PDA

View Full Version : Formal Complaint - Steven McLean

hibsfan
14-10-2017, 08:50 PM
How would one best go about making a formal complaint about today’s referee? His performance was a blatant example of cheating. I know the SFA are unlikely to do much as they are just as corrupt but it is time the standard of refereeing was brought to justice and investigated at the highest level.

The Modfather
14-10-2017, 08:52 PM
How would one best go about making a formal complaint about today’s referee? His performance was a blatant example of cheating. I know the SFA are unlikely to do much as they are just as corrupt but it is time the standard of refereeing was brought to justice and investigated at the highest level.

😂

houstonhibbee
14-10-2017, 08:52 PM
very poor but cheating?

14-10-2017, 08:53 PM
His refereeing was pish today but this is off the scale mental stuff.

matty_f
14-10-2017, 08:53 PM
He wasn't cheating today, he just had a bad game.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Referee was abysmal, but not cheating - have a word with yourself.

Carheenlea
14-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Your complaint will be laughed out the office. Yes, he made some contentious decisions, but cheating?? Come on...

iwasthere1972
14-10-2017, 09:00 PM

Dear Sirs

The ref today was crap.

Yours

hibsfan

Just copy and paste. Job done.

Bostonhibby
14-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Ask to make an appointment to meet with them to discuss it, come the big day stick two pencils up your nose and say wibble.

That'll do it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Old firm level paranoia. Get a grip

SirDavidsNapper
14-10-2017, 09:05 PM
He was ok in the 2016 cup final 😉

hibsfan
Sad thing is that I am right!

Sir David Gray
It wasn't cheating it was just sheer incompetence. He had an atrocious game but I don't believe he was cheating.

He should be punished for his performance today but not for any reason other than he had a nightmare of a match.

Galahibby
14-10-2017, 09:06 PM
He had a ***** game, for sure. I've never seen him make so many poor decisions in a game (mostly against us, but not exclusively) but I'm not sure he was cheating. I think on a few occasions his linesmen could've helped him out but didn't. What actually is the point of linesmen these days? Half the time they only shove their flag up after they've waited to see what the ref's going to do first.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

brianmc
Shhhhhhhh. Don't tell the SFA he's a cheat - they might retrospectively take THAT Scottish Cup Final win off us (you know, the game he refereed).

Hibernia&Alba

Come on mate, a formal complaint? Proving he cheated is a tad unrealistic. Incompetence and corruption are very different things.

Firestarter
14-10-2017, 09:08 PM
He was ok in the 2016 cup final 😉

Yep. Free pass forever.

He was poor today, it's allowed.

cleanyman
14-10-2017, 09:08 PM
He's a good referee.

We all have bad/indifferent games and today was one of those days.

monarch
14-10-2017, 09:12 PM

You a member of Club 1872 by any chance ? :rolleyes:

OK ref was poor but get over it.

SirDavidsNapper
14-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Yep. Free pass forever.

He was poor today, it's allowed.

Yup. We all have nightmares at work. He's a decent ref. We lost. Let's move on.

kaimendhibs
14-10-2017, 09:18 PM
He was abysmal today tho. ****** awful

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Roxyhibee
14-10-2017, 09:21 PM
His inconsistency today really was breathtaking. But he's one of the better ones around and I'd still rather have him in a big game like a derby than some of the other buffoons.

007 Mickey Weir
14-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Sorry I must have missed something. Sat in the south today and he should have booked Logan for up ending Boyle. But what else did he do against us? He tried to let the game run on at times which I liked. Bringing it back if attacking team didn’t gain an advantage. He got a corner decision wrong in first half. Then apologised and overturned his decision. I thought this was very good and rare in a ref.

kaimendhibs
14-10-2017, 09:23 PM
The OP has a point, what if todays performance had been by Craig Thomson?

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-10-2017, 09:24 PM
I don't think he's a cheat but understand the OP's frustration.

