PDA

View Full Version : Semi final tickets

Pages : [1] 2

Hibby70
03-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Any idea when these are going up for sale?

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Any idea when these are going up for sale?

Away season ticket holders are having their payments taken out on Thursday. So expect possibly Thursday/Friday this week

Hibby70
03-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Away season ticket holders are having their payments taken out on Thursday. So expect possibly Thursday/Friday this week

Cheers

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 09:55 AM
One per season ticket holder in first wave?

Nakedmanoncrack
03-10-2017, 10:07 AM
Unlimited surely, zero chance of a sell out.

Springbank
03-10-2017, 12:48 PM
I think we will sell out.
This team deserve our backing!

Keith_M
03-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Does anybody know what our actual (initial) allocation is, in number of tickets?

I realise we theoretically have half the stadium, excluding the south upper, but have no idea how many that is in reality.

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Does anybody know what our actual (initial) allocation is, in number of tickets?

I realise we theoretically have half the stadium, excluding the south upper, but have no idea how many that is in reality.

Circa 18-20K?

Hermit Crab
03-10-2017, 02:19 PM
I think we will sell out.
This team deserve our backing!

No chance, 15k max Hibs fans.

Stuart93
03-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Think our inspired performance against them on Saturday may convince a few more to go

Keith_M
03-10-2017, 03:00 PM

Fancy a wee bet on that?

:wink:

Sir David Gray
03-10-2017, 03:52 PM

Around 20,000 if you exclude the corporate areas at Hampden then the capacity's around 40,000.

RoxburghHibs
03-10-2017, 03:59 PM

I would say 15000 is about right for this one. We had 14000 for the Scottish Cup semi-final in 2016 against Dundee Utd (granted we normally take 20k or thereabouts).

Keith_M
03-10-2017, 04:24 PM
I would say 15000 is about right for this one. We had 14000 for the Scottish Cup semi-final in 2016 against Dundee Utd (granted we normally take 20k or thereabouts).

Because of the circumstances (a second year in the championship, poor performances in the league and obviously before the cup win) made that attendance a bit lower than usual.

The circumstances are very different now, so I'd be extremely surpised if it was that low this time.

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Because of the circumstances (a second year in the championship, poor performances in the league and obviously before the cup win) made that attendance a bit lower than usual.

The circumstances are very different now, so I'd be extremely surpised if it was that low this time.

Last weekend's excellent performance against Celtic might also encourage a few more. Things are going well, which is the biggest determinant of attendances. It might not sell out, but it probably won't be far off.

SirDavidsNapper
03-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Get yourselves along. This is a great time to be a Hibs supporter.

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Get yourselves along. This is a great time to be a Hibs supporter.

:top marks

Nakedmanoncrack
03-10-2017, 07:13 PM

We've never took 20k + to a LC Semi, certainly not in last 40 years. How many did we take to SC Semi as holders last season?

Springbank
03-10-2017, 07:16 PM
We've never took 20k + to a LC Semi, certainly not in last 40 years. How many did we take to SC Semi as holders last season?

This is 2017

This is the new Hibs

Get yourself along

Bishop Hibee
03-10-2017, 07:22 PM

I agree. Part of the reason is that with 13K season ticket holders it’ll be one ticket each. When it’s two each ST holders tend to take along friends or family too so they sit together. The Hibs v Hearts semi was one ticket per ST holder and a major part of the reason we were nowhere near sold out.

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I agree. Part of the reason is that with 13K season ticket holders it’ll be one ticket each. When it’s two each ST holders tend to take along friends or family too so they sit together. The Hibs v Hearts semi was one ticket per ST holder and a major part of the reason we were nowhere near sold out.

That was 11 years ago BH. Think it might be 2 per season ticket holder for the semi, and 1 per season ticket holder for the final😄
Got a feeling the limited area’s kids tickets will have a bearing on how many we take, unfortunately

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 07:34 PM
That was 11 years ago BH. Think it might be 2 per season ticket holder for the semi, and 1 per season ticket holder for the final😄
Got a feeling the limited area’s kids tickets will have a bearing on how many we take, unfortunately

That's a fair point. The kids pricing is a terrible move.

Danderhall Hibs
03-10-2017, 09:49 PM

They can't do 2 per ST holder - there'd be no guarantee of everybody ST holder gettting a ticket if they did.

houstonhibbee
04-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Around 20,000 if you exclude the corporate areas at Hampden then the capacity's around 40,000.
If its split 50/50 then I think its at least 22k each, just over

houstonhibbee
04-10-2017, 01:17 AM
we've not had average gates of 18k for 40 years either

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2017, 01:29 AM
I’d say 17,364

GordonHFC
04-10-2017, 12:43 PM
They can't do 2 per ST holder - there'd be no guarantee of everybody ST holder gettting a ticket if they did.

It is initially 2 per ST holder. On sale Monday morning online.

Hermit Crab
17-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Fancy a wee bet on that?

Still want that bet mate? Sales are shocking and with 4 days to go we've sold no more than 10k.

Keith_M
17-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Still want that bet mate? Sales are shocking and with 4 days to go we've sold no more than 10k.

You should have taken me up on that at the time...too late now

RoxburghHibs
17-10-2017, 11:29 AM

We have sold over 10k and honestly don’t get the negativity around this. We will take between 12-14k which is below average for a league cup semi for Hibs or Hearts (they are the only club in Scotland with similar size support as we do hence the comparison) but still more than Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or similar would take. One of the best semi-final supports we had was at the LC against Sevco, when we won on penalties, and there was under 10k of us their that evening.

Frazerbob
17-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Celtic end sold out

green day
17-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Celtic end sold out

As it should be, equivalent of us selling about 8000 tickets

Sir David Gray
17-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Celtic end sold out

Probably means that we'll get hordes of them in our end now. Hope the police are proactive in horsing them out.

Ayrshire Hibee
17-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Will ticket office still be selling on Friday?

Nakedmanoncrack
17-10-2017, 05:03 PM
We have sold over 10k and honestly don’t get the negativity around this. We will take between 12-14k which is below average for a league cup semi for Hibs or Hearts (they are the only club in Scotland with similar size support as we do hence the comparison) but still more than Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or similar would take. One of the best semi-final supports we had was at the LC against Sevco, when we won on penalties, and there was under 10k of us their that evening.

If we had just took the allocation that Motherwell accepted for the other semi this place would have went into meltdown, it would have been enough though, and there would be no North Stand seats (to not be able to buy at concession rate).

K.Marx
17-10-2017, 05:09 PM
If we had just took the allocation that Motherwell accepted for the other semi this place would have went into meltdown, it would have been enough though, and there would be no North Stand seats (to not be able to buy at concession rate).

With hindsight SFA would of just allocated us South and West Stands, but you’re right, this place would of gone into meltdown.

Get the feeling the next semi against either of the ugly’s at Hampden will not see us getting a 50/50 split. I was actually quite surprised we were offered half the ground in the first place.

JeMeSouviens
17-10-2017, 05:17 PM
With hindsight SFA would of just allocated us South and West Stands, but you’re right, this place would of gone into meltdown.

Get the feeling the next semi against either of the ugly’s at Hampden will not see us getting a 50/50 split. I was actually quite surprised we were offered half the ground in the first place.

They'd be better with a more flexible approach. Initially allocate us all north and west block B, Celtc all south and east. Hold back block A for us if demand was there, else give it to them.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2017, 05:33 PM
I'm genuinely shocked at the lack of interest in this game from our fans.

It's a real shame that it looks like there's not going to be a lot more of us there and I hope those who could have gone but have chosen not to regret their decision by 2pm on Saturday.

bingo70
17-10-2017, 05:47 PM

It's a real shame that it looks like there's not going to be a lot more of us there and I hope those who could have gone but have chosen not to regret their decision by 2pm on Saturday.

No offence but I don't see why it bothers you and others so much.

I'm going so that's all I care about, I could almost just about care if we'd only sold something like 3,000 tickets.

There'll be a respectable amount of people there, why does it matter what the final number is?

Sir David Gray
17-10-2017, 06:33 PM
No offence but I don't see why it bothers you and others so much.

I'm going so that's all I care about, I could almost just about care if we'd only sold something like 3,000 tickets.

There'll be a respectable amount of people there, why does it matter what the final number is?

None taken.

I just think that having a half full Hibs end for a semi final is poor (assuming that's what happens). We have attracted a record number of season ticket holders and I just assumed that a game like this would have at least come close to selling out.

