PDA

View Full Version : Question What happened before kick off?

iwasthere1972
14-10-2017, 09:13 PM
While standing in the queue for my semi final ticket the police arrived in numbers and were questioning one guy by the ticket office (he had been shouting his mouth off to a couple of guys who I thought were possibly fellow Aberdeen supporters) while standing by the West Stand gates. They also questioned a couple of Hibs fans, one of who was a woman who appeared to be pointing at the guy in question and by her manner was not happy. There were other Hibs fans passing who were also pointing at the guy and they too weren't too chuffed.

I don't know if the guy was taken away by the police or not as I got my semi final ticket and had to hurry to make the kick off.

Cheers. Just curious.

LaMotta
14-10-2017, 09:21 PM
While standing in the queue for my semi final ticket the police arrived in numbers and were questioning one guy by the ticket office (he had been shouting his mouth off to a couple of guys who I thought were possibly fellow Aberdeen supporters) while standing by the West Stand gates. They also questioned a couple of Hibs fans, one of who was a woman who appeared to be pointing at the guy in question and by her manner was not happy. There were other Hibs fans passing who were also pointing at the guy and they too weren't too chuffed.

I don't know if the guy was taken away by the police or not as I got my semi final ticket and had to hurry to make the kick off.

Cheers. Just curious.

Seen a bit of it....think all Aberdeen fans, looked rough and blootered. He was threatening to kill the other guy and his whole family.

iwasthere1972
14-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Seen a bit of it....think all Aberdeen fans, looked rough and blootered. He was threatening to kill the other guy and his whole family.

He was shouting his mouth off by the West Stand gates and looked off his head. The police arriving appeared to make him sober up a bit.

GreenCastle
14-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Amazed walking to game no police around the junction where fans paths can cross - though maybe was a tactic they use to actually keep things calm.

Evening news reporting a hit and run before the game - im amazed the traffic is still driving about on the streets before with such large crowds. Said this at start of the season also - accident waiting to happen next to stadium and kids etc.

Callum7
14-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Amazed walking to game no police around the junction where fans paths can cross - though maybe was a tactic they use to actually keep things calm.

Evening news reporting a hit and run before the game - im amazed the traffic is still driving about on the streets before with such large crowds. Said this at start of the season also - accident waiting to happen next to stadium and kids etc.

Yes, I saw the hit and run. Somone sped up and drove straight into a pack of Aberdeen supporters they then they ran after the car don’t know what happened after that.

O'Rourke3
14-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Yes, I saw the hit and run. Somone sped up and drove straight into a pack of Aberdeen supporters they then they ran after the car don’t know what happened after that.

Wasn't just Dons fans. I was in it. White car had hazards on. Petty sure but not certain there were small children in the back. Car certainly sped up through a big crowd but might be explained by panicked parent with people slapping his car. Big Dons group in front. There was only one guy chasing the car but he was rightly well peed off.

Dobosz83
14-10-2017, 10:15 PM
My wife was the angry woman.

The Aberdeen fan in question was hammered outside the Omni Centre at 12:15 when we were coming down from Waverely. He came towards me aggressively and spotted my 9 year old daughter holding my hand and pulled out at the last second.

My wife with my 5 year old daughter were behind and when she asked him to behave and watch his language, she got told to "f*** off" because he was 'the famous Aberdeen'.

Having reached Easter Road on our way to the old Royal Nip, a taxi pulled up beside us with dogs abuse being aimed at my wife and kids. It was the same moron from outside the omni.

Coincidently as we came round from the Nip at 2:30, the same guy was being questioned by police. Apparently he had 'stuck the heid' on someone outside the ground.

My wife and I had a chuckle at his predicament as he was all of sudden sheepish (pardon the pun) and gave statement to the police about his antics.

Why? Because my daughters didn't want to go to the game after the omni and Easter road incidents. Why should they be intimidated by a complete moron?

I'll be up at Aberdeen for the away game without my kids and would love to bump into the idiot.

