PDA

View Full Version : Could Aberdeen Sell Out The Whole of the South?

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2017, 01:46 PM
On the basis they took 7,000 to Murrayfield?

I doubt it. That was on the novelty of playing in a national stadium.

That said, the trip to Edinburgh might have appealed so I suspect higher than normal demand. They could do up to 2,500 instead of the usual 1,500.

PercyHibs
04-10-2017, 01:49 PM

That said, the trip to Edinburgh might have appealed so I suspect higher than normal demand. They could do up to 2,500 instead of the usual 1,500.

Should we offer them more tickets if we think our own fans would sell out??

Aberdeen have asked for more tickets but I see we've almost sold out the rest of the ground.

Hibernia&Alba
04-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Aberdeen always have a loyal away following and take a good support everywhere. Not sure they could sell the entire south for a league game though.

Ronniekirk
04-10-2017, 02:21 PM
They are joint top of the League i think they could Sell it out and they have asked for more Tickets as Sold out original Allocation
I suspect they will shift enough to prevent Hibs Fans going in the South if Hubs continue to give them more Tickets So would be good to get Hibs position on this fixture soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yonder1875
04-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Hibs simply must cater for our own fans first

Aberdeen have sold out their initial allocation, fair enough - but if there's only 700 tickets left for a big game in over a weeks time I don't think we should give Aberdeen more tickets yet.

DH1875
04-10-2017, 03:20 PM
How many is/was their inital allocation?

Hermit Crab
04-10-2017, 03:24 PM
They've asked Hibs for more tickets. A waiting list is in operation. Oh and their loyalty points system seems to work a treat.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171004/0fd0c85500d2faad99d86f64edded7ba.png

Souter96Mac
04-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Shove their waiting list

Hermit Crab
04-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Shove their waiting list

We have around 700 tickets left. Good chance we will give them the whole South. If we do we only have ourselves to blame for nt selling out the home ends.

GlesgaeHibby
04-10-2017, 03:33 PM
We have around 700 tickets left. Good chance we will give them the whole South. If we do we only have ourselves to blame for nt selling out the home ends.

The game is still 10 days away, and to have less than 700 left is good going. Would imagine the 700 will be gone by early next week, at which point the South will be opened up for Hibs fans to buy tickets.

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Given they are joint top of the league thanks to Hibs doing them a favour :greengrin there's every chance they could sell 3,000 tickets, though I doubt they could shift the 3,900 it would take to fill the south, given that they couldn't even shift their full allocation for this years cup final. Don't get me wrong, given the distance their fans have to travel compared to most clubs their away support is very good, when was the last time we took over 2,000 to Pittodrie?

Having said that I don't see why we should be giving Aberdeen a full stand when there's every chance we could fill at least a third of the south with Hibs fans ..... If that looks unlikely by next Monday afternoon then fine, but we should hold off until then IMO :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-10-2017, 03:41 PM
More than sure that they could sell out. Would be an interesting statistic if our biggest home crowd of the season was not against the full-fat or diet Huns or Celtc.

IGRIGI
04-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Would I **** be giving them the full South, should be giving everyone a small corner Ibrox style in order to make the place a fortress.

Arch Stanton
04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Given they are joint top of the league thanks to Hibs doing them a favour :greengrin there's every chance they could sell 3,000 tickets, though I doubt they could shift the 3,900 it would take to fill the south, given that they couldn't even shift their full allocation for this years cup final. Don't get me wrong, given the distance their fans have to travel compared to most clubs their away support is very good, when was the last time we took over 2,000 to Pittodrie?

Having said that I don't see why we should be giving Aberdeen a full stand when there's every chance we could fill at least a third of the south with Hibs fans ..... If that looks unlikely by next Monday afternoon then fine, but we should hold off until then IMO :aok:

Monday sounds about right to me - we cam't worry about people who are holding off buying a ticket given the possibility that tickets will not be available.

It's not as if having Hibs fans in the South adds anything to the atmosphere and given the fans' performance at Parkhead I can't see us being outshouted no matter how many sheep fans there are.

I also think ticket scrambles are good for the club as they add value to the tickets - more STs sold in December can't be bad.

Arch Stanton
04-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Would I **** be giving them the full South, should be giving everyone a small corner Ibrox style in order to make the place a fortress.

Like it makes Ibrox a fortress? :greengrin

Amyway, the way the team is developing I can see ER becoming a fortress regardless of how many away fans there are.

