PDA

View Full Version : Gms

houstonhibbee
15-10-2017, 12:12 AM
Say what you want about him, and the posters that say he's not good enough for Hibs but..............

good enough for Aberdeen

he looked sharp from the start

always looked dangerous - more that could be said of any hibs attacker

and not surprised when he popped up with what proved to be the winner

matty_f
15-10-2017, 12:14 AM
He was doing his best to get Lewis sent off after Lewis got booked. Was very lucky not to be booked himself, probably should have been on a couple of occasions.

houstonhibbee
15-10-2017, 12:18 AM
He was doing his best to get Lewis sent off after Lewis got booked. Was very lucky not to be booked himself, probably should have been on a couple of occasions.
so you wouldn't take him?

matty_f
15-10-2017, 12:20 AM
so you wouldn't take him?

Nope.

houstonhibbee
15-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Nope.
and presumably for the reasons you have stated

SChibs
15-10-2017, 02:22 AM
There isn't even a discussion to be had here, gms would improve our team. Fwiw I'd take logan, gms, and maybe one of their striker's in the hibs team but I think the defences and midfield are pretty even apart from that.

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2017, 03:18 AM
I have never had any regard for GMS as a man ... yes he has decent skill ... but IMO he is a *****g coward and if you can get a couple of meaty challenges on him early doors you wont see him for the rest of the game. I never saw anything from him yesterday to change that opinion and laughed my arse off when I saw him accuse Lewis Stevenson of going down too easily after he had tackled him ..... add up a hundred GMS's and you still wouldn't get one Stevenson when it comes to guts and commitment.

I would take Lewis, Shinnie, Christie and especially Logan in a second, but GMS can GTF and I would have said the same before today :aok:

Heisenberg
15-10-2017, 07:38 AM
How he got away without getting booked yesterday was astonishing. Halfed Stevenson from behind and got away with it. Would I take him in our team based on his attributes? 100%.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Annoying wee barsteward but the boys a player. That's the most uncomfortable I've seen Stevenson look in years.

For all the criticism Boyle is getting he was up against a cracking players in Logans as well. Him and GMS worked well together and it always looked like any breakthrough was coming down that side in the 1st half.

I'd take him at Hibs in a minute.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2017, 08:23 AM
GMS is a decent player and if he was the difference between the teams yesterday then that surely tells us how far we have come.

Danderhall Hibs
15-10-2017, 08:28 AM
I have never had any regard for GMS as a man ... yes he has decent skill ... but IMO he is a *****g coward and if you can get a couple of meaty challenges on him early doors you wont see him for the rest of the game. I never saw anything from him yesterday to change that opinion and laughed my arse off when I saw him accuse Lewis Stevenson of going down too easily after he had tackled him ..... add up a hundred GMS's and you still wouldn't get one Stevenson when it comes to guts and commitment.

I would take Lewis, Shinnie, Christie and especially Logan in a second, but GMS can GTF and I would have said the same before today :aok:

Stevenson put him in the air early doors yesterday and then GMS ripped him a new one so not sure I agree with the coward comment.

He'd definitely improve our team/squad - I was disappointed we didn't get him in the summer.

Geo_1875
15-10-2017, 08:42 AM
How he got away without getting booked yesterday was astonishing. Halfed Stevenson from behind and got away with it. Would I take him in our team based on his attributes? 100%.

He's a cheating niggly little ******* but some player. Same with Christie. Both could have been off yesterday if the referee was consistent with his cards.

Firestarter
15-10-2017, 09:02 AM
A kind of player you love in our side but hate in opposition.

500miles
15-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Say what you want about him, and the posters that say he's not good enough for Hibs but..............

good enough for Aberdeen

He played well today, but it's inconsistency that's his problem. A very frustrating player for United and Celtic.

JimBHibees
15-10-2017, 09:15 AM
He's a cheating niggly little ******* but some player. Same with Christie. Both could have been off yesterday if the referee was consistent with his cards.

Unfortunately Boyle short pass to Lewis meant that he got an early booking meaning Lewis wasn't able to continually foul gms throughout the game like some of the Aberdeen players were able to do with impunity to Hibs players.

Firestarter
15-10-2017, 09:24 AM
He played well today, but it's inconsistency that's his problem. A very frustrating player for United and Celtic.

He was **** hot at Dundee Utd. We have many players with the same problem too.

neil7908
15-10-2017, 09:28 AM
I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Look at GMS impact on that game versus Boyle.

Frazerbob
15-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Any of their starting 11 would improve our squad. Best Sheep team since their halcyon days.

Sammy7nil
15-10-2017, 10:09 AM

Took a "meaty challenge" got up scored one and should have had two, so kinda kills your argument.

