PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

Real Emerald
14-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Sitting here in the middle of East stand in an almost sell out Easter Road and the atmosphere has disappeared from the stadium. Moving the singing section to the FF has to be THE worst decision that has been made in the last few years, Place is dead.

cleanyman
14-10-2017, 02:59 PM
It has to change

So flat

SirDavidsNapper
14-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Ridiculous decision. Atmosphere was great

Borderhibbie76
14-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Yeah terrible decision

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HH81
14-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Sitting here in the middle of East stand in an almost sell out Easter Road and the atmosphere has disappeared from the stadium. Moving the singing section to the FF has to be THE worst decision that has been made in the last few years, Place is dead.

Get your section going then and see if others join in. Take some responsibility? Go on you can do this.

Real Emerald
14-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Get your section going then and see if others join in. Take some responsibility? Go on you can do this.

Sorry it must my fault FFS

HH81
14-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Sorry it must my fault FFS

Well stop moaning and try change it.

Moulin Yarns
14-10-2017, 03:17 PM
decent atmosphere coming over the radio. can hear both sets of fans.

The problem for guys in the east is the singing section is hidden and you can't hear them. I bet it is different in the west.

CMac1988
14-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Moving the singing section away up in the corner of the famous five was a daft decision. Should've been in the lower tier behind the goal. Should be doing everything we can to back the team and intimidate the opposition. Family section would be better in the lower west.

I suppose it also doesn't help that our home form doesn't leave much to sing about.

SChibs
14-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Weekly Thead about atmosphere is getting boring. If people were genuinely that bothered they would try and create an atmosphere themselves or move up to the section in the famous five.

Twiglet
14-10-2017, 04:25 PM
It was their decision to move to the FF.

wearethehibs
14-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Honestly, instead of greeting about the atmosphere every week, stand up and sing. Atmosphere from where I am was great again. Heard the East and West a couple of times, a shame it was when they were booing.

Josh 01
14-10-2017, 04:31 PM

The problem for guys in the east is the singing section is hidden and you can't hear them. I bet it is different in the west.

Sit behind the away dugout in the west and can just about hear the drum and can sometimes hear what they are singing.
It's a shame, they are now in the least effectual area of the whole stadium.

18Hibee75
14-10-2017, 04:32 PM
I sit in the singing section, and I see sides to both arguments. Noise cannot generate throughout the stadium where it is placed, and, yes it has made the atmosphere a lot more flat.

However, the boys involved will tell you that it's got nothing to do with the placement, but it's because only half the section sing. I agree with that, and it's very frustrating that people buy tickets for a singing section and don't sing. Felt sorry for the boy a few weeks back as he was trying to get the crowd going but got told to "shut the f*** up you wee dafty".

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

gando
14-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Can we just make one thread about the atmosphere - one every week is getting a bit repetitive with the same folk posting the same stuff

Jones28
14-10-2017, 04:41 PM
You can see why they wanted it moved tbf, having something anything like as intimidating as Dortmunds yellow wall would be great and may e they thought they'd be able to replicate it. However putting them up in the corner is a **** idea and they'd be better off right behind the goal.

Carheenlea
14-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Front of West Upper, and I thought atmosphere was excellent. Don't mind that the East is sometimes out of sync with the singing section, sometimes singing different songs! - but it sounds good. Will get better with goals and wins though.

SChibs
14-10-2017, 04:44 PM
You can see why they wanted it moved tbf, having something anything like as intimidating as Dortmunds yellow wall would be great and may e they thought they'd be able to replicate it. However putting them up in the corner is a **** idea and they'd be better off right behind the goal.

Been mentioned countless times and it's not possible for the section to be behind the goals

Real Emerald
14-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Honestly, instead of greeting about the atmosphere every week, stand up and sing. Atmosphere from where I am was great again. Heard the East and West a couple of times, a shame it was when they were booing.