I thought McLean was one of our better refs but today proved to me he's as bad as the rest and was totally incompetent.

kaimendhibs
14-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Sorry I must have missed something. Sat in the south today and he should have booked Logan for up ending Boyle. But what else did he do against us? He tried to let the game run on at times which I liked. Bringing it back if attacking team didn’t gain an advantage. He got a corner decision wrong in first half. Then apologised and overturned his decision. I thought this was very good and rare in a ref.He booked SJM for nothing. Allowed loads of fouls to go unpunished and should have sent off May, for starters.

J-C
14-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Not cheating but just another example of the very sub standard refereeing in this country, no consistency, Hibs player gets booked for a professional foul, the Aberdeen player doesn't, McGinn gets booked for his first foul challenge?? and May should've seen a straight red for that late challenge.

Tornadoes70
14-10-2017, 09:32 PM

Level 5?

Tread very carefully, you might come to the attention of the mighty James (Lord of Darkness) Traynor.

Some in the media call him the Bogeyman.

Wooohhhhh

:greengrin

houstonhibbee
He booked SJM for nothing. Allowed loads of fouls to go unpunished and should have sent off May, for starters.

think SJM was booked for something said

007 Mickey Weir
SJM was a booking. Harsh but a booking. He went in late and hard. Always gonna get booked for that. Logan did the same on Boyle and should have been booked. But I think he tried to let things flow and not stop the game. Aberdeen are a strong well organised team that played out the game very well and knew how to frustrate us.

The Modfather
14-10-2017, 09:33 PM
The OP has a point, what if todays performance had been by Craig Thomson?

Are we now adding Steven McLean to the illuminati conspiracy led by Craig Thomson?

Didn't think he was all that bad today.

greenlex
14-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Sorry I must have missed something. Sat in the south today and he should have booked Logan for up ending Boyle. But what else did he do against us? He tried to let the game run on at times which I liked. Bringing it back if attacking team didn’t gain an advantage. He got a corner decision wrong in first half. Then apologised and overturned his decision. I thought this was very good and rare in a ref. He only booked May when red was the correct decision. Booked McGinn when he tackled and won the ball then several times in the game when others tackled in the same manner( often nit even winning he ball) ignored it. Several challenges deemed acceptable. The challenge on McGeouch just before he booked McGinn was basically assault. McClean had a poor game today.

Smartie
14-10-2017, 09:39 PM
When I saw GMS celebrate his goal by cupping his ears, I had a horrible feeling the aftermath of this game might descend into a farcical combination of complaints to the SFA, statements released and petitions started.

matty_f
14-10-2017, 09:44 PM
He only booked May when red was the correct decision. Booked McGinn when he tackled and won the ball then several times in the game when others tackled in the same manner( often nit even winning he ball) ignored it. Several challenges deemed acceptable. The challenge on McGeouch just before he booked McGinn was basically assault. McClean had a poor game today.
:agree:

LaMotta
14-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Mclean is normally good, but he was totally bizaare today.

Far too lenient, Riverdance, Logan and Christie should have been booked, particularly Christie who just went about kicking folk and Mays tackle was the most blatant red card you will see see.

Number of Jersey pulls ignored as well, Shinnie could have been off.....

as for all the shouts for Mclean Shinnie and Christie to be in the Scotland squad? Dont think any of them are of sufficient quality based on todays performance.

Ilovehibs
14-10-2017, 10:21 PM
When I saw GMS celebrate his goal by cupping his ears, I had a horrible feeling the aftermath of this game might descend into a farcical combination of complaints to the SFA, statements released and petitions started.

That little s***e should've been booked for his celebration. One of many calls Mclean got wrong today.
Crap refereeing performance.

matty_f
14-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Mclean is normally good, but he was totally bizaare today.

Far too lenient, Riverdance, Logan and Christie should have been booked, particularly Christie who just went about kicking folk and Mays tackle was the most blatant red card you will see see.

Number of Jersey pulls ignored as well, Shinnie could have been off.....

as for all the shouts for Mclean Shinnie and Christie to be in the Scotland squad? Dont think any of them are of sufficient quality based on todays performance.