DTS
15-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Was excellent yesterday, yes he’s a diving cheating little prick but he was the biggest threat for them yesterday and that’s the first time in a long time I’ve felt Stevenson was struggling to get to his man although may have been impacted with the booking. Boyle should take note on how to be an effective winger without permantly hugging the wing and turning back

SlickShoes
15-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately Boyle short pass to Lewis meant that he got an early booking meaning Lewis wasn't able to continually foul gms throughout the game like some of the Aberdeen players were able to do with impunity to Hibs players.

Stevenson really is untouchable to some folk. I done a 180 and like him at left back but blaming Boyle for him getting booked is ridiculous.

Sammy7nil
15-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Stevenson really is untouchable to some folk. I done a 180 and like him at left back but blaming Boyle for him getting booked is ridiculous.

Let's say Boyles short pass did not help then :greengrin

SChibs
15-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Annoying wee barsteward but the boys a player. That's the most uncomfortable I've seen Stevenson look in years.

For all the criticism Boyle is getting he was up against a cracking players in Logans as well. Him and GMS worked well together and it always looked like any breakthrough was coming down that side in the 1st half.

Agree with this. Logans the best right back in the league imo. Slightly better than lustig at celtic

staunchhibby
15-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Think Boyles pass caused the problem which ended up with Stevenson getting booked.

edwards
15-10-2017, 11:20 AM
He used to do the same thing to Stevenson when he played for UTD nothing different there I am afraid

My_Wife_Camille
15-10-2017, 11:39 AM
He's a quality player. He's as good as a team like Hibs or Aberdeen can realistically hope for. I know it's about opinions but I can't help but think that people saying they wouldn't have him at Hibs are just kidding themselves.

Stantons Angel
15-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Think Boyles pass caused the problem which ended up with Stevenson getting booked.

i would agree with this, the pass was short and Lewis had to lung at it and took the player too. Hence the booking...... GMS is a cheating wee diving git..... for want of better words!

If his skills include throwing himself on the deck every 5 mins and trying to get other players sent off then id rather not see him in a Hibs jeresey. Yes he made Lewis look uncomfortable by having to reign in his tackles of the wee prat or he'd have been sent off!!

Yes he has skills, but at each of his last clubs he has been unable to show consistent use of them and has even had to try and perfect his diving skills in the River Clyde!

So im sorry but he is not for Hibs IMO!!!

Nicho87
15-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Boyles pass was a hospital pass for Stevenson. Shinnie, Logan, really solid full backs. Boyle got nothing out of Logan for 70 minutes. We need a Rooney type up front.

Bob1875
15-10-2017, 01:11 PM
HIm & Christie are top players and would walk into our team im afraid.

Arch Stanton
15-10-2017, 01:18 PM
i would agree with this, the pass was short and Lewis had to lung at it and took the player too. Hence the booking...... GMS is a cheating wee diving git..... for want of better words!

If his skills include throwing himself on the deck every 5 mins and trying to get other players sent off then id rather not see him in a Hibs jeresey. Yes he made Lewis look uncomfortable by having to reign in his tackles of the wee prat or he'd have been sent off!!

Yes he has skills, but at each of his last clubs he has been unable to show consistent use of them and has even had to try and perfect his diving skills in the River Clyde!

So im sorry but he is not for Hibs IMO!!!

Didn't he end up in the Kelvin - some dive and a half that.

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2017, 01:22 PM

No it isn't, Boyle put him in a terrible position with a hospital ball, Stevenson had to bring GMS down or he would have been away.

Danderhall Hibs
15-10-2017, 02:33 PM
No it isn't, Boyle put him in a terrible position with a hospital ball, Stevenson had to bring GMS down or he would have been away.

No denying the pass was short but come on! Boyle will be wishing that Whittaker had been playing LB so he could've avoided taking the flak.

Firestarter
15-10-2017, 03:08 PM
No denying the pass was short but come on! Boyle will be wishing that Whittaker had been playing LB so he could've avoided taking the flak.

Was thinking the same. Next time god will be getting blamed for the weather conditions.

emerald green
15-10-2017, 06:04 PM
GMS is an erse. Don't need/want him at ER.

Hi Heid Yin
15-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Any of their starting 11 would improve our squad. Best Sheep team since their halcyon days.

I think you might be caught up in the local hype and allowing it to cloud your judgment.
Man for man, there is little to separate their first team from ours.
I'm sure there are many sheep who would gladly swap some of their regular first teamers for ours.
The thing that separates us at present is shape and tactics - something that Neil Lennon will put right.

Frazerbob
15-10-2017, 06:24 PM
I think you might be caught up in the local hype and allowing it to cloud your judgment.
Man for man, there is little to separate their first team from ours.
I'm sure there are many sheep who would gladly swap some of their regular first teamers for ours.
The thing that separates us at present is shape and tactics - something that Neil Lennon will put right.

I said any of their starting 11 would improve our SQUAD. If you don't think that's the case, you are in cloud coockoo land. I would take any of them if they were an option. For what it's worth, I think there's isn't much between the two starting 11's yesterday, man for man but as a team, they have the slight edge. If you watch Lenny's post match interview, he agrees. I stand by my assesment that this is the best Aberdeen team since 80's or early 90's.

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Of course he'd good enough to get in our team. Come on.

ancient hibee
15-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Quite right.I said to my son that Boyle should take the card-it was his fault.

Hi Heid Yin
15-10-2017, 07:54 PM
I said any of their starting 11 would improve our SQUAD. If you don't think that's the case, you are in cloud coockoo land. I would take any of them if they were an option. For what it's worth, I think there's isn't much between the two starting 11's yesterday, man for man but as a team, they have the slight edge. If you watch Lenny's post match interview, he agrees. I stand by my assesment that this is the best Aberdeen team since 80's or early 90's.

I understood what you said, and, equally, any of our first 11 would improve their squad.
I agree that they have an edge as a team, but only tactically, and, of course, it's hard to argue that this is not the best Aberdeen team since the 80's.

Frazerbob
15-10-2017, 08:05 PM
I understood what you said, and, equally, any of our first 11 would improve their squad.
I agree that they have an edge as a team, but only tactically, and, of course, it's hard to argue that this is not the best Aberdeen team since the 80's.

So you agree with then. Good man 😉

Smartie
15-10-2017, 08:25 PM
That was the very definition of a hospital pass.

Horrible pass, Stevenson could do nothing other than get booked, which is far from ideal against such a tricky, niggly opponent.

Albanian Hibs
15-10-2017, 10:56 PM
I think he is *****. Hate the wee dirty *******.

anon1875
16-10-2017, 06:53 AM
GMS was a Hibs fan as a boy

WeeRussell
16-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Quality player that would improve our squad and first 11.

The_Horde
16-10-2017, 04:53 PM

Don't actually think he touched GMS either. He was already off the ground 'in anticipation'

GMS is a quality player, better than any attacking option we have and it's obvious his time at Celtic has improved his movement, mentality and game awareness as well.

calumhibee1
16-10-2017, 08:09 PM

Pretty much agree with this. I'd take Lewis, Logan, Arnason, Shinnie, McLean, Christie, GMS, Rooney and although he didn't look that exciting on Saturday, Stevie May. And I'd probably put all of them into our starting 11 with the exception of Arnason and possibly one of the forwards although even then I reckon they'd both start for us. Aberdeen are a very good side at our level with an absolute shed load of experience and ability. I'd probably go as far to say they're not a kick in the arse off some of the poorer OF teams of recent years.

erin go bragh
16-10-2017, 08:22 PM

good enough for Aberdeen

Thought he looked unfit and tbh he scalfed his shot for the goal . Opinions eh :)

SideBurns
16-10-2017, 08:30 PM

I actually thought Lewis had a great game after he was booked (as others have pointed out, Boyler was to blame for his yellow) and the pass for the goal was a full back's nightmare. Lewis timed most of his tackles to perfection and the one that saw GMS hobble off was a beauty.

ancient hibee
16-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Don't actually think he touched GMS either. He was already off the ground 'in anticipation'

GMS is a quality player, better than any attacking option we have and it's obvious his time at Celtic has improved his movement, mentality and game awareness as well.
He is on the other hand extremely inconsistent,has not I think played regularly and was that his first goal?

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 09:34 PM
He is on the other hand extremely inconsistent,has not I think played regularly and was that his first goal?

Our whole team are extremely inconsistent.

houstonhibbee
16-10-2017, 10:17 PM
GMS was a Hibs fan as a boy

Where's he from?

-Jonesy-
16-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Where's he from?

My missus used to work with his sister, in fairly sure they're from somewhere in the north east

The_Horde
16-10-2017, 11:30 PM

To be fair to the lad he's been doubling up football and swimming at the same time. Can't be easy.

KWJ
17-10-2017, 12:07 AM
I actually thought Lewis had a great game after he was booked (as others have pointed out, Boyler was to blame for his yellow) and the pass for the goal was a full back's nightmare. Lewis timed most of his tackles to perfection and the one that saw GMS hobble off was a beauty.

With you 100%. He was taken out of the game foe the goal but that was down to quality of pass. McLean should'nt have had the space.

WeeRussell
17-10-2017, 10:41 AM
My missus used to work with his sister, in fairly sure they're from somewhere in the north east

I thought Perth but could be talking absolute nonsense...

Firestarter
17-10-2017, 11:48 AM
I thought Perth but could be talking absolute nonsense...

Thurso I think.