PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell away (28th October)

BegbieHSC
11-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Just realised that on the same day we are travelling for Motherwell away (probably most by train,) that at least 14,000 huns from that same direction will be descending on our city.

Should make Haymarket/Waverley/Motherwell train stations fun places to be...

cabbageandribs1875
11-10-2017, 03:35 PM
wee huns v big huns is a 12:30 KO

and i'l be using the car :)

SouthMoroccoStu
11-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Just realised that on the same day we are travelling for Motherwell away (probably most by train,) that at least 14,000 huns from that same direction will be descending on our city.

I'm still amazed the Edinburgh Police (Police Scotland) are allowing hearts to give the huns such a big away allocation.

It's bad enough dealing with 3000 of them

Hopefully they'll get the same short sharp treatment we get when we travel west, but I won't hold my breath

Frazerbob
11-10-2017, 04:05 PM

"probably most by train" Really? I'd have thought a small minority usually travel by train to away days.

JJP
11-10-2017, 04:19 PM
A lot will probably be from Edinburgh and the surrounding towns anyway.

TheGreenMan
11-10-2017, 04:21 PM
When are tickets on sale for this?

Hermit Crab
11-10-2017, 04:23 PM
When are tickets on sale for this?

On sale? The Rangers have sold out all 14,100 tickets. Oh you mean ours for Motherwell? Probably find its a PATG match. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
11-10-2017, 04:39 PM
On sale? The Rangers have sold out all 14,100 tickets. Oh you mean ours for Motherwell? Probably find its a PATG match. :greengrin

It was for Hearts at Motherwell recently
Wonder when will they announce ticket details for Killie away on 31st October
Come on HC, you’re usually the man in the know

Hermit Crab
11-10-2017, 04:59 PM
It was for Hearts at Motherwell recently
Wonder when will they announce ticket details for Killie away on 31st October
Come on HC, you’re usually the man in the know

I would expect that to be a PATG as well.

Hibernia&Alba
11-10-2017, 08:03 PM

Have they sold them all, aye? It will be one big sash bash.

Hermit Crab
11-10-2017, 11:25 PM
Have they sold them all, aye? It will be one big sash bash.

Yeah they have sold them all.

Dashing Bob S
11-10-2017, 11:30 PM
How many Yams will be there?

monktonharp
12-10-2017, 01:07 AM
I would expect that to be a PATG as well.that will definitely be pay at the gate. what would be the point, of tickets for Killie? would likely make less numbers to go. imho

Nakedmanoncrack
12-10-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm still amazed the Edinburgh Police (Police Scotland) are allowing hearts to give the huns such a big away allocation.

It's bad enough dealing with 3000 of them

Hopefully they'll get the same short sharp treatment we get when we travel west, but I won't hold my breath

Do you want to live in a state where the police decide attendances?

The police 'allow' 50,000 of them to gather in Glasgow every other week, don't see why they would have a problem with 14,000 of them in Edinburgh, and if there's any problems its their job to deal with it.

essexhibee
25-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Hopefully following yesterdays wonderful victory we can take a massive following Saturday :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Hopefully following yesterdays wonderful victory we can take a massive following Saturday :thumbsup:

Going to a match because you think your team's going to win is a terrible excuse. :wink:

Carheenlea
25-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Regardless of the outcome of tonight's matches, Saturday is another huge game with plenty at stake. A win keeps us in touch with those above us with s chance to cement that further with a game against Killie next midweek. A 3pm Saturday at Motherwellbus always an appealing one for Hibs fans, but with the feel good factor from last night and the fact it's a top 6 clash should see a bumper following behind the goal. Can't wait.

7Hero
25-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Thinking of taking the wee guy to this, does anybody know if the tickets are allocated seats if bought online ?

Keith_M
25-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Going to a match because you think your team's going to win is a terrible excuse. :wink:

Nearly as bad as not bothering cos you think they'll probably lose.

:duck:

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Thinking of taking the wee guy to this, does anybody know if the tickets are allocated seats if bought online ?

Yes, you're allocated a Block, Row and Seat number with the tickets bought online, it will be the same if you PATG, you'll get a ticket with an allocated seat on it.

Carheenlea
25-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Decided to purchase in advance. Anticipate a large walk up for this one and saves a bit of queuing on the day.

jgl07
25-10-2017, 01:23 PM

Getting to Motherwell by train is a real pain, unless you can get a direct train and avoid a change of stations in Glasgow.

There is a direct train at 1:12 pm arriving at 1:53 pm.

Coming back is not so easy. There is one at 5:16 pm arriving at 6:00 pm, which is a bit tight. The next one does not leave until 7:16 pm.