Agree with that.

LeithMike
14-10-2017, 10:30 PM
McLean didn't get everything right today but none of his decisions were hugely significant and I can't think of any that affected the outcome of the match. Today was frustrating but I don't think the refereeing was a major factor.

stoneyburn hibs
14-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Take a lot more than today's performance for me to be upset at McLean.

Thecat23
14-10-2017, 10:33 PM
McLean didn't get everything right today but none of his decisions were hugely significant and I can't think of any that affected the outcome of the match. Today was frustrating but I don't think the refereeing was a major factor.

Straight red for Stevie May could have changed the game no??

matty_f
14-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Straight red for Stevie May could have changed the game no??

As would giving SJM a bit of protection. He seemed to be fair game to get a kick whenever he had the ball.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Sad thing is that I am right!

Sad thing is that you think you're right.

Thecat23
14-10-2017, 10:42 PM
As would giving SJM a bit of protection. He seemed to be fair game to get a kick whenever he had the ball.

Agree, he was booted up and down anytime he had the ball. Mclean for me is a top ref I’ve no idea what happened to him today though. Wasn’t cheating it was just a brutal display.

Thecat23
14-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Sad thing is that you think you're right.

This.

Pete
14-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Make an informal complaint first and see how it goes. :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
14-10-2017, 10:49 PM

I suggest you go and support Celtic. Or write statements for Club1872

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
14-10-2017, 11:15 PM

Oh aye, I see Buckfast has now reached Edinburgh ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
14-10-2017, 11:52 PM
The man practically GIVES us the Scottish Cup by completely breaking with Hampden protocol and refusing to sanction a dodgy hun penalty or soft Hibs sending off and this is the thanks he gets?

As far as Im concerned this chap is a bloody Hibernian legend who can do no wrong. If I came home and caught him banging the missus I’d tear the hussy from him and tell her to open the finest wine from my cellar while I set about the blighter myself while singing ‘Stokesy’s on fire...’

MWHIBBIES
14-10-2017, 11:53 PM
He wasn't cheating, he is just bad at his job.

Bottled the May red card, stopped Hibs players taking quick free kicks on multiple occasions by standing in front of them, done nothing about Joe Lewis time wasting.

Hard to be angry at the team when the referee is that brutal.

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2017, 12:01 AM
The ref had a poor game today, but to call it cheating is going way over the top, McLean is one of our better refs and that's the first time I can recall him reffing us where we didn't get at least fair deal out of him.

He did make a few strange decisions today, not least of which was to decide that a Dons player deliberately running full pelt into Dylan McGeouch and barging him over was a shoulder charge. He could have done more to protect John McGinn who was hacked down at least three times .. it began to look like a strategy by Aberdeen rather than just fouls in the normal course of the game.

As for the time wasting .... it got so bad he should just have booked somebody for taking the piss, but he just let them get on with it.

Hibbyradge
15-10-2017, 12:13 AM
The man practically GIVES us the Scottish Cup by completely breaking with Hampden protocol and refusing to sanction a dodgy hun penalty or soft Hibs sending off and this is the thanks he gets?

As far as Im concerned this chap is a bloody Hibernian legend who can do no wrong. If I came home and caught him banging the missus I’d tear the hussy from him and tell her to open the finest wine from my cellar while I set about the blighter myself while singing ‘Stokesy’s on fire...’

I love you 💚💚💚

CMurdoch
15-10-2017, 01:42 AM
Hibs inability to create a clear chance was much more frustrating and cost us more than anything the ref did.

Most ref decisions looked okay at the match today but would like to watch the incidents on TV before backing or slating the ref. The only two I thought he got wrong were not booking Logan for a professional foul on Boyle and McLean for a dive, both late on.

