyone who has ever paid over face value for a cup final ticket, and the only one that it was at all difficult to get a ticket for was 'that' one.

Onceinawhile
16-10-2017, 07:15 PM
The stadium wasn't sold out, so who cares if some seats were empty? It's hardly prime seating.

Johnny Clash
16-10-2017, 07:39 PM
If people aren't doing it, then we probably need an easier way to do it. Maybe a ticket app which could also have the barcode for entry so you don't need the card.

Very good idea mate

Johnny Clash
16-10-2017, 07:47 PM
This for me Did it for the first time last ftiday and will do it for every game i cant go to in Future it really is that simple If a Luddite like me can do it anyone can
However its clear thsts iether not happening or they are being freed up and thete isnt the demand
I think its clear a lot of people have invested in the Club by buying a Season Ticket this year knowing they will hardly use it Maybe hibs need to remind people at point of buying how to free up thier seat If they arent going to be using it
Out of interest does anyone know anyone thst wanted to go on Saturday and and couldnt get a ticket Suspect thier weren't that many
Our support has grown beyond expectation but the Hearts game apart i dont think we are yet at a stage where we. Ould sell out week on week in with a thousand or so supporters regulary unable to get in
I

always did think Luddites were cool and got a bad press!

Thing is, even if a game isn’t a complete sell out I think it’s only fair to release my seat in the middle of the East so that some hibby can enjoy the view.

hailhail22
16-10-2017, 07:53 PM
I didn't know until late on Saturday that I couldn't go so would of been to late to contact the ticket office to resell the seats so that would of been 3 empty ones.

I got my daughter a season ticket who is just coming up 15 months, took her to the Partick game and Motherwell but trying to get her to sit for 90minutes is impossible so doubt I will be taking her much this season, More than happy to contact the ticket office so the seat can be re sold

iwasthere1972
16-10-2017, 08:01 PM
I didn't know until late on Saturday that I couldn't go so would of been to late to contact the ticket office to resell the seats so that would of been 3 empty ones.

I got my daughter a season ticket who is just coming up 15 months, took her to the Partick game and Motherwell but trying to get her to sit for 90minutes is impossible so doubt I will be taking her much this season, More than happy to contact the ticket office so the seat can be re sold

So she's 14 months then. :greengrin

That's just too young as far as I'm concerned. Can't imagine that they will have a Scooby...a bit like the ref on Saturday. Don't take it the wrong way but it wouldn't have been me. Need too much attention at that age.

Keith_M
16-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Wow, that's very young.

hailhail22
16-10-2017, 09:18 PM
So she's 14 months then. :greengrin

That's just too young as far as I'm concerned. Can't imagine that they will have a Scooby...a bit like the ref on Saturday. Don't take it the wrong way but it wouldn't have been me. Need too much attention at that age.

............ yes 😂

It was either take her along or not go myself unfortunately, Now I need to find a babysitter every other Saturday for a few hours 😮

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2017, 09:45 PM

Can't argue with what Kaff says. I think the bargain kids ST is one of the best thing the club does, as it enables families to get the next generation of fans involved. Get them early and you've got them for life; otherwise the OF and big foreign clubs will just hoover them up.

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Wow, that's very young.

It's never too young to start the fitba brainwashing. All my nieces and nephews received Hibs babygrows they day they were born :agree:

HibbySpurs
16-10-2017, 10:33 PM

Eh, no they couldn't.

The club offers these tickets to allow families (like mine) to attend at a reasonable rate. Your idea is that I then have to re-buy my kids tickets for Cat A games after already paying for a season ticket? Clues in the name.... Season ticket?

Or we can just punt them to some yahoo who only wants to go to 'big games'?

SRHibs
16-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Eh, no they couldn't.

The club offers these tickets to allow families (like mine) to attend at a reasonable rate. Your idea is that I then have to re-buy my kids tickets for Cat A games after already paying for a season ticket? Clues in the name.... Season ticket?

Or we can just punt them to some yahoo who only wants to go to 'big games'?

Re-buy? I didn’t say that. But making them for Cat B only would be fine actually, considering the price.

jgl07
17-10-2017, 12:26 AM
What is the problem with a few empty seats? As long as people have paid for the seats, it doesn't matter.

Hibs are nowhere near to capacity at the moment. Until they fill the ground regularly (including half of the South Stand), there isn't a problem apart from in the minds of a few obsessives. All a bit Yammish in my view.

When (and if) that day comes, Hibs should fill in a couple of corners with safe standing areas. When they fill that then maybe there will be a problem? Then they could consider a 'use it or lose it' system. Otherwise its a solution in search of a problem.

marinello59
17-10-2017, 04:21 AM

It Isn't a problem at all. Nobody has failed to get a ticket for ER that wanted one. We have sold 13000 season tickets, many of them to people who know they won't make every game. That applies to every section of the ground. The deal for kids n the FF includes an adult having to pay near enough full price for their ticket. That's a good thing, we get more families able to attend.
When it comes to complaining about absolutely nothing this is up there with the most nonsensical I have ever seen on here.

jodjam
17-10-2017, 05:36 AM
What is the problem with a few empty seats? As long as people have paid for the seats, it doesn't matter.

