PDA

View Full Version : Hibs winning the league or Scotland winning the World Cup

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2017, 08:06 PM
If you had to choose one which would you chose?

both for me :agree:

silverhibee
07-10-2017, 08:09 PM

Is it a choice or not. :greengrin

Hibs winning the league for me. :flag:

edinburghhibee
07-10-2017, 08:09 PM
I think Scotland winning the world cups the bigger one. There's nothing bigger than the World Cup in my eyes. And the whole country would be a massive party for weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
07-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Is that not cheating - obviously it would be both.

If it really is one or the other, it's Scotland winning the World Cup every day of the week

bingo70
07-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Before 21/05/16 I'd have said hibs to win the league.

Now I think I'd love to experience a really good major tournament with Scotland, the whole country would be buzzing and thus would have a positive effect on hibs too.

Dunno if you've seen or read 'the van' that was set in Ireland around Italian 90 but it made me so jealous about the success the Irish have had.

tamig
07-10-2017, 08:11 PM
No contest. The Hibees every time. No question.

fat freddy
07-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Can I vote for Hibs to win The World Cup?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Scotland for me, I suppose if you ask the same question on the TAMB the two totals would be quite far apart. :-)

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Scotland winning the World Cup.

Hibs Class
07-10-2017, 08:26 PM
No contest. The Hibees every time. No question.

This. It isn't even close.

bobbyhibs1983
07-10-2017, 08:38 PM
hi
what a tough question.
having given it some thought, a few moments sadly, i think i d have hibs winning the league,
however i would want it to come down to the last day of the season.....

Now we are playing at home against the heartz, hibs win, we win the league and we do them 5-0 , how great would that be? :agree:

On the other hand, scotland vs england world cup final and scotland to win 2-3 nil?

i think i d stick with my hibs sernario above

SideBurns
07-10-2017, 08:39 PM
At the moment, only one of those dreams is achievable because only one of the two teams pick Paul Hanlon at centre half (see other thread, started by me, for relevance 😊)

stoneyburn hibs
07-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Ask again at 7pm tomorrow.

Ringothedog
07-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Hibernian winning the league

lord bunberry
07-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Hibs to win the league obviously. I love it when Scotland are doing well, but it's easier to get over it when their not.

nonshinyfinish
07-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Hibs.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Hibs to win the league for me every single time.

It's not even a debate for me.

scuttle
07-10-2017, 08:54 PM
How about a third option
Hibs winning a European trophy...which would be my choice

Firestarter
07-10-2017, 08:56 PM
World Cup.

Before 21/5/16 it would have been the Scottish Cup all day long mind. That feeling will never be beaten.

Saying that, is this a one off fantasy? Because if it isn't and we could use it to build for the future and become main players domestically up with celtc I change my vote.

EL Green
07-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Hibs :flag:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Scotland.

G B Young
07-10-2017, 09:06 PM

I'd take Hibs to beat Aberdeen next week over Scotland winning the World Cup. International football leaves me cold and international breaks are nothing but an unwanted irritation.

marinello59
07-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Hibs to win the league for me.

Eyrie
07-10-2017, 09:35 PM
My answer was Hibs immediately I saw the thread title.

Having opened the thread, read the responses and had time to think about it, my answer remains the same.

Lancs Harp
07-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Oh Hibs winning the title easily :wink:

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-10-2017, 09:50 PM
World Cup.

Before 21/5/16 it would have been the Scottish Cup all day long mind. That feeling will never be beaten.

Saying that, is this a one off fantasy? Because if it isn't and we could use it to build for the future and become main players domestically up with celtc I change my vote.

Same for me

Weir07
07-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Hibs to win the league without even a thought!

Ilovehibs
07-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Both are a thing of fantasy but would take my beloved Hibees winning the league every day of the week.

Not likely to happen unless Celtic move elsewhere but it would be incredible.

Mind, not sure anything will ever beat the elation of winning the Scottish Cup. Winning it again would be pretty good though.

Capt Mainwaring
07-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Not a difficult choice - Hibs League Champions every time 👍

RossScott1991
07-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Hibs scoring a last minute winner at Tynecastle to clinch the league title on the final day of the season for me.

hfc rd
07-10-2017, 10:20 PM
If the OP is saying both then I'm saying both as well 😏

Sherlock Jones
07-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Easy one for me. Hibs for the League title :flag:

DH1875
07-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Hibs winning the league and it ain't even close.

bigwheel
07-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Hibs all the way.....

monktonharp
07-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Hibernian, league champions every time. then we are in the champions league.!!

hibby6270
07-10-2017, 10:27 PM
As the GGTTH song says - (Hibs) we’re gonna win the Scottish flag.
Easy decision in my eyes.

