PDA

View Full Version : Whittaker yesterday

California-Hibs
01-10-2017, 02:58 PM
I thought the lad was superb. He's came under some criticism in recent weeks and I think it's only right to highlight a genuinely great performance. Had it not been a wonder save from
Gordon, he's also getting on the scoresheet. He done everything right in hitting it high and with power, was very unlucky.

He was solid for me though, had great drive getting us up the pitch, and won a fair amount of tackles.

Bobby's Cinema
01-10-2017, 03:36 PM
I thought the lad was superb. He's came under some criticism in recent weeks and I think it's only right to highlight a genuinely great performance. Had it not been a wonder save from
Gordon, he's also getting on the scoresheet. He done everything right in hitting it high and with power, was very unlucky.

He was solid for me though, had great drive getting us up the pitch, and won a fair amount of tackles.
First half I thought there were signs that again he looked like he could be the weak link for us.

Second half he grew into the game and seemed to relish being up against Sinclair.

Hopefully he's starting to find his feet.

Alex Trager
01-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Played very well yesterday [emoji1360]

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-10-2017, 07:49 PM
I work on the assumption that if there isn't a thread or 5 on here about a player after a match then they've obviously had a competent enough game without being fantastic.

Steven Whittaker is a more than decent player at this level and will prove to be an excellent addition to the squad over the course of the season.

Same applies for Efe Ambrose who also tends to take a lot of flak on here

Gatecrasher
01-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Good to hear, I'm one of those that's been criticising him and happy to learn he put in a good performance. I think he can be an important player for us if he cuts out the silly mistakes.

CallumLaidlaw
01-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Disagree on a couple of points. Thought he made a number of daft challenges which gave away free kicks in dangerous areas. Then regarding Gordon's save, I thought he was lazy in that he just tapped it. Foot through th ball and it's a goal. Gordon was already diving and he put it right in his path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk