View Full Version : Scotland v Slovakia

05-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Getting ready to head through to our 2nd home. Really looking forward to this game. C'mon Scotland! We can do it!

05-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Getting ready to head through to our 2nd home. Really looking forward to this game. C'mon Scotland! We can do it!

Taking my son to his first ever Scotland game (and my first in a few years). Team selection will be interesting. Be disappointing if the likes of Bannan and Morrison start over other available players.

05-10-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm never optimistic before Scotland games and this is no different - they're going to sit in and play very conservatively, and we'll go hell for leather at them, leaving space behind us.

They're fast, and they'll pick us off on the counter.

Would love to be wrong, but another glorious failure awaits IMO.

05-10-2017, 12:34 PM
I think this will all end in our usual glorious failure but it would be nice if they could at least win tonight, for the 50k fans that are making the effort to go.

05-10-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm never optimistic before Scotland games and this is no different - they're going to sit in and play very conservatively, and we'll go hell for leather at them, leaving space behind us.

They're fast, and they'll pick us off on the counter.

Would love to be wrong, but another glorious failure awaits IMO.

It's definitely odds on failure either tonight or Sunday. And then even bigger odds on in any play off. Be heartening for next Euro qualifiers (where we should have a chance!) to finish 2nd though.

05-10-2017, 12:40 PM
There’s no glorious failure this time, just failure if we don’t win. I’m kinda optimistic for some reason today though 😎

05-10-2017, 12:57 PM
I’d love ya to at least be in the mix come Sunday.

Heading over to Slovenia tomorrow from Gatwick.

Can’t wait. Hopefully it won’t be for a friendly.

Billy McKirdy
05-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Very confident of a great result tonight

Souter96Mac
05-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Bit of a blow not having Brown, Armstrong and Ritchie especially as we were building a bit of momentum.

05-10-2017, 01:29 PM
One of my mates is going to the game and said he'd read something about Bannen playing. Don't really rate him at all, and how he gets in instead of McGregor or McGinn is a bit of a mystery to me, except that Strachan does seem to have his favourites.

05-10-2017, 01:36 PM
I'm hoping he starts with McGregor in the middle - in the absence of Brown, he provides some real composure, swift feet and a good ability to pick a pass. He's an exceptional young talent with Champions League experience, and would be well deserving of his opportunity.

Gordy M
05-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Taking my son to his first ever Scotland game (and my first in a few years). Team selection will be interesting. Be disappointing if the likes of Bannan and Morrison start over other available players.

I dont get the dislike of Bannan...this was an article on the BBC yesterday

"Bannan has drawn much praise of late. Lee Johnson, the Bristol City manager, said that if he could sign one player from a Championship rival, he'd pick Bannan. Thomas Christiansen, manager of Leeds, said that his team had made plans for Bannan ahead of last weekend's meeting in Sheffield. "We spoke about Bannan being a key player we had to stop, but we were not able to do it," he revealed. Wednesday won 3-0. The Scot was outstanding."

Thats pretty high praise......not sure who else in the squad would get the same attention.

05-10-2017, 02:04 PM

"Bannan has drawn much praise of late. Lee Johnson, the Bristol City manager, said that if he could sign one player from a Championship rival, he'd pick Bannan. Thomas Christiansen, manager of Leeds, said that his team had made plans for Bannan ahead of last weekend's meeting in Sheffield. "We spoke about Bannan being a key player we had to stop, but we were not able to do it," he revealed. Wednesday won 3-0. The Scot was outstanding."

Thats pretty high praise......not sure who else in the squad would get the same attention.

We've been hearing for years how good he is, how well he is playing down South.

Whenever he gets on for Scotland, he just doesn't show the same level of performance, a bit like Chris Martin.

You start to look at the likes of McGinn, who impressed when he played against Denmark, and McGregor, who has become a very accomplished player for Celtic.

Souter96Mac
05-10-2017, 02:04 PM

Any time I've seen him play for club or country he's been very average. Think he's one of these Ross McCormacks and Jordan Rhodes who have done well at Championship level but then fail at the international stage

Salt N Sauzee
05-10-2017, 02:10 PM
We've been hearing for years how good he is, how well he is playing down South.