We have a chance to play against the best team in the country, an opportunity to get to a cup final and to end their unbeaten run.

I'm just surprised more people don't want to go.

Nicho87
17-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Can see people's argument for not going. £30 ticket. Travel. Game is on TV. Against a team 59 unbeaten.

However I will be there cheering us on.

Skol
17-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Can see people's argument for not going. £30 ticket. Travel. Game is on TV. Against a team 59 unbeaten.

piss poor reason

Hibbyradge
17-10-2017, 07:42 PM
I wanted to go, but Mrs Radge has booked us in to see the Pandas at 11.00am so I'd never make the game.

I'm thinking it should be on in the Roseburn bar, so at least I'll get to see it.

GGTTH.

Hibbyradge
17-10-2017, 07:44 PM
poor person's reason

Ftfy

I'm_cabbaged
17-10-2017, 07:45 PM

I'd rather say I was there when we stopped the run 👍

Skol
17-10-2017, 07:47 PM
I'd rather say I was there when we stopped the run 👍

League Cup semi midweek against the huns (2004 ?) was similar. Only a few thousand there for a quite unbelievable experience.

Johnny_Leith
18-10-2017, 03:27 AM

Big games have been around the £30 mark for an age. I don't understand the arguement that our football isn't worth £30, I'd happily pay £30 to watch Hibs beat an unbeaten Celtic team. And if we don't I'm sure we will give it a great run out.

Poor excuses all round from those using price, time and TV. Not having a go at yourself btw, just frustrates me.

Hermit Crab
18-10-2017, 04:22 AM

Aye but 20-25k would want a ticket for the final if we got there....

Hermit Crab
18-10-2017, 04:23 AM

I don't know why, look at our attendances home and away in the group stages.

marinello59
18-10-2017, 04:41 AM

Of course we will take more to the final if we get there. What on earth is people's problem with that?

Libby Hibby
18-10-2017, 04:58 AM
Of course we will take more to the final if we get there. What on earth is people's problem with that?

Correct at every level in football, even youth, finals are better supported than the semis.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2017, 05:23 AM
I don't know why, look at our attendances home and away in the group stages.

I would expect a semi final at Hampden against Celtic to be viewed entirely differently by supporters than matches against Montrose, Arbroath, Alloa and Ross County (away on a Friday night).

jax67
18-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone that bought a ticket for the semi, were guaranteed a ticket for the final.
Assuming that we are in the final.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-10-2017, 06:36 AM
League Cup semi midweek against the huns (2004 ?) was similar. Only a few thousand there for a quite unbelievable experience.

Probably my favourite ever hibs match, or one of. Aboit 7-8,000 there that night i think.

bookert
18-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone that bought a ticket for the semi, were guaranteed a ticket for the final.
Assuming that we are in the final.

I think a loyalty points scheme would be the fairest way. Oh wait!

penihibs
18-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Probably my favourite ever hibs match, or one of. Aboit 7-8,000 there that night i think.

Brilliant night, first game at Hampden for one of my son's.
Celebrations at the end were superb we still talk about it now.
That's why if you can go on Saturday don't miss it, if we win it will be epic.
GGTTH.

Geo_1875
18-10-2017, 07:43 AM

If they give us more tickets.

RoxburghHibs
18-10-2017, 08:40 AM

Exactly. But this is not the final so 12-14000 is about right and similar to what the Yams would take and more than every other Scottish club (out with the ugly sisters).

So there is nothing to complain or moan about all is normal.

oneone73
18-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Exactly. But this is not the final so 12-14000 is about right and similar to what the Yams would take and more than every other Scottish club (out with the ugly sisters).

So there is nothing to complain or moan about all is normal.
Motherwell have sold their allocation. 13k iirc

FilipinoHibs
18-10-2017, 08:53 AM
They are playing Sevco and not on TV. Plus novelty of a Hampden game.

Carheenlea

Lame

Hibernia&Alba

That's good going. Their home is around 5000.

BlackSheep
18-10-2017, 08:57 AM

Yet I bet a whole bunch of them will be moaning about getting a ticket if we get to the final.... support through thick and thin!!!

Carheenlea
18-10-2017, 08:58 AM

The game, like ours is being broadcast by BT Sport.

Spike Mandela
18-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Psychological boost to the Celtic team when they walk out to a full end at Hampden and a half full Hibs end.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-10-2017, 08:59 AM

But the biggest excuse offered for our fans not going - no kids tickets in certain sections also applies, maybe Motherwell fans are just less fussy about what colour their seat is & appreciate it a bit more than some of our lot.

lucky
18-10-2017, 09:34 AM
But the biggest excuse offered for our fans not going - no kids tickets in certain sections also applies, maybe Motherwell fans are just less fussy about what colour their seat is & appreciate it a bit more than some of our lot.

Or the fact Motherwell are hardly ever at Hampden. Regardless of how many Hibs fans go our support this season has been fantastic

Billy Whizz
18-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Or the fact Motherwell are hardly ever at Hampden. Regardless of how many Hibs fans go our support this season has been fantastic

How many have Motherwell sold

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2017, 09:47 AM
I thought TheRangers were getting 48k tickets for Hampden? How can this be if Motherwell have sold 13k?

Billy Whizz
18-10-2017, 09:48 AM
I thought TheRangers were getting 48k tickets for Hampden? How can this be if Motherwell have sold 13k?

38k Callum

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2017, 09:48 AM
38k Callum

Ahh right :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
18-10-2017, 09:49 AM

:agree:

I can't imagine Hibs ever playing too many games at Hampden, to the point where I'm looking for reasons not to go though. The hard-core support will be there on Sat, and I've no doubt we'll create a good atmosphere, but yes, it is disappointing to see others are less enthusiastic, and must leave the club feeling same way after fighting successfully to secure us a good allocation of tickets for this game - only to be proved wrong in their expectations. Especially when if we manage to pull off a famous win these will be many of the same people who think they have a god given right to a final brief!

kaimendhibs
18-10-2017, 10:25 AM

I can't imagine Hibs ever playing too many games at Hampden, to the point where I'm looking for reasons not to go though. The hard-core support will be there on Sat, and I've no doubt we'll create a good atmosphere, but yes, it is disappointing to see others are less enthusiastic, and must leave the club feeling same way after fighting successfully to secure us a good allocation of tickets for this game - only to be proved wrong in their expectations. Especially when if we manage to pull off a famous win these will be many of the same people who think they have a god given right to a final brief!
Said before, wish folk were as fussy about tickets for ipox, darkheid and the PBS!!

Souter96Mac
18-10-2017, 10:42 AM

I think that's how many they've been given by Hearts at Murrayfield.

Jamesie
18-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Lucky enough to have use of a pal's debentures for Hampden and our tickets have been upgraded to Gold for Saturday - first time I think I can ever recall that happening. Anyone know the difference between the Gold and Silver offering? I won't have the tickets in my hand until Thursday / Friday so keen to know what Gold actually means!

Hibbyradge
18-10-2017, 11:11 AM
These arguments are monotonous and frustrating.

"I've got a ticket so I'm a better supporter than you" is what people really mean.

No-one has the right to decide what folk should do with their time and money.

Loads of people don't travel to games away from Easter Road, but many will make an exception if it's a cup final. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Frankly, given the prospect of a crappy, uncomfortable bus journey followed by a long walk to a crap stadium without time for a few drinks, to watch, in all likelihood, your team get beaten, I'm surprised so many folk do go.

bigwheel
18-10-2017, 11:13 AM

"I've got a ticket so I'm a better supporter than you" is what people really mean.

Loads of people don't travel to games away from Easter Road, but many will make an exception if it's a cup final. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Frankly, given the prospect of a crappy, uncomfortable bus journey followed by a long walk to a crap stadium without time for a few drinks, to watch, in all likelihood, your team get beaten, I'm surprised so many folk do go.

Ever think of being a motivational speaker?? :wink:

B.H.F.C
18-10-2017, 11:18 AM
By the time Rangers had their 38k I can't see Motherwell having as much as 13k. That'd only leave 1k for segragation, sponsors etc.

RoxburghHibs
18-10-2017, 11:19 AM

If true that’s about double what they normally take. I heard they have sold nearly 8000 from a Well fan but no idea if true or not.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Ever think of being a motivational speaker?? :wink:

I didn't mention the cost of travel and tickets or the length of day so count your blessings.

TheGreenMan
18-10-2017, 11:33 AM

Right enough, might see if I can sell my tickets and go watch pandas eating leaves instead of a semi final against Celtic.