Dobosz83
14-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Don't know a thing about the hit and run incident. Simply replying to the original poster who asked what happened outside the west.

matty_f
14-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Wasn't just Dons fans. I was in it. White car had hazards on. Petty sure but not certain there were small children in the back. Car certainly sped up through a big crowd but might be explained by panicked parent with people slapping his car. Big Dons group in front. There was only one guy chasing the car but he was rightly well peed off.
There was a white car driving recklessly imho past the famous five before kick off, after the road there had been closed. Probably the same one and I'm not at all surprised if they had hit someone.

hibby6270
14-10-2017, 10:25 PM

Was it a white car? He passed me and the missus at a fair lick half way along Albion Road heading toward Easter Road and I thought at the time, they’re going to hurt someone. Didn’t see any hit and run.

As for the nutcase Dons fan, looked as though he had got separated from the rest of his mates but didn’t stop him from making out he was “a hard man”. Couple of Hibbies asked him to calm down and suddenly he was “going to murder everybody’s families”. His mates caught up with him at the gates next to the ticket office. He barged through SF collection queue pleading the world was against him and all Dons fans and couldn’t understand why. You were pi$hed/drugged up pal and making a right tit of yourself. Despite his mates remonstrations to calm down, he was having none of it though and continued to eff and jeff. I just carried on to the West Upper entrance. At that point some others had spoken to the polis. Didn’t wait around to see what transpired. Wasnae worth it.

stoneyburn hibs
14-10-2017, 10:25 PM
That's terrible mate, well done for showing restraint. Hopefully your wife and kids are not put off going to the football.

Dobosz83
14-10-2017, 10:34 PM
That's terrible mate, well done for showing restraint. Hopefully your wife and kids are not put off going to the football.

I played it down to the kids. I actually have a few Dons mates, this nutter wasn't a fan. He was a green street hard man.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Surprised both sets of supporters let out together at the end with no sign of the barrier being deployed, must be a long time since this has been the case for a sheep game. Policing seemed very light, don't remember seeing any on way to game and after only the odd one or two on Easter Road, didn't see any trouble as such just Aberdeen fans being dickheads banging on bus Windows, but potential was there for it to kick-off.

stoneyburn hibs
14-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Surprised both sets of supporters let out together at the end with no sign of the barrier being deployed, must be a long time since this has been the case for a sheep game. Policing seemed very light, don't remember seeing any on way to game and after only the odd one or two on Easter Road, didn't see any trouble as such just Aberdeen fans being dickheads banging on bus Windows, but potential was there for it to kick-off.

There was a barrier to stop us going across the bridge. Nonsensical as the bridge is such a bottleneck by the time we got up Easter Road the majority of Aberdeen fans were there beside us.

SON OF PADDY
15-10-2017, 05:04 PM
There was a barrier to stop us going across the bridge. Nonsensical as the bridge is such a bottleneck by the time we got up Easter Road the majority of Aberdeen fans were there beside us.

Police locked in the Hibs fan's leaving the West Stand, why they didn't just keep back the Aberdeen fan's is anyone's guess?
We stood for ages being verbally abused by them as the police and stewards watched on, no attempt to keep them moving along.

I sincerely hope that isn't the case when we play the Heart's.

CMurdoch
15-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Police locked in the Hibs fan's leaving the West Stand, why they didn't just keep back the Aberdeen fan's is anyone's guess?
We stood for ages being verbally abused by them as the police and stewards watched on, no attempt to keep them moving along.

Ya poor wee soul :wink:
Hope they didnae cup their ears.

BSEJVT
15-10-2017, 05:23 PM
There was a white car driving recklessly imho past the famous five before kick off, after the road there had been closed. Probably the same one and I'm not at all surprised if they had hit someone.

That guy was an absolute bampot

He must have been off his face to be driving like that in such densely packed crowds

It's no surprise at all to me that he ended up hitting someone

I hope they throw the book at him as he could very easily have killed someone

JimBHibees
15-10-2017, 05:57 PM

The Aberdeen fan in question was hammered outside the Omni Centre at 12:15 when we were coming down from Waverely. He came towards me aggressively and spotted my 9 year old daughter holding my hand and pulled out at the last second.