I'm hoarse with singing mate and getting hacked off with happy clappers rounding on everyone' with an opinion calling them moaners. It is a fact that moving the singing section and drummer has been a huge mistake and detrimental to the atmosphere. There was 19k at the game today but compared to the last couple of years it quiet, last year the place would have been jumping so stop your moaning.

O'Rourke3
14-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Honestly, instead of greeting about the atmosphere every week, stand up and sing. Atmosphere from where I am was great again. Heard the East and West a couple of times, a shame it was when they were booing.What booing?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thomson1875
14-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Thought the singing section was good first half, second it was pretty flat.

Only seems to be the front couple rows that do the singing rest there for the atmosphere rather than adding anything, few people, groups dotted about that try keep it going also.

If that whole section was singing it would be pretty good.

Too many people moan about the atmosphere but are likely people that dont participate or try starting songs.

lord bunberry
14-10-2017, 05:25 PM
The atmosphere in the east was pretty good at times today, but it misses the singing section. If the point of the singing section is to create an atmosphere then it’s a 100% failure where it is now. Our group always joins in with the singing and starting songs, but right now it isn’t working. The Aberdeen fans must be looking across at them tucked away in that wee corner and laughing.
Why don’t they try and move it back to the east before the next home game.

BT58
14-10-2017, 05:34 PM
There was Booing. But it was aimed at the officials. Some weird decisions by the ref.

Pretty Boy
14-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Thought the atmosphere was decent enough today.

There was a lot of blood and thunder to make up for the quality that was quite often lacking and that usually gets fans going.

Keith_M
14-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Aberdeen fans were fantastic. Home fans? Apart from th 100 or so in th Singing Section, very poor.

Moving th Singing Section to th FF is a failure, sorry.

Chuck Rhoades
14-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Folk need to direct their keyboard gangster/Victor Meldrew moaning onto the stands. Every defeat you're guaranteed this thread.

Thecat23
14-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Dons fans were superb today! Think everyone pretty much agrees moving our signing section where it is now was rather stupid.

easty
14-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Folk need to direct their keyboard gangster/Victor Meldrew moaning onto the stands. Every defeat you're guaranteed this thread.

Who's being a keyboard gangster?

lord bunberry
14-10-2017, 05:45 PM
I think your being too sensitive. Do you think the singing section is making the atmosphere better since it moved?

SingaporeHibs
14-10-2017, 05:50 PM
When section 43 started it improved the atmosphere. It was higher up in the east and the singing spread. The biggest and first mistake was moving them to the front. The sound drifted off into the air without having the roof to bounce the noise around. The rest is history. Easy option would have been to move further back again in the east. However, we now have that section of the fan base tucked away with any noise bouncing off the side of the stand and it's not really working. Too much tinkering with something that wasn't broken to start with. I Guess the exception was a few daft lads hiding in amongst the group causing a small and insignificant amount of issues in the early days. Rather than deal with those individuals the rest have bent over backwards to do the right thing. It just hasn't worked yet as everyone hoped. Not the end of the world as the east should always have enough voices to make a good atmosphere. Would help if the team performed as we know they are able and had a bit more luck. Had we scored first I'm sure today would have been a different atmosphere

MM19
14-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Front of West Upper, and I thought atmosphere was excellent. Don't mind that the East is sometimes out of sync with the singing section, sometimes singing different songs! - but it sounds good. Will get better with goals and wins though.

I thought the atmosphere was good too we sit in the West Upper too. Maybe it depends where you sit whether you hear the singing or not.

CMac1988
14-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Where's the keyboard gangsters?

I applaud the singing section, when there's not a lot to cheer you guys have the relentless task of trying to lift the spirits of the crowd.

Of course the whole crowd are responsible for creating a better atmosphere, I just feel we'd be better served by having you lot behind the goals.
Not fussed what the reasons are for not being able to do it but from an acoustics point of view being lower in the stadium will allow the cheers and noise to reverberate around the stadium better, this has a lot to do with the advertising stand dividers. A lot of the noise just bounces of the side wall and doesn't travel to the east.