If you're a Celtic fan you'd be well within your rights to be pissed off at not getting a ticket if there are thousands of unsold seats because Hibs took too many. We'll end up getting our allocation cut in future and giving the Huns or Celtic an advantage with a bigger support from the start.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Right enough, might see if I can sell my tickets and go watch pandas eating leaves instead of a semi final against Celtic.

:faf:

Thanks. That gave me a laugh.

Thegreenside
18-10-2017, 11:37 AM
I have never went/not went to a game based on what the result would be. Don’t understand that logic as a supporter

RoxburghHibs
18-10-2017, 11:39 AM
How many have Motherwell sold

According to their message boards between 7-8000.

jodjam
18-10-2017, 11:46 AM

A voice of reason on a message board that is becoming increasingly obsessed with dot counts and telling people what to do with their time whilst feeling embarrassed that our crowd might be below their expectations.

Carheenlea
I have never went/not went to a game based on what the result would be. Don’t understand that logic as a supporter

:agree: Doesn't make sense.
The fact that Saturdays game is against Scotland's top side makes the occasion that bit more exciting, as does the fact that few will tip us to win. A more exciting prospect than had we been drawn to play Motherwell.

Hibbyradge
According to their message boards between 7-8000.

Think about folk leaving early when their team is getting stuffed.

Think attendances rising when their team is winning regularly.

Then extrapolate. :wink:

FilipinoHibs
18-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Think about folk leaving early when their team is getting stuffed.

Think attendances rising when their team is winning regularly.

Then extrapolate. :wink:

Think our best attended semi was against Livi. Had star players and looked certain to win. Think the prospect of losing to the invinceables, the fact old firm and School holidays keeping attendance down. But still a 12k support not band and we will out sing them.

ancient hibee
18-10-2017, 12:00 PM

No doubt if we win there will be(just like 7-0) many thousands more claiming to have been there than actually went in the years ahead:greengrin

.Sean.
18-10-2017, 12:02 PM
If you can afford it and you're no working get your fingers out and get a ticket bought. How disheartening is it going to be for the players walking out and seeing blocks and blocks of empty seats.

I can't believe just how much some 'supporters' are taking a trip to Hampden for granted. The fact it's suggested that even Motherwell have sold more tickets, and for the lesser-preferred Semi date of Sunday, than us is an embarrassment and I'm no caring what anyone says, cause that's exactly what it is.

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2017, 12:07 PM
If you think we will lose, why would you go to any game? No guarantees in football.

Just, what if, we are the first domestic side to bring their run to an end....Would you not want to be there?

Ken
18-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Initially I thought we would sell almost 20,000 for this game, so disappointed with the news that sales haven't been that great.

If I was asked to guess the reason for those not attending, I would say it's because people are thinking we'll lose anyway and even if we do beat go on to beat Celtic then those not going will have a final to look forward to anyway.

Just my opinion :agree:

Souter96Mac
18-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Anyone got a recent dot count??

WhileTheChief..
18-10-2017, 12:39 PM
I normally go to the games with my dad but he can’t make it due to health reasons.

I can’t be arsed going through myself so will just watch it on the telly instead.

Don’t see why anyone would have a problem with that but hey-ho, so be it.

I’ll enjoy it just as much if we win and won’t be gutted at all at not being there.

On the plus side, at least I won’t leave early thus not annoying another bunch of Hibs fans!!

Hermit Crab
18-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Anyone got a recent dot count??

Thousands left.

Hermit Crab
18-10-2017, 12:58 PM
http://www.hibs.net/blob:http://www.hibs.net/3da1b321-7516-4225-ae57-e40bfe2917a4

Keith_M
18-10-2017, 01:00 PM
All you folk thinking it doesn't matter if we take a lower than usual number just don't appreciate how bad this is.

I have to go there with my Dad, and it's yet another thing for him to moan about (altho he never seems to have trouble finding subject for a good old rant)

"How kin ye expect the players tae make an effort if the Supporters cannae even be bothered turnin up", or something along those lines.

:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
18-10-2017, 01:02 PM
All you folk thinking it doesn't matter if we take a lower than usual number just don't appreciate how bad this is.

I have to go there with my Dad, and it's yet another thing for him to moan about (altho he never seems to have trouble finding subject for a good old rant)

"How kin ye expect the players tae make an effort if the Supporters cannae even be bothered turnin up", or something along those lines.

:rolleyes:

He's got a point.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Its so funny that folk get slaughtered when they go like a final, and slaughtered again when they dont go?

:faf::faf:

flash
18-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Its so funny that folk get slaughtered when they go like a final, and slaughtered again when they dont go?

Yes it's side splittingly hilarious in a not in the slightest sort of way.

silverhibee
18-10-2017, 01:49 PM
He's got a point.

No he's not, this is the players job and are expected to do there best while getting paid for it, supporters have to pay there cash to go watch them, if they don't want to for whatever the reason it should have no affect on the players doing there job and going out to get a win on Saturday.

Hiber-nation
18-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Yes it's side splittingly hilarious in a not in the slightest sort of way.

I'm glad you actually know what he means.

BegbieHSC
18-10-2017, 02:25 PM
We are literally going to have the same turnout to a semi that we ripped the sheep for bringing last season :faf:

Souter96Mac
18-10-2017, 02:28 PM
We are literally going to have the same turnout to a semi that we ripped the sheep for bringing last season :faf:

As long as we manage to score the same jammy goals they scored and we win, I'll take that.

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2017, 02:35 PM

In fairness, a league cup semi is always going to have a lower interest than a Scottish cup semi.

Hearts v ICT 3 years ago, total attendance at ER was 13,500

Centre Hawf
18-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Personally dont think we'll win, but thats just one of the reasons I'm not going. As many folk have alluded to already if that was the way I judged the games I attended I certainly wouldn't have been to many games including some of the best nights of my life supporting Hibs.

Truth be told I find us a very dull side to watch at the moment, and for that reason I can't be bothered travelling through and paying all the money involved with a trip like this to watch us when its on the TV.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Personally dont think we'll win, but thats just one of the reasons I'm not going. As many folk have alluded to already if that was the way I judged the games I attended I certainly wouldn't have been to many games including some of the best nights of my life supporting Hibs.

Truth be told I find us a very dull side to watch at the moment, and for that reason I can't be bothered travelling through and paying all the money involved with a trip like this to watch us when its on the TV.

What golden era have you been supporting us through, until this recent dullness set in?

davhibby
18-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Think our best attended semi was against Livi. Had star players and looked certain to win. Think the prospect of losing to the invinceables, the fact old firm and School holidays keeping attendance down. But still a 12k support not band and we will out sing them.

12k was decent back when we had 7k season ticket holders. We have almost double that now. Selling 10k for Saturday is similar to us selling 5k for a semi in the past

Bishop Hibee
18-10-2017, 03:39 PM
12k was decent back when we had 7k season ticket holders. We have almost double that now. Selling 10k for Saturday is similar to us selling 5k for a semi in the past

I don’t think how many ST holders we have equates in any way to how many fans we take to Hampden.

Spike Mandela
18-10-2017, 03:52 PM
I don’t think how many ST holders we have equates in any way to how many fans we take to Hampden.

.....other than the fact we have our record level of season tickets sold suggesting we have a high level of interest in following Hibs.

Can't really put my finger on why the lack of interest in a major cup semi final. A wee bit disappointed for the team if honest, they deserve better.

percy veer
18-10-2017, 03:55 PM

It's like when people slag children for buying a season ticket and not using it then asking to give it up to non season ticket holders just for a derby

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Its clear it just hasnt caught the imagination.

Probably a mixture of current mediocre form, rubbish kick off time, on tv, fairly expensive, and most of all, a very high chamce we will get beat.

The latter point is a biggy id say, people will move mountains to go to games they think we will win, and people find excuses when the opposite is true.

The Hearts 4-0 semi being the classic example.

penihibs
18-10-2017, 05:02 PM
It's the Mickey Mouse cup! that lot have always told us,maybe since we've won the big cup,some have started to believe this.
Not me,will never forget the 91 @ 07 wins great days.

Onceinawhile
18-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Its clear it just hasnt caught the imagination.

Probably a mixture of current mediocre form, rubbish kick off time, on tv, fairly expensive, and most of all, a very high chamce we will get beat.

The latter point is a biggy id say, people will move mountains to go to games they think we will win, and people find excuses when the opposite is true.

The Hearts 4-0 semi being the classic example.

