PDA

View Full Version : If derby is at Murrayfield, should Hibs limit our tickets

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Thinking about this, and i wonder whether Hibs should just take our usual 3500 for any derby at murrayfield?

Why should we help them profit from their incompetence/ dishonesty.

I often go to tynie derbies, but i certainly wont be gping to any game st murrayfield to help dig them out of their financial hole.

In my opinion Hibs should absolutely not be helping them in amy way.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2017, 11:55 AM
No.

ShinyFantastic
14-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Grow up

fat freddy
14-10-2017, 12:01 PM
It will be a cracker. Unique setting for a derby. Im not concerned about them making a few quid on the back of it. The tin shed will absorb any income they generate for the next few years. It would be funny if we outnumbered them in their home game.

18Hibee75
14-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Nope. We should take as many as we can get. Very much doubt derby will be at murrayfield anyway, thoughts on how many we would bring if had no limit?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

HH81
14-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Nope. We should take as many as we can get. Very much doubt derby will be at murrayfield anyway, thoughts on how many we would bring if had no limit?

9500?

18Hibee75
14-10-2017, 12:04 PM
9500?Think we would take 10,000 at least imo.

jodjam
14-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Thinking about this, and i wonder whether Hibs should just take our usual 3500 for any derby at murrayfield?

I often go to tynie derbies, but i certainly wont be gping to any game st murrayfield to help dig them out of their financial hole.

No one on here knows the ins and outs of the deal. Maybe the SRU are playing tough here and taking all monies over a normal PBS crowd after costs. Maybe the poppy thieves are losing money on extra security. Who knows

O'Rourke3
14-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Mmmmm give Jambs money or have a bigger away support than the home team in a derby.... Let me get back to you

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

jacomo
14-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Take a big crowd, do them on the pitch, and a bumper income from one match will feel like a consolation prize.

We know that Hearts define their season against Hibs. So beat them and their own fans will stop going.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2017, 12:29 PM

Stop over thinking it, you would be going to support Hibs not finance Hearts.

Jack Hackett
14-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Much as I think they're profiting from their incompetence, any extra money they make from a Murrayfield derby, will be s***ked on another useless no-mark in the January window.

It's what Harry does best

Killiehibbie
14-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Take as many as we can sell.

Smartie
14-10-2017, 12:52 PM
This could be a unique event in Scottish football, a bizarrely unique event in the history of the Edinburgh derby and it should be flogged to death.

We should be pricing it sensibly and we should be trying to pack it out to the rafters. Hibs should muscle in on the money-raising action, demanding a cut from Hearts/ the SRU in order to big it up to our own fans and ensure we all get right behind it.

It could be brilliant, a unique win/win/win situation, and I don't really care if it came about because Hearts ballsed up building a stand.

Of course this is Scottish football and we'll contrive to make it as small and unsuccessful as we possibly can.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Maybe Hearts should get the money for the amount that we would normally take and anything above that should come back to us less Police and admin costs.

Malthibby
14-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Maybe Hearts should get the money for the amount that we would normally take and anything above that should come back to us less Police and admin costs.

Should already have been insisted upon from the outset, SPFL won't do bxgger all now. I'm afraid they won't be getting a penny from me, their cheating was responsible for one of the worst footie days of my life, albeit
it doesn't mean anything now. Not ready to forget yet, especially as long as they maintain their ludicroud Billybigbaws attitude.

1van Sprou7e
14-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Highly unlikely it will even be at Murrayfield in the first place imo

Deansy
14-10-2017, 01:23 PM
More to the point - WHY are the GFA allowing these **** to get away with what is basically 'Profiteering' ??. PBS not ready ? - fine - games played with 3 stands it is then !!

Greencore
14-10-2017, 03:15 PM

Who's Amy?

ancient hibee
14-10-2017, 06:24 PM

Astonishing post.

Glory Lurker
14-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Eh, how about we play in front of 17000 Hibbies, and keep all the money? If we can refuse to play at Murrayfield we should do it. They don't have enough seats in three stands for their STs and an away allocation. Game gets played at ER and we play at tiny Tiney in the spring.