Stokesy's on fire
04-10-2017, 03:57 PM

No murrayfield was a major one off from them. Our club should give the remaining seats to hibs supporters.

Stokesy's on fire
04-10-2017, 03:57 PM

Agreed!

Stokesy's on fire
04-10-2017, 03:58 PM
More than sure that they could sell out. Would be an interesting statistic if our biggest home crowd of the season was not against the full-fat or diet Huns or Celtc.

Sheep wont take More than hearts or celtic

Hibernia&Alba
04-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Agreed. I don't like giving the Old Firm the full stand, though I appreciate there are financial benefits. I just don't see why we should, when they give us around one thousand tickets each. We should at least be demanding more tickets at their stadia. Hearts is fair enough: it's a reciprocal arrangement and adds to the derby atmosphere.

Stokesy's on fire
04-10-2017, 03:59 PM
How many is/was their inital allocation?

1500-2000?

Peevemor
04-10-2017, 04:02 PM
1500-2000?

Arch Stanton
04-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Sheep wont take More than hearts or celtic

No, but they could sell out the South - thereafter it is a question of how many Hibs fans turn up.

Stokesy's on fire
04-10-2017, 04:10 PM
No, but they could sell out the South - thereafter it is a question of how many Hibs fans turn up.

Our fans can sell out half the south based on tickets already sold and i think its only fair that we give our own fans first choice. The sheep can get stuffed

lord bunberry
04-10-2017, 04:13 PM
I hope we aren't even considering giving them more tickets. The game is not for another week and a half. The tickets should go to hibs fans.

SirDavidsNapper
04-10-2017, 04:14 PM
We shouldn't be accommodating more Aberdeen fans if we can accomodate more Hibs fans that's the bottom line. Give them half the south and us the other half. We had over 17k against Motherwell for goodness sake. I don't want Hibs fans prevented from going because of away fans.

Arch Stanton
04-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Our fans can sell out half the south based on tickets already sold and i think its only fair that we give our own fans first choice. The sheep can get stuffed

That isn't the point being made - you can't have a record attendance if the South is split given the need for separation.

On the point you are now making, then, if we ever want to have the South permanently half-full of Hibs fans then we need to create demand - and running out of tickets does just that.

Keeping South seats empty for the slowcoach fans means a decrease in demand as fans can just stroll up on the day if they have a mind to - it just isn't a sensible way to get more Hibs fans in.

jgl07
04-10-2017, 04:42 PM
We shouldn't be accommodating more Aberdeen fans if we can accommodate more Hibs fans that's the bottom line. Give them half the south and us the other half. We had over 17k against Motherwell for goodness sake. I don't want Hibs fans prevented from going because of away fans.
The tickets for Aberdeen have been on sale for weeks if not months. There are still plenty of tickets not sold. If people want to convince the club not to allocate more tickets to the visitors this requires the seats to be bought well in advance and not hanging around until the last minute and swanning in.

This has not been an issue so far this season as none of the visiting teams so far were ever going to fill more than one third of the South Stand. It's not an issue for the Hearts match given the (informal) agreement between the clubs. It certainly is an issue for Aberdeen and could be for the Celtc and Sevco matches. You can hardly blame the club for allocating more tickets to anyone who will be able to fill the South Stand if Hibs fans remain tardy at buying tickets in advance.

Not being able to get a ticket for the sheep match may be the shock that could change attitudes.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2017, 04:44 PM
the Sheep can Ram any suggestion of extra tickets

SirDavidsNapper
04-10-2017, 04:45 PM
The tickets for Aberdeen have been on sale for weeks if not months. There are still plenty of tickets not sold. If people want to convince the club not to allocate more tickets to the visitors this requires the seats to be bought well in advance and not hanging around until the last minute and swanning in.

This has not been an issue so far this season as none of the visiting teams so far were ever going to fill more than one third of the South Stand. It's not an issue for the Hearts match given the (informal) agreement between the clubs. It certainly is an issue for Aberdeen and could be for the Celtc and Sevco matches. You can hardly blame the club for allocating more tickets to anyone who will be able to fill the South Stand if Hibs fans remain tardy at buying tickets in advance.

