PDA

View Full Version : Rocky or Ross ?

southern hibby
01-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Question now is do wee Keep Ross in goals or bring back Rocky?

My view is keep Ross in goals. Made some good saves yesterday and for me deserves to keep the jersey.

Also what a dilemma that we haven't had for a good few years who to give the gloves too for the next game.

GGTTH

Juice-Terry
01-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Ross has definitely earned the right to keep his place in the starting 11. Some cracking saves at Parkhead.

Scorrie
01-10-2017, 09:03 AM
I prefer Laidlaw to be honest.

lord bunberry
01-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Laidlaw probably should keep the gloves, but I've got a feeling that he'll go back to Rocky. They're both good goalkeepers, it must be a hard decision for Lennon. I suspect Rocky cost us a few quid, and that might just be the reason he gets the nod.

fife hfc
01-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Laidlaw is a good goalie and is more confident on the high ball. He hasn't done anything to get himself dropped so is the man in possession of the jersey so deserves to keep it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Laidlaw has to play. I know that Marciano was not actually dropped but it would send the wrong message if he walks straight back in.

Hibee Mac
01-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Has to be Laidlaw for me, has not set a foot wrong all season and made some great saves the last few games, our best keeper this season so far so would be stupid to drop him.

DH1875
01-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Surely he has to keep the jersey :confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Ross Laidlaw all day long for me.

Billy Whizz
01-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Ross has the gloves, his to keep at the moment. Wonder how Lennon views it though, as he’s the man who makes these decisions

connerg
01-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Ross Laidlaw.

Thecat23
01-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Ross must keep his place in the team.

Thegreenside
01-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Has to be Laidlaw until there is a case for him to be dropped I.e. making a mistake. In the last two games argueably saved us three points

Pretty Boy
01-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Laidlaw.

Players should be picked on merit and he's come in and done little wrong.

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2017, 11:02 AM
If Rocky had been playing brilliantly before the Livingston game then I could see the case for bringing him back in, but he wasn't, culminating in a poor game against Motherwell. Since taking over the gloves Laidlaw has made a number of important saves and showed he can handle the pressure at Celtic Park ............ The position should be his to lose now, that's tough luck for Marciano but I really cant see a case for dropping Laidlaw.

The very least of Lennon's considerations should be how much Rocky cost us or what wage he is on .......... its a stupid manager indeed who places these matters over form when he picks his team.

Vault Boy
01-10-2017, 11:06 AM
I'm starting to think that Laidlaw might be the better keeper in general. Deserves to keep his spot, no doubt.

Argylehibby
01-10-2017, 11:09 AM
I've said for some time Ross is the better keeper and he's done nothing over last couple of games to change my opinion. Should be Laidlaw starting.

neil7908
01-10-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm a fan of Marciano but Laidlaw has to retain his place.

lord bunberry
01-10-2017, 11:51 AM
One of the problems with having two good keepers is that as soon as one of them has a bad game, there's calls to bring in the other keeper, especially if it's a mistake in a big game. I don't think it's a good idea to chop and change goalkeepers all the time. It's a pretty strange situation that we find ourselves in. Rocky wouldn't have been dropped if he hadn't made himself unavailable, but in his absence Laidlaw has played well. I'm guessing that whoever starts the next game will be the keeper for the rest of the season. As I said earlier, I think he'll go back to Rocky.

Brooster
01-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Laidlaw is the best goalie at the club in my opinion.

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Laidlaw until he makes 1 mistake and becomes hopeless like Rocky

Billychaotic182
01-10-2017, 12:30 PM
100% Ross. He was fantastic yesterday. A lot is made of Gordon’s save but Ross also had a good few yesterday also. His is place to lose. He’s been more than capable to defend the sticks!

blackpoolhibs
01-10-2017, 12:43 PM
The save last week against Ross County was superb, and he had another yesterday too in the first half that kept us in the game at 0-1.

Rocky has not been on top form, and Laidlaw has come in for these two games and given Lennon something to think about.

I think the right decision would be to keep things as they are for now.

Firestarter
01-10-2017, 01:01 PM
International Goalkeeper has to come back in. Ross has all the potential to be our number 1 for a good few years but Marciano is our first choice 'Keeper.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Laidlaw until he makes 1 mistake and becomes hopeless like Rocky

Why is Rocky hopeless?

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Why is Rocky hopeless?

He isnt, he's a top keeper on a 4 year deal who isnt going to sit on the bench.

superfurryhibby
01-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Laidlaw keeps the gloves. Well deserved in my book.

Vini1875
01-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Don't think there is much to choose between them, which is great to have two keepers that exchange places without dropping standards and that will push each other to maintain the number one spot.

Peevemor
01-10-2017, 03:26 PM
When I see the title, I keep thinking this thread is about Deacon Blue.

Heisenberg
01-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Think Lennon will bring Rocky straight back in. Laidlaw has done very well and could definitely feel hard done by if that does happen.

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Laidlaw. He has the gloves now - Rocky has to win them back.

Thecat23
01-10-2017, 03:49 PM
He isnt, he's a top keeper on a 4 year deal who isnt going to sit on the bench.

He is a good keeper but for me he’ll just have to wait. Laidlaw has done superb so should not be dropped!

Hi Heid Yin
01-10-2017, 04:13 PM
He is a good keeper but for me he’ll just have to wait. Laidlaw has done superb so should not be dropped!

:agree::agree: Ditto

AlbertK86
01-10-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm happy with either but for those saying Rocky was ropey on the cross balls so was Laidlaw last season.