Whenever he gets on for Scotland, he just doesn't show the same level of performance, a bit like Chris Martin.

You start to look at the likes of McGinn, who impressed when he played against Denmark, and McGregor, who has become a very accomplished player for Celtic.

Impressed? He got Man of The Match.

05-10-2017, 02:21 PM

Big difference between the English championship and a vital World Cup qualifier

05-10-2017, 02:30 PM
This might be a long shot but I’m with the family in Orlando Florida. Does anyone know a bar that might be showing the game? Every bar I’ve called doesn’t have espn3

05-10-2017, 02:50 PM

Well its probably a higher level... :greengrin

05-10-2017, 02:58 PM
This might be a long shot but I’m with the family in Orlando Florida. Does anyone know a bar that might be showing the game? Every bar I’ve called doesn’t have espn3

I believe its on sky sports main event also....

05-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Either the Irish Bar on international drive, or there used to be a small bar down on the 192 that showed the Scotland games.

05-10-2017, 03:21 PM

Not believing that. English football is the pinicle of world football

05-10-2017, 03:29 PM

And if we take the green specs off there is also a big difference with the Scottish Championship where McGinn has played most of his football. I think Bannan or McGinn will do just fine and both would get my full support whoever plays.

05-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Impressed? He got Man of The Match.

That's kind of my point.

McGinn has played a handful of International matches and looked the part.

Bannan has played dozens and never really looked good enough to play at that level, even if he does look the part against Brentford or Rotherham.

AllyRae
05-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Think Strachan will start Fletcher and Morrison to take the places of Armstrong and Brown but really hoping McGinn gets the nod!

05-10-2017, 03:36 PM
And if we take the green specs off there is also a big difference with the Scottish Championship where McGinn has played most of his football. I think Bannan or McGinn will do just fine and both would get my full support whoever plays.

McGinn had played a lot of matches in the Premier League for St Mirren before joining us.

He's experienced at U21 level.

He's played in derbies, cup semis and cup finals for us, as well as being involved in Championship campaigns with little margin for error when you're expected to win every week.

John McGinn isn't an inexperienced wee laddie. He's already packed a lot into a career.

stevie-bee
05-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Gordon
Tierney
Berra
Mulgrew
Robertson
Fletcher
Bannan
Morrison
Phillips
Forrest
Griffiths

Team tonight

05-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Gordon
Tierney
Berra
Mulgrew
Robertson
Fletcher
Bannan
Morrison
Phillips
Forrest
Griffiths

Team tonight

Hopefully not. Morrison, Forrest and Phillips offer nothing. I havent been keeping up with it but if Snodgrass's form has picked up on loan at Villa i'd start him and I'd start McGregor.

05-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Gordon
Tierney
Berra
Mulgrew
Robertson
Fletcher
Bannan
Morrison
Phillips
Forrest
Griffiths

Team tonight

Do you know this? Phillips and Forest are so worthless in Scotland jerseys. Is that boy who was with Leipzig but is now with WBA injured or what? He had at least a bit of strength and drive about him.

Mantis Toboggan
05-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Do you know this? Phillips and Forest are so worthless in Scotland jerseys. Is that boy who was with Leipzig but is now with WBA injured or what? He had at least a bit of strength and drive about him.

Burke is back down with the U21 team. Tbh he did nowt when Strachan chucked him in last year.

05-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Wearing our pink strip tonight because it clashes with slovakia’s kit.

05-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Fletcher and Bannon? Surely not.

Souter96Mac
05-10-2017, 04:36 PM

Thought Phillips looked half decent the last couple of times. Don't rate Forrest however

05-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Scotland BTTS feels like easy money tonight.

IlDiavola
05-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Glorious failure again I'm afraid.

Mcpakeisgod
05-10-2017, 04:59 PM
McGinn had played a lot of matches in the Premier League for St Mirren before joining us.

He's played in derbies, cup semis and cup finals for us, as well as being involved in Championship campaigns with little margin for error when you're expected to win every week.

