PDA

View Full Version : Forrest's Dives

brog
01-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Neither of them on Hibs TV highlights. Any rough idea of timing so I can scroll through game to find them? ( Or are they anywhere else? )

Sir David Gray
01-10-2017, 07:08 AM
First one was either just before or after their first goal. Think it might have been just after it.

Firestarter
01-10-2017, 07:12 AM
First one was either just before or after their first goal. Think it might have been just after it.

Was about 5 mins after the goal.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:14 AM
That lad must have problems with his balance. Like a baby giraffe on its first walk. :rolleyes:

Keith_M
01-10-2017, 07:16 AM
According to the morons on Celtc TV, he was quite clearly fouled and the booking he received for his first 'dive' was indicative of the anti-Celtc agenda in Scottish football.

Although they didn't put it quite so eloquently, more along the lines of...

"Did ye see that bookin? S'no fair, we dinnae get nuthin fae these hun luvin. orange, masonic barstewards in Sco'ish fitba cos' we're jist poor opressed oirish kaffliks an ivryboady hates us"

delbert
01-10-2017, 10:13 AM
According to the morons on Celtc TV, he was quite clearly fouled and the booking he received for his first 'dive' was indicative of the anti-Celtc agenda in Scottish football.

"Did ye see that bookin? S'no fair, we dinnae get nuthin fae these hun luvin. orange, masonic barstewards in Sco'ish fitba cos' we're jist poor opressed oirish kaffliks an ivryboady hates us"

Which is a really interesting description of a religious education teacher at a Catholic school, which yesterday’s referee is in his day job !!

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-10-2017, 10:24 AM

They had a line in the 2nd half where the commentator said something like "and why was that a booking? Cause he's no wearing black or course"

I know we've had some fans over the years that think refs have an agenda against us but they're unreal. Genuinely think that every decision is to spite the mighty Glasgow Celtic. Embarassing

As for Forrest. Vastly over rated imo. Isn't much, i'd any better than Martin Boyle he just has an easier platform

SRHibs
01-10-2017, 10:27 AM
They had a line in the 2nd half where the commentator said something like "and why was that a booking? Cause he's no wearing black or course"

I know we've had some fans over the years that think refs have an agenda against us but they're unreal. Genuinely think that every decision is to spite the mighty Glasgow Celtic. Embarassing

As for Forrest. Vastly over rated imo. Isn't much, i'd any better than Martin Boyle he just has an easier platform

Were you on here last season? There was a new thread every week complaining about the apparent bias against us. Just as bad as they're being now.

brog
01-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Were you on here last season? There was a new thread every week complaining about the apparent bias against us. Just as bad as they're being now.

You really believe that? Celtc are still complaining about a wrongly awarded throw in from 20 years ago. If Celtc vs Sevco had, in the last 5 years, been denied a goal which was a yard over the line, been denied a supposedly offside goal which was 3 yards onside & had 3 Sevco players retroactively red carded then armageddon would have broken out. We can whinge at times, as can every team, but we're novices compared with Celtc.

emerald green
01-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Neither of them on Hibs TV highlights. Any rough idea of timing so I can scroll through game to find them? ( Or are they anywhere else? )

First one wasn't a dive, the second one was. Shown clearly on BBC Sportscene.

calumhibee1
01-10-2017, 06:09 PM

The second one was a shocker.

hibbysam
01-10-2017, 06:26 PM

If it was the one on the edge of the box which he was booked for then it was a dive. I've watched it on Hibs tv numerous times, Bartley pulls out, Hanlon's leg goes out but Forrest is down before he even gets to Hanlons leg and just dives forward. He knew he had overrun it and thought he could buy a free kick right on the edge of the box. Collum was spot on for it. I've not seen the other one yet.

Vini1875
01-10-2017, 06:30 PM
If it was the one on the edge of the box which he was booked for then it was a dive. I've watched it on Hibs tv numerous times, Bartley pulls out, Hanlon's leg goes out but Forrest is down before he even gets to Hanlons leg and just dives forward. He knew he had overrun it and thought he could buy a free kick right on the edge of the box. Collum was spot on for it. I've not seen the other one yet.