My wife with my 5 year old daughter were behind and when she asked him to behave and watch his language, she got told to "f*** off" because he was 'the famous Aberdeen'.

Having reached Easter Road on our way to the old Royal Nip, a taxi pulled up beside us with dogs abuse being aimed at my wife and kids. It was the same moron from outside the omni.

Coincidently as we came round from the Nip at 2:30, the same guy was being questioned by police. Apparently he had 'stuck the heid' on someone outside the ground.

My wife and I had a chuckle at his predicament as he was all of sudden sheepish (pardon the pun) and gave statement to the police about his antics.

Why? Because my daughters didn't want to go to the game after the omni and Easter road incidents. Why should they be intimidated by a complete moron?

I'll be up at Aberdeen for the away game without my kids and would love to bump into the idiot.

Jeezo incredible. Nightmare thing to happen. Hopefully your kids aren't put off too much.

CropleyWasGod
15-10-2017, 06:00 PM
That guy was an absolute bampot

He must have been off his face to be driving like that in such densely packed crowds

It's no surprise at all to me that he ended up hitting someone

I hope they throw the book at him as he could very easily have killed someonePolice aren't investigating, according to this.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/football-fan-involved-in-hit-and-run-near-easter-road-1-4587028

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
15-10-2017, 06:19 PM

Albion road was fully open after the game, only the route to the wee bridge or round towards Meadowbank was closed.

SON OF PADDY
15-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Albion road was fully open after the game, only the route to the wee bridge or round towards Meadowbank was closed.

Your right! We where heading towards the retail park, we where kept back for about 10 to 15 minutes.

matty_f
15-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Police aren't investigating, according to this.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/football-fan-involved-in-hit-and-run-near-easter-road-1-4587028

The witness in that article makes a good point that didn't even cross my mind at the time, about recent world events relating to cars hitting pedestrians in crowds.

Lancs Harp
15-10-2017, 08:19 PM

Dont let knobs like this win matey. I hope your kids are ok but most football fans arent like this, you get idiots in all walks of life, sadly a lot attach themselves to the beloved game but following your club is akin to a way of life dont let anyone spoil that.

:flag:

Pretty Boy
15-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Police aren't investigating, according to this.

Too busy watching video clips from over a year ago and 'protecting' bakers and chippies probably.

Keith_M
15-10-2017, 09:44 PM
There were two 'well known faces' standing outside the ticket office after the match, talking to a 40 something woman, and seemed to be waiting for somebody/something.

Surely they didn't think the guy was going to make a re-appearance...

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2017, 10:15 PM
There were two 'well known faces' standing outside the ticket office after the match, talking to a 40 something woman, and seemed to be waiting for somebody/something.

Surely they didn't think the guy was going to make a re-appearance...

'Well known faces' were they ex players? ;-)

Hibee Mac
15-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Wonder if it had anything to do with the same bampot that got physical with me as I was walking down Easter road.

My old man and I unfortunately found ourselves in the middle of a pack of 20 or so wee ****bags and as I'm walking past one of them sticks his head right in my face and shoves me away then proceeded to stand in between my old man and me, all while singing about the mighty Aberdeen.

I was surprised to see absolutely zero police presence before the game.

dangermouse
16-10-2017, 09:16 AM

I'm in the West Lower and we weren't locked in.

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Not in the stand itself !
Police locked the gate's so that we couldn't get on to Albion Road,to let the Aberdeen Support away first.

Held back 10-15 minutes after final whistle.

Keith_M
16-10-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm in the West Lower and we weren't locked in.

Yeah, my Dad was in there as well and left via the gate at the ticket office. They just seemed to close the gate at the south end, nearest the Aberdeen Fans.

There was a big group of Aberdeen Fans being quite abusive and looking for a rammy on Easter Road after the game but nobody was taking them too seriously, fortunately. The over exuberance of youth, I suppose.

Blaster
16-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Police locked the gate's so that we couldn't get on to Albion Road,to let the Aberdeen Support away first.

You could have went to the other end of the west stand. That was open

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Wonder if it had anything to do with the same bampot that got physical with me as I was walking down Easter road.