John McGinn isn't an inexperienced wee laddie. He's already packed a lot into a career.

He was right though, we're being a bia selective, Bannan has played quite a few PL games & at a higher level for a prolonged amount of time, McGinn has the potential to do that at the moment

05-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Fletcher and Bannon? Surely not.

That's horrific!

05-10-2017, 05:12 PM
If I won tic tac, I'd pick Bannan before McGinn.

Different sorts of players though.

05-10-2017, 05:19 PM

And so has Bannon packed a lot in that's my point.

05-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Bannan and Forrest have some nothing for Scotland, despite repeatedly being selected.

Snodgrass and Fraser disappearing has limited things a bit too, but we'll do well to score tonight looking at that. The most average midfield imaginable. Full backs have a hell of a lot riding on them now.

05-10-2017, 05:31 PM

I wouldn’t, McGinn is now the better of the two!

05-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Forrest will do **** all tonight as usual.

05-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Fletcher Bannon and Morrison all start

05-10-2017, 05:39 PM
That's kind of my point.

McGinn has played a handful of International matches and looked the part.

Bannan has played dozens and never really looked good enough to play at that level, even if he does look the part against Brentford or Rotherham.

He spent a couple of seasons at struggling Palace in the EPL and hardly got any game time at all.

hulk
05-10-2017, 05:41 PM
And a starting place for wee diving Forrest.
Strachans stubbornness will be his downfall.

yonder1875
05-10-2017, 05:42 PM
McGinn should be starting.

05-10-2017, 05:44 PM

Or we could have just picked Billys v Tims and McGinn would win it for the good guys.

guthrie01
05-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Can wave the 2nd spot goodbye with that line-up :bye:

05-10-2017, 05:46 PM
If McGinn had started,starred and notched a goal or two he would definitely be away in January.

By keeping him hidden wee Strachan might just have done us a favour!

We'll be 2-0 down after an hour and then he'll expect McGinn and MacGregor to pull us out of a hole.

05-10-2017, 05:47 PM
mon Sconnie Botland

we'll be coming down the road

:saltireflag

05-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Bannon and Fletcher have been playing consistently well at a higher level than SJM so I think they deserve to start.

Forrest is the one I can't get my head around, he shouldn't be in the squad let alone the first team.

05-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Boring conservative line up. No mcgregor??

Souter96Mac
05-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Can wave the 2nd spot goodbye with that line-up :bye:

That's the attitude! We're going for first

05-10-2017, 06:03 PM
I remember reading somewhere that apparently Barry Bannan was outstanding at the weekend for Sheff Wed vs Leeds . Im dissapointed that McGinn doesnt start but if Bannan is producing those kinds of performance in what is a big game down there , then Strachan is totally justified in selecting him for Scotland.

05-10-2017, 06:05 PM
I remember reading somewhere that apparently Barry Bannan was outstanding at the weekend for Sheff Wed vs Leeds . Im dissapointed that McGinn doesnt start but if Bannan is producing those kinds of performance in what is a big game down there , then Strachan is totally justified in selecting him for Scotland.

Did he play in the Sheffield derby the week before? They were battered I think.

05-10-2017, 06:05 PM

Leeds played like school boys at the weekend.... Slovakia are a different kettle of fish.

05-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Glorious failure again I'm afraid.

Lose the next 2 games and we finish 4th. Nothing glorious about it.

05-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Did he play in the Sheffield derby the week before? They were battered I think.

Pass ...

I didnt see the Leeds match either , It was an article I read somewhere.

05-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Boring conservative line up. No mcgregor??

He struggles to get a game for Celtic his first start since the last international was on Saturday

05-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Leeds played like school boys at the weekend.... Slovakia are a different kettle of fish.

True ... Mcginn has also been excellent in a couple of games and pretty anonymous at times though and against pishier teams than sheff utd

Forrest will do **** all tonight as usual.

I did like him but he does always seem to flatter to deceive let's hope your wrong though and he gets a couple.

Morrison and McArthur sitting with McGreggor further ahead was my midfield choice. Certainly not Fletcher and Bannan!