That said, I think they'll have finished the tin can by then and the game will be at the PBS.

bathhibby
14-10-2017, 06:52 PM
I live in England and would have Zero chance of a ticket at ***********.
As for Murrayfield at least 5 of us will attend - great oortunity for allHibs fans.
We’ll take more than 10K

Steve20
14-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Hearts will be back at ****castle after the Rangers game. It's nonsense to pretend otherwise.

Keith_M
14-10-2017, 07:30 PM
No.

I'd love us to take 10k to the game.

LancashireHibby
14-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Would love us to play them at Murrayfield and take 10,000+. Let it bite them on the backside and turn it in to a home game.

Dashing Bob S
14-10-2017, 07:46 PM
24,000 Hibs 18,000 Hearts would be my guess.

Foritza
14-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Absolutely no way will I go to Murrayfield unless Hibs are paid a percentage of the gate over and above our normal allocation. What is the agreement with SPFL . They must have agreed a date to have their stadium ready for home games, if they can't meet this date then surely they must be financially penalised. Why do you think they are delaying installing seats. They are trying to ensure games against Aberdeen , The Rangers, and Hibs are played at Murrayfield to gain maximum revenue. Was not the initial opening date meant to be sometime in September.They really are a desperate prostitute of a club. Hibs must gain financial increment should they agree to play at the Rugby Stadium. Otherwise I and a lot more won't finance their hideous dole Office frontage of a replacement stand. GGTTH.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Some fairly hostile reactions...

Given that a good few of the guys i go to games with havent been back at tynie since Mercer (may he burn in hell), i didnt think it was that 'out there' a suggestion.

SON OF PADDY
14-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Let them play in front of a empty stadium !
I'm not subsidising these *******'s.

Bristolhibby
14-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Hearts will be back at ****castle after the Rangers game. It's nonsense to pretend otherwise.

Not what one of the jambos I was chatting to in Slovenia who works on the Project was saying. He was pretty damn sure there will be a Boxing Day (or 27th) Derby at Murrayfield.

If this turns out to be the case I shall be flying up. Won’t be for Tynecastle.

J

houstonhibbee
14-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Not what one of the jambos I was chatting to in Slovenia who works on the Project was saying. He was pretty damn sure there will be a Boxing Day (or 27th) Derby at Murrayfield.

If this turns out to be the case I shall be flying up. Won’t be for Tynecastle.

J
Derby on 27th at Murrayfield would attract 30k plus roughly every split

DH1875
14-10-2017, 11:14 PM

Nonsense :confused: They should be back before the derby but to say they won't be back before December is far from nonsense.

In respect to the original question, its not up to Hibs. Would or could the yams not sell direct to Hibs fans and then in effect have as many of us that would buy tickets? I'm sure we've sold tickets direct to away fans before so what's to stop them from doing it?

DH1875
14-10-2017, 11:16 PM

Would reckon that a new year/Christmas time derby would sell a lot more than 30k. 40k easy if both sets of fans had unlimited tickets.

houstonhibbee
15-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Would reckon that a new year/Christmas time derby would sell a lot more than 30k. 40k easy if both sets of fans had unlimited tickets.
I think that's stretching it a bit. Even in 1973 at Tynecastle when there was no limit TT's "only" attracted 36,000k. 15-16k aside max I reckon

NZ Green
15-10-2017, 01:02 AM
I don't think a rare derby at Murryfield is going to affect their income that much. A win for Hibs with a massive support is much more costly to them as a club.

renato
15-10-2017, 08:54 AM
I don't think a rare derby at Murryfield is going to affect their income that much. A win for Hibs with a massive support is much more costly to them as a club.

Exactly. The opportunity to outnumber them at their own home game? No brainer.

Geo_1875
15-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Any normal club would be embarrassed about their situation and pull out all the stops to get it sorted asap. Being the self-proclaimed "Famous" they will drag it out as long as possible to maximise potential income. Don't be surprised when in the near future they're bragging about a 30k+ attendance for a league game conveniently forgetting it wasn't played at their ground. That said, I think we'll play them at Tynie whether their stand is fully fitted out or not. Hopefully they don't put their fans lives at risk by rushing the job.

Phil MaGlass
15-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Any normal club would be embarrassed about their situation and pull out all the stops to get it sorted asap. Being the self-proclaimed "Famous" they will drag it out as long as possible to maximise potential income. Don't be surprised when in the near future they're bragging about a 30k+ attendance for a league game conveniently forgetting it wasn't played at their ground. That said, I think we'll play them at Tynie whether their stand is fully fitted out or not. Hopefully they don't put their fans lives at risk by rushing the job.