Albanian Hibs
07-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Hibs every time.

Baader
07-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Would take Hibs winning the league just one season over Scotland winning the World Cup ad infinitum.

cocteautwin
07-10-2017, 10:45 PM
This is like asking would you like to win the meat raffle at your local bowling club or would you like to scoop the Euromillions? Adoration and history making remembered around the world for years in the future or winning a crappy league that no-one outside Scotland gives a monkeys about? Gotta be Scotland winning the World Cup.

Bostonhibby
I'd take the league as it's then another one we are the latest to win and the poppy thieves are chasing.

Problem I have with Scotland winning a theoretical world cup is that the achievement would quickly be denigrated by hearts declaring themselves winners of the intergalactic cup thus negating the benefit of winning the world cup.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
Scotland to win the WC...what a boost for Scottish football, the football fans of the world wouldn't blink an eye if hibs won the league....they would certainly notice Scotland winning the world cup....with multi-millions witnessing it...no brainer

jgl07
07-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Most Scotland supporters would settle for qualifying for the World Cup Finals.

Much as Hibs winning the Scottish Premiership is something of a fantasy, Scotland winning the World Cup a way longer shot. Almost on a par with Hibs winning the Europa League.

barcahibs
07-10-2017, 10:55 PM
I don't even really understand why its a question... Hibs.

Hibs winning the reserve league even.

I'd rather the Tennants sixes were brought back and Hibs won that. In fact, that occasion in the old tennants sixes where hibs were penalised for not letting celtc have the ball... I'd rather have that decision overturned and Hibs given the win than the Scotland team achieving anything.

GreenOnions
07-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Would take Hibs winning the league just one season over Scotland winning the World Cup ad infinitum.

Agreed. :agree:

Greencore
07-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Hibs.

R'Albin
07-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Hibs and it ain't even close.

monktonharp
07-10-2017, 11:08 PM
This is like asking would you like to win the meat raffle at your local bowling club or would you like to scoop the Euromillions? Adoration and history making remembered around the world for years in the future or winning a crappy league that no-one outside Scotland gives a monkeys about? Gotta be Scotland winning the World Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyou think you've Shanghaied us, but you've not .:wink:

Glory Lurker
07-10-2017, 11:09 PM
The experiences would be totally different. Hibs win the league, and the Hibs family would lose the plot in drunken jubilation for weeks on end. Scotland win the World Cup and it would be the whole country. I quite fancy the thought of nationwide carnage.

jarre1875
07-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Hibs always for me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

silverhibee
07-10-2017, 11:31 PM
How about a third option
Hibs winning a European trophy...which would be my choice

The Champions League would be in the bag after winning the league. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
07-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Hibs scoring a last minute winner at Ibrox to clinch the league title on the final day of the season for me. 2-3

Fixed that.

It would kill them. :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Hibs for me. I've actually enjoyed recent Scotland games and will watch the game tomorrow in the pub, but I'll never have the same enthusiasm as I do for Hibs games.

Squealing pig
07-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Hibs and not even close in my mind

houstonhibbee
08-10-2017, 12:44 AM
The Champions League would be in the bag after winning the league. :thumbsup:

World Cup v's winning champions league would make it more interesting
Back in our rightful place 😁

08-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Hibs. Think of the goading

08-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Imagine the European tour.

Man Down Under
08-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Scotland world cup for me, I think Hibs have a better chance of winning the league than Scotland do winning the world cup.

Hibs to win champions league would be better than Scotland to win he world cup though.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
08-10-2017, 04:31 AM
Scotland winning the World Cup might involve inadvertently celebrating with Jambo’s. No one really wants that to happen surely?

houstonhibbee
08-10-2017, 04:44 AM
Scotland winning the World Cup might involve inadvertently celebrating with Jambo’s. No one really wants that to happen surely?
I'm assuming you're kidding but maybe not

Onion
08-10-2017, 06:16 AM
Easy one, Scotland winning world cup. Would have potential to transform a whole Nation and improve the lives of all.

jane_says
08-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Scotland for me. I remember the atmosphere and pubs in Edinburgh for the Italy game in 2007, multiply that for even a group game in the World Cup.