Think he will put Rocky in but would be inclined to play the same starting 11 barring injury against the sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

dp00
01-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Think you have to keep playing laidlaw until such times he does something to lose his place ... if that ain’t the case it doesn’t show the best message does it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
01-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Laidlaw for the semi but Rocky will be first choice for the league.

eastmainsmsh
01-10-2017, 06:52 PM
They are both very good hard decision for lenny

brog
01-10-2017, 07:06 PM
All sport is confidence. Rocky did so well with us that he returned as 1st choice to the Israel national team. Unfortunately he had a shocker versus Spain & IMO he's not been the same keeper since. He's subsequently been dropped from the national squad altogether & I think that has adversely impacted his self assurance. At present I think Ross has to be our #1 & I expect NL will think this way also.

Andy74
01-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Rocky has made the odd mistake but expect him to be back to first choice when available.

pedroorange1875
01-10-2017, 07:30 PM
very very poor attempt at a save for the second goal, thought that at the game and confirmed now i have seen the highlights, no doubt he should have saved that

SChibs
01-10-2017, 07:39 PM
very very poor attempt at a save for the second goal, thought that at the game and confirmed now i have seen the highlights, no doubt he should have saved that

Not so sure about that, macgregor is 10 yards out and could put it anywhere. I would have been a very very good save if he stopped it imo. It's similar to his save at Ross County which everyone said was a wonder save.

pedroorange1875
01-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Not so sure about that, macgregor is 10 yards out and could put it anywhere. I would have been a very very good save if he stopped it imo. It's similar to his save at Ross County which everyone said was a wonder save.

but he didnt put it anywhere he basically albeit at pace, slotted it next to him, poor attempt imo

Swedish hibee
01-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Ross.

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Ross has the shirt but Im totally relaxed about our keeping situation. We've got two really good keepers Im not too bothered who appears in goal Ive got every confidence in both of them its a far cry from the Ox and Conrad.*

*despite Conrad having the game of his life against DUFC.... Roy of the Rovers stuff that.

Pretty Boy
01-10-2017, 08:21 PM
It really is a refreshing change to be arguing about which of our goalkeepers is better after some of the horror shows in the not so distant past.

Tbf Williams, Logan and Oxley were all decent enough but prior to that still makes me shudder.

erin go bragh
01-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Rocky is the better shot stopper imo but Ross is better at holding cross balls .
Tin hat on here but I think Rocky would have saved Celtics 2nd goal .

Borderhibbie76
01-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Laidlaw until he makes 1 mistake and becomes hopeless like RockyAgreed...crazy how so many are writing off Rocky after 1 bad game...we have 2 very good goalkeepers at club and its a tough one for Lennon but for now I agree Laidlaw should keep gloves

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pete
01-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Agreed...crazy how so many are writing off Rocky after 1 bad game...we have 2 very good goalkeepers at club and its a tough one for Lennon but for now I agree Laidlaw should keep gloves

:agree: Laidlaw until he goes on a bad run or until Rocky shows more in training.

We've got two decent keepers so it's all good.

brog
01-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Agreed...crazy how so many are writing off Rocky after 1 bad game...we have 2 very good goalkeepers at club and its a tough one for Lennon but for now I agree Laidlaw should keep gloves

Rocky has had more than 1 bad game. It was just that against Well they scored from his errors. He made 2 shocking errors against Jags but he got away with them.

Borderhibbie76
01-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Rocky has had more than 1 bad game. It was just that against Well they scored from his errors. He made 2 shocking errors against Jags but he got away with them.2 shocking errors?? I don't recall but he's had way more decent games for us than bad ones and is a decent keeper imo

hibbysam
01-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Has to be Laidlaw until there is a case for him to be dropped I.e. making a mistake. In the last two games argueably saved us three points

He hasn't really saved us those points has he? He made a decent save yesterday first half but one I'd expect him to make, quick from his line to close the angle. He just didn't have much to do, the little he did have he did well. I'd agree however that he doesn't deserve dropped, but I'm more than confident with either in goals. Most clubs/managers will go back to their number one choice when they are fit, regardless how the understudy plays.

bigwheel
01-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Laidlaw has been excellent since he came in....so, despite me being a big Rocky fan, Laidlaw deserves to keep the jersey.

Think his positioning was poor for the first goal yesterday - not saying he would have stopped it mind you..and his save before half time more than made up for it...so keep it up big man...doing well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve20
02-10-2017, 03:39 AM
Rocky hasn't had a good season so far, but he's still our best keeper by some way. He will come back in for the Aberdeen game I would think.

lord bunberry
02-10-2017, 05:32 AM
I thought that as well at the time, but looking at it again, I don’t think he did anything wrong. The shot was hit from close in and there was a hibs player covering to his left. He almost certainly was thinking about the bigger gap to his right.

brog
02-10-2017, 06:08 PM
2 shocking errors?? I don't recall but he's had way more decent games for us than bad ones and is a decent keeper imo

He did exactly the same against Partick as he did against Well, ie allowed a ball to go right across his 6 yard box to the far post The difference was Moult scored, the Partick player missed. He also dropped an innocuous shot at the feet of Partick players but Hanlon bailed him out. I'm not anti Rocky, I would love him to prove me wrong, but for now I think the defence have more confidence in Ross.

Nailsea Hibby
02-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Did wonder why we signed Rocky to be first choice when Ross had been doing ok for us. :rolleyes:

Allant1981
03-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Did wonder why we signed Rocky to be first choice when Ross had been doing ok for us. :rolleyes:

because he is a better and more experienced keeper

bigwheel
03-10-2017, 05:51 AM
Rocky's performance against Dunfermline last season , 2-2 at home, is up there with any performance I've seen from a Hibs goalkeeper ever...it was incredible....at his best he is the better Keeper.. he has not been at his best this season, Laidlaw is yet to let us down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith_M
03-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Sounded like a line from Red Dwarf, "Our Rob Or Ross"