As for time wasting, par for the course for most teams including Hibs when a goal ahead with time running out. Part of game management.

eastcoasthibby
15-10-2017, 06:47 AM
I am confused with where total inconsistency , poor decision making, having a very poor /awful game, actually can be accepted as cheating ! If you look at the number of inconsistencies of booking Hibs players, good example McGinn for one challenge where he actually wins the ball(imo) but certainly not a booking ..Gms on Stevenson not only commits a nasty challenge.then reacts to Stevenson and also to ref speaking to him. Then look at Kenny McLean I reckon he committed 6-7 fouls most if them stopping McGinn or MCGeoch breaking away going forward with the ball ...no booking. Ryan Christie very similar to McLean but a couple of very blatant intent challenges that took our players out stopping our play, stood in front of free kicks even when told to move back,..no booking !I felt that both Christie and McLean took the piddle and got away with murder and impacted on the game a lot !! Shinnie booked in the first half had a couple if other nibbles and then into the second half when Boyle did go past him tried to take Boyle out didn't get him properly, which was when their centre half came over and did the job earning a yellow(which could in many other instances have been a straight red )...the Shinnie challenge forgotten about, more likely ignored as it would have seen him get a second yellow ...on that one when ref was booking the centre half ..I watched kenny mclean walk over to Shinnie laughing and having a chat, undoubtedly saying to him you got away with that ..! Next everytime Rooney went for a high ball you could see him looking to see where the centre half was and jumping into him to put him off, most of the time not even attempting to play the ball ..picked up only once ..
Adding to all of this the amount of blatant time-wasting, !!! if all of this relates to just a poor /awful game and not an influence on the game ..I don't see it that way ! Too many poor inconsistent decision lead quite rightly to asking questions about the performance. I totally accept refs get some things wrong but yesterday was one of those games where there was too many, For it not too be questioned as cheating !
So what he was ref in the cup final did he make any controversial decisions that day that assisted us ? other than he had a good consistent game ..which its fair to add was a massive match being screened to millions so he needed to be switched on and up to a good performance !
So lets not get hung up on him doing any favours in that game please !!
In my view yesterday some of his decisions were tantamount to cheating, because they could easily have impacted on the outcome of the match!!

telford hibbee
15-10-2017, 07:15 AM
He had a ***** game, for sure. I've never seen him make so many poor decisions in a game (mostly against us, but not exclusively) but I'm not sure he was cheating. I think on a few occasions his linesmen could've helped him out but didn't. What actually is the point of linesmen these days? Half the time they only shove their flag up after they've waited to see what the ref's going to do first.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I have been saying that for months now. You very rarely see the assistants influence any decisions including throwins

superfurryhibby
15-10-2017, 07:45 AM
OP is wrong and wasting their breath.

However, the ref got Mc Ginn's booking wrong and should have been firmer with the Sheep. Have to say that they targeted SJm, everytime he got past a man, they fouled him.

The McKay- Stevens (wtf) goal celebration was bizarre. The ear cupping was attention seeking from the swimming fool.

That Logan **** is a dirty *******, decent player, but constantly at it. Prick.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2017, 08:34 AM
I would suggest that the cheating ref stuff is better left to the Old Firm as it is woven into their fabric. Inconsistent no doubt. On another day perhaps inconsistency will benefit us. Did it impact on the result? No IMO.

SRHibs
15-10-2017, 08:39 AM

I take it you missed the 2 blatant free kicks for Aberdeen outside the box which weren’t given?

KDY Hibs
15-10-2017, 09:58 AM

Brilliant!

Keith_M
15-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Cheating is a conscious decision to favour one side over the other. There's no evidence that he did that.

What I would say was that he was very inconsistent in handing out the cards, with Aberdeen getting away with murder. There's no way they should have finished the game with 11 on the park.

I counted at least 4 times a Hibs player was put through with the ball for a decent chance, only to be brought down. The last one of those should have been a straight red, and their player was subbed immediately. What did we get? Sod all.

emerald green
15-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Many of his decisions, all afternoon, were so clearly incorrect and one sided it's difficult to put it all down to just sheer incompetence.

seanshow
15-10-2017, 12:39 PM
I know its a free speech policy, but i would bin this thread out of embarrassment.
It was a frustrating defeat no more imo.