G B Young
08-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Easy one, Scotland winning world cup. Would have potential to transform a whole Nation and improve the lives of all.

In what way? How would anyone's life be different?

theonlywayisup
08-10-2017, 07:39 AM

Has yours not been improved by Hibs winning the Scottish Cup final?

Mine has - no-one now can talk about 1902 and all that. It's given us one of my families happiest memories. A day we'll never forget. Only Scotland winning the World Cup will ever surpass that day from a football sense, though Hibs winning a European competition would probably do it for me.

One day, sometime in the future, Hibs will win the Scottish League - like winning the Scottish Cup it will happen.

Very, very few teams will ever win the World Cup - only the greats of their time will ever do it.

It's a no-brainer for me.

Marcus_Hibs
08-10-2017, 07:46 AM
As an English Hibs fan, I'll answer as if it was England. And the answer is Hibs all day long! There simply isn't a debate for me, even at my highest levels of patriotism and support for the national team (quite a while ago now!) it would still be Hibs.

connerg
08-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Hibs to win the League.

LancsHibs
08-10-2017, 08:34 AM
Hibs👍

bingo70
08-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Certainly done Greece the world of good when they won the euros 😉

(I actually agree with you, I'm just being a dick)

matty_f
08-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Hibs. Not even close, imho.

Keith_M
08-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Seeing as neither are going to ever happen, it's not a choice we're going to have to make.

p.s. Why are we restricted to one or the other but you're not?

both for me http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/agree.gif

Fritz
08-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Seeing as neither are going to ever happen, it's not a choice we're going to have to make.

p.s. Why are we restricted to one or the other but you're not?

Even if both WERE going to happen we wouldn't have a choice to make! 😉

Anyway, Hibs for me.

RoscoHibby
08-10-2017, 09:00 AM
I'm a bit confused my Mrs (with hun leanings) told me hibs won the world cup last may... (they just don't get it!)

Keith_M
08-10-2017, 09:01 AM

If Scotland won the World Cup, it might make people realise that we're not too wee and too stupid to go it alone in the world.

:wink:

Big_Franck
08-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Scotland winning the world cup for me. First step is winning tonight.

Lee Marvin
08-10-2017, 09:23 AM
I'm genuinely surprised with the amount of people choosing scotland

snooky
08-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Since it's a hypothetical question and, being a greedy barsteward, I'll have both options thank you very much. :greengrin

bingo70
08-10-2017, 09:42 AM

I don't know where you work obviously but have you ever gone in after the weekend buzzing that hibs have had a great result to then feel a bit deflated as you realise nobody else actually cares and within minutes you're back to the usual grind.

To me, a good run for the national team would grip the whole nation, we wouldn't have to win the thing, qualifying firstly and then possibly getting through the group stages would have the nation buzzing and I think it'd be great.

Vini1875
08-10-2017, 09:48 AM
The question seems more likely Scotland getting to the group stages or Hibs winning the league. Hibs for me. No doubt Scotland doing something is a lift for everyone living here, but Hibernian is who I love, Scotland is just where I live.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2017, 09:52 AM
The whole nation would party for years, imagine Edinburgh after our cup win all over the country. And imagine that for weeks/months/years.

Thats why its Scotland for me, saying all that i dont think i really have to worry about either at the moment. :greengrin

ronaldo7
08-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Scotland for me. Hibs have already won the league.

H18S NX
08-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Hibs,no brainer.

erin go bragh
08-10-2017, 10:13 AM
As we have already won back to back league titles , I'm going for Scotland to win the World Cup . Then Hibs to do the treble the next season :)

theonlywayisup
08-10-2017, 10:18 AM

I'm genuinely surprised, shocked and disappointed to see so many saying Hibs. Of course I want Hibs to win the league.

But we're Scottish aren't we. 100% patriotic Scottish and I want Scotland to win at everything.

Hibs have already won the league. But for Scotland to win the World Cup it will be one of the greatest ever achievements. It will dwarf anything any Scottish sporting team has ever done.

weecounty hibby
08-10-2017, 10:19 AM
A tougher question for you might have been Hibs winning the league or a unified UK team winning the World Cup?

rotherhamrob
08-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Hibs for me.
Either 5-1 at tynecastle or a draw at dens park to clinch it.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2017, 10:28 AM
I don’t think Scotland will ever win the World Cup, Hibs have more chance of winning the League. So I’ll plump for Hibs

NAE NOOKIE
08-10-2017, 10:40 AM
A tougher question for you might have been Hibs winning the league or a unified UK team winning the World Cup?