They have been puttin their fans lives at risk with that old asbestos fire hazard of a main stand for decades.

Keith_M
15-10-2017, 10:25 AM
I think that's stretching it a bit. Even in 1973 at Tynecastle when there was no limit TT's "only" attracted 36,000k. 15-16k aside max I reckon

I think they'd get more than 20k home fans for a game against us at Murrayfield.

If we took 10k+, it would be a fantastic atmosphere.

lucky
15-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I don’t get the attitude of restricting fans from going to a game. If it Murrayfield then I’d hope that everyone who want to go can get a ticket. Pumping them in front of 30,40 or 50k would fantastic

danhibees1875
15-10-2017, 12:14 PM
24,000 Hibs 18,000 Hearts would be my guess.

I'd be amazed if we took less than 30,000 to the game.

McD
15-10-2017, 09:17 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if the yams only gave us 3500, they’ll not want to risk a huge Hibs crowd, even if it would give them some money. Dunno what the police input would be either.

monktonharp
15-10-2017, 10:40 PM

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalknot read the rest of posts on this issue, but I seriously believe they have designed it this wayto maximise profits on the back of their "loan" of Murrayfield. I for one, feel that with it being a one off, the crowd for this would be enormous and the biggest crowd since we pumped them 7 nil. bring it on, give us 30k tickets or walk ups which would be even better. although the polis would be in a panic if that happened.

monktonharp
15-10-2017, 10:43 PM
I don't think a rare derby at Murryfield is going to affect their income that much. A win for Hibs with a massive support is much more costly to them as a club.nonsence

monktonharp
15-10-2017, 10:51 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if the yams only gave us 3500, they’ll not want to risk a huge Hibs crowd, even if it would give them some money. Dunno what the police input would be either.I'm now reading more into the posts. surely folk would want to be there, if the crowd could potentially outdo even an old firm new year Derby/ it would be a match most on here would regret missing, that is for sure if we were given 30k plus? :confused:

Speedy
15-10-2017, 11:16 PM
I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist.

Get as many hibbies there as possible.

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2017, 02:47 AM

I agree. I understand the reluctance to give Hearts the income, but it's a derby and we should have as many as possible there. It's damn difficult getting tickets for the PBS for most, so it would be a chance to have thousands at an away game. We'd easily take ten thousand I think.

Not In The Know
16-10-2017, 07:00 AM
Let them play in front of a empty stadium !
I'm not subsidising these *******'s.

What if they bid for Moult and get him in January with the “unexpected” windfall they gained from the large crowds at Murrayfield? £25x 14000 is £350,000

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 07:21 AM
I don’t get the attitude of restricting fans from going to a game. If it Murrayfield then I’d hope that everyone who want to go can get a ticket. Pumping them in front of 30,40 or 50k would fantastic

All personal opinion... but i dont want us to help them swell their coffers by circa 300k (or whatever the figure would be).

Just my view.

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 07:34 AM
All personal opinion... but i dont want us to help them swell their coffers by circa 300k (or whatever the figure would be).

Just my view.

I'm with you 100% ☻
Why would we want to supplement their income?
I would rather give Hibs my money via the shop.

Hiber-nation
16-10-2017, 07:36 AM

No idea either. Some folk on here have this bizarre obsession with hearts.

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 07:38 AM
What if they bid for Moult and get him in January with the “unexpected” windfall they gained from the large crowds at Murrayfield? £25x 14000 is £350,000

Exactly !

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 08:03 AM
No idea either. Some folk on here have this bizarre obsession with hearts.

It's not a bizarre obsession, it's about having principles!
I simply loathe everything about that club,their shameful attitude to living within their means has no boundaries.

BoomtownHibees
16-10-2017, 08:03 AM
I'm with you 100% ☻
Why would we want to supplement their income?
I would rather give Hibs my money via the shop.

I'd rather go and watch Hibs in one of the biggest games of the season.

Each to their own tho

SON OF PADDY
16-10-2017, 08:11 AM
I'd rather go and watch Hibs in one of the biggest games of the season.