Regardless being close to the pitch at the FF end of the stadium will affect the players both our own and the opposition.

Keep it and don't take it personally. Unfortunately what your trying to achieve seems almost thankless at times.

emerald green
14-10-2017, 06:21 PM
I wish folk would stop moaning about the "atmosphere" at ER when there's a 19,000 crowd in the stadium. They should count themselves lucky.

They've maybe never attended ER during some desperate times when crowds were as low as 5,000 in a huge open terracing ground.

1875STEVE
14-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Easter Road was bouncing on the first day when the singing section was where it is.

If nobody else joins in or starts a song, what can the singing section do??

Ilovehibs
14-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Easter Road was bouncing on the first day when the singing section was where it is.

If nobody else joins in or starts a song, what can the singing section do??

Correct. It's up to the whole crowd to make some noise.
There were times today when it was rowdy in response to crap refereeing decisions and when we had chances.
Other times it was really quiet (in the East where I was anyway).

The sheep only made alot of noise after they scored.

It would be brilliant to have loads of singing throughout each match to spur the boys on.

Don't think there will be a problem against hertz a week on tuesday. Let's get in to them on and off the pitch.

K.Marx
14-10-2017, 06:37 PM
I think it’s clear that the singing section tucked away in the corner is not being heard by the East stand, but what’s stopping those in the east contributing to the atmosphere themselves? Theres 16,000 hibs fans in ER each week but everyone seems to be picking on the 60 or so making an effort. Poor show.

Keith_M
14-10-2017, 06:37 PM
When section 43 started it improved the atmosphere. It was higher up in the east and the singing spread. The biggest and first mistake was moving them to the front. The sound drifted off into the air without having the roof to bounce the noise around. The rest is history. Easy option would have been to move further back again in the east. However, we now have that section of the fan base tucked away with any noise bouncing off the side of the stand and it's not really working. Too much tinkering with something that wasn't broken to start with. I Guess the exception was a few daft lads hiding in amongst the group causing a small and insignificant amount of issues in the early days. Rather than deal with those individuals the rest have bent over backwards to do the right thing. It just hasn't worked yet as everyone hoped. Not the end of the world as the east should always have enough voices to make a good atmosphere. Would help if the team performed as we know they are able and had a bit more luck. Had we scored first I'm sure today would have been a different atmosphere

Totally agree.

The early days of the Section 43 singing section, when they were at the back, were by far the best.

lord bunberry
14-10-2017, 06:43 PM
I think it’s clear that the singing section tucked away in the corner is not being heard by the East stand, but what’s stopping those in the east contributing to the atmosphere themselves? Theres 16,000 hibs fans in ER each week but everyone seems to be picking on the 60 or so making an effort. Poor show.
No one is picking on them. If their purpose is to create an atmosphere, then it isn’t working where they are. I always try and start songs in the east, but my season ticket this year is in section 45, which isn’t ideal. If they want to improve the atmosphere, they have to move back to the east. I understand why they moved to the ff, but it had to be down the front for it to work.

Albanian Hibs
14-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Thought the atmosphere was crap. Can barely hear the drum from where I sit in section 39 in east. No one beside me was interested in singing today. Too busy listening to the sheep singing aberdeen aberdeen aberdeen for the 10th time 😒

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2017, 06:46 PM
get the singing section OUT of sect 25 :agree:

K.Marx
14-10-2017, 07:01 PM
If they want to improve the atmosphere, they have to move back to the east.

Or other likeminded people could go and join them up there? Theres usually plenty seats available.

SRHibs
14-10-2017, 07:02 PM

Keyboard gangster? Rofl. No one is doubting the effort of the singing section, just saying that they can’t be heard at all.

KingFranck
14-10-2017, 07:06 PM
If any of the singing section lads are looking in on this - are you guys happy where you are ?
If not can any of the fans reps on the board ( Tracy or Frank ) please organise the shift of these guys?
Might not be achievable this season as we now have 13k ST but this needs fixed for next season surely?

