View Full Version : Ice hockey

Stuart93
11-10-2017, 05:49 PM
For any ST holders, £5 tickets to see the Edinburgh capitals

http://www.edcapitals.com

wookie70
11-10-2017, 07:31 PM

I'll pop along to one of the games with my camera.

Jonnyboy
11-10-2017, 07:31 PM

I might pop along one of these nights.

Some time back, my son and I were regular attenders at Murrayfield Racers games, enjoying watching the likes of Tony and Paul Hand, Chris Kelland, Scott Neil, Rick Fera, Moray Hanson and the likes. Games against the Flyers were epic :greengrin

theonlywayisup
11-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Am I missing something?

MichelleHibs
11-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Some time back, my son and I were regular attenders at Murrayfield Racers games, enjoying watching the likes of Tony and Paul Hand, Chris Kelland, Scott Neil, Rick Fera, Moray Hanson and the likes. Games against the Flyers were epic :greengrin

Moray was married to my mums cousin so the family were at a few racers games. I've had the kids at a few caps games, mainly the Hogmanay fixture 😀

Galahibby
11-10-2017, 08:39 PM

Jings, that takes me back longer than I care to think about. Could never quite bring myself to buy one of their scarves though...

Hibernia&Alba
11-10-2017, 08:57 PM
I remember watching the ice hockey on Grandstand as a kid. Used to love the punch ups :greengrin

Jonnyboy
11-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Jings, that takes me back longer than I care to think about. Could never quite bring myself to buy one of their scarves though...

:greengrin

Chris Kelland was our all time hero even though it was Tony Hand that got all the plaudits :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2017, 11:36 PM

I used to go back in those days too, great entertainment. (Ice Hockey in winter, Speedway in summer).

SirDavidsNapper
12-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Mon the Flyers

SJNB Hibby
12-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Go Leads Go

Sorry, couldn't help it
Hopefully no Habs fans out there

SJNB Hibby
12-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Go Leads Go

Sorry, couldn't help it
Hopefully no Habs fans out there

Leafs
Damn Predictive spelling

monktonharp
12-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Leafs
Damn Predictive spellingnot a hockey fan, but my Canadian cuz was a player, and ref. he took me to see team Canada v team Sweden a long time ago. amazing game, and I was watching the Great Gretzky in the flesh in the old Maple Leaf garden I think.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-10-2017, 05:51 AM
I used to go back in those days too, great entertainment. (Ice Hockey in winter, Speedway in summer).

Me and my pal used to go. Wed hang about outside dressing room to try and get sticks and pucks. Onve got Hilton Ruggles broken stick, was well chuffed!

theonlywayisup
12-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Confused.com

Why is this on the Hibs football forum?

CallumLaidlaw
12-10-2017, 06:46 AM
Confused.com

Why is this on the Hibs football forum?

Because hibs season ticket holders get a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
12-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Because hibs season ticket holders get a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which takes us back to the first post?

Okay I'll be a bit clearer in my posts?

Where is this reported? I don't see anything on the Hibs website. I don't see anything when I search on my phone. Might be operator error though.

Is it for one game? For the season?

Maybe a link might help remove my confusion.

eastcoasthibby
12-10-2017, 07:13 AM
As a frequent attender at "Caps" games this is a cracking deal ..£12 saving ... usually really good entertainment !!

Fuzzywuzzy
12-10-2017, 07:19 AM

Should come up on main sceen

theonlywayisup
12-10-2017, 07:26 AM

Should come up on main sceen

Brilliant - sounds like a very good offer and only available for the next two games. Unfortunately I'm away on holiday for both.

Confused.com no more!!!

Fuzzywuzzy
12-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Season tickets are pretty expensive. Thought they would be cheaper than that!!

lord bunberry
12-10-2017, 07:47 AM
I remember watching the ice hockey on Grandstand as a kid. Used to love the punch ups :greengrin
I used to watch that as well. The finals used to be in London, it was quite a big thing back then.

franks
12-10-2017, 08:06 AM
For anyone swithering I'd recomend it. There was a time when the hockey was almost as important to me as the football although Hibs did win out. Still attend but not every game and football is now well established as my first love.