A united UK team winning the world cup? .... nae chance mate, have you seen England play lately :greengrin

In all honesty though how would you pick the team? Look at the British & Irish Lions who only picked one Scottish player for the All Blacks games and the controversy that caused. To stop that happening you would have to pick the squad based on population, which would give England more places than the other 3 nations combined .... who could support a team like that and where would it play? Can you imagine a team with 9 English players from the squad in the starting eleven running out at Hampden?

As for the original question ............ Scotland winning the WC would be a huge boost for our game overall and that's what I'm going for. Somebody else said nobody outside of Scotland would care if Hibs won the league, I don't hold to that for a second, I remember the Yams making the papers in Europe when it looked like they might be real contenders under Burley .... A non ugly sister winning our league would make headlines in sports papers all over the world.

Now if it was between Scotland winning the WC and Hibs winning the Europa League I would be really torn ..... I've always liked the thought of a star on our shirt ... a real one, not the kiddie on made up ones like the Huns have :greengrin

ShinyFantastic
08-10-2017, 10:50 AM
It sums up the sad state of affairs that Scottish football is when people are actually seriously contemplating Hibs winning the Scottish Premiership as something to rival Scotland winning the World Cup!

Hi Heid Yin
08-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Tough one, but for once I would place Scotland before Hibs.
The status and prestige afforded Scotland as world cup winners would lift the whole Scottish game. Our players would command higher cross border transfer fees - money that would bring better quality players into the SPL.
The advertising revenue for the SFA would be unprecended.
The international media coverage of Scottish football would rise and even Sky would take our game more serious - offering us sky-high (pardon the pun) deals that only our English counterparts currently enjoy.
Winning the world cup would also bring invitation challenge matches around the world - Everyone would want to see the world champions in the flesh - in particular the football-mad Asians, who in turn would also take a keener interest in televised football.
The bottom line is that the money would pour into our game on a scale that would revolutionise our entire game.

Sir David Gray
08-10-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't know where you work obviously but have you ever gone in after the weekend buzzing that hibs have had a great result to then feel a bit deflated as you realise nobody else actually cares and within minutes you're back to the usual grind.

To me, a good run for the national team would grip the whole nation, we wouldn't have to win the thing, qualifying firstly and then possibly getting through the group stages would have the nation buzzing and I think it'd be great.

When I went into work on Monday 23rd May 2016, I didn't care that no-one else was as happy as I was at the events of that weekend. I had fulfilled a lifelong dream and I would do anything to experience that again.

I would love to see Scotland winning the World Cup but it just doesn't mean as much to me as seeing Hibs doing well.

Us winning the league championship would just be incredible. OK it's true that we have won the league before but it's so long ago that the majority of Hibs fans either weren't born or were too young to remember it.

The game has moved on since then and Scottish football is dominated so much by one club that it would be an incredible achievement if we could win the title.

Speedy
08-10-2017, 12:31 PM
No brainer - Scotland winning the world cup.

Speedy
08-10-2017, 12:35 PM
No brainer - Scotland winning the world cup.

Ideally with this line up:

--------------Laidlaw--------------
Gray McGregor Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
------------Whittaker-----------
-----McGeouch-------McGinn--------
--------Boyle------Griffiths------

Coming off the bench:
Simon Murray
Fraser Murray
Andy Murray

Speedy
08-10-2017, 12:38 PM
It sums up the sad state of affairs that Scottish football is when people are actually seriously contemplating Hibs winning the Scottish Premiership as something to rival Scotland winning the World Cup!

Agreed. Hibs winning the Champions league would be a fairer comparison

Onion
08-10-2017, 12:42 PM

Success on the world stage in our National game would not only raise the country's profile but instill confidence in it's people and business. To win the WC we would have to have some of the best players in the world plying their trade in the best leagues, and our own leagues would have to be top notch. Most of us can recall the opposite effect in '78 when the team left these shores with such hope, and came back in near disgrace. The push for independence which was gathering pace floundered and national confidence was shattered. Yankees win world series, stockmarket goes up.