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2017, 07:07 PM

think that is indeed the problem :agree: i'm in sect 39 and heard the drum quite often today...but not any singing, other than some singing in the east itself

Carheenlea
14-10-2017, 07:08 PM
What was so great about the Aberdeen fans? Away supports tend to be more vocal than when in their own grounds, but they were nothing special.

Saturday Boy
14-10-2017, 07:11 PM
If any of the singing section lads are looking in on this - are you guys happy where you are ?
If not can any of the fans reps on the board ( Tracy or Frank ) please organise the shift of these guys?
Might not be achievable this season as we now have 13k ST but this needs fixed for next season surely?

Apologies for tagging this onto your post,

As one of many long serving season ticket holders emptied from their seats because the singing section wanted to sit in my seat, is the plan that they get to displace other fans until they find somewhere they're happy?

All to help the "atmosphere"

SChibs
14-10-2017, 07:17 PM
As one of many long serving season ticket holders emptied from their seats because the singing section wanted to sit in my seat, is the plan that they get to displace other fans until they find somewhere they're happy?

All to help the "atmosphere"

Is moving a few seats along into the next section really that big a deal? It's not like the section are trying to get the best seats in the stadium?

SingaporeHibs
14-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Would be interesting to hear if they are happy where they are. If they are fine, it's upto them where they want to sit. If they feel their role on game day is to build atmosphere as well as enjoying their view of the match etc then they could surely could be mostly fitted back in the east together towards either end. Its really upto the individuals involved if they would rather move back to the east or not.

Saturday Boy
14-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Is moving a few seats along into the next section really that big a deal? It's not like the section are trying to get the best seats in the stadium?

When you're told, that although you may have sat in the same seat since the stand opened (20 years) that you have to move, because someone else wants to sit there, it was a big deal. I take it you'd be fine if you had to give up your seat for the derby because someone else wanted to sit there?

SChibs
14-10-2017, 07:32 PM
When you're told, that although you may have sat in the same seat since the stand opened (20 years) that you have to move, because someone else wants to sit there, it was a big deal. I take it you'd be fine if you had to give up your seat for the derby because someone else wanted to sit there?

If I was offered another seat in the section next to it which is more central then yes I'd be fine. nobody forced you to move either.

Saturday Boy
14-10-2017, 07:39 PM
If I was offered another seat in the section next to it which is more central then yes I'd be fine. nobody forced you to move either.

I CBA scanning and posting the letter from the club, but yes, I was told that the singing section were moving in, that I could stay in the same stand, but not my seat even if I wanted to sit in the singing section. They also promised early access to free seats, which never happened. The large number of season tickets sold meant that there were far fewer seats available in the areas I wanted to sit.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Atmosphere depends on where you are, couldn't really hear the Aberdeen fans much from where we were (FF Lower) either.

lord bunberry
14-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Or other likeminded people could go and join them up there? Theres usually plenty seats available.
I don’t think that would help tbh. They need to move back to the east. I asked the question earlier in the thread to one of the singing section if they thought it was working, and he didn’t reply. Do they want their own wee section, or do they want to improve the atmosphere? I’d like to think that the singing section was set up to improve the atmosphere, and that should still be the main aim today.
The boys have done a great job in helping to create an atmosphere at Easter Road, and I hope they don’t take anything I’ve said as criticism of what they’re trying to do.

Chuck Rhoades
15-10-2017, 01:29 AM
Thought the atmosphere was crap. Can barely hear the drum from where I sit in section 39 in east. No one beside me was interested in singing today. Too busy listening to the sheep singing aberdeen aberdeen aberdeen for the 10th time 😒

Funny that.