SChibs
12-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Can you buy beer at the games or take any in? Not overly fussed but I'll take a bit of extra cash if I can buy a beer

The_Sauz
12-10-2017, 11:28 AM

You could add Chris Palmer and Mike Ware to that lot :greengrin

The_Sauz
12-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Mon the Flyers
Booooooooooooooooooooo :na na:

The_Sauz
12-10-2017, 11:33 AM
I used to watch that as well. The finals used to be in London, it was quite a big thing back then.
The Wembley weekend was drink fest :party::drunk:

The_Sauz
12-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Only been back to Murrayfield since the real Racers folded once! My oldman still goes (sad old git :greengrin)
Richard Stirling and Billy Dunbar along with Scott (The Jambo) Neil are a bunch of money grabbing sod's :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2017, 04:36 PM

I seem to remember liking Luc Beausoleil towards the end of the time I was going and Paul Heavey could always be relied on for a scrap. I can vaguely remember going to the ice speedway at Murrayfield about 30 years ago too (not a patch on the outdoor version from mainland Europe).

cabbageandribs1875
12-10-2017, 05:03 PM
does paul and tony hand still play :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2017, 05:55 PM

The only team I remember really well was Fife Flyers. I think there was Nottingham Panthers, and I seem to recall Belfast had a team. Can't really remember any of the others. Was Whitley Bay one?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2017, 06:07 PM
The only team I remember really well was Fife Flyers. I think there was Nottingham Panthers, and I seem to recall Belfast had a team. Can't really remember any of the others. Was Whitley Bay one?

Aye, Ayr, Dundee, Durham, Streatham to name but a few.

Jonnyboy
12-10-2017, 07:48 PM
I seem to remember liking Luc Beausoleil towards the end of the time I was going and Paul Heavey could always be relied on for a scrap. I can vaguely remember going to the ice speedway at Murrayfield about 30 years ago too (not a patch on the outdoor version from mainland Europe).

Yeah, wee Luc was a buzzbomb and a very good player. Paul was a total bruiser and very effective with it :greengrin

Jock Hay was a player my son and I dubbed "The Leaner" because his habit was to lean hard on the opposition player that had the puck. Different approach to Paul but very effective :greengrin

PS Apologies to anyone wondering why we're talking about Ice Hockey on a football forum. At least two of the players mentioned favoured Hibs :wink:

LancashireHibby
12-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Me and my pal used to go. Wed hang about outside dressing room to try and get sticks and pucks. Onve got Hilton Ruggles broken stick, was well chuffed!
Hilton Ruggles-related fun fact of the day. When he was playing for Manchester Storm, I saw him feature as a 'warrior' in the short-lived ITV Saturday game show 'Ice Warriors' (think Gladiators on ice) when watching one of the shows being filmed at Manchester Arena.

ancient hibee
12-10-2017, 08:16 PM
I must be getting old.They were Murrayfield Royals when I went.

Just Jimmy
12-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Dye in the wool Flyers fan. Watch the Storm now I'm in Manchester. I'll watch the Scottish teams when they come down but this is good deal. Go along and try it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-10-2017, 09:30 PM

Bracknell Bees i remember

Saturday Boy
12-10-2017, 09:36 PM
I must be getting old.They were Murrayfield Royals when I went.

Gosh, you must be as old as my mother.

She still talks about Don Busch and Nebby Thrasher.

We used to go in the 1970s, when Derek Riley was the main man.

Smartie
13-10-2017, 06:52 AM
My second cousins are both goaltenders, one for the Flyers and the other for Swindon.

They're also both Jambos, so I suspect having 6 fingers on each hand must help stopping the puck go in.

It's a brilliant sport to watch live. Fast, big impact, you can get a beer between periods.

BigKev
13-10-2017, 06:57 AM
Can you buy beer at the games or take any in? Not overly fussed but I'll take a bit of extra cash if I can buy a beer

Yeah, you can go to the bar before the game and at the end of each period.

MKHIBEE
13-10-2017, 07:00 AM
Not a big fan of the game but I went to watch Sovsn Bratislava play St Petersburg about a year ago.
There was a full house of some 11,000 which was about 10 times the crowd the football team got 2 days before. Every seat had a Slovan scarf on it and everyone stayed to the end even though St Petersburg won 6.0. All in all an enjoyable evening with cheap food and beer

Albanian Hibs
13-10-2017, 07:21 AM
I would have taken my son along but we are on holiday. Shame.

Hibs_SW
14-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Really good offer big saving as someone else said further up. If anyone looking for something a bit different definitely worth it. I have a caps season ticket on a Sunday and one at ER the saturday. We got into it more as a family as my wee boy started playing for the murrrayfield juniors under 10 team and last season and loves it. Boo fife flyers 😉