Each to their own tho

If you want to line their pockets " Bash on " mate,
As you rightly said each to their own. 😉

judas
16-10-2017, 08:24 AM

Good point.

A large gate will undoubtedly result in a large net profit for hearts. Hibs should request a cut. If not provided then I would endorse low Hibs attendance.

Why should Hearts of all clubs gain an unfair financial advantage.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Good point.

A large gate will undoubtedly result in a large net profit for hearts. Hibs should request a cut. If not provided then I would endorse low Hibs attendance.

Why should Hearts of all clubs gain an unfair financial advantage.

Thats what annoys me about it. If it was a genuine problem that was beyond their control, and it really was just 'one of thosr things' id be a lot less cynical.

But they are gaming the situation, they are cheating and bending the rules (yet again). And im sure i dont need to remind anyone on here who suffered the most from their last bout 'series of unfortunate events outwith their control'.

Im just not prepared to be complicit in them cheating, or at least acting like craven, avaricious opportunists yet again and Hibs / Hibs fans helping them do it.

A game at Murrayfield that was worked and agreed beyween the clubs would be one thing, but this is Hearts trying (and succeeding so far) to gain indulgence and rule bending that no other club has had, yet again.

Imo, Hibs and Hibs fans should not be helping them gain anything on us.

BoomtownHibees
16-10-2017, 09:08 AM
If you want to line their pockets " Bash on " mate,
As you rightly said each to their own. 😉

I would be lining their pockets if they game was at Tynecastle anyway so not any different. The folk that normally want to go will go, regardless of the venue imho

Not In The Know
16-10-2017, 09:33 AM
I would be lining their pockets if they game was at Tynecastle anyway so not any different. The folk that normally want to go will go, regardless of the venue imho

And they would be lining our pockets with the reciprocal agreement of 3500 hearts fans attending the next match at Easter Road.

This is is not a reciprocal agreement. They are rinsing Hibs fans for extra money.

They are also rinsing their own fans by selling them season tickets for seats that didn’t exist.

This is ALL about them using every trick in the book to squeeze cash by whatever means out the Fans.

Every other team in the nation would have played with 3 stands and sold half season tickets at Christmas but because of their previous stealing and dishonesty a trick like this is second nature.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Thats fine though, thats business as usual and we get the same back from them at easter road.

This would be a case of them gaming the system to gain an advantage over us, and every other team.

Im not saying it should be a boycott or anything like that, just that we as a club, should treat it as business as usual, and take our normal allocation and not help facilitate this profiteering by them.

But i understand many dont agree, just my view.

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 09:42 AM

They have 14,000 season ticket holders so not sure how you work that out. I would tell them to ram it if ticket money isn't shared evenly or at least we keep any sales over 3,500.

Smartie
16-10-2017, 09:48 AM

What if they cannot afford to make a bid for Moult in January because of the increased costs in renting Murrayfield and building their new stand?

What if we sell 35,000 instead of 3500 tickets for this game after cutting a deal with Hearts to big up the game to our fans, meaning that we can outbid other teams for Moult in January?

McD
16-10-2017, 10:00 AM
I'm now reading more into the posts. surely folk would want to be there, if the crowd could potentially outdo even an old firm new year Derby/ it would be a match most on here would regret missing, that is for sure if we were given 30k plus? :confused:

That was kinda my point, we would sell thousands more tickets if there was an opportunity to do so, and I’m sure the yams would as well. thats why I think they could restrict us to the usual 3500. They could say they’ve given what they usually do, without risking tens of thousands of Hibbies being there to rub their faces in it.

Not In The Know
16-10-2017, 10:12 AM
What if they cannot afford to make a bid for Moult in January because of the increased costs in renting Murrayfield and building their new stand?

What if we sell 35,000 instead of 3500 tickets for this game after cutting a deal with Hearts to big up the game to our fans, meaning that we can outbid other teams for Moult in January?

That would be a desirable outcome.

Hearts are on record saying they are making money from the Murrayfield games (overall).

Phil MaGlass
16-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Game should not b held at Mfield. A disgrace its been allowed to go on so long.They r again gettin a financial advantage over other clubs by playing there. We should demand game to b played at Tiny Tynie.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Game should not b held at Mfield. A disgrace its been allowed to go on so long.They r again gettin a financial advantage over other clubs by playing there. We should demand game to b played at Tiny Tynie.

