PDA

View Full Version : Scotland in pink?

Keith_M
06-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Ehm, why?

:confused:

Please don't take this the wrong way but, gonnae no dae that!

JimBHibees
06-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Ehm, why?

Agree looked horrific especially in such a big game at home. SfA couldnt get more incompetent if they tried.

Hibee87
06-10-2017, 06:28 AM
Our home strip clashes with both their home and away top apparently

Hfc_Since1875
06-10-2017, 06:30 AM
Agree looked horrific especially in such a big game at home. SfA couldnt get more incompetent if they tried.

Normally I’d agreee... and I suppose they chose the the Home strip so it’s their fault...

But it was a uefa decision because of our white sleeves (exact same reasonn we had to wear the pink at Wembley) clashing with Slovakia

They’re away kit is all blue (i think) so wasn’t an option either

Walter
06-10-2017, 06:33 AM
I like it.

And it's actually 'Hot Pink'

Sir David Gray
06-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Normally I’d agreee... and I suppose they chose the the Home strip so it’s their fault...

But it was a uefa decision because of our white sleeves (exact same reasonn we had to wear the pink at Wembley) clashing with Slovakia

They’re away kit is all blue (i think) so wasn’t an option either

That really is pathetic if that's the case. How can a top which is predominantly dark blue be considered to clash with a top which is predominantly white?

euro Hibby
06-10-2017, 06:40 AM
I would agree that the pink strip looks awful . I guess they were thinking that the ladies would buy into it because I think for 90 % of men,
pink is not such an appealing colour.
I am surprised that they did not ask the fans to choose a second strip and we got the chance to have a say in the matter. Show us 3 designs and we vote.

Hfc_Since1875
06-10-2017, 06:41 AM
That really is pathetic if that's the case. How can a top which is predominantly dark blue be considered to clash with a top which is predominantly white?

It is.... but that’s UEFA!

It is 100% the reason! It was the sleeves

Sir David Gray
06-10-2017, 06:42 AM

I quite believe you!

Brightside
06-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Great strip.

yonder1875
06-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Home strip not much better imo.. white sleeves!!

Keith_M
06-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Great strip.

Naw, it really isn't!

Can we please get back to Dark Blue shirts (without white sleeves), white shorts and red socks.

The change strip should be red top, dark blue shorts and white socks.

Nothing else is acceptable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/images/scotland-1980-1981-a.gif.........http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/images/scotland-1980-1982-change.gif

number9dream
06-10-2017, 07:41 AM
The Uefa/Fifa rules on strip clashes are ridiculous but the SFA should at least be aware of them when commissioning new designs.
The pink strip is a horror show but judging by the number of people wearing them last night, with the regulation kilt and boots, not everyone thinks that way...
It's beach wear, not the choice of attire for 'going to war' in sport. The current home kit is pretty terrible too.

Just get back to a solid blue jersey, white shorts and red socks.

DarlingtonHibee
06-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Hate the pink, dark blue every day.

hibstag
06-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Naw, it really isn't!

Can we please get back to Dark Blue shirts (without white sleeves), white shorts and red socks.

The change strip should be red top, dark blue shorts and white socks.

Nothing else is acceptable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/images/scotland-1980-1981-a.gif.........http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/images/scotland-1980-1982-change.gif
I agree

the addidas 12-14 home was a cracker and pretty close to the above home, we are long overdue a red away (at least 30 years)

edinburghhibee
06-10-2017, 09:54 AM
I don't mind the pink shirt to be honest it's a bit different but nothing wrong with that. I like a bright strip tho. And I think it's easier for the players to pic out their colleagues in this strip rather than the dark colours which might blend into the crowns a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
06-10-2017, 10:08 AM
I don't mind the pink shirt to be honest it's a bit different but nothing wrong with that. I like a bright strip tho. And I think it's easier for the players to pic out their colleagues in this strip rather than the dark colours which might blend into the crowns a bit more

The colour of Scottish sporting teams is dark blue, just like England's is white and Ireland's is green.

Sorry but I'm not at all convinced by this 'bright colour' argument. Unles the players are blind, they can surely see their team mates on the pitch.

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2017, 10:19 AM
I don't mind it actually, at least the players couldn't miss each other.

I don't like the white sleeves on the home top either, for some reason it just doesn't look right ....... Scotland should play in a plain dark blue top at all times, with the red and yellow badge its one of the best shirts in international football.

Given that our badge is these colours I don't know why we don't just go red or yellow for our away kit.

The Harp Awakes
06-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Horrendous strip. Embarrassing wearing it.

Jack Hackett
06-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Almost as bad as the yams fruit salad

heretoday
06-10-2017, 12:11 PM
When they started playing in pink I thought it was some solidarity with breast cancer thing. There was lots of that going on at the time.

Stick to dark blue, eh?

Hibrandenburg
06-10-2017, 12:21 PM
It's not pink, it's salmon. Looks good IMO.

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 12:51 PM
The Uefa/Fifa rules on strip clashes are ridiculous but the SFA should at least be aware of them when commissioning new designs.
The pink strip is a horror show but judging by the number of people wearing them last night, with the regulation kilt and boots, not everyone thinks that way...
It's beach wear, not the choice of attire for 'going to war' in sport. The current home kit is pretty terrible too.

