PDA

View Full Version : London Pubs For Scotland Game

jimmyboco#1
06-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Any suggestions for good pubs in London to watch Scotland game on Sunday? Preferably full of Scots!

West London or near Paddington Station ideally. Cheers

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Not sure what its like now but, The Rob Roy (its on one of the streets that run off of Praed Street) used to be a gathering point for Scotland games in years gone by.

Millers (near KX Station) is good for the football and usually has Scottish folk in it on their way to/from the station.

Colr
06-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Not sure what its like now but, The Rob Roy (its on one of the streets that run off of Praed Street) used to be a gathering point for Scotland games in years gone by.

Millers (near KX Station) is good for the football and usually has Scottish folk in it on their way to/from the station.

Rob Roy is still there.

essexhibee
06-10-2017, 09:49 PM
The main place to meet is the Albion Bar at Blackfriars. It's a great venue. Nights are put on by Looney Alba and the landlord lets us use the upstairs bar. Large screen and quick service. Usually gets packed out so would recommend getting their early for a good spot. It's a quality place to watch a game IMO - as close as you will get to actually being at the game in terms of atmosphere!

Brummie_Hibs
06-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Rob Roy is still there.
It shut down a few years ago.

Colr
06-10-2017, 10:38 PM

I should get out more!

Auckland Hibs
07-10-2017, 05:58 AM

Used to watch all the Scotland games in the Rob Roy, great little boozer until it was ruined by the sheep ****ging manager.

Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington was another good place for International games as it showed loads of games at once, not sure if it is still there?

green day
07-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Used to watch all the Scotland games in the Rob Roy, great little boozer until it was ruined by the sheep ****ging manager.

Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington was another good place for International games as it showed loads of games at once, not sure if it is still there?

Famous 3 Kings still there - last time I was in the area an England match was on, it looked a bit iffy.

tamig
07-10-2017, 08:07 AM
What about the Sports Bar at Haymarket? Is it still going? I was in there when McFadden scored against France. Again, it showed loads of games on different screens.

Brummie_Hibs
07-10-2017, 08:38 AM
What about the Sports Bar at Haymarket? Is it still going? I was in there when McFadden scored against France. Again, it showed loads of games on different screens.
Also shut down a few years ago

lucky
07-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Anywhere in Birmingham that will be showing the game in the city center?

Auckland Hibs
07-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Famous 3 Kings still there - last time I was in the area an England match was on, it looked a bit iffy.

Watched many a Hibs/Scotland game in F3K, it was a decent boozer that pulled out the stops to show a game via TV or stream if possible (away game in Dnipro being one I recall he managed to show) - the manager (an Aussie) was a good bloke.

Velma Dinkley
07-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Also shut down a few years ago

The sports bar at Haymarket is now a Rileys Sports Bar. It's not great but would show Scotland games as they have plenty of screens.

McGettigans in Fulham will be showing the game.

jimmyboco#1
07-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Probably head to F3K as got good memories of there as watched the Rob Jones cup derby in there in 2006. Was made all the better as place was crawling with Jambo's! Couldn't get me down from the ceiling when he scored. Sweet night.

tamig
07-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Probably head to F3K as got good memories of there as watched the Rob Jones header derby in there in 2006. Was made all the better as place was crawling with Jambo's! Couldn't get me down from the ceiling when he scored. Sweet night.

He scored with a shot though. With Zaliukas almost ripping the strip off his back. I was in Quinns that night watching the game. Good times.