Exactly.

Bristolhibby
16-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Riminding people that you’d be paying to watch Hibs play. Just as if we were going to Ibrox or Rugby Park.

More Hibbies in the ground roaring the team on means more chance of 3 points and another humbling defeat of the yams.

Don’t worry about them, I’m more interested in actually getting an away Derby ticket and supporting Hibs.

Not for you? Go to the pub, I’ll see you after beating them in the highest attended Derby in a long time.

GGTTH

J

Dashing Bob S
16-10-2017, 01:53 PM
I agree. I understand the reluctance to give Hearts the income, but it's a derby and we should have as many as possible there. It's damn difficult getting tickets for the PBS for most, so it would be a chance to have thousands at an away game. We'd easily take ten thousand I think.

Always said that Hibs and Hearts should enter into a joint agreement to play every New Year’s fixture at Murrayfield. It would make it into a terrific ocassion. If there was a deal in place over four years, no club would lose home advantage over the piece.

Football authorities wouldn’t allow it as it would challenge the bigot fest as the showpiece league game of the season and undermine the entire loser sectarian west coast myopic culture of Scottish football.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Riminding people that you’d be paying to watch Hibs play. Just as if we were going to Ibrox or Rugby Park.

More Hibbies in the ground roaring the team on means more chance of 3 points and another humbling defeat of the yams.

Don’t worry about them, I’m more interested in actually getting an away Derby ticket and supporting Hibs.

Not for you? Go to the pub, I’ll see you after beating them in the highest attended Derby in a long time.

GGTTH

J

But i do worry about them, especially their cheating and us losing out.

But youre right, personal choice - i go to most derbies at Tynie, so maybe there is not the same novelty as to some others who dont so often.

But i would prob choose to watch this one in the pub rather than help dig them out of a financial hple of their own making, and one we had to deal with ourselves withoit relying on fhe world bending over backwards and doing us favours.

Personal choice as you say. My OP was about whether the club shpuld make a stance - majority on here seems to be a resounding 'no' so fair enough! Plus we are probably too 'nice' to do something like that.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 02:11 PM
highest attended Derby in a long time
J[/QUOTE]

Since 2012...

Phil MaGlass
16-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Always said that Hibs and Hearts should enter into a joint agreement to play every New Year’s fixture at Murrayfield. It would make it into a terrific ocassion. If there was a deal in place over four years, no club would lose home advantage over the piece.

Football authorities wouldn’t allow it as it would challenge the bigot fest as the showpiece league game of the season and undermine the entire loser sectarian west coast myopic culture of Scottish football.

This, could be a great occasion, might even bring more families out and plenty of New Year tourists looking for something to do?

houstonhibbee
16-10-2017, 03:20 PM
They have 14,000 season ticket holders so not sure how you work that out. I would tell them to ram it if ticket money isn't shared evenly or at least we keep any sales over 3,500.

What bit are you not sure about? I reckoned approx 15k each what is so difficult to understand?

Stantons Angel
16-10-2017, 04:01 PM
i thought this quite a silly and childish post but thought id read through it any way.

Im glad i was not the only one to think so.

As many have already said they will be back at the pink bus shelter by the Christmas game so its all pie in the sky really.

As someone says we do not know the ins and outs of the deal with the SRU but i can bet Hearts dont make much money out of it. the catering and hospitality profits, if any, will go to the SRU and they will have to guarantee the crowd of at least all their season ticket numbers i should think?

It may also be that the SRU may take a chunk of the gate over the threshold of the season ticket numbers. As i say this is only my way of thinking. We dont know the arrangements that they made.

if we had the opportunity to play there against them then id take all the tickets i could and make sure the team in green and white are supported.

staying away from a Derby game would make me ill.

Dashing Bob S
16-10-2017, 04:11 PM
This, could be a great occasion, might even bring more families out and plenty of New Year tourists looking for something to do?

Would also work for first derby of the season around festival time.

Tornadoes70
16-10-2017, 04:18 PM
When making my mind up whether to go or not I don't think a determining factor would include the question of whether or not the yams will make more money out of the venue. I agree one hundred per cent if it is held at Murrayfield its farcical due to their mismanagement of their eyesore and worthy of debate with some fans unhappy regarding potentially having profiteered from their being allowed to use Murrayfield, then returning to their own stadium in the same season which I believe is against the rule-book. I think I would almost certainly attend though if tickets were available.

