PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Kennedy

Iggy Pope
08-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Watching and bored, Gillingham v Portsmouth. Matthew Kennedy playing a starring role and a goal for Pompey at 1-0 up. I'm assuming its the same wee fellah. He looks to have filled out a bit. That Dundee Utd LC game seems such a long time ago.

NthCarolinaHibs
08-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Aye,same boy....looked sharp and miles ahead of the rest of them...

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Was decent when he played, Stubbs just didn't use wingers so he didn't play much.

brog
08-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Was decent when he played, Stubbs just didn't use wingers so he didn't play much.

Not really true. He was only on a 6 month loan, effectively 5 because of the New Year transfer window. He started 16 games in that time. AS wanted to extend his loan until the end of the season but Everton wouldn't oblige.

Glory Lurker
08-10-2017, 07:06 PM
I can barely remember us having him. It's incredible how little I can remember about that season, apart from the last game!

KWJ
08-10-2017, 07:09 PM
I can barely remember us having him. It's incredible how little I can remember about that season, apart from the last game!

Beating Rangers at home but going out on aggregate in the playoffs? 😕

IGRIGI
08-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Think I'm off to the doctors tomorrow as I have no idea who he is 😂

Glory Lurker
08-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Beating Rangers at home but going out on aggregate in the playoffs? 😕

Oh, was it the first season down there? It was mention of playing United in the league cup. Did we play them 14/15 too? Now I think about it, it's all a bit of a blur from the Hamilton penalties through to 21/05/16!

Billy Whizz
08-10-2017, 07:17 PM

Think he only stayed until the January. Started the season, but then we got off to a terrible start in the League, and lost his place.
Had the chance to knock Dundee Utd out the League Cup with his penalty.
Ridiculous the amount of money he’s moved on for though

Mr White
08-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Oh, was it the first season down there? It was mention of playing United in the league cup. Did we play them 14/15 too? Now I think about it, it's all a bit of a blur from the Hamilton penalties through to 21/05/16!

Yes we played them at ER in the league cup in seasons 14/15 and 15/16. We lost on penalties first time round with Matt Kennedy missing one from the spot IIRC. I think he also scored during the match which ended 3-3 after ET.

Glory Lurker
08-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Yes we played them at ER in the league cup in seasons 14/15 and 15/16. We lost on penalties first time round with Matt Kennedy missing one from the spot IIRC. I think he also scored during the match which ended 3-3 after ET.

Got it now, thanks. :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
08-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Not really true. He was only on a 6 month loan, effectively 5 because of the New Year transfer window. He started 16 games in that time. AS wanted to extend his loan until the end of the season but Everton wouldn't oblige.
He only started 6 games. Everton didn't oblige because he wasn't getting the game time due to us not playing wingers.

brog
08-10-2017, 09:11 PM
He only started 6 games. Everton didn't oblige because he wasn't getting the game time due to us not playing wingers.

We were in the middle of a run where we lost 1 game in 28 & thrashed Sevco 4-0. It was hard for anyone to break into the team at that time. Everton didn't extend his loan to us because they already had an offer for him & sold him to Cardiff for a couple of million. It was nothing to do with lack of game time.

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Not really true. He was only on a 6 month loan, effectively 5 because of the New Year transfer window. He started 16 games in that time. AS wanted to extend his loan until the end of the season but Everton wouldn't oblige.He didn't start anywhere near that many games. Hibs didn't play with wingers so he didn't play often.

My_Wife_Camille
08-10-2017, 10:19 PM
We were in the middle of a run where we lost 1 game in 28 & thrashed Sevco 4-0. It was hard for anyone to break into the team at that time. Everton didn't extend his loan to us because they already had an offer for him & sold him to Cardiff for a couple of million. It was nothing to do with lack of game time.
Of course it was hard to break into the team but that's not really the point. The point is that he barely played due to the fact Stubbs didn't play wingers. Stubbs himself admitted this.

"We changed formation to one which didn’t incorporate Matty. We felt it wouldn’t see the best of him, which is why he hasn’t started so much lately."