People think we'll get beat and don't want to trudge home from hampden. I understand it. I'm a hopeless optimist though and think we'll win.

Hibernia&Alba
18-10-2017, 05:08 PM
If you think we will lose, why would you go to any game? No guarantees in football.

Just, what if, we are the first domestic side to bring their run to an end....Would you not want to be there?

Palace beat Chelsea last weekend. NOBODY was predicting that.

I hope we just go for it. There's no pressure; everyone just assumes Celtic will win.

Billy Whizz
18-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Maybe it’s just me, but as a Hibs supporter, these are the games that I live for.
Can’t understand fans not wanting to go, unless they have to work, or have financial or family problems

Halmyre Hibee
18-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Wasn't going to go due to early kick off time but managed to get seats on the Hibs.net bus.

A bit worried I am a bit of a bogey in recent times though as seen us lose League Cup finals over the years to Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston & Ross County and Scottish Cup Finals to Hertz and Celtic.

Missed our greatest Hampden day v Rangers due to slipped discs although inadvertently jumped up off my armchair when Sir David Gray headed in the winner causing me to cry like a baby both with the pain and the emotion. Invaded my living room at the final whistle with my crutches.

Hopefully we will click on the day and Celtic are a bit leg weary.

Got a feeling that we are going to win this one and beat Rangers in the final yet again.

lord bunberry
18-10-2017, 05:19 PM

I’m glad your not going.

sixtwo
18-10-2017, 05:21 PM
I genuinely feel a bit embarrassed that we can't sell out 20k tickets for a semi final. I also cringe at the thought of the number of armchair fans that will feel they have a right to be at the final should we get there. I've personally got mates that do this all the time. I used to feel sorry for them but it just annoys me now. If you call yourself a hibs fan you should try to make the effort for a game like this

Skol
18-10-2017, 05:21 PM

I just dont understand people with this attitude. I dont often go to away games, but those I definitely attend are Tynecastle and Semi Finals/Finals. Yes I turn up more in hope many times, but the thought of not being there for a big win is what keeps me going. This could be our biggest game of the season and by choosing not to go because the fear of losing and not having a bigger game just to me makes no sense

Hibernia&Alba
18-10-2017, 05:28 PM
I'm sure we've all been to plenty of matches in which we haven't expected Hibs to win, but you always have that wee hope. Parkhead a couple of weeks ago: I went with zero expectations of winning, and only very slight hopes of a draw - what a performance. Where there's life there's hope.

JeMeSouviens
18-10-2017, 06:10 PM
I genuinely feel a bit embarrassed that we can't sell out 20k tickets for a semi final. I also cringe at the thought of the number of armchair fans that will feel they have a right to be at the final should we get there. I've personally got mates that do this all the time. I used to feel sorry for them but it just annoys me now. If you call yourself a hibs fan you should try to make the effort for a game like this

When have we ever sold even near 20K tickets for a League cup semi? Even Scottish cup semis can't have been many times? Certainly not the last few.

Jamesconnolly
18-10-2017, 06:19 PM
I’m glad your not going.
I totally agree he should be a Celtic fan :flag:

SChibs
18-10-2017, 07:17 PM
:agree: Doesn't make sense.
The fact that Saturdays game is against Scotland's top side makes the occasion that bit more exciting, as does the fact that few will tip us to win. A more exciting prospect than had we been drawn to play Motherwell.

Not gonna lie I'd much prefer it if we'd drawn motherwell.

Foritza
18-10-2017, 07:18 PM
There will be dark day's in the future, don't be blasé now. Your team needs you. Please be there if you can. GGTTH !!

jodjam
18-10-2017, 07:46 PM

I am stunned when the word embarrassed about a crowd is mentioned. 5k or 20k or a few hibs fans and a dog. It doesn’t matter. When we are battering celtc all I care about is my bairns and me are there

Frazerbob
18-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Embarrassed? Get a grip.

No club outwith the Old Firm has EVER sold anything like 20k for a League Cup Semi. We only just sold out our 13k allocation for our last semi at Tynecastle.

Carheenlea
18-10-2017, 08:34 PM
BT Sport aren't being shy in making it clear who they want in the final - more incentive to get it up Celtic and get it up BT Sport. Scottish football summed up in one ad.

http://i63.tinypic.com/29f6m8p.jpg

Onceinawhile
18-10-2017, 08:44 PM
BT Sport aren't being shy in making it clear who they want in the final - more incentive to get it up Celtic and get it up BT Sport. Scottish football summed up in one ad.

http://i63.tinypic.com/29f6m8p.jpg

That's surely not real?

DH1875
18-10-2017, 09:02 PM
If we were playing Rangers or Motherwell, would we have sold more tickets? There you go then.

hibsboy69
18-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Haven't read the full thread, but no matter how many of us are going through on Sat it could still be a great day !

I was one of the 6000 or so at Hampden when we beat The Huns in the Semi Final of the League Cup on pens.........the fact there were so few of us there made it all the better in a funny sort of way (siege mentality and all that!)

I'm buzzing for the Semi Final on Sat and will be there standing proud supporting my beloved team. Please join me if you can !!!!!!!

Hibs Till We Die

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!

:flag::flag::flag:

seanshow
18-10-2017, 09:14 PM

Is that a Betfred advert or BT ad promoting the game?

if its the latter, thats is poor form from BT

RossScott1991
18-10-2017, 09:19 PM
I will be there. However I am not happy seems we won't sell out. Really wish folk would make the effort for the semi finals.

Lancs Harp
18-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Well at least thats the team talk sorted.

Broken Gnome
18-10-2017, 09:33 PM

That's a lot of embarrassment for you, considered you'd have experienced such shame in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 (THREE TIMES), 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 (TWICE) and 2017.

Broken Gnome
18-10-2017, 09:34 PM
That's surely not real?

I'm going fake just on the basis that Celtic couldn't be shown as more prominent than Rangers.

WhileTheChief..
18-10-2017, 09:38 PM
That's a lot of embarrassment for you, considered you'd have experienced such shame in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 (THREE TIMES), 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 (TWICE) and 2017.

A lot of semis this century!

Must be the most outwith the old firm since 2000.

hibsboy69
18-10-2017, 09:40 PM
A lot of semis this century!

Must be the most outwith the old firm since 2000.

More Semi's than Ron Jeremy ! (Google him if you don't know who he is!!!!!) :greengrin

weecounty hibby
18-10-2017, 09:47 PM
He's got a point.

No he's not. The players are getting paid to be bothered. Professional pride as well I would think. Also a let's get it up them attitude. Who knows why underdogs win. Most likely nothing to do with numbers of fans in the crowd I would think. Livi v Hibs in LC final instantly springs to mind

WhileTheChief..
18-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Yeah, thanks for that :eek:

sixtwo
18-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Embarrassed? Get a grip.

No club outwith the Old Firm has EVER sold anything like 20k for a League Cup Semi. We only just sold out our 13k allocation for our last semi at Tynecastle.

Ever?????? Steady now.
I'm pretty sure Aberdeen took nearly 20k a couple of years ago v Dundee Utd

jgl07
18-10-2017, 10:00 PM

Oh dear. A post with a distinct whiff of Yam, at least in terms of sentiments.

There is a reason why most of Hibs' League Cup Semi-Finals have been at Tynecastle (Dundee United, St Johnstone x2) because Hampden was too big.

The turn outs against Ayr and Rangers at Hampden were very poor and nothing near the number who will be there on Saturday.

Frazerbob
18-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Ever?????? Steady now.

As I'm sure you're aware as you no doubt had to Google it too, the crowd was 29k so they may well have had 15-20k. Fair doos. A great turnout from them to be fair but then it was a Saturday 3pm kick off, not on the telly. Can you find any more examples of non Old Firm topping even 15k for a League Cup semi to compound your embarrassment.

sixtwo
18-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Oh dear. A post with a distinct whiff of Yam, at least in terms of sentiments.

There is a reason why most of Hibs' League Cup Semi-Finals have been at Tynecastle (Dundee United, St Johnstone x2) because Hampden was too big.

The turn outs against Ayr and Rangers at Hampden were very poor and nothing near the number who will be there on Saturday.