Just get back to a solid blue jersey, white shorts and red socks.

It's because if there was a 'handball' situation, the Ref might have difficulty figuring out home or away.
SFA at fault really---choosing 2 strips with white sleeves

Pretty Boy
06-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Great strip.

Agreed.

Pink football strips are underrated, fragile masculinity I think the cause of that is called. Palermo tops are always classy affairs.

Brightside
06-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Agreed.

Pink football strips are underrated, fragile masculinity I think the cause of that is called. Palermo tops are always classy affairs.

Palermo top is a thing of beauty. The scotland home strip is embarrassing. Looks like the kid of thing you'd buy from those scottish tat shops on Princes st.

surreyhibbie
06-10-2017, 01:13 PM
It's not pink, it's salmon. Looks good IMO.

I agree, its Salmon. :agree:

but it looks bloody awful.

Carheenlea
06-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Once the game started I kind of forgot about the colour of the strip. Wouldn't be my favourite Scotland shirt, but far from the worst.

Johnny Clash
06-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Punky pink is cool. Ideal for Holidays in the Sun

heretoday
06-10-2017, 02:41 PM
The only thing I can think it's good for is maybe they can pick each other out better with a pass under the lights.
Even the white sleeves ain't right. There's only one team in white sleeves. Apologies to Ipswich, Stirling, Arsenal, Rotherham etc

Drumlanrig
06-10-2017, 03:47 PM
The only thing I can think it's good for is maybe they can pick each other out better with a pass under the lights.
Even the white sleeves ain't right. There's only one team in white sleeves. Apologies to Ipswich, Stirling, Arsenal, Rotherham etc

Absolutely the most ganting, bogging, minging, boak inducing strip I've ever seen!

heretoday
06-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Absolutely the most ganting, bogging, minging, boak inducing strip I've ever seen!

Correct! :greengrin

Pete
06-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Agreed.

It’s also commonly worn by Juventus for the same reasons.

I like them too but let’s be honest, you’ve got to perform in them. You look like a twat trudging off the park in one after a skelping.

basehibby
07-10-2017, 12:44 PM
It never ceases to amaze me football fans' capacity for moaning!

It is an away strip and therefore is required to be wholy different to the home strip - therefore bright pink (a TRADITIONAL Scotland colour mark you - first ever Scotland strip was pink - Rosebury colours) is a perfectly reasonable option.

There are even some on here - a Hibs website - whinging about the Hibees-esque white sleeves on the home strip FFS :confused: - a variation which is unfailingly attractive IMO.

Eyrie
07-10-2017, 02:29 PM

I can believe that UEFA are that stupid.

Meanwhile I watched Glasgow (wearing all white) beat the Cheetahs (orange shirt with white sleeves) last night and the referee didn't have any problems distinguishing the two teams, despite being George Clancy.

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2017, 02:47 PM

It is an away strip and therefore is required to be wholy different to the home strip - therefore bright pink (a TRADITIONAL Scotland colour mark you - first ever Scotland strip was pink - Rosebury colours) is a perfectly reasonable option.

There are even some on here - a Hibs website - whinging about the Hibees-esque white sleeves on the home strip FFS :confused: - a variation which is unfailingly attractive IMO.

I was one of them ..... On Hibs strip the white sleeves are absolute class, as they are on the Arsenal strip, but for some reason it just doesn't look right on a Scotland strip .. at least not to me anyway :dunno:

GreenOnions
07-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Surely the away team should be the team to change strip if there's a clash? When did this change?

Glory Lurker
07-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Rubbish though it is, there is a one-in-a-billion chance I would wear that pink effort. The maroon third kit we had a few years back, though....:ill::sick:

bingo70
07-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Will we be back to blue tomorrow night?

I hate the pink strip and I've got a theory that teams with white strips always fail. It's why Scotland got beat off georgia to cost us qualification that time with the maroon type monstrosity and why I don't think hibs won a game wearing that yellow one with the stripes going down it (sponsored by white and mackay).

I'm sure my theory doesn't really stand up to scrutiny but I'm sticking to it.

Iggy Pope
07-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Will we be back to blue tomorrow night?

I hate the pink strip and I've got a theory that teams with white strips always fail. It's why Scotland got beat off georgia to cost us qualification that time with the maroon type monstrosity and why I don't think hibs won a game wearing that yellow one with the stripes going down it (sponsored by white and mackay).

I'm sure my theory doesn't really stand up to scrutiny but I'm sticking to it.

It doesn't stand up at all. Hibs battered a few sides in 04/05 in all white, Whyte and McKay style, and near the end of that season reverted to yellow and green Whyte and McKay and battered Celtic upside down at Parkhead. It really was quite a time with quite a tidy wee squad.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 08:14 PM
It doesn't stand up at all. Hibs battered a few sides in 04/05 in all white, Whyte and McKay style, and near the end of that season reverted to yellow and green Whyte and McKay and battered Celtic upside down at Parkhead. It really was quite a time with quite a tidy wee squad.