GGTTH

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-10-2017, 04:51 PM
I have no idea about the arrangement hearts have in place with the SRU. However:

Do people genuinely believe hearts would simply just allow us to bring as many as we want? Hearts, the "big team" would give us the opportunity to have more fans in the away end than they do in the home end? At an Edinburgh derby?

This isn't Aberdeen or rangers rocking up. This is the club they've got more hatred for than love for their own club!!

I can't see it.

And if they did give us x amount above our usual allocation I'd tell them to ram it unless there's a guarantee we will benefit financially from it also. There's no chance imo that they're not earning SOMETHING from this venture.

They could open this up to all and make it a spectacle for Edinburgh football and a FU to Glasgow but imo they won't.

We've been outnumbered > 10:1 at ibrox and parkhead and won.

**** hearts

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 05:24 PM
What bit are you not sure about? I reckoned approx 15k each what is so difficult to understand?

You reckon for a Derby at Murrayfield over Christmas that there would be 1,000 only walk ups that isn't Hibs fans aye? No danger it wouldn't be half and half, don't kid yourself.

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 05:27 PM
I have no idea about the arrangement hearts have in place with the SRU. However:

Do people genuinely believe hearts would simply just allow us to bring as many as we want? Hearts, the "big team" would give us the opportunity to have more fans in the away end than they do in the home end? At an Edinburgh derby?

This isn't Aberdeen or rangers rocking up. This is the club they've got more hatred for than love for their own club!!

I can't see it.

And if they did give us x amount above our usual allocation I'd tell them to ram it unless there's a guarantee we will benefit financially from it also. There's no chance imo that they're not earning SOMETHING from this venture.

They could open this up to all and make it a spectacle for Edinburgh football and a FU to Glasgow but imo they won't.

We've been outnumbered > 10:1 at ibrox and parkhead and won.

**** hearts

Budge cares about one thing more than anything, money. This extra matches are paying the ****s stand off.

Like I said if they offer us more than 3,500 we should get the extra income.

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2017, 05:39 PM
All this lining their pockets pish really gets on my nerves. You're paying to go and watch Hibs at an away game nothing else. Have folk forgotten that renting one stadium whilst you own another you are paying for is hardly likely to be a lucrative venture.

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 05:47 PM
All this lining their pockets pish really gets on my nerves. You're paying to go and watch Hibs at an away game nothing else. Have folk forgotten that renting one stadium whilst you own another you are paying for is hardly likely to be a lucrative venture.

Hearts said their stadium would be complete in a September, they are now exploiting the goodwill of the game and ripping the pish to line their pockets. They will be strengthening over this and it doesn't sit right to enhance this further by pocketing them a very tasty amount.

If this was a one off then perhaps but why are swindling arse holes who rip the arse out of stuff like this all the time.

houstonhibbee
16-10-2017, 06:00 PM
You reckon for a Derby at Murrayfield over Christmas that there would be 1,000 only walk ups that isn't Hibs fans aye? No danger it wouldn't be half and half, don't kid yourself.

I'm not sure what you are saying is wrong
How many hibs fans and hearts fans do you think would attend bearing in mind not all season ticket holders will be able to attend?

B.H.F.C
16-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Spot on. The fact that some people seem to care more about what is going in and out of Hearts bank account than supporting their own team baffles me.

As you say, how much they are 'making' from this is all total guesswork anyway. They'll obviously be taking a hell of a lot extra in through ticket sales. But rent, the additional construction costs etc will be swallowing a fair amount of that up.

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure what you are saying is wrong
How many hibs fans and hearts fans do you think would attend bearing in mind not all season ticket holders will be able to attend?

I'm not sure but what I do know over Xmas time an Edinburgh Derby that will line their pockets there will be loads more than 1,00 hearts walk ups. Probably 5-10,000 easily.

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Spot on. The fact that some people seem to care more about what is going in and out of Hearts bank account than supporting their own team baffles me.

As you say, how much they are 'making' from this is all total guesswork anyway. They'll obviously be taking a hell of a lot extra in through ticket sales. But rent, the additional construction costs etc will be swallowing a fair amount of that up.