The first is debatable and he gets a booking, the second is absolutely a dive and he gets away with it.

Mr White
01-10-2017, 06:30 PM
They're both on the highlights on bbc website. Terrible decision not to give him a second yellow.

brog
01-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Thanks to all, hopefully i'll get a chance to see properly later.

Hibs Class
01-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Watched both on Sportscene. Both clear dives. Collum cop out.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:21 PM
They're both on the highlights on bbc website. Terrible decision not to give him a second yellow.

:agree:

Doon quicker than a lady of ill repute oan Leith docks.

JimBHibees
01-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Watched both on Sportscene. Both clear dives. Collum cop out.

Yep atrocious referee morally bankrupt.

Eyrie
01-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Watched the BBC highlights and it's two very similar incidents. In both cases Forrest is on his way down before he even reaches the defender so Collum was spot on the first time and chickened out the second time.

Normally the attacker at least makes an effort to go past the defender before deliberately dragging a leg onto the defender's foot and then falling over, which is still a dive despite the fact the referees almost always give it as a foul.

JimBHibees
01-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Watched the BBC highlights and it's two very similar incidents. In both cases Forrest is on his way down before he even reaches the defender so Collum was spot on.

Normally the attacker at least makes an effort to go past the defender before deliberately dragging a leg onto the defender's foot and then falling over, which is still a dive despite the fact the referees almost always give it as a foul.

Not really spot on not to send him off.

Eyrie
01-10-2017, 07:54 PM

I realised how that read after posting, and thought I'd got my edit in fast enough - obviously not!

JimBHibees
01-10-2017, 07:58 PM
I realised how that read after posting, and thought I'd got my edit in fast enough - obviously not!

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
01-10-2017, 08:20 PM

I thought both were dives but even if you're right Jim, the ref booked him for the first and so his blatant dive for the second should have earned a yellow and subsequent red

JimBHibees
01-10-2017, 08:31 PM
I thought both were dives but even if you're right Jim, the ref booked him for the first and so his blatant dive for the second should have earned a yellow and subsequent red

Totally agree ref bottled it.

Deansy
01-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Commentator (on Forrest's 1st dive)

'There was maybe just a bit of contact there ............ Forrest's left-boot on Hanlon's right'

There was NO contact whatsoever but like the rest of the Scottish Media, BBC Scot won't say anything that might upset the 'Eternal Victims' eh !

Another thing, if you watch the slow-mo replay of that 1st dive, you can actually see Forrest's right-leg 'Tense' as he uses it to propel his dive !

His 2nd one was even more farcical and Collum should've seen it for what it was - an outright attempt at making a fool of him - Collum should've red-carded Forrest !

J-C
01-10-2017, 09:08 PM
2 blatant dives but we got away with a definite penalty when Efe tugged Sinclair in the box near the end, so it evens itself out.

brog
01-10-2017, 09:16 PM
2 blatant dives but we got away with a definite penalty when Efe tugged Sinclair in the box near the end, so it evens itself out.

Not really because if Forrest goes off we have a totally different game after that. Personally I'm happy we gained a draw against 11 men. The seethe from the hordes if they'd actually had a man sent off would have made it a very difficult game for us.

01-10-2017, 09:55 PM

I'm not convinced it should have been a penalty. Efe cleared it and it's Sinclair's hand that knocks it forward before Efe then impedes him. It can be argued that it was from point blank range so Sinclair could do nothing about it but I'd say Sinclair brings his arm slightly in towards his side which has the effect of knocking it forward. If he hadn't it would have struck his arm or hand and probably have gone downwards.

J-C
02-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Not really because if Forrest goes off we have a totally different game after that. Personally I'm happy we gained a draw against 11 men. The seethe from the hordes if they'd actually had a man sent off would have made it a very difficult game for us.