My old man and I unfortunately found ourselves in the middle of a pack of 20 or so wee ****bags and as I'm walking past one of them sticks his head right in my face and shoves me away then proceeded to stand in between my old man and me, all while singing about the mighty Aberdeen.

I was surprised to see absolutely zero police presence before the game.

Well, there was enough of them around that they could spare 5 officers to roust that hotbed of football hooliganism Tamsons bar at about 2pm and chib the barman for letting folk take their drinks outside when they went for a fag.

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 09:41 AM
You could have went to the other end of the west stand. That was open

Why ? I'm heading to the car park at the retail park !
We wouldn't have got access through the Aberdeen support.
It was blocked at Albion Terrace so they could get over the bridge to Bothwell street.

Blaster
16-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Why ? I'm heading to the car park at the retail park !
We wouldn't have got access through the Aberdeen support.
It was blocked at Albion Terrace so they could get over the bridge to Bothwell street.

Was only trying to save you 15 mins next time pal but wish I hadn't bothered now

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Was only trying to save you 15 mins next time pal but wish I hadn't bothered now

Apologies Blaster I wasn't trying to be smart !
My point is "it's the away support that should be kept back" not the home support.😉

Blaster
16-10-2017, 10:01 AM
My point is "it's the away support that should be kept back" not the home support.😉

👍

Keith_M
16-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Serves you right for abusing the parking facilities at the Retail Park

:wink:

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Serves you right for abusing the parking facilities at the Retail Park

:wink:

To be fair I did buy my regular case of beer.

Ringothedog
16-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Well, there was enough of them around that they could spare 5 officers to roust that hotbed of football hooliganism Tamsons bar at about 2pm and chib the barman for letting folk take their drinks outside when they went for a fag.

Exactly the same at the Iona Bar, funnily enough when we went past the "Four" the same hadn't happened there :wink:

silverhibee
16-10-2017, 03:40 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1707078/jane-park-praise-hibs-fan-spitting-aberdeen/#comments

Tornadoes70
16-10-2017, 03:49 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1707078/jane-park-praise-hibs-fan-spitting-aberdeen/#comments

Loud mouth Dons fans who were very probably hurling abusive and insulting comments towards the young woman. Who knows what they were saying to her to make her react in that way. Some of them are real **** who think nothing of hurling vile abuse at female fans of other clubs.

GGTTH

green day
16-10-2017, 04:18 PM

I dont condone gobbing, but.......

We dont know what was said to her - could be yet another example of people (sheep fans) abusing others (hibbys leaving the match), then greeting to the press when the abused people decide enough is enough and do something - admittedly something horrible.

The aberdeen fans were a right bunch of ****ers on saturday - I walked to the match from sainsburys meadowbank myself as my dad is ill.

As I approached the west, I had to walk through a fair few of them, singing etc, not an issue.

What I do object to is pricks coming up to my face and giving it the "come on then". I am a 49 year old man and past that crap.

Hibee Mac
16-10-2017, 04:44 PM

We dont know what was said to her - could be yet another example of people (sheep fans) abusing others (hibbys leaving the match), then greeting to the press when the abused people decide enough is enough and do something - admittedly something horrible.

The aberdeen fans were a right bunch of ****ers on saturday - I walked to the match from sainsburys meadowbank myself as my dad is ill.

As I approached the west, I had to walk through a fair few of them, singing etc, not an issue.

What I do object to is pricks coming up to my face and giving it the "come on then". I am a 49 year old man and past that crap.

Agreed there brought down an awful lot of aggressive loud mouthed morons on Saturday.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Loud mouth Dons fans who were very probably hurling abusive and insulting comments towards the young woman. Who knows what they were saying to her to make her react in that way. Some of them are real **** who think nothing of hurling vile abuse at female fans of other clubs.

GGTTH

Bunch of men squaring up to a young woman on her own, I know where my sympathy is.

Earlydelivery
16-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Seen 1 walking along Albion rd about 2-40 blood pouring from his nose .

we are hibs
16-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Aberdeen fans acting like ****bags shocker. They've always been ****.