It's not about supporting hibs, it's about assisting rip the arse out the whole thing.

Don't come greetin' about their cheating in that case when they offer more wages than us next summer when they should pay paying the price for building a new stand and playing under limited capacit.

B.H.F.C
16-10-2017, 06:16 PM
It's not about supporting hibs, it's about assisting rip the arse out the whole thing.

Don't come greetin' about their cheating in that case when they offer more wages than us next summer when they should pay paying the price for building a new stand and playing under limited capacit.

Nonsence. You're basing your whole argument on something that is totally hypothetical and unsubstantiated. You don't even know what they are making from it.

Sad day when football fans are more concerned by another teams finances than supporting their own team on the pitch.

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Nonsence. You're basing your whole argument on something that is totally hypothetical and unsubstantiated. You don't even know what they are making from it.

Sad day when football fans are more concerned by another teams finances than supporting their own team on the pitch.

Fair enough. Like I said, one off then I would be up for it but they are ripping the arse out the situation and **** assisting them building as a club.

Smartie
16-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Budge cares about one thing more than anything, money. This extra matches are paying the ****s stand off.

Like I said if they offer us more than 3,500 we should get the extra income.

What, even more than cars and Simon Murray?

Baldy Foghorn
16-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Fair enough. Like I said, one off then I would be up for it but they are ripping the arse out the situation and **** assisting them building as a club.

Do you go to the piggery when we play them?

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2017, 06:46 PM

Maybe the longer it drags on the tougher financially it gets for them, have you thought of that?

McD
16-10-2017, 06:51 PM
[/B]

That would be a desirable outcome.

Hearts are on record saying they are making money from the Murrayfield games (overall).

Where?

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Do you go to the piggery when we play them?

When I get the chance, of course. They are normal circumstances.

Baldy Foghorn
16-10-2017, 06:54 PM
When I get the chance, of course. They are normal circumstances.

Still funding them though

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Maybe the longer it drags on the tougher financially it gets for them, have you thought of that?

Can't see it but let's hope so.

Firestarter
16-10-2017, 07:03 PM

I get that mate and I'll probably be a hypocrite and hit to Murrayfield but the whole thing stinks if it goes ahead.

Baldy Foghorn
16-10-2017, 07:38 PM
I get that mate and I'll probably be a hypocrite and hit to Murrayfield but the whole thing stinks if it goes ahead.

It's a scenario that shouldn't be happening, but if more Hibs fans want to go and get that chance, then fine.

Where did Celtc play when there ground was being done up?

SuperAllyMcleod
16-10-2017, 07:45 PM
My mum regularly asks me if there is a match on this week and if I say yes she asks who’s playing. My answer is always the same - ‘Hibs’. It makes no difference to me who they are playing, or where, it’s Hibs I’m interested in.

I haven’t missed a Hibs game at the PBS for over thirty years and I’ll be heading to Murrayfield if we need to play there.

However, as when I go to the PBS, I will purchase nothing when I get there - no programme, no pie and no drinks. I have to give them my ticket money, I don’t have to give them anything extra and I suspect many on here who don’t want to give any cash to the Yams think nothing of spending an additional few quid at the kiosks.

Can you imagine the cost to them if 15,000 Hibbies turned up and didn’t spend any additional cash? They would have already laid out a small fortune on stuff that would have to be chucked.

So, for those swithering wether to go or not - this may be the compromise. Just a suggestion. [emoji3]

Dashing Bob S
16-10-2017, 07:48 PM
My mum regularly asks me if there is a match on this week and if I say yes she asks who’s playing. My answer is always the same - ‘Hibs’. It makes no difference to me who they are playing, or where, it’s Hibs I’m interested in.

I haven’t missed a Hibs game at the PBS for over thirty years and I’ll be heading to Murrayfield if we need to play there.

However, as when I go to the PBS, I will purchase nothing when I get there - no programme, no pie and no drinks. I have to give them my ticket money, I don’t have to give them anything extra and I suspect many on here who don’t want to give any cash to the Yams think nothing of spending an additional few quid at the kiosks.

Can you imagine the cost to them if 15,000 Hibbies turned up and didn’t spend any additional cash? They would have already laid out a small fortune on stuff that would have to be chucked.