Whiff of a yam? GTF! I've been a season ticket holder in the east for years. I will be there on Saturday with my family.
I'm frustrated that so called fans can't be arsed to support the team on the big stage. We have a good team on the pitch and a manager who deserve our backing. There is no reason why we shouldn't have a huge crowd on Saturday. Those who chose not go for poor reasons (they can decide themselves what constitutes a poor reason, they will know themselves) should not feel hard done by if they miss out on cup final tickets. We will have a cheek to keep arguing for a fair 50/50 split in cup finals against the OF if we can't sell our tickets

sixtwo
18-10-2017, 11:17 PM
As I'm sure you're aware as you no doubt had to Google it too, the crowd was 29k so they may well have had 15-20k. Fair doos. A great turnout from them to be fair but then it was a Saturday 3pm kick off, not on the telly. Can you find any more examples of non Old Firm topping even 15k for a League Cup semi to compound your embarrassment.

I've proved you wrong once, I can't be arsed researching the history of the league cup to prove you wrong again. Suffice to say we disagree. I believe we should be able to sell 20k for a cup semi against the old firm. You think that is beyond us clearly. You watching on tv?

houstonhibbee
18-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Whiff of a yam? GTF! I've been a season ticket holder in the east for years. I will be there on Saturday with my family.
I'm frustrated that so called fans can't be arsed to support the team on the big stage. We have a good team on the pitch and a manager who deserve our backing. There is no reason why we shouldn't have a huge crowd on Saturday. Those who chose not go for poor reasons (they can decide themselves what constitutes a poor reason, they will know themselves) should not feel hard done by if they miss out on cup final tickets. We will have a cheek to keep arguing for a fair 50/50 split in cup finals against the OF if we can't sell our tickets
I'm with you.....

Frazerbob
18-10-2017, 11:51 PM
I've proved you wrong once, I can't be arsed researching the history of the league cup to prove you wrong again. Suffice to say we disagree. I believe we should be able to sell 20k for a cup semi against the old firm. You think that is beyond us clearly. You watching on tv?

No you haven't proved anything. The crowd was 29k, no record of the split. I don't think selling 20k is beyond us, I do know we've never come close to it before though. How embarrassing!

As for your TV comment, have a word with yourself you self righteous twat. I usually drive the bus from Aberdeen to these type of games (as I'll be doing for the Derby). This time however I'm working at night so I'll be setting off in my car on my own from Aberdeen around 7am then rushing back up the road to start my shift at 7pm. Do I pass your test?

sixtwo
19-10-2017, 12:31 AM
No you haven't proved anything. The crowd was 29k, no record of the split. I don't think selling 20k is beyond us, I do know we've never come close to it before though. How embarrassing!

As for your TV comment, have a word with yourself you self righteous twat. I usually drive the bus from Aberdeen to these type of games (as I'll be doing for the Derby). This time however I'm working at night so I'll be setting off in my car on my own from Aberdeen around 7am then rushing back up the road to start my shift at 7pm. Do I pass your test?

No club outside the OF has EVER sold close to 20k for a semi final. Do you think that is true? Even though I have told you that DUFC and Aberdeen ( who have a far greater fan base) shared a 30k crowd just a couple of years ago. Going back through the history of the cup to when crowds were double today's numbers, you stand by what you say?
Calm it with the personal insults.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2017, 12:33 AM

When was the last time Hibs sold anything like 20,000 tickets for any league cup semi final? ..... in fact in recent history the only time we have got close to 20,000 for a semi was Aberdeen in the Scottish cup last season, when you have to agree the circumstances were exceptional. I've been in sub 15,000 Hibs supports at Hampden many times, for both Scottish and league cup semi finals. I was one of the 7,000 against the old Huns and it was probably one of the best nights I have ever had supporting the club as we outsung their 26,000 from beginning to end.

At the end of the day it will be a shame if we don't hit at least 15,000 ..... but when I walk through the turnstile on Saturday I wont care how many of us are there, what I will care about is how the ones who do go back the team inside the stadium, its not the size of the dug in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dug ... we proved it that famous night against the Huns and we can do it again on Saturday against the other arse cheek.

As for any split of tickets if we do make this final, or any other for that matter ....... I get really fed up of hearing folk go on about how Celtic or Sevco can make a case for more tickets than us if we don't sell our full allocation for a semi final, that has nothing to do with anything. The whole reason for playing finals at a neutral venue is to ensure as much as you can that its a level playing field for both teams, at least off the pitch, in view of which if a club can sell half the stadium then they get half the tickets and that's the end of it .... Fail to apply that logic and you are not providing a neutral venue, because without good reason ( for example where a team clearly cant sell half the stadium ) you are handing an advantage, however slight, to one team over the other.

sixtwo
19-10-2017, 12:55 AM
We have sold close to 20k for other semi finals. I'm thinking Falkirk a few years ago when I reckon we had c17k, hearts a few years back when there was 40 odd thousand there. This, I agree was exceptional.
My main point is we have a successful team. We are getting 17-19k for most home games. We have 13k + season ticket holders. We won the Scottish and had more hibbys than I thought was possible all out on the streets. We are back where we belong and still people find excuses not to go. I'm a proud Hibee and it sticks in my throat that we have so many glory hunters who only come out for the finals

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2017, 01:43 AM
We have sold close to 20k for other semi finals. I'm thinking Falkirk a few years ago when I reckon we had c17k, hearts a few years back when there was 40 odd thousand there. This, I agree was exceptional.
My main point is we have a successful team. We are getting 17-19k for most home games. We have 13k + season ticket holders. We won the Scottish and had more hibbys than I thought was possible all out on the streets. We are back where we belong and still people find excuses not to go. I'm a proud Hibee and it sticks in my throat that we have so many glory hunters who only come out for the finals

It maybe does mate, but show me a club of our size anywhere that doesn't have the same demographic. Every club of our size needs these casual fans to boost its support for finals, and they aren't all 'glory hunters' either. I was just as avid a Hibs supporter in the mid 80s to the mid 90s as I am now, but I had a family to support and couldn't afford to go to Easter Road very often, even so I always managed to beg steal or borrow the money to get to Hampden for semi finals and finals, even if my visits to ER were few and far between.

In the case of this game I think it says more about the affect Celtic's dominance is having on the game than it does about our support. Fans of most clubs just cant see a way that their teams can defeat them and I'm willing to bet that thought is having an affect on those who are swithering about going.
For the 9,000 or so who will support the club no matter what there are at least as many who need to think the team has a chance of winning ..... yes we got a draw at Parkhead, but its not going to be lost on the switherers that it was against a Celtic team devoid of several key players and even then we had to put in a very good performance to get that draw ... It certainly isn't lost on me, the difference is I don't care. If you think that isn't a factor just look at Hearts .... 16,000 at every home game ( allegedly ) but on two occasions lately they have failed to sell out even three home stands for cup games against Celtic .... why? .... because a lot of their fans would prefer not to see their team get a cuffing.

Aberdeen are the same ... Its not that long ago they sold nearly 40,000 tickets for a league cup final at Parkhead and yet they couldn't even sell their 22,000 tickets for last years Scottish cup final because they had been thumped by Celtic in the league cup final and a lot of their casual fans just couldn't see them winning that final.

If you are looking to apportion blame for the relatively poor ticket sales Celtic are as big a factor as anything here, and that's a fact :aok:

RoxburghHibs
19-10-2017, 03:16 AM
Ever?????? Steady now.

The 2008 semi between the same clubs was attended by 12000 and when Hearts played Inverness it was just over 13000. These are total attendances not one clubs support. So our 12000 or so support is lower than normal but far from unexpected.

weecounty hibby
19-10-2017, 05:20 AM
I find it very strange that grown adults are genuinely embarrassed by the size of the crowd from the football team they support. I mean embarrassed really? In Scottish football terms what we will take to Hampden on Saturday is at the very least on a par with what any one else on the country would take to a LC semi with a 12:15 KO. What's to be embarrassed about?

SeanWilson
19-10-2017, 06:50 AM
I won't be there on Saturday morning, I work nights, it's on the TV and I just can't be arsed. I'll be back in my ST seat on Tuesday night though. Guess that's my choice.

green day
19-10-2017, 07:54 AM
I would rather a large gap in our end than give 2/3 of the stadium to Celtic.

Semi finals are often not full. Anyone remember us v Dundee Utd in the Scottish? Nowhere near full in our end, and nobody gave a monkeys.

we are hibs
19-10-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm not going but will be at the final if we get there. I'm not going to Motherwell or Killie away but I'll be at Tynie in December.

telford hibbee
19-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Ever think of being a motivational speaker?? :wink:I think the phrase that I have used when going to hampden as underdogs is just in case we win I wouldn't want to miss it. Ie 21_05_2016.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2017, 08:28 AM

Why does anyone need an excuse not to go to a football match?