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2017, 03:38 AM
The idea of a singing section is to encourage other folk to join in ...... in the FF lower you can hear them just fine but practically nobody joins in, my wee group try, but eventually you just feel like a lemon singing 'green & white army or whatever on your bloody own. This is just my personal point of view, but I've never been able to understand why folk go along to support their team and don't at least try to join in with the singing .... even if its a few choruses of 'Hibees' 'Hibees'

Having said that I don't actually think the overall atmosphere was too bad yesterday and you could definitely hear the singing from the FF upper and the east from where I was. I got the feeling that if Hibs had managed to conjure up an equaliser the place would really have come alive ... but we didn't look like scoring and I think it left folk a wee bit deflated to be honest.

I am becoming more and more convinced that if Hibs were to build a curve between the FF and the east and chuck the singing section in there it would be brilliant ..... that I fear is still a long way off.

itslegaltender
15-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Was up the back of the singing section yesterday. The boys do a great job however you couldn't hear or see the East stand at all.

Before in section 45 you had them down the front and a good contingent up the back, place was rocking. When I sat there for Motherwell game it was really quiet.

It simply just hasn't worked.

easty
15-10-2017, 08:03 AM

It's obviously no a big deal, but nowadays there's a culture blowing everything out of proportion.

Steve-O
15-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Been mentioned countless times and it's not possible for the section to be behind the goals

Why?

lyonhibs
15-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something, but is it contractually the responsibility of the singing section, wherever it may be, to start all songs/generate all atmosphere?

Are the other 16,500 odd Hibs fans all dumb and mute until one corner of the FF starts up a song and then they magically regain the power of speech?

Atmosphere comes from everyone and is inevitably dependent to a certain degree on what is happening (or not) on the pitch.

Bleeds green
15-10-2017, 08:33 AM
The singing section moving to FF was a totally stupid decision and from what I hear it wasn't that they wanted to move but got pushed to move. Anyone saying that atmosphere was good yday is either lying or can't remember games last couple of seasons when that singing section had the east rocking. East yday barely sang a song the whole game and that's sad to see when it's packed out

penihibs
15-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something, but is it contractually the responsibility of the singing section, wherever it may be, to start all songs/generate all atmosphere?

Are the other 16,500 odd Hibs fans all dumb and mute until one corner of the FF starts up a song and then they magically regain the power of speech?

Atmosphere comes from everyone and is inevitably dependent to a certain degree on what is happening (or not) on the pitch.

Totally agree the young guy's that contribute to the group deserve backing not stick from other fans, I sit in FF upper and they give it their all.
I have supported Hibs for 50 plus years and this group have been as good as any at backing the team so enjoy the good times we are having the now, and get behind them we all want the best for the club.

SRHibs
15-10-2017, 08:37 AM

The East was louder yesterday from what I heard. The fact that the drum is in the FF is the main problem and I don’t think having 2 drummers out of sync is a very good solution. Move them back.

Bleeds green
15-10-2017, 08:40 AM
I think most folk would agree the singing section are brilliant there just in the wrong stand!

ColintonHibs
15-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Well stop moaning and try change it.

Exactly even West stand make more noise

LaMotta
15-10-2017, 09:01 AM
I think most folk would agree the singing section are brilliant there just in the wrong stand!

Right stand, wrong tier for me.

frazeHFC
15-10-2017, 09:23 AM
The singing section moving to FF was a totally stupid decision and from what I hear it wasn't that they wanted to move but got pushed to move. Anyone saying that atmosphere was good yday is either lying or can't remember games last couple of seasons when that singing section had the east rocking. East yday barely sang a song the whole game and that's sad to see when it's packed out

Not sure who told you that, but what you have heard is absolute nonsense. The group wanted to move, and the club facilitated it.

Frazerbob
15-10-2017, 09:47 AM
A lot of sensitive souls on this thread and a lot of point missing. Nobody is saying the singing section isn’t doing a good job but it is a fact that the new location is less effective in creating an atmosphere. IMO they are too far away from the rest of the fans likely to join in (the East) and too far away from the away fans to generate any banter with them. Without question, the move was a mistake, however instigated it.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Right stand, wrong tier for me.

Spot on Victor, it should be smack bang right behind the goal in the lower tier filling those empty seats that are there every week.

