PDA

View Full Version : 66 minutes

cleanyman
14-10-2017, 04:01 PM
I thought we played better in the second half but why did it take 66 minutes to make a change when it was evident it wasn't working

4 points from home is just not good enough

Smartie
14-10-2017, 04:40 PM
I didn't really feel like it wasn't working.

It was a really tough, tight game against a team that were sitting in and giving us no space. Our best team were out on the pitch.

Sometimes the time is right to make a change early - I didn't think that was the case today. 66 minutes was about right to give it before making a change.

Zazu62
14-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Stokes up front on his own against a team like Aberdeen is pointless. A player like that can't compete in the air. We missed a player like Holt today. The high balls just played into Aberdeens hands

cleanyman
14-10-2017, 04:44 PM
I didn't really feel like it wasn't working.

It was a really tough, tight game against a team that were sitting in and giving us no space. Our best team were out on the pitch.

Sometimes the time is right to make a change early - I didn't think that was the case today. 66 minutes was about right to give it before making a change.

Boyle was toiling against Logan today. He had great success on the other wing. That wasn't working so he waited until the 70th odd minute to change it

Slivka on the wing wasn't working either.

Long balls punted up to Stokes who worked his socks off for nothing

neil7908
14-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Stokes up front on his own against a team like Aberdeen is pointless. A player like that can't compete in the air. We missed a player like Holt today. The high balls just played into Aberdeens hands

Agree. He was completely isolated. McGeough was no where near the him and Boyle was looked lost out wide.

I'd like to see Big Dave get a chance (if he's fit) and also Danny or Barker need to come in.

There'll have to be some touch decisions made, we have 4 quality central midfielders (McGinn, McGeouch, Bartley and Slivka) but we can't shoehorn them all into the side.

On the plus side Whittaker is looking better every game that goes by and Hanlon and Ambrose are beginning to click.