Not being able to get a ticket for the sheep match may be the shock that could change attitudes.I'm convinced we'll sell this out. A lot of folk will want to walk up on the day

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
04-10-2017, 04:48 PM

Easy for ewe to say!

scoopyboy
04-10-2017, 05:05 PM
I'm convinced we'll sell this out. A lot of folk will want to walk up on the day

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

They might not get the chance to walk up on the day, it's a gamble that could well go wrong.

There are plenty of tickets on sale right now so the chance is there to guarantee entry.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Easy for ewe to say!

i just want the sheep fans herded in to one side of the south

Carheenlea
04-10-2017, 05:14 PM
I think we should be selling tickets in the South already. Doesn't really matter if rest of ground isn't completely sold out, but gives walk up fans the option of buying better seats than those that may remain, and encourages groups to sit together.

Dunfyhibee
04-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Only around 200 left in the home stands according to hibs, should get the south opened up for hibees now

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2017, 05:37 PM
I think we should be selling tickets in the South already. Doesn't really matter if rest of ground isn't completely sold out, but gives walk up fans the option of buying better seats than those that may remain, and encourages groups to sit together.

this, all of it

one day maybe...
04-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Aberdeen will sell out the South Stand stop mucking around and just give them the whole stand.

B.H.F.C
04-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Aberdeen will sell out the South Stand stop mucking around and just give them the whole stand.

Why when there is now only 200 left for the home stands?

SirDavidsNapper
04-10-2017, 05:44 PM

Hibs will easily fill half of it

Earlydelivery
04-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Why ? We have had about 1000 home fans in south every home game this season !!

macca70
04-10-2017, 06:00 PM

Not so sure that’s correct, last home game the only reason South Stand was opened up for Hibs fans was for Hibs kids

Arch Stanton
04-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Well yes, we could learn from Hearts who have taken half the Roseburn away from the OF by virtue of having 15k ST holders some of whom were seated in the Roseburn.

Or we could just jump on a well-meaning bandwagon and decide not to encourage ST purchase by instead focussing on walk-ups. after all, the ability to reserve a seat of choice is a key benefit of ST holding.

jgl07
04-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Well yes, we could learn from Hearts who have taken half the Roseburn away from the OF by virtue of having 15k ST holders some of whom were seated in the Roseburn.

This is a theoretical issue as we have yet to see a SPL match at Tynecastle this season!

lord bunberry
04-10-2017, 06:40 PM
I could give a **** if they could sell out the whole stadium. There’s no way hibs fans should miss out to accommodate away fans.

Arch Stanton
04-10-2017, 06:43 PM
This is a theoretical issue as we have yet to see a SPL match at Tynecastle this season!

Ratz, I hoped people wouldn't realise I was talking about previous seasons. And also,, now they have a larger ground they might find 15k STs a bit light to sustain on-going splitting of the Roseburn.

Earlydelivery
04-10-2017, 06:48 PM

wookie70
04-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Aberdeen sold out initial allocation using their loyalty points scheme in 10 hours. Could be another sell out

SRHibs
04-10-2017, 07:15 PM

Well they must’ve all been wearing only green because I couldn’t see them. We had one week where we sold seats in the South. We also had a Hibs Kids day, but there were still plenty of seats around the stadium, so opening the South was done out of convenience, not necessity.

scoopyboy
04-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Why when there is now only 200 left for the home stands?

Where's 200 coming from?

B.H.F.C
04-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Where's 200 coming from?

Hibs tweeted this earlier on.

Tickets for our match against Aberdeen are selling fast, with a couple of hundred left in the home stands

scoopyboy
04-10-2017, 07:24 PM

Tickets for our match against Aberdeen are selling fast, with a couple of hundred left in the home stands

They said less than 700 on official site, there's about 650ish left just now.

Arch Stanton
04-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Probably just wanted to start panic buying - like those adverts that say "hurry, only a few left".

Stuart93
04-10-2017, 07:34 PM
I think Aberdeen could sell out the south

renato
04-10-2017, 09:18 PM
I could give a **** if they could sell out the whole stadium. There’s no way hibs fans should miss out to accommodate away fans.

Exactly, the end.

Said pretty much the same on the other thread. Home end will sell out and we'll need part of the south for Hibs fans, who of course need to be the priority - this goes for any home game, but especially for one against a team we need to compete with this season. Huge game.

Winston Ingram
04-10-2017, 09:26 PM

Strange claim considering they’ve never done it before...

Stuart93
04-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Strange claim considering they’ve never done it before...

