PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous

jimmyboco#1
05-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know what length of contract he is on...?

I've heard some strong rumours that Celtic have been sniffing about him, so hope he's on a long deal or that we get him on one ASAP. IMHO he has everything it takes to go right to the top and is a real leader too.

CallumLaidlaw
05-10-2017, 09:18 AM
New deal signed in January -

[QUOTE][/There are high hopes, too, for Porteous – who has excelled on loan at Edinburgh City at just 17 years old.

That’s been reflected in the offer of a five-year contract.
QUOTE]

That's a quote from Kenny Millar in the Sun at the time.

JimBHibees
05-10-2017, 09:19 AM
New deal signed in January -

[QUOTE][/There are high hopes, too, for Porteous – who has excelled on loan at Edinburgh City at just 17 years old.

That’s been reflected in the offer of a five-year contract.
QUOTE]

That's a quote from Kenny Millar in the Sun at the time.

He signed that deal?

calumhibee1
05-10-2017, 09:22 AM
I’d have Ryan signed up on the longest deal we possibly can if we don’t already.

CallumLaidlaw
05-10-2017, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=CallumLaidlaw;5185066]New deal signed in January -

He signed that deal?

Seems to be the case - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7208

JimBHibees
05-10-2017, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;5185067]

Excellent news as he is a huge prospect.

jimmyboco#1
05-10-2017, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;5185067]

Doesn't seem to mention the length of the deal. Really hope it is the 5 year one as mentioned previously. Can anyone confirm this....?

Ronniekirk
05-10-2017, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=CallumLaidlaw;5185070]

Doesn't seem to mention the length of the deal. Really hope it is the 5 year one as mentioned previously. Can anyone confirm this....?

He defo signed Cant remember if four or five years But the good news is he has probably got the longest contract of all the youngsters reflecting how highly he is rated
This lad looks the real deal but have said that before about others that then didn't fulfil their early potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
05-10-2017, 10:42 AM
This guy has all the attributes to be a huge player for us in the future! Was very impressed when I seen him against Montrose earlier this season. Strong, calm, good passer, and an areal threat. Everything you want in a centre half

KWJ
05-10-2017, 11:25 AM
This guy has all the attributes to be a huge player for us in the future! Was very impressed when I seen him against Montrose earlier this season. Strong, calm, good passer, and an areal threat. Everything you want in a centre half

He's one of those suffering from Scotland not having any reserve football. Too good for U19s but not able to get enough first team games. Hope we see more of him soon.

Smartie
05-10-2017, 12:02 PM
I think he needs to be playing more regularly, for his sake.

He's not a scrawny wee laddie that needs protected - he's a big, strapping lad that needs to be playing every week for someone.

Making mistakes and learning to bounce back from them are a very important part of a player's development, and that's what he needs to be doing right now.

I hope we don't lose him.

IAmLee
05-10-2017, 12:28 PM
I think they would have let him go out on loan had Fonts and Darren not been injured, the switch to Dumbarton would have made sense, he could have trained with the 1st team most of the week and still got regular game time. Where does he figure at the moment if everyone's fit? I'd have him playing before Fontaine personally.

indiejak1413
05-10-2017, 06:23 PM
I reckon he'll be kept on for the next few years and maybe get a game or 2. But ultimately end up the same as Wotherspoon, Forster, Booth, Stanton,Harris,Handling,Crane and probably F.Murray. Everyone of these lads were lauded as the next best thing then nothing. So the so called youth development isn't working.
Maybe it's me but a reserve league would be the way forward . Young Porteous would surely do better by going out on loan than sitting warming the bench week in week out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
05-10-2017, 06:44 PM
I reckon he'll be kept on for the next few years and maybe get a game or 2. But ultimately end up the same as Wotherspoon, Forster, Booth, Stanton,Harris,Handling,Crane and probably F.Murray. Everyone of these lads were lauded as the next best thing then nothing. So the so called youth development isn't working.
Maybe it's me but a reserve league would be the way forward . Young Porteous would surely do better by going out on loan than sitting warming the bench week in week out.