Talking about different strips I think. The plain yellow one was fine.

The one I'm talking about we were dreadful, under Mixu I think.

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Hate that strip. but I have a theory on it. The pink colour stands out on a football pitch it's a good contrasting colour. Maybe if a player can see his team mates better in his peripheral vision it gives us an advantage.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

bingo70
07-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Hate that strip. but I have a theory on it. The pink colour stands out on a football pitch it's a good contrasting colour. Maybe if a player can see his team mates better in his peripheral vision it gives us an advantage.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

There is a story in the paper this morning that the manufacturer of the England rugby strip have developed a material and colour scheme that makes it harder for the player to be seen.

The logic behind that confused me a bit.

Ringothedog
07-10-2017, 09:00 PM

The first ever Scotland was not pink, it was the traditional blue, we did however use the roseberry colours of pink and yellow for a few seasons

jgl07
07-10-2017, 11:15 PM
When they started playing in pink I thought it was some solidarity with breast cancer thing. There was lots of that going on at the time.

Stick to dark blue, eh?

It's for Scotland getting used to the colour before their home matches are moved to the PBS (sorry, the Tynecastle mega stadium.

Jim44
08-10-2017, 08:04 AM
I’d rather we were ‘in the pink.’

Firestarter
08-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Both strips will be punted when we bring back the Euro 96 top for Russia next year :greengrin

iwasthere1972
08-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Both strips will be punted when we bring back the Euro 96 top for Russia next year :greengrin

I hated that top. Was tempted to buy it when I went to Villa Park for the Switzerland match but decided just to get my haircut and get pished.

Firestarter
08-10-2017, 12:26 PM
I hated that top. Was tempted to buy it when I went to Villa Park for the Switzerland match but decided just to get my haircut and get pished.

I loved it. Was 12 mind!

Would have loved to be there! Did we play holland at villa park too? Goram had a worldly?

Hibernia&Alba
08-10-2017, 12:27 PM
My favourite away top was the 1990 world cup - white with yellow. I had that as a wee boy and thought it was the smartest football top ever. The we lost to Costa Rica and it became associated with shameful memories :greengrin

iwasthere1972
08-10-2017, 12:29 PM
The one we wore when we won the World Cup against England at Wembley 1967. :aok:

iwasthere1972
08-10-2017, 12:31 PM
I loved it. Was 12 mind!

Would have loved to be there! Did we play holland at villa park too? Goram had a worldly?

Played Holland on the 10th June at Villa Park. Good clearance on the line by John Collins to keep it at 0-0.

SteveHFC
08-10-2017, 12:32 PM
The white away strip 10 years ago is my favourite.

Firestarter
08-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Played Holland on the 10th June at Villa Park. Good clearance on the line by John Collins to keep it at 0-0.

Thought so, 4pm kick off midweek? Ran home from school on a scorching day haha.

iwasthere1972
08-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Thought so, 4pm kick off midweek? Ran home from school on a scorching day haha.

:aok: Left work early and watched it in my house in Guernsey. Got trollied and decided that I wanted a piece of the action. Couldn't get a ticket for Wembley despite trying all that week. We almost made it. England let us down.

Firestarter
08-10-2017, 12:40 PM
:aok: Left work early and watched it in my house in Guernsey. Got trollied and decided that I wanted a piece of the action. Couldn't get a ticket for Wembley despite trying all that week. We almost made it. England let us down.

Yeah, McCoist scored a peach, holland down 4 to England then Holland megged Seaman. Mind it flashed up 4-1, In tears I was :greengrin how I didn't realise it would be the second last time I would see us at a major or what was ahead of me following Hibs for 20 years!

Iggy Pope
08-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Yeah, McCoist scored a peach, holland down 4 to England then Holland megged Seaman. Mind it flashed up 4-1, In tears I was :greengrin how I didn't realise it would be the second last time I would see us at a major or what was ahead of me following Hibs for 20 years!

Nah. McCoist got the peach v the Swiss at Villa Park and I recall Alex Miller on the bench (No 2) telling the players to settle down when we should have been ripping their throats out. (In the name of total football, obviously). If ever there was a time for a Scotlnd side to give Johnny F a cuffing on English soil it came and went that day.

Firestarter
08-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Nah. McCoist got the peach v the Swiss at Villa Park and I recall Alex Miller on the bench (No 2) telling the players to settle down when we should have been ripping their throats out. (In the name of total football, obviously). If ever there was a time for a Scotlnd side to give Johnny F a cuffing on English soil it came and went that day.

Yeah I said Mccoist got the peach as England was playing Holland.

We started brilliantly I remember and yeah once we scored it kind of calmed itself down.

Colr
08-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Ehm, why?

Lord Rosebery’s fault.

Keith_M
08-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Lord Rosebery’s fault.

What position does he play?

Colr
08-10-2017, 05:34 PM
What position does he play?

He was captain for a while.

Keith_M
08-10-2017, 05:36 PM
He was captain for a while.

Around the last time we actually qualified for anything?

:wink:

Colr
08-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Around the last time we actually qualified for anything?

:wink:

Well, he was judged a failure in foreign affairs - so wholy appropriate in the context!