Carheenlea
19-10-2017, 08:49 AM
I had to go to post office this morning to see if my tickets were there - arrived in depot this morning, despite booking on first day of sale a week past Monday and paying the £6.50 delivery. Glad to not have to worry about them now, but that's cutting things a bit fine, and had there been any problems, it wouldn't have allowed too much time to resolve. Hopefully an isolated case and no one else is sweating waiting for delivery after so long.

Kaff
19-10-2017, 08:57 AM
I had to go to post office this morning to see if my tickets were there - arrived in depot this morning, despite booking on first day of sale a week past Monday and paying the £6.50 delivery. Glad to not have to worry about them now, but that's cutting things a bit fine, and had there been any problems, it wouldn't have allowed too much time to resolve. Hopefully an isolated case and no one else is sweating waiting for delivery after so long.

For balance, I ordered mine on line about 11am the first day of ST holders sale and got them two days later, normally I use the first class post option as I find it is generally quicker than Special Delivery but can't fault it this time, I would have been getting worried in your position!

Fergos
19-10-2017, 09:31 AM
I would rather a large gap in our end than give 2/3 of the stadium to Celtic.

Semi finals are often not full. Anyone remember us v Dundee Utd in the Scottish? Nowhere near full in our end, and nobody gave a monkeys.

Aye we took about 13/15k that day but far from full in our end....

I understand both points of view for those that are disappointed in our end not being full and those who aren't bothered.

I think we would all like our end to be sold out but I will enjoy it just as much if we win whether our end is full or not.

And if we get beat, then so be it, I wouldn't miss it for anything other than £ or a family reason however.

Cmon the Hibs!

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
19-10-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm not going but will be at the final if we get there. I'm not going to Motherwell or Killie away but I'll be at Tynie in December.

Can you be certain you will get a ticket for Tynie? Will be an almighty scramble I would imagine.

If we still had the loyalty scheme people who go to the Motherwell and Killie games may have had first dibs, so at least you have a chance.

HH81
19-10-2017, 09:46 AM
The semi has already cost me 87.50 and I have not set off yet.

bigwheel
19-10-2017, 09:55 AM
The semi has already cost me 87.50 and I have not set off yet.

There will be seasons ahead that we will be wishing we had the opportunity to spend 90 quid on a semi final ....let's just embrace the opportunity and occasion...

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2017, 10:09 AM
None of our group are going, all have other plans. I am away due to school holidays like a lot of people will be I reckon.

HH81
19-10-2017, 10:13 AM
There will be seasons ahead that we will be wishing we had the opportunity to spend 90 quid on a semi final ....let's just embrace the opportunity and occasion...

You can't put a price on a good time

Keith_M
19-10-2017, 10:17 AM
None of our group are going, all have other plans. I am away due to school holidays like a lot of people will be I reckon.

Maybe we should contact the SPFL and tell them never to arrange the semi-finals during school holidays again.

bigwheel
19-10-2017, 10:20 AM

[emoji2][emoji106]

Hibs Fraggle
19-10-2017, 10:25 AM

:flag:

Hibeesforever
19-10-2017, 10:26 AM

I had the same issue. Note through the door saying go to the post office depot. Total inconvenience getting there during work hours...must say I was delighted to have them in my hand and got a sense it was going to be a Hibs classic. Fans not going should change their mind and support the Heroes.

Hibbyradge
19-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Why does anyone need an excuse not to go to a football match?

Exactly.

I've not been to the gym for weeks and I feel more guilty about that than watching a game on TV. 😁

allmodcons
19-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Exactly.

I've not been to the gym for weeks and I feel more guilty about that than watching a game on TV. 😁

That is bad news!. The thought of getting back in to it when you've not been in ages :greengrin

Hibbyradge
19-10-2017, 11:18 AM
How many people travel back to Scotland from all over the UK and the world when we get to a final?

Those folk can't be expected to do so for semi finals.

I'm only in York, but for me to get to the semi, it would be a 2 day trip and would cost the best part of £250.

The train is nearly £100 and I'd need an hotel for the Friday night, food, bevvy and a ticket.

Then there's the prospect of getting home knackered after 8.00pm.

I'll commit to doing all that for a really special occasion, like a final, but when there's a pub 15 minutes walk away showing the game on Saturday morning, it's a no brainer.

Hibbyradge
19-10-2017, 11:20 AM
That is bad news!. The thought of getting back in to it when you've not been in ages :greengrin

Indeed. The trouble is, the longer I avoid it, the more I need it. :boo hoo:

RossScott1991
19-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Anyone know roughly what we are sitting at sales wise?

southsider
19-10-2017, 12:45 PM
And you can't put your arms around a memory.

WhileTheChief..
19-10-2017, 12:49 PM

50 Euros in Amsterdam :cb

Hermit Crab
19-10-2017, 01:03 PM
50 Euros in Amsterdam :cb

€35 back in 2006 according to a source, thats some price hike :greengrin:cb

Springbank
19-10-2017, 01:18 PM
:flag:EXACTLY THIS!

I can't wait to get to Hampden and I will never understand those who shy away from these occasions.

COME ON THE HIBEEEEEEEEEES

pacoluna
19-10-2017, 01:48 PM
I won't be there on Saturday morning, I work nights, it's on the TV and I just can't be arsed. I'll be back in my ST seat on Tuesday night though. Guess that's my choice.

weird choice

Roxyhibee
19-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Very poor support for a semi final at Hampden. Apart from the Pars midweek semi in 2007 when our players and manager were having a public war, this is possibly the worst i`ve seen.

You have to wonder about the real strength of our support when many of the stay-aways are just not wanting to go in the likely case we`ll get beaten. If we pull off a win though, which i think we can, they`ll be desperate to get a ticket, moaning about Ticketmaster, the queues, the ticket office..

Leanne, Lennon, Farmer, etc must surely be thinking "wtf.?". I know i am.

Extremely disappointing.

pacoluna
19-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Very poor support for a semi final at Hampden. Apart from the Pars midweek semi in 2007 when our players and manager were having a public war, this is possibly the worst i`ve seen.

You have to wonder about the real strength of our support when many of the stay-aways are just not wanting to go in the likely case we`ll get beaten. If we pull off a win though, which i think we can, they`ll be desperate to get a ticket, moaning about Ticketmaster, the queues, the ticket office..

Extremely disappointing.

SirDavidsNapper
19-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Who would have taken more? Aberdeen? No. Hearts? No. Dundee United? No. It's a league cup semi in Glasgow at 12.15. 10k would be good going. Aberdeen took that to the Scottish cup semi last season when we took 20k and beat us. The game will be decided on the park not the stands.

JimBHibees
19-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Who would have taken more? Aberdeen? No. Hearts? No. Dundee United? No. It's a league cup semi in Glasgow at 12.15. 10k would be good going. Aberdeen took that to the Scottish cup semi last season when we took 20k and beat us. The game will be decided on the park not the stands.

Are Motherwell not taking more?

Roxyhibee
19-10-2017, 03:02 PM

Utter nonsense. It has nothing to do with other clubs, I'm only interested in what our supporters do and the positive direction our club is supposedly going.

It's an hour or so drive away for most, at £30. A big game against the best team in Scottish football. What's not to like.?

Be honest - it's because it's Celtic and a large section of our supporters are staying away in case of defeat.

Maybe you'd best ask the players on the park if a big noisy support would help them - because I guarantee they'll all say yes, especially against Celtic, who'll have their end roaring every ball, corner, etc.

You going.?

SirDavidsNapper
19-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Are Motherwell not taking more?8k I heard

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
19-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Utter nonsense. It has nothing to do with other clubs, I'm only interested in what our supporters do and the positive direction our club is supposedly going.

It's an hour or so drive away for most, at £30. A big game against the best team in Scottish football. What's not to like.?

Be honest - it's because it's Celtic and a large section of our supporters are staying away in case of defeat.

Maybe you'd best ask the players on the park if a big noisy support would help them - because I guarantee they'll all say yes, especially against Celtic, who'll have their end roaring every ball, corner, etc.

You going.?Yes

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
19-10-2017, 03:07 PM

You going.?

Are you going?

Billy Whizz
19-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Anyone know if we’ll be able to get to the North Stand pre match on saturday, from the East End, rather than have to walk all the way round via the South?
It’ll be shut post match though

Ringothedog
19-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Are Motherwell not taking more?