05-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Morrison and McArthur sitting with McGreggor further ahead was my midfield choice. Certainly not Fletcher and Bannan!

When Brown was out Fletcher was a cert to start.

JohnMcM
05-10-2017, 06:14 PM
What will be, will be.

GMS has made his choice about who will start the game. He knows better than I what is needed in terms of players, so, I can't complain about the line-up, even though I have a favoured line-up that differs from his.

I'm confident he will make any necessary changes when needed.

Meanwhile,,,,,,,,,,,,, C'mon Scotland!!!!

05-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Saw Fletcher playing the other week for Stoke and he looked slower than a week in jail trying to track back, the other team scored from it

05-10-2017, 06:16 PM
I did like him but he does always seem to flatter to deceive let's hope your wrong though and he gets a couple.

Same here mate :aok:

05-10-2017, 06:16 PM

Forrest should never be in ahead of mcgreggor. I'd have McGinn ahead of bannan purely for his work rate - especially with fletcher in the team.

05-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Mcginn should be on from the start. He must be cock-a-hoop after the weekend.

Pretty poor choice of a midfield from Strachan , half expected him to play Fletcher but Bannan and Forrest .. come on now . SJM and Mcgregor are on form and deserved a crack at this

JohnMcM
Saw Fletcher playing the other week for Stoke and he looked slower than a week in jail trying to track back, the other team scored from it

Fair point, I saw the same myself.

However that was before tonight and only tonight matters for the time being.:wink:

dchibs
05-10-2017, 06:18 PM
mon Sconnie Botland

we'll be coming down the road

:saltireflag

Hope your not going to the Ballencreif in that state lol.

05-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Ok time to stop moaning and get behind the team......

JohnMcM
05-10-2017, 06:22 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

05-10-2017, 06:23 PM

True, let’s do this Scotland and get the much needed 3 points.

05-10-2017, 06:25 PM

Boooo :greengrin

05-10-2017, 06:26 PM
We can do it, it may be a struggle but we can do it :thumbsup:
Come on on the Jocks :greengrin

andybev1
05-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Anyone know of a free livestream?

I am going to try to get the game through slovak tv. worth a try. If I get lucky I will put it up here unless it is not allowed?

05-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Boooo :greengrin
The England game is on a different channel - be off with you ya scoundrel.......

05-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Most excited I’ve been about a Scotland game in a LONG time. Come on!!

05-10-2017, 06:32 PM
No john mcginn again???

05-10-2017, 06:33 PM

I am going to try to get the game through slovak tv. worth a try. If I get lucky I will put it up here unless it is not allowed?

Not allowed to post them on the public forum but i would appreciate a PM with a link!

05-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Definitely not allowed on here

05-10-2017, 06:39 PM

You could PM me a link :aok:

05-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Hamilton motherwell ross county are also all a different kettle of fish to Slovakia :greengrin.

05-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Pink kits, ffs....

chasitup
05-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Pink kits, ffs....
Was just wondering why we’re wearing this at home. It’s brutal.

05-10-2017, 06:42 PM
And so has Bannon packed a lot in that's my point.

He's packed in a lot more failure at THIS level than McGinn has though.

McGinn is unproven at International level but has shown promise. The comment I was responding to was in relation to why people don't seem to rate Bannan - I think it is because he's had dozens of chances to show what he can do for Scotland but hasn't taken them.

I'd take unproven over proven failure. I've seen with my own eyes what McGinn can do, all I have to go on with Bannan are his mediocre performances for Scotland and stories of him tearing up what is in my opinion a vastly over-rated league.

Pish team tonight, nothing like the best of what we have available. I actually think the first XI Scotland can put out is fairly strong and should do us justice. This isn't even close to the best we can come up with.

I think we have no chance, and look forward to this post being stuffed down my throat in a couple of hours.

hibee
05-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Was just wondering why we’re wearing this at home. It’s brutal.

Apparently both their strips clash with our home.

05-10-2017, 06:45 PM
No john mcginn again???

Strachan : Become a celt and yer a cert.