Hibernia&Alba
08-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Winning the league every time. I'm not mad on international football; there just isn't the same bond for me.

The Toun Hibee
08-10-2017, 02:46 PM
World Cup for me. Nothing bigger than that.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Club before country every time

shetlandhibee
08-10-2017, 03:23 PM
:top marks
Club before country every time
no brainer for me anyway !!:agree:

heretoday
08-10-2017, 03:26 PM
:top marks
no brainer for me anyway !!:agree:

Hibs.

IlDiavola
08-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Has to be the Hibs, surely?

:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2017, 04:20 PM

correct:flag:

frazeHFC
08-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Absolute no brainer for me. Scotland winning the world cup.

I'd like to see us get to one first though...

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Hibs winning the league, ask me again in 4 years.

erin go bragh
08-10-2017, 06:15 PM
More chance of Hibs winning the league than Scotland qualifying for a bloody World Cup , let alone winning It .

WeeRussell
08-10-2017, 06:33 PM

Yours would be a nightmare for a short time as you’d have no reason to stick the boot in to Scotland as a country for a good 24 hours at least ;)

WeeRussell
08-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Oh., and the World Cup 100%

No bigger sporting achievement on the planet.

Steve20
08-10-2017, 06:40 PM
I'd rather Hibs win our next league game than Scotland winning the World Cup.

Hibs over Scotland. Every single time.

easty
08-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Hibs every time.

Half the time I don't even like a load of the guys getting a game for Scotland!

Pretty Boy
08-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Hibs winning the league.

I'd swap Scotland winning the World Cup for 3 points on Saturday tbh.

.Sean.
08-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Never a contest. I'd honestly rather Hibs won a friendly against Haddington Athletic than see Scotland win the WC.

International football is of zero interest, I sat at my mates and watched this evenings latest shambles and can honestly say I'm not arsed in the slightest the national team never qualified.

Hibs every single time and roll on Saturday for the return of real football.

NAE NOOKIE
08-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Thank goodness the latest attempt at qualifying farce is over .............. onwards and upwards to the Hibees, by the time we kick off against Aberdeen next Saturday I'll have forgotten we were even in the world cup qualifiers :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Thank goodness the latest attempt at qualifying farce is over .............. onwards and upwards to the Hibees, by the time we kick off against Aberdeen next Saturday I'll have forgotten we were even in the world cup qualifiers :greengrin

As one door closes, another opens........Hibs for the league then :greengrin

Pete
09-10-2017, 07:37 AM
I can see where people are coming from.

What connection does anyone really have with players playing for obscure clubs who aren’t even Scottish anyway?

I think I might support Italy instead of Scotland. Why not? That’s the way the club game has went!

WeeRussell
09-10-2017, 11:26 AM

What connection does anyone really have with players playing for obscure clubs who aren’t even Scottish anyway?

I think I might support Italy instead of Scotland. Why not? That’s the way the club game has went!

By that logic, what connection do any of us have with any Hibs players (a small number aside) other than they represent the club we support?

DarlingtonHibee
09-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Hibs all day long

Smartie
09-10-2017, 11:51 AM

Great draw at home to Macedonia the other night ya glory hunter. Good luck in the playoffs.

If someone has decided to represent our National side, then that is good enough for me.

People these days have a slightly different national identity - we're not just a bunch of white Scots who have never left Scotland. Scots have left, travelled the world and bred with people from all over, so there will be millions of people around the world with enough Scottish blood to qualify to play for us.

We should be delighted that they've chosen to do so, not hound them out.

Andy.1875
09-10-2017, 12:49 PM
If the Scotland squad included a fair number of Hibs players and no jambos, then Scotland to win the World Cup.
Otherwise Hibs to win the league.

G B Young
09-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Success on the world stage in our National game would not only raise the country's profile but instill confidence in it's people and business. To win the WC we would have to have some of the best players in the world plying their trade in the best leagues, and our own leagues would have to be top notch. Most of us can recall the opposite effect in '78 when the team left these shores with such hope, and came back in near disgrace. The push for independence which was gathering pace floundered and national confidence was shattered. Yankees win world series, stockmarket goes up.

I'd hazard a guess that the majority on here weren't born in 1978 but I may be wrong. What I recall about it was being in tears as Peru took us apart after we'd taken the lead but I was way too young to appreciate any impact such a debacle may or may not have had on the Scottish independence movement or the stock market!