So, for those swithering wether to go or not - this may be the compromise. Just a suggestion. [emoji3]

Capital idea.

weecounty hibby
16-10-2017, 07:50 PM
It's a scenario that shouldn't be happening, but if more Hibs fans want to go and get that chance, then fine.

They played a full season at Hampden. And that for me is the difference. A FULL season. Every team played against them there. Not just Rangers for a big crowd. They may or may not have made money out of it but at least they weren't allowed to pick and choose the big games and big crowds to at there

weecounty hibby
16-10-2017, 07:52 PM
FWIW I would probably go if it was at Murrayfield but it would seriously still boil my pish at the thought that they were profiteering due to their total mismanagement of a fairly straightforward project

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 10:03 PM

They played at Hampden for a whole season i think - mid 90s?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 10:04 PM

Youre right, but the point woyld be that is normal and also reciprocated by them coming to easter road.

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2017, 10:04 PM
They played at Hampden for a whole season i think - mid 90s?

Aye they did. Was it 1995-96?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Im happy to accept that the majority disagree with the OP.

Fair enough, hopefully it doesnt come to that anyway.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Aye they did. Was it 1995-96?

I just remember we played them there is our green and purple stripes, and i think mark mcgraw scored in a 2-2 draw, but i maybe talking pish.

I think they signed van hooijdonk when they played there too.

Hiber-nation
17-10-2017, 06:41 AM
I just remember we played them there is our green and purple stripes, and i think mark mcgraw scored in a 2-2 draw, but i maybe talking pish.

I think they signed van hooijdonk when they played there too.

You are correct, 1994-95. Pat McGinlay scored the other one.

Not In The Know
17-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Where?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172493-hmsa-monthly-meeting-with-ann-budge/&do=findComment&comment (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172493-hmsa-monthly-meeting-with-ann-budge/&do=findComment&comment=6278133)

Q1 ? We have three games at Murrayfield, will they cost us money, will we break even or will we make money?

Ann ? Our expectation was that we would lose money by having to play these games at Murrayfield. However, due to excellent ticket sales for the Aberdeen games (over 24k) we actually made a decent profit (more than we would have had the game been played at Tynecastle).

Geo_1875
17-10-2017, 08:19 AM
In reply to the OP, we should take as many tickets as we are offered and pack the place out.

My concern is that they have lied from day one. They knew how long it would take to build the stand. They knew they didn't have the money to complete it within that timescale. They knew they would be playing at Murrayfield until next year. They didn't want to play by the rules as everybody else has to. They should have played a full round of matches (or two) at Murrayfield but couldn't bring themselves to tell the truth. They would make money from playing Hibs, Celtc, The Rangers at Murrayfield but Killie, Partick and Ross County will cost them big time.

Firestarter
17-10-2017, 08:29 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172493-hmsa-monthly-meeting-with-ann-budge/&do=findComment&comment (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172493-hmsa-monthly-meeting-with-ann-budge/&do=findComment&comment=6278133)

Q1 ? We have three games at Murrayfield, will they cost us money, will we break even or will we make money?

Ann ? Our expectation was that we would lose money by having to play these games at Murrayfield. However, due to excellent ticket sales for the Aberdeen games (over 24k) we actually made a decent profit (more than we would have had the game been played at Tynecastle).

Expected to lose money? Aye so they did. That's why they swapped the matches with the likes of Kilmarnock but asked to play the Huns and the sheep there. We nieve Ann thought they would lost cash, utter pish. No, they would have lost money playing in front of theee stands like we done, twice.

Bristolhibby
17-10-2017, 10:46 AM
As I said earlier, work is waaaay behind schedule. Straight from a horses mouth (and he was a Jambo).

It’s mid / late October and not a peep in progress. Have the seats even turned up? That’s not to mention fitting out, catering, sprinkler systems, tannoy systems, safety inspections, fire inspections, railings, etc.

My guess is after the January break and we will be the last game at Murrayfield. Let’s pack it out and get the place bouncing.

J

Not In The Know
17-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I have just checked Homfc fixtures and their extended run of re-arranged home fixtures is "coincidently" interrupted on Dec 23rd, this is the date for Edinburgh rugby to play Glasgow at Murrayfield.

They have known all along it will be after the winter break before the stand was ready. This false completion date was the only way to fleece their fans out of paying for season tickets nearly 6 months ago. Its all about the cash flow....