I've been to a few hibs Aberdeen games in the past where they've near enough sold both upper and lower tiers

WhileTheChief..
04-10-2017, 09:48 PM
I’d give Aberdeen the whole stand.

In a perverse way it could be good if some Hibs fan miss out now and then. It might encourage more to buy half STs and then renew for next season?

If people get the feeling that the only way to get to games is to buy a ST then that’s got to be a good thing.

Appreciate that not everyone wants or can get one but there will always be some walk ups available, just not as many!

Nicho87
04-10-2017, 09:54 PM
I'd keep 1000 seats back in the south for late purchases/walk up hibbys.

hibsboy07
04-10-2017, 10:42 PM
They've asked Hibs for more tickets. A waiting list is in operation. Oh and their loyalty points system seems to work a treat.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171004/0fd0c85500d2faad99d86f64edded7ba.png
Yet there is still bleeding from the sheep of fans with 180 points not getting tickets

jgl07
05-10-2017, 12:10 AM
They said less than 700 on official site, there's about 650ish left just now.
Now around 612 left.

312 in West
135 in FF
165 in East

Unless they all shift by weekend I can see the whole of the South Stand tickets heading North.

There is no way that Hibs will hold back tickets for walk ups in the South if they can sell the lot to Aberdeen while tickets in the East and West remain.

It is to Hibs fans to force the issue of course.

houstonhibbee
05-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Now around 612 left.

312 in West
135 in FF
165 in East

Unless they all shift by weekend I can see the whole of the South Stand tickets heading North.

There is no way that Hibs will hold back tickets for walk ups in the South if they can sell the lot to Aberdeen while tickets in the East and West remain.

Whichever way you look at it demand is outstripping supply

lord bunberry
05-10-2017, 12:59 AM
Now around 612 left.

312 in West
135 in FF
165 in East

We don’t know that Aberdeen will definitely sell them all. We’d look pretty silly turning hibs fans away if Aberdeen don’t sell the tickets we give them.

Johnny_Leith
05-10-2017, 01:44 AM
Aberdeen would definitely sell the full south stand allocation. They are flying and traditionally have always carried a decent support, like any support it will be swelled by getting results.

houstonhibbee
05-10-2017, 02:04 AM
Aberdeen would definitely sell the full south stand allocation. They are flying and traditionally have always carried a decent support, like any support it will be swelled by getting results.
Its not so much whether they sell it out its more a matter of who would fill more seats.

Slicer
05-10-2017, 02:12 AM
If it's not looking like Hibs fans will fill the south closer to the day, why don't we give them 2/3rd's of the stand? Probably give any Hibby who wanted to go a ticket and maximise income too. Concourse is split down the middle but doesn't mean the segregation has to be.

Johnny_Leith
05-10-2017, 02:46 AM
Its not so much whether they sell it out its more a matter of who would fill more seats.

Teach me not to read the full thread before replying!

I'd prefer to see a full stadium, but of course don't want to see any hibby that wants to go miss out.

Time to fill the corners in haha

Dashing Bob S
05-10-2017, 05:16 AM
My own view is that the Aberdeen of today will never sell 3,900 tickets for a League game at Easter Road.

sadtom
05-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Unless Hibs split the Dunbar end into upper (Hibs) and lower (sheep) or vice versa. Then we will not maximise potential income as there will be the sections of seats in upper and lower used for segregation.
Although we are financially much healthier these days, i'm not sure Hibs are in a position to deliberately lose a few hundred paying punters.

Stokesy's on fire
05-10-2017, 06:28 AM

Their home support is poor for a team thats "flying" we have to look after our own and tell the deluded dons to support to bolt

Is It On....
05-10-2017, 06:56 AM

They would just bleet if we did that.

Firestarter
05-10-2017, 06:59 AM
They will get a massive boost getting the whole South. Why give them any advantage especially the reason for shifting tickets is they are half decent. Leave half the stand for walk ups or ticket pod.

Arch Stanton
05-10-2017, 07:19 AM
They will get a massive boost getting the whole South. Why give them any advantage especially the reason for shifting tickets is they are half decent. Leave half the stand for walk ups or ticket pod.

I actually think that Aberdeen filling the South would be a bigger boost to us - Parkhead and Ibrox were our best performances after all.

Given that ABerdeen have a waiting list then they should have a good idea how many they will bring. Find out how big the waiting list is and base any increased allocation on that.

Firestarter
05-10-2017, 08:43 AM
I actually think that Aberdeen filling the South would be a bigger boost to us - Parkhead and Ibrox were our best performances after all.