He's packed in a lot more failure at THIS level than McGinn has though.

McGinn is unproven at International level but has shown promise. The comment I was responding to was in relation to why people don't seem to rate Bannan - I think it is because he's had dozens of chances to show what he can do for Scotland but hasn't taken them.

I'd take unproven over proven failure. I've seen with my own eyes what McGinn can do, all I have to go on with Bannan are his mediocre performances for Scotland and stories of him tearing up what is in my opinion a vastly over-rated league.

Pish team tonight, nothing like the best of what we have available. I actually think the first XI Scotland can put out is fairly strong and should do us justice. This isn't even close to the best we can come up with.

I think we have no chance, and look forward to this post being stuffed down my throat in a couple of hours.
Every player that has played in the past 18 year for Scotland are proven failures at International level.

chasitup
Cheers for that.

05-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Hope your not going to the Ballencreif in that state lol.

naw, but i'l be in the ballencrief for lunch some day next week though :)

05-10-2017, 06:46 PM

What blue against white?

05-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Hopefully not. Morrison, Forrest and Phillips offer nothing. I havent been keeping up with it but if Snodgrass's form has picked up on loan at Villa i'd start him and I'd start McGregor.

Strongly disagree with Phillips offering nothing

05-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Pink kits, ffs....

I quite like it :greengrin

05-10-2017, 06:48 PM
great seeing the hibs end packed

as well as the other stands

What blue against white?

The white sleeves in our home top apparently

I quite like it :greengrin

Have you thought about therapy, lol!!

05-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Strongly disagree with Phillips offering nothing

Phillips is a class act.

05-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Bannon and Fletcher have been playing consistently well at a higher level than SJM so I think they deserve to start.

Forrest is the one I can't get my head around, he shouldn't be in the squad let alone the first team.

Pretty much agree with that.

Fletcher is someone managers want to play at a level that the rest of the squad can only meet or aspire to.

Right or wrong, that's the facts.

I'm not convinced about Bannan but open-minded.

Agree re Forrest. He has some skill but he very clearly stands out as a Strachan favourite, with little evidence to justify him deserving his place.

05-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Just switched on. Pink shirts?

We're at home FFS!

05-10-2017, 06:54 PM
that's a penalty

05-10-2017, 06:55 PM
That's a penalty. Refs bottled it.

05-10-2017, 07:00 PM
The white sleeves in our home top apparently

Why haven't we got a dark blue home strip, that pink thing is a joke.

speedy_gonzales
05-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Have we no right backs? Tierney has pace but we need a right foot wrapped around the ball to send it in,,,,

05-10-2017, 07:05 PM
So close there!

05-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Great save

05-10-2017, 07:06 PM
What a save that is. Top drawer. He barely had a second to react.

05-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Fussy ref!

David_D
05-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Red card Slovakia.

He is off!

andybev1
Yes!!! 10 men!

Slovakia down to 10 men, 2nd really for diving!

just need them to go down to 8 men now :greengrin

05-10-2017, 07:09 PM
He should've been the ref on Saturday 😂

Hooray! 10 men.

Craig Gordon is one lucky boy. Why is he trying to get involved there? Let the defender deal with it. It's a dive but it's a matter of centimetre and/or a poor referee

i honestly thought gordon tripped him....thank goodness for the camera...and the referee

David_D
22 minutes in and referee is all over the place.

05-10-2017, 07:10 PM
i honestly thought gordon tripped him....thank goodness for the camera...and the referee

I did too

05-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Awful refereeing from Hamish McIrnbru

05-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Uruguay 86 all over again.

SJNB Hibby

Beat me to it

How? he was quite rightly sent off. Two clear bookable offences

05-10-2017, 07:12 PM

Craig Gordon is one lucky boy. Why is he trying to get involved there? Let the defender deal with it. It's a dive but it's a matter of centimetre and/or a poor referee

I thought he actually did well to completely draw himself away from challenging him.

DP slavering ***** again, 2 stick on yellows ya prick !!

05-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Not sure what Provan is slavering about on the telly. Clear red card and good refereeing.