Motherwell were given approx. 9k tickets, they have 2 sections in the south and half of the west stand and they have not sold out their allocation.

madhibee_again
19-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Anyone know if we’ll be able to get to the North Stand pre match on saturday, from the East End, rather than have to walk all the way round via the South?
It’ll be shut post match though

Normally you can up to a certain time. You'll likely have to walk through (they won't move to let you past) a line of Strathclyde's finest asking you where you're going. But to answer your question, it should be fine.

Roxyhibee
19-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Are you going?

Yes im going, never missed a Hampden trip since the 6-2 LC Final in 1969 (apart from a couple of Old Hun ones in the early 70's my dad wouldn't take me to.)

These are the big games with potential to add to Hibernian history.

10,000 is poor. Wasn't expecting a sell out, but we are missing 4 to 5,000 and I know why.

RoxburghHibs
19-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Yes im going, never missed a Hampden trip since the 6-2 LC Final in 1969 (apart from a couple of Old Hun ones in the early 70's my dad wouldn't take me to.)

10,000 is poor. Wasn't expecting a sell out, but we are missing 4 to 5,000 and I know why.
It will be more than 10k. I’d guess between 12-13k which is average.

Billy Whizz
19-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Normally you can up to a certain time. You'll likely have to walk through (they won't move to let you past) a line of Strathclyde's finest asking you where you're going. But to answer your question, it should be fine.

Ta

guthrie01
19-10-2017, 04:00 PM
I hope Hibs can give us a "you had to be there win" just to spite the lot who cant be arsed to turn up

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2017, 04:00 PM
I hope Hibs can give us a "you had to be there win" just to spite the lot who cant be arsed to turn up

That's the spirit. :cb

Hibbyradge
19-10-2017, 04:11 PM

Nice.

I hope they win.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-10-2017, 04:22 PM

Aye, they'll be well hacked off that we've reached another final right enough.

LaMotta
19-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Where are people getting the figure of the number of tickets we've sold from?

JimBHibees
19-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Motherwell were given approx. 9k tickets, they have 2 sections in the south and half of the west stand and they have not sold out their allocation.

Ok cool thought I read on here they had sold 13k.

JeMeSouviens
19-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Where are people getting the figure of the number of tickets we've sold from?

The ticket site? There's a dot-map.

We've sold all of O, about half of P, none of A, about 3/4 of B and about 4/5 of C. That should be 11-12k - ish I think?

G B Young
19-10-2017, 04:54 PM

Extremely disappointing.

I'm pretty sure the League Cup semi v the huns in 2004 saw us take only about six or seven thousand. Those who were there will testify it was a great atmosphere among the Hibs fans. OK, it helped that we won but sometimes you get a better atmosphere when it's more of a hard core support. We then took 40,000 to the final and lost to Livi....and the atmosphere, needless to say, was dire.

Personally I won't be there on Saturday. School holiday trip away with the family, like quite a few on here I imagine. Despite the holidays though, we were never going to sell out for this one. Like it or not, the fact we're massive underdogs DOES make a big difference. Yes, we'd sell out if we were playing Celtic in the final, but even then most would be going along braced for defeat (I know that's how I felt about the Scottish Cup final in 2013). 12k or so strikes me as a decent enough support for a pre-lunch League Cup semi final.

As for Leanne, Lennon, Farmer, etc, they can rest assured that if the club keeps building on the fantastic progress of the last few seasons on and off the pitch then we'll be selling out this sort of game before too long. We're just not quite there yet as a team to convince most fans we have a real chance on Saturday.

sixtwo
19-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Armchair fans and glory hunters on the scrounge for final tickets are not true fans. They annoy me. So called fans that don't go because they think we'll get beat are worse! Melts!

LaMotta
19-10-2017, 04:57 PM
The ticket site? There's a dot-map.

We've sold all of O, about half of P, none of A, about 3/4 of B and about 4/5 of C. That should be 11-12k - ish I think?

Ok, ta.

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Armchair fans and glory hunters on the scrounge for final tickets are not true fans. They annoy me. So called fans that don't go because they think we'll get beat are worse! Melts!

Sheesh... 1 Cup win, and we're glory hunters.

Yep, we've changed.......:rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
19-10-2017, 05:04 PM

Yip all Hibs fans are now glory hunters. 44 years of going to ER and I've seen us win two league cups and one Scottish cup. As a glory hunter goes I'm not doing too well

RoYO!
19-10-2017, 05:04 PM

You can account for every one of the 4-5k?

I'm in Spain- that cool?

JimBHibees
19-10-2017, 05:07 PM

I'm in Spain- that cool?

hope for your sake it isn't :greengrin

RoYO!

Still fans tho. Still have an affinity and desire to see hibs do well.

If our hard core support is 10k then I'm glad an extra 10k come along to see the finals. Fine by me. Would look guff with 10k hibs fans at a final and it supports the club financially.

RoYO!
hope for your sake it isn't :greengrin

Flipping 18 degrees today! Wtf! :D

scooby
19-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Extremely disappointing.

Lots of people on holiday this week, which will undoubtedly have affected our sales.
A better performance against Aberdeen might also have helped persuade a few others.. just saying likes!

Roxyhibee
19-10-2017, 05:45 PM

I'm in Spain- that cool?

Not cool. Get your diary sorted.! But sounds like you're enjoying the Sangria already anyway.

If it's around 10k at Hampden, that is not a cool support. Just because it's Celtic..

SingaporeHibs
19-10-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the League Cup semi v the huns in 2004 saw us take only about six or seven thousand. Those who were there will testify it was a great atmosphere among the Hibs fans. OK, it helped that we won but sometimes you get a better atmosphere when it's more of a hard core support. We then took 40,000 to the final and lost to Livi....and the atmosphere, needless to say, was dire.

Personally I won't be there on Saturday. School holiday trip away with the family, like quite a few on here I imagine. Despite the holidays though, we were never going to sell out for this one. Like it or not, the fact we're massive underdogs DOES make a big difference. Yes, we'd sell out if we were playing Celtic in the final, but even then most would be going along braced for defeat (I know that's how I felt about the Scottish Cup final in 2013). 12k or so strikes me as a decent enough support for a pre-lunch League Cup semi final.

As for Leanne, Lennon, Farmer, etc, they can rest assured that if the club keeps building on the fantastic progress of the last few seasons on and off the pitch then we'll be selling out this sort of game before too long. We're just not quite there yet as a team to convince most fans we have a real chance on Saturday.

The Rangers game back in 2004 was indeed a great night and the atmosphere was cracking. We've had about 1k in Glasgow twice this season and the support made plenty noise. 12x that is more than enough to create a great noise and support for the team. We worry too much

Roxyhibee
19-10-2017, 05:56 PM

Yes was at both those games in 2004 and agree about the atmosphere created in the semi (brilliant), but just think this is different - we have progressed so far as a club since then in terms of internal stability and standard of players with expectations of regular success.

We shouldn't be expecting to win on Saturday, but let's get along in bigger numbers to show everyone in Scottish football that we think we've got a decent chance and times have changed for our club.

Certainly not expecting a sell out on Saturday but we can do a lot better than 10k - I hope it's a fair bit more come k.o.

sixtwo
19-10-2017, 05:57 PM

1 cup win?????

Phil MaGlass
19-10-2017, 05:59 PM
I expect us to win on Saturday.

Crab apple
19-10-2017, 07:40 PM
SJM and Dylan were in the ticket office just after 3pm when I was getting my tickets. I suspect they will be getting many requests for tickets from friends and family. Steady stream of people buying tickets.

connerg
19-10-2017, 07:51 PM
€35 back in 2006 according to a source, thats some price hike :greengrin:cb

50 Guilders in 1994. Just over 2 Guilders to the £ back then.:tee hee:

Hibbyradge
19-10-2017, 07:52 PM

Brilliant. :faf:

SideBurns
19-10-2017, 08:15 PM
This seems to be one of the obsessions of the internet/ fans forum generation. I can't recall there being protracted debates in my early years as a Hibby about the size of crowds - you just turned up, watched the gemme, then went home or to the pub. It was a reason for discussion at George Best's home & away debuts, because the attendances were such a massive increase on what they would otherwise have been.
I have a memory of an already-relegated Hearts side only 'attracting' about 900 fans against Morton for the last match of the season at Tynie in about 1980, but only because it was such a remarkably low turnout (even in the circumstances). I'm willing to proved wrong about that by a resident statistician since it disnae sound right!! (I belatedly realise it couldn't have been 1980, as that's the year we went down)

RoxburghHibs
19-10-2017, 09:08 PM
This seems to be one of the obsessions of the internet/ fans forum generation. I can't recall there being protracted debates in my early years as a Hibby about the size of crowds - you just turned up, watched the gemme, then went home or to the pub. It was a reason for discussion at George Best's home & away debuts, because the attendances were such a massive increase on what they would otherwise have been.
I have a memory of an already-relegated Hearts side only 'attracting' about 900 fans against Morton for the last match of the season at Tynie in about 1980, but only because it was such a remarkably low turnout (even in the circumstances). I'm willing to proved wrong about that by a resident statistician since it disnae sound right!! (I belatedly realise it couldn't have been 1980, as that's the year we went down)

2253 at that Hearts v Morton match - average attendance just over 5000 for the season.