Given that ABerdeen have a waiting list then they should have a good idea how many they will bring. Find out how big the waiting list is and base any increased allocation on that.

Yeah fair point, and just have to wait and see.

Johnny_Leith
05-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Their home support is poor for a team thats "flying" we have to look after our own and tell the deluded dons to support to bolt

In what way are they not flying ? They're not playing that well and are joint top of the league with a domestically unbeatable team.

Stokesy's on fire
05-10-2017, 08:56 AM
In what way are they not flying ? They're not playing that well and are joint top of the league with a domestically unbeatable team.

let's see how unbeatable they are when they play us. Motherwell easily disposed of the sheep recently and its still very early in the season.

Johnny_Leith
05-10-2017, 09:34 AM
let's see how unbeatable they are when they play us. Motherwell easily disposed of the sheep recently and its still very early in the season.

I was saying Celtic are unbeatable. Very optimistic about our chances against Aberdeen despite their start to the season.

Here's hoping 3 points 👍

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-10-2017, 09:42 AM

The dons also recently disposed of Motherwell quite easily, something we werent able to do...

Why deride them, they have consistently been the 2nd best team in scotland for the last three years, winning a cup and getting to two cup finals in the process. That is consistency hibs havent been able to show since the 1970s.

Credit where credit is due.

Keith_M
05-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Could Aberdeen Sell Out The Whole of the South?

Mibbies Aye, Mibbies Naw.

Keith_M
05-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Unless Hibs split the Dunbar end into upper (Hibs) and lower (sheep) or vice versa. Then we will not maximise potential income as there will be the sections of seats in upper and lower used for segregation.
Although we are financially much healthier these days, i'm not sure Hibs are in a position to deliberately lose a few hundred paying punters.

I think they should do just that.

Sell tickets to Home Fans in sections 26 and 27 and the upper tier to Aberdeen Fans.

In the section of the Upper Tier directly above the Hibs Fans, they could leave the front couple of rows empty, to help prevent anybody being tempted to throw stuff onto the Hibs Fans below. I'm sure Hibs actually did that a couple of times before, for instance in a play off game against Airdrie.

jgl07
05-10-2017, 11:09 AM
I think they should do just that.

Sell tickets to Home Fans in sections 26 and 27 and the upper tier to Aberdeen Fans.

In the section of the Upper Tier directly above the Hibs Fans, they could leave the front couple of rows empty, to help prevent anybody being tempted to throw stuff onto the Hibs Fans below. I'm sure Hibs actually did that a couple of times before, for instance in a play off game against Airdrie.

The South Stand used to split Upper for home and Lower for away fan. Then it was changed to East side for zoomed and West side for away fans presumably on the advise (insistence) of the police.

The East/West split loses more seats due to segregation than an Upper/Lower split. With the latter you just need to leave the rows in front of the aisle empty. With East/West segregation you probably lose up to 600-700 seats. Maybe £10,000 to £15,000 in revenue down the pan.

if this was applied to Celtc, Sevco, and Aberdeen matches that amounts to up to £90,000 per season.

Stokesy's on fire
05-10-2017, 11:09 AM
The dons also recently disposed of Motherwell quite easily, something we werent able to do...

Why deride them, they have consistently been the 2nd best team in scotland for the last three years, winning a cup and getting to two cup finals in the process. That is consistency hibs havent been able to show since the 1970s.

We have been in more cup finals than the sheep in the last 10 years and we have actually won more as well...League cup in 2007 and the Scottish cup 2016. We made the Scottish cup final in 2012, 2013 and defeat in the league cup final in 2016...So based on cup final appearances and cups won in the last 10 years we have been more successful than them..we have consistently made it to semi final's as well.. But all I'm saying is they aren't that special.

Stokesy's on fire
05-10-2017, 11:12 AM
I was saying Celtic are unbeatable. Very optimistic about our chances against Aberdeen despite their start to the season.

Here's hoping 3 points 👍

:thumbsup:

Keith_M
05-10-2017, 11:14 AM
The South Stand used to split Upper for home and Lower for away fan. Then it was changed to East side for zoomed and West side for away fans presumably on the advise (insistence) of the police.

