PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray

RossScott1991
14-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Whats everyones thoughts on Simon's hibs career soo far and what are your hopes for him as season goes on? Beginning to find himself a lot more on the bench. Felt today he should have been introduced much sooner than he was. Hibs career started brightly, but seems to now be stop/start. However he has started past couple matches on bench without time to make a impact. Hoping he can grab a goal soon, get him going again. I'd like to see us go 2 up top at home.

Missed JC in a game like today of just sniffing out a chance.

murray26
14-10-2017, 07:49 PM
He’s a honest tryer who will give you everything.. good squad player.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Would have liked to have seen him earlier today alongside Stokes not instead of him.

O'Rourke3
14-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Would have liked to have seen him earlier today alongside Stokes not instead of him.

This

lord bunberry
14-10-2017, 07:56 PM
I really like him, he’s a player that never stops working. I doubt he’ll get 20 goals a season, but he is an important member of the squad. I also think he should’ve came on earlier today.

Hulk1875
14-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Had something on after the game waited till 80th min hoping to see Murray but had to leave and missed him as you said earlier should have been on earlier in the game but pace and something Diff up
Front

Golden Bear
14-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Feel sorry for the lad to be honest, if I was the Manager he would start evèry week.

Pretty Boy
14-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Thought he upset a tiring Aberdeen defence with his running today. I would have had him on far earlier.

We got 3 or 4 half chances when he came on as he hassled them at the back and both forced mistakes and dragged them about a bit as well.

pacorosssco
14-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Whats everyones thoughts on Simon's hibs career soo far and what are your hopes for him as season goes on? Beginning to find himself a lot more on the bench. Felt today he should have been introduced much sooner than he was. Hibs career started brightly, but seems to now be stop/start. However he has started past couple matches on bench without time to make a impact. Hoping he can grab a goal soon, get him going again. I'd like to see us go 2 up top at home.

Missed JC in a game like today of just sniffing out a chance.

Think signed as back up. Honest pro who gives all. Think out team to formation and will get good game time over season. Up to him get the goals. Happy to have him

DTS
14-10-2017, 11:36 PM
By no means a perfect striker but certainly a rough diamond. Should have been on after about an hour today. I’d personally have him playing most weeks with stokes either beside him or just off him

hibbycraig
15-10-2017, 11:11 AM
The signing of stokes killed his great start. Should be getting a lot more time than he currently is.

Stantons Angel
15-10-2017, 11:56 AM
i like him!

As others have said on here, he should have been on a good bit earlier than he was and playing along side Stokes.
Lennon keeps saying he has to learn but how will he learn when he is sitting on the bench?

He plays well with Stokes who keeps the ball well and watches where the laddie is and usually finds him well.

When he plays the defence is usually on its toes all the time because he runs and runs and takes up good positions for Stokes to find him!

Against that Aberdeen defence he would have worried them. Although some might say that he too would have been chopped in half by them.

Its showing more and more that other teams will always now be kicking lumps out of McGinn so its important that this young lad gets the game time to enable him to out think defences and use his pace and energy against them.

The only way to do this is to play him and let Stokes keep prompting him on!

Andy74
15-10-2017, 12:39 PM
The signing of stokes killed his great start. Should be getting a lot more time than he currently is.

Agree about that. We were getting a lot of joy getting wide at pace and crossing for Murray. We seem to have changed that approach and play through Stokes from deeper positions.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Agree about that. We were getting a lot of joy getting wide at pace and crossing for Murray. We seem to have changed that approach and play through Stokes from deeper positions.

Yip, and playing Stokes up front on his own doesnt really work as he as you say likes to drop deep. In games against every other team bar maybe Celtic, where we wont have as much of the ball than them but will against the others, i'd like to see us treat them with less respect and actually go for them with 2 up front.

Ardenttwo
15-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Feel sorry for the lad to be honest, if I was the Manager he would start evèry week.