The timing should avoid any visiting Huns.

essexhibee
25-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Getting to Motherwell by train is a real pain, unless you can get a direct train and avoid a change of stations in Glasgow.

There is a direct train at 1:12 pm arriving at 1:53 pm.

Coming back is not so easy. There is one at 5:16 pm arriving at 6:00 pm, which is a bit tight. The next one does not leave until 7:16 pm.

The timing should avoid any visiting Huns.

How long is the walk from the ground to the station? I know I could google map it but they have you walking at a snails pace. If the match finishes around 4:50/55 that likely to be enough time to walk at a fast pace?

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 01:45 PM
How long is the walk from the ground to the station? I know I could google map it but they have you walking at a snails pace. If the match finishes around 4:50/55 that likely to be enough time to walk at a fast pace?

About ten minute walk. Cutting it fine.

PONGO
25-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Come on guys let's take a huge away support to this game 🇳🇬🇳🇬

frazeHFC
25-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Always one of the better trips, but first time by train on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Keith_M
25-10-2017, 05:01 PM

They use to run football specials straight to Motherwell, in years gone by.

Funnily enough, they didn't actually get you there much quicker.

Iggy Pope
25-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Motherwell by train can be a great day. I vaguely remember us getting the wrong train home and finishing a top class session in Lockerbie.

GreenCastle
26-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Any update on tickets sold?

Lower tier only still ?

Looking forward to this.

Kaff
26-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Any recommendations for driving in/parking etc?
First time taking the car to a Motherwell game, if I remember right I saw a lot of Hibbees just using street parking last time I was there, is this as good as any? Thanks in advance

Hermit Crab
26-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Any update on tickets sold?

Lower tier only still ?

Looking forward to this.

Still only the lower tier for sale online.

BegbieHSC
26-10-2017, 10:40 AM
We're buying 5 tomorrow since it's payday.
I expect a few will be in that situation.

Carheenlea
26-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Any recommendations for driving in/parking etc?
First time taking the car to a Motherwell game, if I remember right I saw a lot of Hibbees just using street parking last time I was there, is this as good as any? Thanks in advance

There are very few restrictions for parking at Motherwell - one of the easier away days just a short journey from Edinburgh. Doesn't take me much longer to get to Fir Park than it does to Easter Road travelling from Peebles.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2017, 12:17 PM
There are very few restrictions for parking at Motherwell - one of the easier away days just a short journey from Edinburgh. Doesn't take me much longer to get to Fir Park than it does to Easter Road travelling from Peebles.

Used to always park in the industrial estate just before the ground, but last time most of it was coned off
Think there’s a college/school near our end of the ground. Anyone confirm?
Think there will be a decent crowd on Saturday, bigger Motherwell than usual, and the normal big Hibs support

GreenCastle
26-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Used to always park in the industrial estate just before the ground, but last time most of it was coned off
Think there will be a decent crowd on Saturday, bigger Motherwell than usual, and the normal big Hibs support

Should be a good game.

Motherwell impressed me earlier in the season and after their semi final win you would except a larger Home gate.

Hibs fans should attend to thank the players for the great derby win - hopefully fill the lower tier as a minimum.

Kaff
26-10-2017, 02:54 PM

Thanks, i'll just aim to get something in the streets close by

DunblaneHibby
26-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Will there be tickets on sale at fir park for hibs end?

Jones28
27-10-2017, 06:52 AM
Anyone know if the Hibs ticket office will be open on Saturday to collect tickets? Doesn't make it very clear on the website

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 06:57 AM

Yes the road that goes past the away stand has a school/college at the end of the road.

Hibee87
27-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Stokes and Swanson still out......Same team as the v them then. GGTTH

18Hibee75
27-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Will you be able to PATG at fir park?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
27-10-2017, 09:04 AM

Expect an announcement today at some point to confirm this. It's a big stand, but only bottom tier is being sold at present. The upper tier uses the same concourse for toilet/catering facilities so no reason whatsoever to not use upper tier on the day if required. Hibs always take a good crowd along to Fir Park, but few will have been in the habit of purchasing advance tickets in the past. A large walk up should be expected on the back of the derby win, and the fact the next game is a midweeker at Rugby Park. Imagine a lot of fans will see tomorrow as the more attractive option if having to choose between the two.

rebhar
27-10-2017, 09:29 AM

I just phoned the ticket office and they said you can PATG tomorrow

seanshow
27-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Motherwell have won 5 of their last 6 games which included 2 cup victories against aberdeen and the rangers,
They rested some players for their visit to dundee on wednesday and still left with a win.
And yet the bookies have us as pretty good favourites for this game? Hope they are right.

greenlex
27-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Has Moults missus had the sprog yet?