Callum7
03-10-2017, 06:18 PM
43200000 Seconds.

Joe6-2
03-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Petrie! 🙄

KSA Hibee
03-10-2017, 07:32 PM
500 days and I still greet like a 56 year auld bairn every time I watch any final related clips ..... to be honest I still can’t believe we actually did it

SirDavidsNapper
03-10-2017, 07:49 PM
When will this bloody hoodoo end?

Callyballybe
03-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Better watch - the yams will start a song about it soon.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Best day of my life.

That may change in approx 8 weeks time... This incoming baby better deliver better than LG!

lugz
03-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Best day of my life.

That may change in approx 8 weeks time... This incoming baby better deliver better than LG!

Me and a few friends who are now dads have spoke about this and the 2 just aren't comparable. You have 9 months or so to build up to the birth of your child and once the wee one arrives the love and pride you feel is unimaginable.
On the other hand....nothing could prepare any of us for what happened that day, the emotion of seeing the ball hit the net then the following 2 mins before the final whistle and the hours/days/weeks until the realisation hit home that we finally done it.

Anyway....congrats on your news and enjoy the wee one when they arrive!!

Mathias Jack
04-10-2017, 09:51 AM
I still can't believe we won it either, especially in the manner that we did, I dunno if it'll ever set in.

From taking the lead in a Scottish Cup Final for the first time in my lifetime, thinking it was done and dusted when Halliday's thunderbolt, Stokesy's equaliser, and SDG's bullet header sending Hibees all around the world into raptures.

The uncontrollable tears and shaking, and relief when that final whistle was blown; seeing Hendo run from the ref when I watch it back, gives me a lump in my throat every time.

What a weekend that was....

DarlingtonHibee
04-10-2017, 09:58 AM
I still can't believe we won it either, especially in the manner that we did, I dunno if it'll ever set in.

From taking the lead in a Scottish Cup Final for the first time in my lifetime, thinking it was done and dusted when Halliday's thunderbolt, Stokesy's equaliser, and SDG's bullet header sending Hibees all around the world into raptures.

The uncontrollable tears and shaking, and relief when that final whistle was blown; seeing Hendo run from the ref when I watch it back, gives me a lump in my throat every time.

Still bloody crying my eyes out when I watch it...

DaveSo
04-10-2017, 10:24 AM
It surely just can't be me who whenever you have a quiet moment with nothing happening or perhaps on a boring journey that you start recalling that afternoon.
The feeling around 4.45pm when the added time board went up, Stokes almost scoring, the corner, the goal, the noise, the bedlam, the longest two minutes ever, Hendo scampering across the pitch at the whistle, the sheer euphoria.
Only us Hibees can know what the feeling was like.
What a time to be alive !!
:flag::flag:

Smartie
04-10-2017, 10:35 AM
I'm due to become a Dad for the first time in February.

The wee one was conceived on the anniversary of that great day.

I'm struggling a bit to convince my other half that the baby should be called David Gray *****, but as a Pars fan that's because she's holding out for Ivo Den Bieman ***** after her childhood hero.

Haymaker
05-10-2017, 03:25 AM

It was. I was emotionally exhausted by the time we hit Edinburgh.

C Feeney-Seale
05-10-2017, 10:01 AM

If you haven't already get the second DVD set - it is like you can re-live it all again as there is extra footage...

Mick O'Rourke
05-10-2017, 11:50 AM
It was a remarkable journey,never to be forgotten by those who travelled it.
To be in the second tier of Scottish football and take on and beat so called better teams made it extra special.
The pundits at each round(after the 1st Round) had us well and truly out of the competition.
The "ten minutes to go" game and the subsequent "Robbie's Money Spinner" only add to my delight of Hibernian winning the Scottish Cup.

Lke other oldies here, i have been to Hampden so many times since the sixties for semi finals and finals.
As well as Celtic Park and Ibrox.
Scottish Cup,League Cup and Dryburgh Cup.

That day in May 2016 left me in tears at the final whistle, i am not ashamed to admit.
As did the LC final win against Celtic.(well one of the goals certainly did)

Oh,and i nearly missed the final,as i felt unwell that day.
I didn't even have a drink before the game (no like me)
I was diagnosed a few weeks later with two serious lung infections and hospitalised for 10 days.

I blame Conrad Logan .... for getting us to the final!
I just could not contemplate not being there.
Hindsight i know, as we won it at last.
But glad i made it.

I am a greedy b**ger though and i hope to repeat the emotional experience of That Day in May.

KSA Hibee
05-10-2017, 12:32 PM

I’m almost bloody crying my eyes out reading about you crying your eyes out .....

“It’s just 22 grown men running around a bloody field kicking a ball” aparantly ....

AYE RIGHT !!!

Numptie
05-10-2017, 12:52 PM
If you fancy a greet, listen or watch Grant Stott's best and worst moments in football - the way he talks about his dad after the winning goal goes in is a tearjerker

IlDiavola
05-10-2017, 04:58 PM
What a bloody day that was!!

:flag:

LithgaeHibby
05-10-2017, 05:13 PM
One of my favourite memories of the weekend was the celebrations on "Hanlon Hill" at Leith Links the following day. And seeing the utter joy on the faces of the Hibs players and staff (and STF) in the open top bus. With LD and NL at the helm, I'd like to think we will see more of those days.

:flag: