PDA

View Full Version : Matulevicius

Diclonius
14-10-2017, 11:54 PM
What was up with him today? Injured?

And why aren't we seeing much of him in general? He's barely had any time at all - Lennon only puts him on extremely late of at all and then only as a last result. Stokes/Murray aren't exactly firing on all cylinders which makes it even more perplexing.

houstonhibbee
14-10-2017, 11:58 PM

And why aren't we seeing much of him in general? He's barely had any time at all - Lennon only puts him on extremely late of at all and then only as a last result. Stokes/Murray aren't exactly firing on all cylinders which makes it even more perplexing.
he wouldn't be a sub if he was injured

matty_f
15-10-2017, 12:13 AM
I'm sure Lennon mentioned that we'd see more of him as the pitches started to get worse and we'd be able to play less football.

houstonhibbee
15-10-2017, 12:22 AM
I'm sure Lennon mentioned that we'd see more of him as the pitches started to get worse and we'd be able to play less football.
so' he'll be playing at tynecastle then :greengrin

overdrive
15-10-2017, 04:54 AM
he wouldn't be a sub if he was injured

He wasn’t a sub.

offshorehibby
15-10-2017, 06:14 AM
I've always had the feeling he was brought on board to tempt Slikva to sign. Giving him a fellow country man to talk to.

greenlex
15-10-2017, 07:23 AM
I've always had the feeling he was brought on board to tempt Slikva to sign. Giving him a fellow country man to talk to.
Me too. I don’t think he’s a particularly good player although I accept his opportunities have been limited and that could be a harsh assessment. I’m not convinced.

Hibee Mac
15-10-2017, 09:57 AM
He's not had much of a chance yet, but on paper I think his style of play is exactly what we need to add to the team up front.

However in the short glimpses we have seen of him he hasn't really impressed.

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2017, 10:01 AM
He's not had much of a chance yet, but on paper I think his style of play is exactly what we need to add to the team up front.

However in the short glimpses we have seen of him he hasn't really impressed.

Yeah agreed hasn't really shown even glimpses of anything decent yet. Still time but not that convinced by him.

mentalhibee
15-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Hasn't been given a chance so it's hard to judge him. Done well setting up the consolation goal against Hamilton.

Hi Heid Yin
15-10-2017, 06:04 PM
If he was creating an impact in training then I'm sure Neil Lennon would be using him more.
I personally think he is struggling to come to terms with the Scottish game.
I also suspect he will be one of those players we will look back on as " that Eastern European guy, whose name escapes me, who left without really doing anything"
I'd love to be proved wrong.

RedHibby
15-10-2017, 07:14 PM
If I remember correctly did Lennon not say Hibs had been looking at him for quite a while yet he gets very little game time, strange.

Cameron1875
15-10-2017, 07:37 PM

This.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 07:40 PM
If I remember correctly did Lennon not say Hibs had been looking at him for quite a while yet he gets very little game time, strange.

He did say that

greenlex
15-10-2017, 07:43 PM

Was it not Slivka he said that about? Our first choices were Holt and then Lafferty no?

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Was it not Slivka he said that about? Our first choices were Holt and then Lafferty no?

Holt?
Do you mean Moult?

greenlex
15-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Holt?
Do you mean Moult?

No we offered Holt a deal but he declined.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Did we pay money for big Dave, or was he out of contract?

greenlex
15-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Did we pay money for big Dave, or was he out of contract?

Not sure Billy.

Lancs Harp
15-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Talking of Grant Holt he had to sit yestersdays match out for Kings Lynn as he had a suspension still to serve from us last season!!

Deansy
15-10-2017, 08:45 PM

Who knows how Murray's playing as he's not getting much game-time either ??. I've a feeling he'll come good after a lengthy run !!

Captain Trips
15-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Id like to see him starting a few games, once that happens I will be better to judge.