Frogga
15-10-2017, 09:49 AM
I think most folk would agree the singing section are brilliant there just in the wrong stand!I totally agree with this. I was in the South yesterday (to allow me to sit with some non-ST mates) and you can see the effort the singing section are going to with the drum, clapping, singing, etc but the acoustics of that part of the stadium meant I could hardly hear it.

I appreciate that others can step up but it still doesn't solve the problem that the core group designed to (and who are very good at) create an atmosphere have now been placed away out in the sticks. It's like playing John Mcginn at left back imo!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

SChibs
15-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Why?

The area is packed out with season tickets but the current t section only had 30 or so meaning it was less disruption to put the section there

SChibs
15-10-2017, 11:00 AM
I wonder if it would work to make the entire famous five stand family prices which might encourage some of the lower tier st's to move upstairs. This would free up some space to get the section behind the goals

ChooseLife
15-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Effort of the singing section can't be faulted but it's clearly not going to work in the FF, it was a worthwhile experiment nonetheless, back anywhere in section 43 and ER will be the noisiest stadium in the league once again:thumbsup:

Keith_M
15-10-2017, 11:13 AM
I was in section 26 (south lower) and tried to join in with the singing, as did a few of the other older guys near me, but hardly anybody else did.

I was surrounded by young people (teens and early 20s) that just didn't seem interested. I found that strange, as that was the age group that used to sing along happily when I was their age.

Is it an age/cultural thing that it's uncool or something?

barcahibs
15-10-2017, 11:46 AM
I was in section 26 (south lower) and tried to join in with the singing, as did a few of the other older guys near me, but hardly anybody else did.

I was surrounded by young people (teens and early 20s) that just didn't seem interested. I found that strange, as that was the age group that used to sing along happily when I was their age.

Is it an age/cultural thing that it's uncool or something?

Been going to matches for 30 years and i think I've sang maybe twice? Both sunshine on leith at hampden :)

Never been interested in the communal singing thing (and would also say some of the best atmospheres I've been part of had nothing to do with songs).

Not everyone experiences things the same way, i go to Easter Road to watch football, if i wanted to join a choir I'd head to... Actually i don't know where you'd go to join a choir? A community centre somewhere?

On the singing section, i think they do a good job, I'd be interested to see where most folk complaining they're quieter now are singing? I suspect they're in the East...

I've sat in the north, east and west stands over the last few years and I'd say there's been no real change in the sound of the stadium as a whole. When the singing section were in the East, they sounded good in the east - but you couldn't really hear them in the north or west. Now they've moved, the east probably sounds quieter but the north and west are louder.

If you're in the east it may seem quieter where you are but the stadium noise as a whole is pretty constant IMO.

I used to hate the drum... Starting to get used to it now though, would probably miss it if it went.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 11:56 AM

100%. Love the atmosphere and colour they create.

lucky
15-10-2017, 12:37 PM
I was speaking with a couple of Jambos last night and they both commented on the atmosphere at ER and said it’s a lot better than the PBS. If Hibs are playing well then the whole ground gets behind the team but we shouldn’t rely on 50 young boys creating the atmosphere when the teams toiling

Chuck Rhoades
15-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Reading through the comments from this and similar threads it appears to be supporters housed in the East that used to be near the previous location of the singing section who are unhappy. I assume because their matchday experience has dropped now SS are hosted in FF.

Up to folk to create their own matchday experience, not the 0.01% who try organise one.

Solution is simple - sing up, then those around you will too.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Reading through the comments from this and similar threads it appears to be supporters housed in the East that used to be near the previous location of the singing section who are unhappy. I assume because their matchday experience has dropped now SS are hosted in FF.

Up to folk to create their own matchday experience, not the 0.01% who try organise one.

:agree: Keep it up Ross, i think you and the others are doing a great job. :top marks

SRHibs
15-10-2017, 01:01 PM

The singing section is a catalyst for the rest of the stadium. Where it's situated now it is not a catalyst at all, which makes it kind of pointless. Having the drum in the East was much much better.

