PDA

View Full Version : Malky Mackay for Scotland

Colr
14-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Racist, sexist, bullying homophobe or good ol’ boy?

What could possibly go wrong?

What do you think?

fat freddy
14-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Read the texts he sent which resulted in him losing his job down south.

Not for me. You dont lose those views, he is an unrepentant racist.

Hibernia&Alba
14-10-2017, 06:40 AM
I personally think it's shameful. I'm not saying the man should never work again, but being manager of the national team is an honour, and his past conduct should make him unfit for the role, even on a temporary basis.

Elephant Stone
14-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Loads of nice white faces for him to work with, should be a good fit. Nice one, SFA. :thumbsup:

Aldo
14-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Not for me tbh!

sleeping giant
14-10-2017, 08:30 AM

Dearly me . How the hell do you know that he is unrepentant

bigwheel
14-10-2017, 09:15 AM

From the Guardian...

“Out of 10,000 text messages out of someone’s phone, I sent three. That being the case, looking at them, they are completely unacceptable and inappropriate; for any offence caused I sincerely apologise. That’s something I did and there is no excuse for that. I did it in a period when I was under immense pressure and stress in terms of the relationships that were not going too well at my football club at the time,” Mackay told Sky Sports. “I’m a manager, I’m a leader of people and it shouldn’t have happened. But I am a human being and I made a mistake. I am no racist, I am no sexist, I am no homophobe and I’m not antisemitic. It’s the people that don’t know me that I have to convince.

“It was someone else’s phone that a vast array of private texts were lifted from, in and out of the phone. I’ve received some, the three that I sent are what I’m accountable for. What I’ve done here has been stupid and made a mistake in three texts. These are testing times but I’ve got values and resilience. I will come back from this.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-10-2017, 09:24 AM
He's scheduled to be in charge for one game. He's a former manager on our staff. Makes sense.

This high horse a lot are on is embarrassing. The number of huns I seen tweeting outrage but openly post religious hatred is embarrassing. Hibs and hearts fans openly sang about the other set being gay. Skacel is also apparently a refugee (didnt LG get caught singing this?) whilst we celebrate Wallace Mercer being dead.

And that's only 3 clubs I've covered.

What he done was wrong, he has accepted that and by the article above clearly regrets and apologetic over his actions.

Should he be judged on these handful of messages for the rest of his career by people who in reality aren't squeaky clean? Not in my opinion

I realise this probably won't go down well but they're my views.

O'Rourke3
14-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Personally I'd pass. Not because people who make mistakes can't reform but this event will be in every report and every press conference when things don't go to plan. If this appointment is made permanent it's doomed to failure. Big "bung" Sam - same thing. Wally and Brolly etc. Even Davie Moyes and the "slap". All right up there with Ratners.

fat freddy
14-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Dearly me . How the hell do you know that he is unrepentant

I dont, I just wrote it to see if I could lure an apologist for a racist out of the woodwork.

I believe ingrained racism requires more than a public apology and a brief re education programme to erase the mindset from someones personality.

hibbydog
14-10-2017, 09:27 AM
I can accept his apology and remorse.

I just don’t think he’s a good enough manager to be in charge of Scotland

SirDavidsNapper
14-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Is this a rumour or something more? Hope not

Andy74
14-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Is this a rumour or something more? Hope not

He’s been made interim manager.

SirDavidsNapper
14-10-2017, 09:38 AM
He’s been made interim manager.Jesus wept

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fat freddy
14-10-2017, 09:48 AM
A wee reminder of the guys mindset prior to his Road to Damascus enlightenment when he got caught.

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung:

'*** chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On Phil Smith, football agent:

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On a list of transfer targets:

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a player's female agent:

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On an official at another club:

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

...and sent to members of Cardiff's staff

A picture entitled Black Monopoly - where every square was a "Go to Jail" square

JimboHibs
14-10-2017, 10:01 AM
A wee reminder of the guys mindset prior to his Road to Damascus enlightenment when he got caught.

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

A picture entitled Black Monopoly - where every square was a "Go to Jail" square

Ok

Eyrie
14-10-2017, 10:06 AM
From the Guardian...

“Out of 10,000 text messages out of someone’s phone, I sent three. That being the case, looking at them, they are completely unacceptable and inappropriate; for any offence caused I sincerely apologise. That’s something I did and there is no excuse for that. I did it in a period when I was under immense pressure and stress in terms of the relationships that were not going too well at my football club at the time,” Mackay told Sky Sports. “I’m a manager, I’m a leader of people and it shouldn’t have happened. But I am a human being and I made a mistake. I am no racist, I am no sexist, I am no homophobe and I’m not antisemitic. It’s the people that don’t know me that I have to convince.

“It was someone else’s phone that a vast array of private texts were lifted from, in and out of the phone. I’ve received some, the three that I sent are what I’m accountable for. What I’ve done here has been stupid and made a mistake in three texts. These are testing times but I’ve got values and resilience. I will come back from this.”

In summary - "I'm sorry I got caught, so here's a carefully worded piece of PR and I'll be more careful who I text such things to in future".

Hibernia&Alba
14-10-2017, 10:08 AM

A walloper. He wasn't just a kid being ironic either; it wasn't satire, he meant it.

bigwheel
14-10-2017, 10:32 AM
There's nothing like a scandal to bring out the "perfect" human beings on dot net....it was indeed disgusting what Mackay texted...quite unbelievable really for a grown man to have those sexist and racist views . on here though, football people seemingly are not allowed to make mistakes and then go through the learning process and redeem themselves in their career. I wonder where that attitude would fit in the "nice person" attributes..