How? he was quite rightly sent off. Two clear bookable offences

Yes agreed both were legit yellow cards.

I'm not sure we can say that. Mak's bookings were both justified and we don't know what was said at the free kick. Only decision we can be sure he's got wrong is not giving us the pen!

05-10-2017, 07:14 PM
What’s all this crap about bad refereeing on here and from that erse co commentator?

Do you know what was said?

He was booked for complaining and then dived...**** all to do with the referee.

05-10-2017, 07:15 PM
I thought he actually did well to completely draw himself away from challenging him.He shouldn't have been there in the 1st place. Easy clearance for the defender until he came wandering and caused an issue.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

05-10-2017, 07:16 PM
What’s all this crap about bad refereeing on here and from that erse co commentator?

No he wasn't, he was booked for halfing Forrest

05-10-2017, 07:17 PM

His first yellow was for a late challenge on forrest.

05-10-2017, 07:17 PM

No he wasnt he was booked for a tackle earlier on and a dive not the complaining.

05-10-2017, 07:19 PM

Ffs I hope not.

05-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Lobotka is a tricky customer.

05-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Ffs I hope not.

I dunno why anyone doubts it. Trust ye not in hope, it's Scotland ffs.

05-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Slovakia look better with 10.

05-10-2017, 07:22 PM
only 55 mins left c'mon man

05-10-2017, 07:22 PM

Put your glasses on!

05-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Scotland seem to have lost it a little since the red card. I’m also struggling to see what Bannan and Fletcher offer?

05-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Good save again by the Soovakia keeper, Griffiths hasn't done much wrong.

05-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Put your glasses on!

Does STV no work on your telly? :greengrin

05-10-2017, 07:26 PM
get SJM on for bannan or morrison for the 2nd 45

Devonhibs
05-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Morrison slowing the play down too much

05-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I'd look at McGinn or McGreggor to try and link the striker and midfield. There seems to currently be 3 central midfielders then a big gap then Griffiths. Someone to shorten it then drive with the ball would help here imo.

05-10-2017, 07:29 PM
I'd look at McGinn or McGreggor to try and link the striker and midfield. There seems to currently be 3 central midfielders then a big gap then Griffiths. Someone to shorten it then drive with the ball would help here imo.

05-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Does STV no work on your telly? :greengrin

Bowed to pressure from the laddie to watch his beloved Scotland :-)

05-10-2017, 07:30 PM
No he wasnt he was booked for a tackle earlier on and a dive not the complaining.

Cool. The point still stands though and the refs done nothing wrong.

andybev1
05-10-2017, 07:30 PM
mcginn on at half time?

Kavinho
05-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Look a bit disjointed alright, despite or maybe because of the extra man

05-10-2017, 07:32 PM
"You talk about Callum McGregor and John McGinn but the best performance I've seen over the last three or four weeks is Barry Bannan's so he's definitely at the forefront of what we're trying to do," Strachan said. Must have been an amazing performance from Barry Bannon...

SJNB Hibby
05-10-2017, 07:33 PM
mcginn on at half time?

Shirley

05-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Yeah or even Fraser on wide and move Phillips central to give an aerial threat from crosses.

Strachan goes on about how good Bannan is for Sheff Wednesday. Aye maybe but he plays deep for them, quarterback style. So why play him more advanced tonight where he looks a bit lost?

Darren Fletcher is just very slow these days, so deliberate in every pass

05-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Morrison slowing the play down too much

Yep, as are Bannan and Fletcher. Too pedestrian. It's only when the full backs or Forrest are on the ball we look threatening.

Has someone forgotten to tell the team that we actually need to win this game? Need to up the tempo ASAP.

Didn't Steve Nichol try to pass it into the net?

05-10-2017, 07:35 PM
That was utter rubbish really need to up the tempo...poor selection from wee chesney yet again

05-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Bowed to pressure from the laddie to watch his beloved Scotland :-)

Can't decide if that's good parenting or bad parenting :greengrin

05-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Need to change it. Id love to see mcginn in for bannan and try get some drive from midfield but i think its more likely going to be another striker. Prob chris martin

05-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Need more energy in the middle of the pitch

05-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Not sure what Provan is slavering about on the telly. Clear red card and good refereeing.

