PDA

View Full Version : Development game Tuesday 2pm

Billy Whizz
02-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Hibs v Falkirk at Oriam on Tuesday 3rd October, 2pm
Think Ryan Porteous and Fraser Murray are on under 19 duty. Wonder if any of the 1st team players like Barker or Swanson will get a run out

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Strong Falkirk team

AlanRuff
03-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Strong Falkirk team

Is the trialist the boy who was at the The Rangers Billy?

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Is the trialist the boy who was at the The Rangers Billy?

Yes

Dabrowski, Blake, Mackie, Stirling, Trialist, Crane, Watson, S. Martin, Shaw, Campbell, Gullan
Mutch , Finlayson, Munro, Watson, Gasparotto, Blues, Langton, Peggie, Shepherd, Hippolyte, Dunne

AlanRuff
03-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Ta.

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 01:08 PM
1-0 Falkirk

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Penalty to Falkirk in last minute of the half
Hyppolyte scores to make it 2-0

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 02:28 PM
2-1 Shaw penalty
Oli through on goals and falkirk player pulls him down and gets a red card.
17 mins to go, game on

JimBHibees
03-10-2017, 02:28 PM
1-2 Shaw pen

GreenCastle
03-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Was at today's game and really felt we didn't play well.

Falkirk looked better organised and had a few decent players.

We seem to pass the ball nearly too much and often behind the player and very little creativity out wide.

Not at the same level as last years development team yet - I know a few are away on loan but surely we have more depth.

Any regulars give some views ?

andrew70
03-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Was at today's game and really felt we didn't play well.

Falkirk looked better organised and had a few decent players.

We seem to pass the ball nearly too much and often behind the player and very little creativity out wide.

Not at the same level as last years development team yet - I know a few are away on loan but surely we have more depth.

Any regulars give some views ?

Not a regular by any means but I agree some poor stuff on show. Lennon particularly disappointed with Crane and Watson during the game.

Missed big Porteous as I thought the 2 centre halves were terrible. Stirling is neat and tidy but not a centre half imo.

Shaw got virtually no service.

'Keeper played well and had some good stops as Falkirk looked threatening several times.

Other than that Martin worked hard and Blake looked decent but not many will make the first team on that showing.

GreenCastle
03-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Not a regular by any means but I agree some poor stuff on show. Lennon particularly disappointed with Crane and Watson during the game.

Missed big Porteous as I thought the 2 centre halves were terrible. Stirling is neat and tidy but not a centre half imo.

Shaw got virtually no service.

'Keeper played well and had some good stops as Falkirk looked threatening several times.

Other than that Martin worked hard and Blake looked decent but not many will make the first team on that showing.

I still think Shaw has quality.

Who was the ginger CB ? Seemed to be getting pelters from the coaches.

Really liked Falkirk wide right winger not sure name.

Squad lacked leadership also I felt.

J-C
04-10-2017, 06:33 AM
It goes to show you can never know if players are going to take that next step or not, I thought Crane and Martin would be pushing for some game time with the senior squad. I suppose like a lot of players they get to a certain level and then stall, as was seen by Stanton, Handling and Harris recently.

theonlywayisup
04-10-2017, 06:39 AM
Quote from Tim Sherwood in an article about the lack of game time for the young English players:

"If I go to bed on a Friday night knowing I have a choice between a young lad who might give me nine and a half out of 10 - but might also give me a three out of 10 - and an experienced player who I know will give me no better or worse than a seven, I would always go for the experienced player. You simply cannot afford to take the chance."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41471883

Just shows how difficult it is for a young player to make it at the top clubs - I'm sure that's no different down the leagues

andrew70
04-10-2017, 07:05 AM
I still think Shaw has quality.

Who was the ginger CB ? Seemed to be getting pelters from the coaches.

Really liked Falkirk wide right winger not sure name.

Squad lacked leadership also I felt.

Shaw is good, link up play improving but was starved of any good service.

He's a lad on trial. Released from Rangers IIRC. As you say going by the coaches and his subsequent substitution he may not be getting kept on.