The East/West split loses more seats due to segregation than an Upper/Lower split. With the latter you just need to leave the rows in front of the aisle empty. With East/West segregation you probably lose up to 600-700 seats. Maybe £10,000 to £15,000 in revenue down the pan.

if this was applied to Celtc, Sevco, and Aberdeen matches that amounts to up to £90,000 per season.

Cheers.

Thing is, I'm sure we could sell at least a couple of sections in the south and I'm not convinced Aberdeen are going to sell the full 3,900 tickets, so maybe it's worthwhile investigating a way to have some Hibbies in the South and still selling 2,500 or so to Aberdeen.

It's a difficult decision for Hibs to make but still quite a nice quandry to be in, wondering how you can accommodate so many home fans.

NAE NOOKIE
05-10-2017, 11:23 AM

They were a baw hair away from 15,000 on Saturday against St Johnstone, that's on a par with the crowds they were drawing during the Alex Ferguson years. I wouldn't call 15,000 a poor turnout for any club outwith the ugly sisters, especially for a game against St Johnstone, flying or not.

Ronniekirk
05-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Cheers.

Thing is, I'm sure we could sell at least a couple of sections in the south and I'm not convinced Aberdeen are going to sell the full 3,900 tickets, so maybe it's worthwhile investigating a way to have some Hibbies in the South and still selling 2,500 or so to Aberdeen.

It's a difficult decision for Hibs to make but still quite a nice quandry to be in, wondering how you can accommodate so many home fans.

Think its the Police who would be against that They still haven't forgiven us for 21 st May Pitch Invasion and all that went with that over exuberance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
05-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Have Aberdeen ever sold out the South Stand for a league game? No.

Is it likely they will take 3900 fans for the forthcoming league game? No

If we want to our crowds to grow then we need to give the switherers and walks up the chance to come to big games. If the home end is sold out by mid day tomorrow then common sense says to tell the Sheep to bolt and save the upper for the Hibees.

Keith_M
05-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Have Aberdeen ever sold out the South Stand for a league game? No.

Is it likely they will take 3900 fans for the forthcoming league game? No

If we want to our crowds to grow then we need to give the switherers and walks up the chance to come to big games. If the home end is sold out by mid day tomorrow then common sense says to tell the Sheep to bolt and save the upper for the Hibees.

Aberdeen already have the west half of the upper tier.

Vini1875
05-10-2017, 03:27 PM
I thought the way it worked was that the away club bought the tickets and then sold them to their own fans. So Aberdeen FC would have to commit to 3500 tickets and those they couldn't sell they would be stuck with. They would not be able to return them to Hibs. So Aberdeen FC would have to certain they could fill the south stand. The OF and hearts know they will fill the stand so there is no problem committing to the whole 3500. In the case of the jambos though Hibs playing very well can coincide with a jambo boycott or protest against something unrelated to them getting pumped at The Holy Ground.

Hibs on the other hand can sell as many tickets as possible and then a few days before the game could offer Aberdeen more tickets if Hibs fans hadn't taken up full sections in the south stand. I thought that was why when selling tickets in the south stand Hibs tend to be sell them section by section top and bottom.

Keith_M
05-10-2017, 03:41 PM
I thought the way it worked was that the away club bought the tickets and then sold them to their own fans. So Aberdeen FC would have to commit to 3500 tickets and those they couldn't sell they would be stuck with. They would not be able to return them to Hibs. So Aberdeen FC would have to certain they could fill the south stand. The OF and hearts know they will fill the stand so there is no problem committing to the whole 3500. In the case of the jambos though Hibs playing very well can coincide with a jambo boycott or protest against something unrelated to them getting pumped at The Holy Ground.

Hibs on the other hand can sell as many tickets as possible and then a few days before the game could offer Aberdeen more tickets if Hibs fans hadn't taken up full sections in the south stand. I thought that was why when selling tickets in the south stand Hibs tend to be sell them section by section top and bottom.

It's 3,960.

Only wee teams have away ends with 3,500

SirDavidsNapper
05-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Disposed of Motherwell a few days after being ripped apart 3-0 by them. Aberdeen have done well over the last 3 seasons but Hibs are back and I will always expect Hibernian to beat Aberdeen.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-10-2017, 04:14 PM
We have been in more cup finals than the sheep in the last 10 years and we have actually won more as well...League cup in 2007 and the Scottish cup 2016. We made the Scottish cup final in 2012, 2013 and defeat in the league cup final in 2016...So based on cup final appearances and cups won in the last 10 years we have been more successful than them..we have consistently made it to semi final's as well.. But all I'm saying is they aren't that special.