Chuck Rhoades
15-10-2017, 01:05 PM
The singing section is a catalyst for the rest of the stadium. Where it's situated now it is not a catalyst at all, which makes it kind of pointless. Having the drum in the East was much much better.

Disagree. Barely a soul joined in at the front of the East. Now a block of 300 like minds do and you can see the FF lower/West joining in when they previously never.

These threads have existed for the past 5 seasons - it's now East stand who have the can't hear comments.

Bleeds green
15-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Everyone forms there own opinions. Myself having seen how the crowds have increased and the atmosphere improved considerably in last cupl seasons there is no doubt at all that this season with the section moving it has been a step backwards in t end of stadium atmosphere as a whole. That's not saying the SS don't think from there position they are still coming across as loud and clear and generating the atmosphere as did previous (which they are trying to but are def not)

Frazerbob
15-10-2017, 05:00 PM
For such a big game and crowd, yesterday's atmosphere was nowhere near as good as it has been in recent times (except from the away fans TBF). What's changed? I was sat more or less on the halfway line in the East and couldn't hear the singing section clearly most of the time. The away fans must've heard nowt. The Derby will be a the big test to see if the move has worked or not.

LaMotta
15-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Spot on Victor, it should be smack bang right behind the goal in the lower tier filling those empty seats that are there every week.

:agree:

Would have grown from there with long term goal of having safe standing in lower tier of FF.

The problem now is the potential for that option to be totally dismissed, because of a poorly thought out initial move.

Cabbage East
15-10-2017, 05:19 PM
I was in the middle of the east and the atmosphere was shan. You can't hear the 'singing section' at all. It's not helping the team.

Carheenlea
15-10-2017, 06:40 PM
I said earlier that I thought the atmosphere was decent yesterday. It's something that will take care of itself depending on what's happening on the park, but I don't always associate atmosphere with singing - noise levels rise with attacks, good play and controversial incidents, and fall when the other team has the ball. Singing will be expected in the singing section, but it shouldn't be demanded that everyone sings songs as a spectator every week.

Phil MaGlass
16-10-2017, 10:38 AM
Singing section is definitely in the wrong area. Should come back to east. It should b directly behind goals if anywhere in FF, but I know there are probs with that. Having a wall of noise coming from a packed out East is way much better. I actually thought atmosphere from East was mmmm *****

stantonhibby
16-10-2017, 11:34 AM
I said earlier that I thought the atmosphere was decent yesterday. It's something that will take care of itself depending on what's happening on the park, but I don't always associate atmosphere with singing - noise levels rise with attacks, good play and controversial incidents, and fall when the other team has the ball. Singing will be expected in the singing section, but it shouldn't be demanded that everyone sings songs as a spectator every week.

Spot on......how did we survive before we had a singing section

Frazerbob
16-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Spot on......how did we survive before we had a singing section

We had all the bams huddled together under a low roof......I miss the old East Terrace!

Bobby's Cinema
16-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Admit it hasn't worked and move it back for next season.

Ronniekirk
16-10-2017, 12:56 PM
The Hearts gsme will take cate of itself as fans passion and desire to keep our unbeaten run agsinst them fuels the situation
But its an issie at a lot of scottish grounds now woth these large open stands Mothetwell away if the upper part of the away stand is full is a good venue given shape of the structure thete ,but there arent many stands dtill like that

Nicho87
16-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Bring them back to the east but this time in at the famous five side

RoscoHibby
16-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Should've remained at back of east, where most 'singers' are located. I know why it did, but the actual SS seem a step above your average wee bam with a smoke bomb. Should've been trusted to self police and root any wee fuds out.
I sit in 43 and if it was a decent crowd, you couldn't hear the guys at the front from about the middle. Hope it moves back.

Sure it was a game against cowdenbeath that was tipping point with the smoke bombs, that not good, but the atmosphere was crazy and amazing, for ****in cowdenbeath!!