G B Young
09-10-2017, 01:03 PM

I'd still pick Hibs by a mile :wink:

The only reason I back a UK team is because it's the only way I can see a team from these shores achieving any sort of international success. My passion for them would be unlikely to be any greater than it is for the Scotland team, but they might actually be worth watching.

One Day Soon
09-10-2017, 01:14 PM
I'd hazard a guess that the majority on here weren't born in 1978 but I may be wrong. What I recall about it was being in tears as Peru took us apart after we'd taken the lead but I was way too young to appreciate any impact such a debacle may or may not have had on the Scottish independence movement or the stock market!

As a 14 year old that was a brutally formative experience. The triumph of irrational hope over reason as Ally MacLeod and the Daily Ranger talked utter pi5h and we all credulously lapped it up. We were going to win the world cup.

I don't think I will ever, ever forgive them.

I've looked into the eyes of Hibs fans who kept the faith for decades through the worst of it. I don't see or feel the same thing when I see the Tartan Army.

Hibs every single time for me.

Pete
09-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Great draw at home to Macedonia the other night ya glory hunter. Good luck in the playoffs.

If someone has decided to represent our National side, then that is good enough for me.

People these days have a slightly different national identity - we're not just a bunch of white Scots who have never left Scotland. Scots have left, travelled the world and bred with people from all over, so there will be millions of people around the world with enough Scottish blood to qualify to play for us.

We should be delighted that they've chosen to do so, not hound them out.

non sono d'accordo..

erm, amigo.

BSEJVT
09-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Hibs all day every day without a moments pause for thought

therealgavmac
09-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Absolute no brainer for me. Scotland winning the world cup.

I'd like to see us get to one first though...

It's when I see a post like this Fraze that reminds me how lucky folk of my age are to have lived through the qualifying campaigns and world cups of 1974, 1978 (England cannae dae it, coz they didnae qualify, oh we're on the march......), 1982, 1986, 1990, 1998.....

Not to mention beating England both at Hampden and Wembley on a regular basis......

The halcyon days.....
God, I feel old!

PS Hibs to win the league for me, just for the reaction across the city and the silence from my family members :thumbsup:

Lancs Harp
09-10-2017, 03:55 PM
It's when I see a post like this Fraze that reminds me how lucky folk of my age are to have lived through the qualifying campaigns and world cups of 1974, 1978 (England cannae dae it, coz they didnae qualify, oh we're on the march......), 1982, 1986, 1990, 1998.....

Not to mention beating England both at Hampden and Wembley on a regular basis......

The halcyon days.....
God, I feel old!

PS Hibs to win the league for me, just for the reaction across the city and the silence from my family members :thumbsup:

You'd have to be pretty old for that to be true. Im 53 and Scotland have beaten England 8 times in my entire life.:wink:

Phil MaGlass
09-10-2017, 04:02 PM
As much as I love Hibs, it´s Scotland to win the WC for me.
Nothing bigger.

Andy74
09-10-2017, 04:05 PM
As much as I love Hibs, it´s Scotland to win the WC for me.
Nothing bigger.

I suppose it depends where you rank the things that you are in life, such as Hibs fan, football fan, Scottish.

Being a Hibs fan is more part of what I am than the other two.

therealgavmac
09-10-2017, 04:06 PM
You'd have to be pretty old for that to be true. Im 53 and Scotland have beaten England 8 times in my entire life.:wink:

Maybe it just felt like it because the games I attended Scotland won, the two own goals before the 1974 World Cup, the Dalglish goal to win 2-1 when they forgot to sew Clements' legs together before the game, the goalposts gone missing game at Wembley, the Robertson penalty at Wembley.......

But as I sit here and think about it, the game where Keegan and Brooking played Scotland like puppets at Hampden, the 5-1 game at Wembley (did we die as a nation that day :wink:)

Maybe looking at life through tartan tinted glassed :thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
09-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Hibs though Scotland winning the World Cup would be absolutely amazing.

Famous Fiver
09-10-2017, 06:07 PM
My ultimate dream is Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.

Oh wait...............

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Club over country every time.

Onion
09-10-2017, 06:39 PM
Change of mind, Hibs every time :thumbsup:

Ken
10-10-2017, 12:32 PM
100% Hibs winning the league and that's coming from a big Scotland supporter

I would probably take Hibs beating Hearts in a Scottish Final over Scotland winning the world cup too