Im not disputing any of that.

But equally, none of that disputes what i said about the dons.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Disposed of Motherwell a few days after being ripped apart 3-0 by them. Aberdeen have done well over the last 3 seasons but Hibs are back and I will always expect Hibernian to beat Aberdeen.

Fair enough, i juat dont underatand why people have to rip other teams. We can be good, but that doesnt mean they are rubbish. Its not a zero-sum game.

Just all seems a bit meanspirited to me.

lord bunberry
05-10-2017, 04:17 PM
A wouldnae gie them the steam oaf ma pish

LancsHibs
05-10-2017, 04:36 PM

Correct, we should never feel inferior to Aberdeen. We are Hibs!

jgl07
05-10-2017, 06:03 PM
That sounds rather Yamish to me.

ian cruise
05-10-2017, 06:11 PM

There's a difference. Not feeling inferior do rant necessarily mean you believe you are superior to them. The yams would definitely believe the latter. We are at least their equal on the pitch and I'd always fancy us to get a result against them, but understand on their day they may walk away with the points.

LancsHibs
05-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Not at all, just don't subscribe to all this hype about Aberdeen and have a lot of belief in Hibs. Never felt AFC have been better than us since Frankie Goes to Holywood were top of the hit parade!

Ray_
06-10-2017, 05:57 AM
Not at all, just don't subscribe to all this hype about Aberdeen and have a lot of belief in Hibs. Never felt AFC have been better than us since Frankie Goes to Holywood were top of the hit parade!

Ironically they went on to win the European Super Cup, League title & Scottish Cup that year.

Do you want to choose another year :greengrin

TrinityHibs
06-10-2017, 06:05 AM
I think you have just said we were better than the sheep that year and even with my greenest of specs that is hard to agree with.:greengrin

LancsHibs
06-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Ironically they went on to win the European Super Cup, League title & Scottish Cup that year.

Do you want to choose another year :greengrin

:faf:OK I meant since the decade of the 80s was over in a broader sense maybe not that specific year! Also thought they were very lucky and overachieved that year:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
06-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Maybe meant Top of the Pops?

The Hit Parade was back in the 50s, a time when we were actually better than Aberdeen!

Stokesy's on fire
06-10-2017, 09:33 AM

I agree with you 100%

Stokesy's on fire
06-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Na he's spot on with what he's saying.

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2017, 11:37 AM

I cant say I've ever felt Hibs were inferior to Aberdeen as a club ... ever.

There have been times when they were clearly a much better side than us and you would be a fool to deny it .. for a time in the 80s they were one of the best sides in Europe, never mind the best side in Scotland.

Whatever they are now they are the team joint top of the league and unbeaten after 8 games .... we will have to be at our best to beat them. Having said that, they have yet to play either of the ugly sisters or us ( obviously ) so a hard away fixture at in form Motherwell aside they have yet to face a real test unless you count away to the Yams, where in all honesty they were lucky to get away with a draw. They are far from unbeatable, but they are unlikely to lose to a team who aren't up for it on the day.

superfurryhibby
06-10-2017, 11:49 AM
I cant say I've ever felt Hibs were inferior to Aberdeen as a club ... ever.

There have been times when they were clearly a much better side than us and you would be a fool to deny it .. for a time in the 80s they were one of the best sides in Europe, never mind the best side in Scotland.

Whatever they are now they are the team joint top of the league and unbeaten after 8 games .... we will have to be at our best to beat them. Having said that, they have yet to play either of the ugly sisters or us ( obviously ) so a hard away fixture at in form Motherwell aside they have yet to face a real test unless you count away to the Yams, where in all honesty they were lucky to get away with a draw. They are far from unbeatable, but they are unlikely to lose to a team who aren't up for it on the day.

League Cup two years ago. Sheep were on fire but we knocked them out. Similar situation to the one we face next week.

Earlydelivery
06-10-2017, 01:16 PM
That's the south open to hibs fans now , that's put that to bed now :thumbsup:

Stokesy's on fire
06-10-2017, 04:20 PM
League Cup two years ago. Sheep were on fire but we knocked them out. Similar situation to the one we face next week.

We destroyed them that night with ease

G B Young
06-10-2017, 05:46 PM
That's the south open to hibs fans now , that's put that to bed now :thumbsup:

Sell out on the cards. Wish it was tomorrow.