Hibs are nowhere near to capacity at the moment. Until they fill the ground regularly (including half of the South Stand), there isn't a problem apart from in the minds of a few obsessives. All a bit Yammish in my view.

When (and if) that day comes, Hibs should fill in a couple of corners with safe standing areas. When they fill that then maybe there will be a problem? Then they could consider a 'use it or lose it' system. Otherwise its a solution in search of a problem.

Great post.

Beefster
17-10-2017, 05:59 AM
When it comes to complaining about absolutely nothing this is up there with the most nonsensical I have ever seen on here.

I think it’s just part of a general trend of sticking noses into stuff that has nothing to do with them. Leaving your seat, not singing, not using your ST, only wearing a t-shirt in sub-zero temperatures, white sport socks with black brogues and stealing TVs out of Currys. You can’t do anything fun nowadays without some random moaning about it on the Internet.

SRHibs
17-10-2017, 06:06 AM
It Isn't a problem at all. Nobody has failed to get a ticket for ER that wanted one. We have sold 13000 season tickets, many of them to people who know they won't make every game. That applies to every section of the ground. The deal for kids n the FF includes an adult having to pay near enough full price for their ticket. That's a good thing, we get more families able to attend.

Even in a game where everyone still gets a ticket, would simply be better to have the home stands full before we have to dip into the potential allocation of other teams. Not to mention, with the singing section in the FF it might be nice to have a few fans in the lower for the singing to spread to.

SRHibs
17-10-2017, 06:10 AM
I think it’s just part of a general trend of sticking noses into stuff that has nothing to do with them. Leaving your seat, not singing, not using your ST, only wearing a t-shirt in sub-zero temperatures, white sport socks with black brogues and stealing TVs out of Currys. You can’t do anything fun nowadays without some random moaning about it on the Internet.

Maybe the personal issues of those who don’t attend are nothing to do with me, but if they manifest in something that potentially affects Hibs negatively then I don’t see the issue with any Hibs fan “sticking their nose in”. The thread was more referring to the fans who buy a dirt cheap seat to effectively reserve an extra seat for the season, and not kids who legitimately can’t attend for whatever reason.

Onceinawhile
17-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Maybe the personal issues of those who don’t attend are nothing to do with me, but if they manifest in something that potentially affects Hibs negatively then I don’t see the issue with any Hibs fan “sticking their nose in”. The thread was more referring to the fans who buy a dirt cheap seat to effectively reserve an extra seat for the season, and not kids who legitimately can’t attend for whatever reason.

It doesn't effect hibs negatively though as the seats been paid for.

RoYO!
17-10-2017, 02:58 PM
The stadium wasn't sold out, so who cares if some seats were empty? It's hardly prime seating.

As if the club knew they were going to be empty they could sell these seats.

In turn, that may mean that the south could have been sold to more dons fans making the club more money.

RoYO!
17-10-2017, 02:59 PM
It doesn't effect hibs negatively though as the seats been paid for.

For less than £2 a game.

Mibbes Aye
17-10-2017, 05:10 PM
For less than £2 a game.

The youth and child tickets I bought (and don't always get used) are in the West.

They sure as hell weren't less than £2 a game.

McD
17-10-2017, 07:30 PM

Theres no maybe about it, peoples personal issues are nothing to do with you, whether they affect Hibs or not.

McD
17-10-2017, 07:31 PM
For less than £2 a game.

Which would still be the case if there was a bum on the seat.

lord bunberry
17-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Which would still be the case if there was a bum on the seat.
We’re no letting Jambo’s in now are we? :greengrin

SRHibs
17-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Theres no maybe about it, peoples personal issues are nothing to do with you, whether they affect Hibs or not.

As a Hibs fan, the effect of it is though. I’m not prying into anyone’s personal issues so I don’t see where that’s even come from. It’s clear this thread was well-intentioned and wasn’t a dig at anyone who genuinely misses games now and then - I travel from Newcastle for the football and unfortunately sometimes miss games myself, so I more than understand. Only those who buy the dirt cheap seats and leave them empty for the entire season.

I would say that not giving your ticket to a friend/opening it up for sale if you don’t go is just pure laziness, though.

Swedish hibee
17-10-2017, 08:34 PM
I would say that not giving your ticket to a friend/opening it up for sale if you don’t go is just pure laziness, though.

A) The ground isn't sold out fortnightly.
B) Once folk use their hard earned money on a ST it's up to them how & when they use it.
C) I'm more worried we're not winning games rather than a spare seat in the stand.

McD
17-10-2017, 09:37 PM
As a Hibs fan, the effect of it is though. I’m not prying into anyone’s personal issues so I don’t see where that’s even come from. It’s clear this thread was well-intentioned and wasn’t a dig at anyone who genuinely misses games now and then - I travel from Newcastle for the football and unfortunately sometimes miss games myself, so I more than understand. Only those who buy the dirt cheap seats and leave them empty for the entire season.

First bold section - those were your words in your previous post, I was just responding.

Second bold section - :thumbsup: fair do’s mate