But your point stands 👍

Carheenlea
19-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Not really fussed about how many are going through on Saturday now - the most important thing is that every Hibs fan there will be backing the team, willing them on to win and will make plenty noise whether it's 5000, 10,000 or 20,000. Bring it on.

SunshineOnLeith
19-10-2017, 09:49 PM
It's almost as if a 12.15 kickoff at Hampden in a tournament which was reformatted terribly and for which neither the SPFL or BT Sport have, one ludicrous advert aside, bothered to promote hasn't captured the imagination.

Colour me shocked.

Panda
20-10-2017, 12:41 AM
Who would have taken more? Aberdeen? [b]No. Hearts? No. Dundee United? No. It's a league cup semi in Glasgow at 12.15. 10k would be good going. [b]Aberdeen took that to the Scottish cup semi last season when we took 20k and beat us. The game will be decided on the park not the stands.

Aberdeen had 12,000 at both semis last season, with a considerably longer distance to travel.

Anyway, I felt so sorry for you I've bought a ticket with my Hibs mate to the semi. Didn't actually realise your sales were so low until I came on this thread. Hope no Hibs glory hunter tries to get a cup final ticket ahead of us loyal Dons fans who are going on Saturday....

RoxburghHibs
20-10-2017, 04:27 AM
Aberdeen had 12,000 at both semis last season, with a considerably longer distance to travel.

Anyway, I felt so sorry for you I've bought a ticket with my Hibs mate to the semi. Didn't actually realise your sales were so low until I came on this thread. Hope no Hibs glory hunter tries to get a cup final ticket ahead of us loyal Dons fans who are going on Saturday....

Sounds about right as Hibs outnumbered Aberdeen fans about two to one.

Okay we normally take more but no Scottish club would fair any better, out with the Old Firm, in regards to backing for this match.

Pete
20-10-2017, 04:33 AM

Considering your average crowd was 3000 lower than ours last season, I wouldn’t start any arguments or talk about glory hunters. We were in the second tier as well.

SeanWilson
20-10-2017, 04:56 AM
weird choice

Weird or not... it's mine to make. Do I need to give the a-z list as to why I'm not going to go to Glasgow on a Saturday morning?

SeanWilson
20-10-2017, 04:57 AM

Bet you're a blast on a night out!

HibbyAndy
20-10-2017, 06:34 AM
SJM and Dylan were in the ticket office just after 3pm when I was getting my tickets. I suspect they will be getting many requests for tickets from friends and family. Steady stream of people buying tickets.

My party got 9 complimentary that won't be recorded as sales

marinello59
20-10-2017, 07:02 AM

We outbumbered and outsung you at Hampden as we usually do. Maybe you should save your sympathy for your own teams poor home attendances.

green day
20-10-2017, 07:09 AM

Your fans attended in good numbers because it's always fun to see Aberdeen bottle it in a semi final. In fact it's become so commonplace even a championship club almost beat you last year.

Your mythical good attendances are about as real as your recent trophy wins.

P.s. when you go on another teams forum and spout pish, don't be surprised at the reaction.

frazeHFC
20-10-2017, 07:11 AM

Fair play for doing that. I'd rather have Susan Boyle sit on my face than sit amongst 12,000 Aberdeen fans.

pacoluna
20-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Weird or not... it's mine to make. Do I need to give the a-z list as to why I'm not going to go to Glasgow on a Saturday morning?

don't need a list you have already said its down to the fact you can't be arsed.

The Modfather
20-10-2017, 07:30 AM
These kind of threads make me chuckle, folk working themselves into a frenzy about what other people choose to do with there time and money.

No doubt these same people also proclaim Hearts fans and there obsession with attendances.

Hiber-nation
20-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Games like this are one of the main reasons you support the club. Don't understand why so many aren't interested.

spudhib
20-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Pay day for me today so I’ll be up to the TO later for tix for me the wife and our granddaughter who will be going to her first ever hibs game(despite having a Jambo dad)🇳🇬🇳🇬

Salt N Sauzee
20-10-2017, 07:40 AM

:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Beefster
20-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Whilst we’re on the subject of judging people we don’t know for not comforming to our ideas of how they should spend their time/money, what about those tits that insist on chipping their front garden?

I just can’t understand how anyone can decide not to have a nice lawn. It’s madness and I won’t stand for being told that it’s not my business.

Real Emerald
20-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Games like this are one of the main reasons you support the club. Don't understand why so many aren't interested.

I agree, you spend three years in the lower league, fight through all the cup rounds to get to a national cup semi and folk can't be bothered. This is when you need the momentum to keep going. Not everyone can make it of course but this is the games you should be striving for, the icing on the cake. 20k against Aberdeen in the semi last year, where have 10k fans gone all of a sudden?

SirDavidsNapper
20-10-2017, 07:52 AM

Aberdeen have an abysmal support on par with the likes of Dundee United.

Hibernia&Alba
20-10-2017, 07:53 AM
I agree, you spend three years in the lower league, fight through all the cup rounds to get to a national cup semi and folk can't be bothered. This is when you need the momentum to keep going. Not everyone can make it of course but this is the games you should be striving for, the icing on the cake. 20k against Aberdeen in the semi last year, where have 10k fans gone all of a sudden?

My hunch, which may be wrong, is that many don't believe we have a hope of winning, so are going to watch at home or in the pub. I think that's the biggest influence.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2017, 07:59 AM
My hunch, which may be wrong, is that many don't believe we have a hope of winning, so are going to watch at home or in the pub. I think that's the biggest influence.

I agree. If we were playing Motherwell or Rangers we'd have shifted more.

Real Emerald
20-10-2017, 08:09 AM

There was only 19k total at the Dundee Utd semi when we won the cup but we've since built up a large support in season tickets and the attendance v Aberdeen in last years semi. Instead of consolidating this increase it appears they disappear like ' snaw off a dyke' when they can't be bothered. We really should be taking at least 15k even allowing for holidays. All our gained momentum in growing the fan base has disappeared at the first test. It's frustrating after all the progress the club has made.

Hiber-nation
20-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Whilst we’re on the subject of judging people we don’t know for not comforming to our ideas of how they should spend their time/money, what about those tits that insist on chipping their front garden?

I just can’t understand how anyone can decide not to have a nice lawn. It’s madness and I won’t stand for being told that it’s not my business.

Poor by your standards.

Hibernia&Alba
20-10-2017, 08:15 AM
There was only 19k total at the Dundee Utd semi when we won the cup but we've since built up a large support in season tickets and the attendance v Aberdeen in last years semi. Instead of consolidating this increase it appears they disappear like ' snaw off a dyke' when they can't be bothered. We really should be taking at least 15k even allowing for holidays. All our gained momentum in growing the fan base has disappeared at the first test. It's frustrating after all the progress the club has made.

Still today for undecideds to get a ticket last minute. Hopefully a good number will say **** it, I'm going.

Real Emerald
20-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Still today for undecideds to get a ticket last minute. Hopefully a good number will say **** it, I'm going.

I hope so too 👍

ivan03
20-10-2017, 08:28 AM
anyone any idea how many we have sold now?

lord bunberry
20-10-2017, 08:43 AM
They can’t be bothered apparently. I’m kind of glad that these type of fans won’t be there, I’ve got a feeling the atmosphere will be brilliant, and hopefully the team can feed of that. Before anyone says they don’t need an excuse not to to go, I know that already. Enjoy watching the game on tv.

Keith_M
20-10-2017, 08:54 AM
anyone any idea how many we have sold now?

Last I heard, it was around 12k.

kaimendhibs
20-10-2017, 09:00 AM
I would pee my pants laughing if when we get to the final Hibs gave everyone attending the Semi two tickets each for the game. This place would go into.meltdown.