He would have offered more than Stokes who run around like a headless chicken yesterday. Our forwards are just not scoring enough

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2017, 01:01 PM
He would have offered more than Stokes who run around like a headless chicken yesterday. Our forwards are just not scoring enough

Murray has 10 in 13
Stokes has 7 in 10

Yesterday was the first league game we haven't scored in. Our forwards are not the problem.

DTS
15-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Murray has 10 in 13
Stokes has 7 in 10

Yesterday was the first league game we haven't scored in. Our forwards are not the problem.

Yes they are. Our forwards haven’t contributed to a goal in 3 games, they stars are heavily bulked up by goals against lower league teams in the LC

B.H.F.C
15-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Murray has 10 in 13
Stokes has 7 in 10

6 league goals between them. Nowhere near good enough.

frazeHFC
15-10-2017, 01:07 PM
The service to the strikers yesterday was abysmal. So many misplaced passes and rubbish crosses. Would never have taken Stokes off for Murray when losing the game. Should have had them both on.

Baldy Foghorn
15-10-2017, 01:08 PM

Yip, after an hour I was dying for him to come on.....6 minutes to go was disappointing.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2017, 01:33 PM
6 league goals between them. Nowhere near good enough.Yeah, you're right. If only we had strikers like Stevie May and Adam Rooney (4 between them) or Griffiths and Dembele (Also 4 between them)

Difference is, these guys have wingers and midfielders who score when they aren't.

Hiber-nation
15-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Murray has 10 in 13
Stokes has 7 in 10

Well Lennon thinks they are.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Given the service yesterday most strikers would have struggled. Stokes was ridiculously isolated at times.

I was disappointed it took so long to get Murray on as I thought his running could have capitalised on a tiring back line.

Thecat23
15-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Murray has 10 in 13
Stokes has 7 in 10

Disagree, if we finished half the chances we have had we’d be second no bother. We don’t take our chances enough and Lennon himself has said it.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Disagree, if we finished half the chances we have had we’d be second no bother. We don’t take our chances enough and Lennon himself has said it.

Strikers won't take every chance they get.

Our issue for seasons now is that our midfield don't chip in with anywhere near enough goals. When was the last time we had a midfielder even get close to double figures? I didn't take Lennons criticism of our attacking players as a direct dig at our strikers. I think it was a wider critique of our entire attacking unit which just doesn't seem to be clicking at all.

B.H.F.C
15-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Yeah, you're right. If only we had strikers like Stevie May and Adam Rooney (4 between them) or Griffiths and Dembele (Also 4 between them)

Difference is, these guys have wingers and midfielders who score when they aren't.

Rooney - 4 goals, 294 minutes played
May - 3 goals, 675 minutes played

Stokes - 4 goals, 734 minutes played
Murray - 2 goals, 581 minutes played

Griffiths actually has five goals and dembele one but he's only played a game and a half. Celtic have goals all over the team I'll give you that, but don't really see that as a comparison as they're on a different level all together. Aberdeen less so, nobody else has scored more than a goal for them. And their strikers have marginally outscored ours but with much less time spent on the park between them.

Thecat23
15-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Strikers won't take every chance they get.

Our issue for seasons now is that our midfield don't chip in with anywhere near enough goals. When was the last time we had a midfielder even get close to double figures? I didn't take Lennons criticism of our attacking players as a direct dig at our strikers. I think it was a wider critique of our entire attacking unit which just doesn't seem to be clicking at all.

I agree our midfield should chip in more but to be honest our strikers aren’t doing enough imo. Far to many shots over or wide!

Hi Heid Yin
15-10-2017, 08:16 PM
I like Murray, but, disappointingly, his early season free-scoring has come to a grinding halt.
He is a Duracell battery and a handful for defences, especially tiring defences; so for these reasons I see him more as an impact player than a starter.
I was convinced that he would be a cert to score a minimum of 20 goals this season, especially after his blistering start, but I'm not so convinced now that he will actually reach this figure, mostly because Neil Lennon is trying to find a winning formula and whilst doing so is using him in a less effective and sparing way.

gegs70
16-10-2017, 09:11 AM
I thought he may have been the better option if only playing the one striker as he never stops....but thought at home should have played with 2 up front!