Mac is an imbecile, firstly for diving when on a yellow. His brain went into gear once he hit the deck, as he remembered what a dive would mean. Secondly for remonstrating when there was no case for the defence. Idiot.

05-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Need more energy in the middle of the pitch

This 100%. We're playing as if the draw suits us. More energy, more movement, bravery on the ball and quicker passing. Playing like an English Div 1 match.

05-10-2017, 07:43 PM
I think we've been ok. Their keeper has made a couple of good saves.

Bannan has been pish and needs hooked. Fletcher has done well, he's good at what he does.

We need to stay patient, not lose the plot if we're not winning after an hour, although we do need to change it and step up the pace.

I'd bring on McGinn and McGregor after 5-10 minutes if we've not scored. McGinn's drive and ability to carry the ball could be invaluable, as could McGregor's quick feet.

I can't stand Forrest but think he's been ok.

05-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Need to change it. Id love to see mcginn in for bannan and try get some drive from midfield but i think its more likely going to be another striker. Prob chris martin
This game is crying out for sjm. There’s no bite in the midfield.

We are crying out for Mcginn or McGregor

The morons on the radio are arguing about the Scotland pen claim . Pathetic erses.

Can't decide if that's good parenting or bad parenting :greengrin

Consider it to be bad parenting that I couldn't convert him to England, it was going so well until he was about seven. He's now 23 so no chance :-)

05-10-2017, 07:45 PM
We are crying out for Mcginn or McGregor

Agree. Armstrong and brown are a big miss tonight. I'd get mcgregor on

05-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Malta on course to get their first point/s on the board

1-0 v Lithuania at HT

andybev1
05-10-2017, 07:47 PM
edit

05-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Malta on course to get their first point/s on the board

1-0 v Lithuania at HT

Because they are on my coupon....

05-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Looks like the end of Strachen tonight , a far too conservative line up which doesn't look like getting a result in fact I predict a Slovakia win

Slivka just scored a belter for the Liths

Does forrest ever do anything other than flatter to deceive?

05-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Time for Forrest and Bannan to be hooked.

McGinn or McGreggor and Fraser on.

05-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Looks like the end of Strachen tonight , a far too conservative line up which doesn't look like getting a result in fact I predict a Slovakia win

....... and I fancy Slovenia to get a late winner against England ......... we’re oot, methinks.

05-10-2017, 08:01 PM
they'ye getting a lot of space down our right side

05-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Does forrest ever do anything other than flatter to deceive?

He's like the fastest player in a boys club team who attracts a lot of attention despite not offering much beyond pace.

05-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Scotland look like they have had the player sent off.

Brutal selection again, we are a shambles at times! Win, lose, draw get him out.

JohnMcM
Change it Strachan, for god's sake man, change it!
The team is crying out for a driving mid-fielder........ SJM, Martin or McGreggor, we can all see it for god's sake.

Humo
05-10-2017, 08:03 PM
He's like the fastest player in a boys club team who attracts a lot of attention despite not offering much beyond pace.I just love the way he runs. He looks like such a muppet

Honking second half so far

Forrest finally hooked. Chris Martin on, gives us a bit height at least.

awwwww man that ***** keeper again

05-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Thought Griffiths had scored there

Wrong forum? Probably but slivka scores against Malta

What a save again. That ball moved all over the place.

05-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Brutal selection again, we are a shambles at times! Win, lose, draw get him out.

Aye, bottled it with his team selection in the Georgia game last campaign and has done the same again. Shocking starting line up.

05-10-2017, 08:07 PM
I still think we'll nick this. Poor as we have been second half I think 1 goal wins it and the game is being played in their half.

05-10-2017, 08:08 PM
I still think we'll nick this. Poor as we have been second half I think 1 goal wins it and the game is being played in their half.

No chance. Stop it.

05-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Slovaks canny shoot for toffee. We'll win.

05-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Not working second half

05-10-2017, 08:10 PM
The actual **** is Bannan doing? Get the head up and have a look.