CMurdoch
16-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Bunch of men squaring up to a young woman on her own, I know where my sympathy is.

The men (I use that term loosely) were behind a fence so it was the classy woman (I use that term very very loosely) that squared up to them.
Yuck.

frazeHFC
16-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Always remember the story of 20 or so Aberdeen fans coming up to me and my dad when I was 7 and chanting "kick the Hibees in the head" at us as we made our way to Hampden. Never liked them, horrible support.

nickwhibs
16-10-2017, 05:04 PM

Yet another disgusting, hate-stirring article from that rag.

CMurdoch
16-10-2017, 05:06 PM

I am 57 but would have to have had to have takin' the pish out of a dick wad giving me the "come on then"
You probably did the most sensible thing though.
I hate dick wads including Hibs ones.

IGRIGI
16-10-2017, 05:08 PM
They can't handle getting let out of Aberdeen for the day,a trip to a big city with more than one main street and they go flip.

Earlydelivery
16-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Seen 1 walking along Albion rd about 2-40 blood pouring from his nose .

neil7908
16-10-2017, 05:54 PM

I know it's The Sun so I shouldn't have any expectations but jesus that article was just he said, she said, Twitter comments and random TOWIE reference.

This country is honestly doomed.

greenlex
16-10-2017, 06:18 PM
I am 57 but would have to have had to have takin' the pish out of a dick wad giving me the "come on then"
You probably did the most sensible thing though.
I hate dick wads including Hibs ones.

I’m mid 50s and it took all my restrain from smashing one ******** on Easter Road post game.

matty_f
16-10-2017, 09:49 PM
I know it's The Sun so I shouldn't have any expectations but jesus that article was just he said, she said, Twitter comments and random TOWIE reference.

This country is honestly doomed.

It's brutal that it even passes for news.

CMurdoch
17-10-2017, 12:27 AM
I’m mid 50s and it took all my restrain from smashing one ******** on Easter Road post game.

Hibs or Aberdeen ********? :wink:

Wigson13
17-10-2017, 03:25 AM

Why do they not hold back the away fans? In every other ground it seems to be the home fans that are let away first!

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2017, 06:10 AM

Those gates are kept locked at the end of every game against Aberdeen,Hearts,Rangers, Celtic and have been for years. Surely you weren't surprised?

SON OF PADDY
17-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Those gates are kept locked at the end of every game against Aberdeen,Hearts,Rangers, Celtic and have been for years. Surely you weren't surprised?

Tbh I've only started leaving by this gate recently !
So yes I was surprised to find them locked 🤔
The simple fact is the home fan's should be let away first,It's not rocket science.

Geo_1875
17-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Why do they not hold back the away fans? In every other ground it seems to be the home fans that are let away first!

There is a reason for that. Celtc and The Rangers fans have to catch the ferry back to Ireland and hertz fans must catch the first house at the bowling club. The police are wary of Hibs fans getting out early and arranging ambushes along London Road and Leith Walk.

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Tbh I've only started leaving by this gate recently !
So yes I was surprised to find them locked 🤔
The simple fact is the home fan's should be let away first,It's not rocket science.

To be fair it's one gate, Hibs fans can still leave every part of the actual stadium at the final whistle it's just the surrounding streets that are controlled. I changed my parking habits years ago when I first found that gate locked, I park at Lochend so never affected by gates or barriers. At least you now know and will maybe park differently for those fixtures affected.

-Jonesy-
17-10-2017, 09:31 AM
There is a reason for that. Celtc and The Rangers fans have to catch the ferry back to Ireland and hertz fans must catch the first house at the bowling club. The police are wary of Hibs fans getting out early and arranging ambushes along London Road and Leith Walk.
And a vast human swathe of hideous earcupping

Keith_M
17-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Agreed there brought down an awful lot of aggressive loud mouthed morons on Saturday.

:agree:

Mentioned this earlier in the thread but there were an awful lot of them acting like real pr1cks after the game in Easter Road. There were really agressive and basically hoping a fight was going to start.

FWIW, I thought the Hibs Fans, who vastly outnumbered them at the time, showed incredible restraint.