I would argue that other than Wotherspoon, none of these guys developed in the first team enough to warrant a regular first team
Place. I think Murray has a real chance and as does Porteous - already looks
More talented than Forster (for example)

HoboHarry
05-10-2017, 06:46 PM

You no got any Leonard Cohen records you can go and listen too since yer so bloody happy?

indiejak1413
05-10-2017, 06:53 PM
You no got any Leonard Cohen records you can go and listen too since yer so bloody happy?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] sorry I don't mean to sound defeatist but all we hear from the likes of George Craig is youth development this and youth development that. Utter garbage I'm afraid . I prefer the Smiths by the way!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
05-10-2017, 08:06 PM

What you say is probably true but rendered superfluous by actions of Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump which will vaporize the planet before we can run a proper rule on the career of Porteous.

Unless a radioactive zombie Porteous emerged from the rubble with a melted ball stuck to his feet.

Mr White
05-10-2017, 08:18 PM
What you say is probably true but rendered superfluous by actions of Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump which will vaporize the planet before we can run a proper rule on the career of Porteous.

Unless a radioactive zombie Porteous emerged from the rubble with a melted ball stuck to his feet.

Under those circumstances he'd surely sign for the rangers faster than you could say "zombie apocalypse" Bob?

Dashing Bob S
05-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Under those circumstances he'd surely sign for the rangers faster than you could say "zombie apocalypse" Bob?

They would be the only club to survive and therefore restored to their rightful position as the world’s most successful club.

Mr White
05-10-2017, 08:37 PM
They would be the only club to survive and therefore restored to their rightful position as the world’s most successful club.

It's what they've always wanted.

Scott Allan Key
05-10-2017, 11:01 PM
It's what they've always wanted.

Yes, utter desecration of all that is pure and good. ‘Consumed by hatred’ would be a great newco motto for them.

miller99
06-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Anyone know where the remaining Scotland under 19's games against France are being played? Fixtures are on the SFA website but no venue.

GoalsMcGinley
06-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Both Ryan and Fraser Murray signed 5 year contracts in January.

Not In The Know
06-10-2017, 12:28 PM

Jeez... With the real dearth of quality centrebacks in football at the moment and the crazy prices for any with the smallest amount of ability, Ryan has the potential to be hibs most valuable player ever. If he matures at the rate he is at the moment and the key thing being keeps a decent amount of pace then the skies the limit for him.

jimmyboco#1
06-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Both Ryan and Fraser Murray signed 5 year contracts in January.

Not disputing what you say, but how do you know this? length of deal not published anywhere as far as I can see.... Do you have inside info...? Just very keen to know as they are both potentially huge assets to us. Thanks

Saturday Boy
06-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Anyone know where the remaining Scotland under 19's games against France are being played? Fixtures are on the SFA website but no venue.

I understand Saturday's game is at Oriam with a 12:00 kick off.

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 03:59 PM

I might head along to that.

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 05:38 PM
I just phoned the oriam and it’s not being played there.

Saturday Boy
06-10-2017, 07:16 PM
I just phoned the oriam and it’s not being played there.

Sorry I might have been given duff gen. Perhaps it's on the outdoor 3G rather than indoor?

SFA doing their best to keep it secret 😉

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Sorry I might have been given duff gen. Perhaps it's on the outdoor 3G rather than indoor?

SFA doing their best to keep it secret 😉
They certainly are, I’ve looked on the net a few times and I can’t find a venue.

Billy Whizz
06-10-2017, 07:22 PM
They certainly are, I’ve looked on the net a few times and I can’t find a venue.

It’s behind closed doors, so could be anywhere
Wonder why the 1st one is on TV, and the other one is the truth top secret?

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 07:26 PM
It’s behind closed doors, so could be anywhere
Wonder why the 1st one is on TV, and the other one is the truth top secret?
It’s a bit strange tbh. It probably is at the oriam, and they’ve been told to say nothing about it.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-10-2017, 07:36 PM
It’s a bit strange tbh. It probably is at the oriam, and they’ve been told to say nothing about it.

I watched the first game on Youtube, commentator definitely said the 2nd game is behind closed doors at Oriam

StevieCowan
06-10-2017, 07:45 PM
2nd game is at the Oriam on the outdoor pitch

Billy Whizz
06-10-2017, 07:48 PM
2nd game is at the Oriam on the outdoor pitch

Ok, is it a 12 noon ko