Get somebody with a bit of drive in the ****ing midfield. Jesus Christ

JohnMcM

Really?

Well mate, if you can put that confidence in a bottle, I'll happily pay you a tenner a go:greengrin

Honking second half so far

Shocking stuff. First half was so much better.

05-10-2017, 08:11 PM
I'm watching the England game since the Scotland game isnt on here. Can't see us beating Slovenia even if we do win today.

off the bar :(

Martin hits the bar, we're getting closer! :greengrin

05-10-2017, 08:12 PM
How close was that? Martin isn't hiding anyway.

05-10-2017, 08:13 PM
No chance. Stop it.
Griffiths will get another chance and il put money on him taking it.

I’ll go for Martin to score 88th min.

Get somebody with a bit of drive in the ****ing midfield. Jesus Christ

Was thinking John McGinn, myself :wink:

05-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Fletcher has run his race. Few tired passes from him in the last 5 minutes.

Drop Bannan deep and let McGinn or McGreggor have a go.

05-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Was thinking John McGinn, myself :wink:

Jason Cummings. (I am not Jesus, but I have the same initials).

05-10-2017, 08:15 PM
sparky time

05-10-2017, 08:16 PM
James mCarthur ffs. What' s he going to show we haven't seen before?

the damn bar again

followed by yet another great save by that freakin keeper

How have we not scored?!!?

How we not winning?

05-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Ffs it's just not our night.

Hit the bar then another world class save.

Forever_Green93
05-10-2017, 08:17 PM
OMG!!!! Please just go in the back of the net!

05-10-2017, 08:18 PM
How the duck is this still 0-0.

I'm glad no-one thinks we're winning this.

Odds on the wee Hun rat Weiss scoring a late goal?

05-10-2017, 08:19 PM
This isnae real!!!

05-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Expecting Slovenia to sneak a winner anyway.

05-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Get on your ****ing toes Morrison. Standing watching Martin win the header before moving.

05-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Why is he not changing for a bit of energy in the middle of the park!!!

05-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Save again! Man of the match is a foregone conclusion.

05-10-2017, 08:21 PM
https://imgtc.b-cdn.net/uploads/3VPfuiziMYo.mp4

Vickys goal for Lithuania. Absolute class.

05-10-2017, 08:22 PM
James MacArthur......JHC same old same old

05-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Blimey how many subs are they putting on?

anya coming on for tierney

Imagine having McGregor and McGinn on the bench and no bringing them on

05-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Keep kicking the ball at where the keeper is and it’s not going on.

Kick the ball where the keeper isn’t and we might be onto something.

Bet Slovakia would have scored if they’d had this many chances.

The Martin sub I get. The other 2 have left me a bit baffled tbh.

Navids Numpties
Not sure if I’m late not following this but Slivka was scored for Lithuania.

https://imgtc.b-cdn.net/uploads/3VPfuiziMYo.mp4

Vickys goal for Lithuania. Absolute class.

Who's the Hibby on the left of the crowd celebrating the goal?

05-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Here's an idea let's leave two players brimming with confidence after both scoring 2 each in their last game on the bench when you need a goal

guthrie01
05-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Why bring on Anya when we need a goal, pointless sub just costing us time

05-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Here's an idea let's leave two players brimming with confidence after both scoring 2 each in their last game on the bench when you need a goal

He'll play them both on Saturday when it doesn't matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYfT4bD3PSQ

We all know Strachan`s history of Subs..

Sticking with the old faithful, how has that worked out the past 20 years?

ChicagoHibee
The Martin sub I get. The other 2 have left me a bit baffled tbh.

Agreed

Strachan seems to prefer tried and trusted rather than in form. Baffling final two substitutions.

05-10-2017, 08:29 PM

He hates a risk does Gordon. Playing for a draw when we need three.

frustration frustration frustration

Strachan’s working his ticket here. He’s old news now.

Late goal needed at Hampden. Get David Gray on.

05-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Bannan's done ok .

05-10-2017, 08:31 PM
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ooooohhhhhg

That's why those subs were made :greengrin