KeithTheHibby
14-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Interim manager nothing more. Michael O’Neill to take over once NI fate is decided in the play offs.

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Interim manager nothing more. Michael O’Neill to take over once NI fate is decided in the play offs.

and the SFA will buy out his remaining 3 year contract that's worth 500k/year ?

hibsdaft
14-10-2017, 11:29 AM
as a rule of thumb, if your supporters feel the need to have difficult discussions about the appropriateness of a major signing or appointment, its probably not going to be a good idea.

there are plenty of managers out there who would not generate the division and dispirit that will result with this appointment. as an organisation under strain already, i find it utterly bizarre that the SFA would set themselves up for this unnecessary fight.

as is normally the case in these situations, the question in my view is not about whether someone deserves a second chance or is employable, but whether it is appropriate for a given high profile sporting organisation with a reputation to maintain and supporters to be accountable to. given the ramifications, for me it clearly isn't. if an appointment is going to lead to potential division and controversy amongst players and supporters and tarnish an organisation's reputation in the eyes of many, how can it be the right appointment?

leither17
14-10-2017, 11:55 AM
I don’t care what he has said he just isn’t a very good manager

jacomo
14-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Racist, sexist, bullying homophobe or good ol’ boy?

What could possibly go wrong?

What do you think?

Let's hope no one asks him a question about genetics cos it could get pretty ugly.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2017, 01:26 PM
You **** one sheep ...

I'm_cabbaged
14-10-2017, 01:48 PM
He doesn't want it anyway.

sleeping giant
14-10-2017, 02:23 PM
I dont, I just wrote it to see if I could lure an apologist for a racist out of the woodwork.

How did you get on with that ?

Dashing Bob S
14-10-2017, 02:54 PM
A bit of harmless banter and here we go, the moaning Minnies of the PC brigade are up in arms again. I despair for this country and all I can pray is that Brexit gives us back our bloody spine.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2017, 03:20 PM
A bit of harmless banter and here we go, the moaning Minnies of the PC brigade are up in arms again. I despair for this country and all I can pray is that Brexit gives us back our bloody spine.

:hilarious

Stop it...

hibsbollah
14-10-2017, 04:35 PM

The voice of reason that is Bob:agree:

Jones28
14-10-2017, 04:39 PM

The guy is a throbber, if anyone needed any more proof it's here.

neil7908
14-10-2017, 05:05 PM
I don't get how anyone would want Strachan out and be happy with Mackay coming in.

Even taking away his texts (not saying we should) is he really the best we can get?

hibbycraig
14-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Anya and philips have no chance now.

Firestarter
14-10-2017, 05:13 PM
I don't get how anyone would want Strachan out and be happy with Mackay coming in.

Even taking away his texts (not saying we should) is he really the best we can get?

There's no danger he will get the role.

Firestarter
14-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Anya and philips have no chance now.

Good, they are both *****.

DavieRoy
14-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Scotland fans boo England's national anthem and talk about hating the English. Banter or racist? That is a question, not an opinion. Regardless, it is disrespectful. Maybe those who are happy to boo shouldn't take the moral high ground. Saying that, what he did and say was bad.

fat freddy
14-10-2017, 09:50 PM
How did you get on with that ?

I was hungover and just responded to the first thread I saw, dont know if my response was one I'd use when sober as I usually avoid contentious issues on football forums. I apologise for the insinuation, it was a bit naughty. Bottom line for me is Malky McKay is a bit of a fud and should be nowhere mear the Scotland job or the job he has at SFA.
John Collins is my choice

Hibbyradge
14-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Scotland fans boo England's national anthem and talk about hating the English. Banter or racist? That is a question, not an opinion. Regardless, it is disrespectful. Maybe those who are happy to boo shouldn't take the moral high ground. Saying that, what he did and say was bad.

GSTQ shouldn't be England's anthem

Isn't that why it's booed?

Colr
14-10-2017, 10:58 PM

The English aren’t a race.

They are a shower.

ballengeich
14-10-2017, 11:04 PM
I was hungover and just responded to the first thread I saw, dont know if my response was one I'd use when sober as I usually avoid contentious issues on football forums. I apologise for the insinuation, it was a bit naughty. Bottom line for me is Malky McKay is a bit of a fud and should be nowhere mear the Scotland job or the job he has at SFA.
John Collins is my choice
You were doing well until the last sentence.

EskbankHibby
14-10-2017, 11:18 PM
First step has already been made.

Bottom line is that if he wins all his games in charge as 'caretaker' that's it, he gets the gig.

Can you imagine, as the SFA, introducing Sam Allardyce (place any other name here), who costs millions, when the interim gaffer has won all 4 or 5 on the bounce?

SFA have already decided that he is an appropriate and capable manger for Scotland. His CV will say 'I managed Scotland'.

Think we all need to accept that the SFA may view racism and homophobia slightly differently than others.

To be clear I see an enormous difference between what you say/text and what you do but, personally, I wouldn't put an individual with his history in the highest profile job you can get in Scottish football. Even on a temporary basis.

I'm all for 2nd chances but I thought that's what we gave him anyway in his current role?

pacorosssco
14-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Regan wont risk giving mckay job as puts a light on him. Hes overseen 4 fails to qualify and he needs to go more than anyone. I expect a fans friendly appointment. Lambert or Moyes. Id give Stubbs a go 114 years well 20 be easy. Hell never get it.