Possibly, the thing I took from game was Rodgers happy to get a draw and Hibs disappointed to not get the win, changed days indeed :greengrin

Carheenlea
02-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Both clear dives and the red card should have been administered. Watching the highlights on Sportscene the general concensus was that there was contact for the first. I couldn't see it, but even if there was, it's still a dive. If there was contact, it wasn't enough to bring the player down - dive and yellow card. Quite why the referee let the second one go after correctly calling the first was baffling.

easty
02-10-2017, 08:58 AM
As for Forrest. Vastly over rated imo.

Only at Celtc and by Gordon Strachan. I dinnae know anyone who doesn't think he's completely diddy.

GreenOnions
02-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Both clear dives and the red card should have been administered. Watching the highlights on Sportscene the general concensus was that there was contact for the first. I couldn't see it, but even if there was, it's still a dive. If there was contact, it wasn't enough to bring the player down - dive and yellow card. Quite why the referee let the second one go after correctly calling the first was baffling.

I agree with this. In both incidents Forrest began to dive forward before reaching the defender. He tries to buy the free-kick by dragging both feet as he dives in order to generate some contact from the defender. The BBC noted that this foot dragging may have resulted in some minor contact for the first incident but none for the second.

Even if there was minor contact for the first I don't think that's automatically a foul if the attacker has already started diving before it, had no intention of trying to get round the defender and deliberately dragged his foot in order to engineer that contact.

It's cheating pure and simple on both occasions. Two yellows and ought to have been sent off IMO if the ref had been strong.

Definite penalty by Ambrose though. Looks like the ref gave one of those advantages that don't actually help the attacking team.

snooky
02-10-2017, 09:49 AM
FFS, Forests are being chopped down all over the world. He should get over it.

--------
02-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Yup. Forrest's a talentless wee cheat, but no doubt he'll be one of the first on Strachan's team-sheet as usual.

Hibernia&Alba
02-10-2017, 10:52 AM
FFS, Forests are being chopped down all over the world. He should get over it.

The patter, Snooky; the patter :greengrin

Vini1875
02-10-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm not convinced it should have been a penalty. Efe cleared it and it's Sinclair's hand that knocks it forward before Efe then impedes him. It can be argued that it was from point blank range so Sinclair could do nothing about it but I'd say Sinclair brings his arm slightly in towards his side which has the effect of knocking it forward. If he hadn't it would have struck his arm or hand and probably have gone downwards.

What is Whittaker doing in those pics? Looks like he saw a ghost or stood on a nail.

3pm
02-10-2017, 11:42 AM
I've just watched the highlights.

Abysmal stuff from Forrest. Should have been off.

snooky
02-10-2017, 11:50 AM
What is Whittaker doing in those pics? Looks like he saw a ghost or stood on a nail.

It's Forrest tripping him up I think.
Don't worry, Collum never saw it either. :rolleyes:

aljo7-0
02-10-2017, 12:39 PM

That could easily be the Charleston?

snooky
02-10-2017, 01:04 PM
That could easily be the Charleston?

Ya dancer!

Argylehibby
02-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Had that been a foreign player the sport scene team would have been all over it as cheating. Never call out our own cheats

chinaman
02-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Had that been a foreign player the sport scene team would have been all over it as cheating. Never call out our own cheats

Correct! Just like England's dele ali booked again for blatant cheating for spurs on saturday.
Quick look then move on.pxxxk should be hammered

JimBHibees
02-10-2017, 01:49 PM

If a non-old firm player had done that they would be getting pilloried for weeks on end. Compare with the relentless focus on Garry O on sportsound for weeks when he got a pen.

On further thought Walker of Hearts doesnt get as much criticism as he should given his diving antics which still continue.

marleyhib
02-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Both clear dives, first one maybe a slight touch shown up in super slow mo but he'd dived before that point. Second one was even more blatant than the first. Inconsistent, incompetent and bottled it to send him off.

Contrast that with Sinclair who could have gone down for a pen at the end and didn't.

Says a lot about Forrest.

SonOfDavidFrancey
02-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Can he be cited for the second dive or is that just if it's a penalty?

easty
02-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Correct! Just like England's dele ali booked again for blatant cheating for spurs on saturday.
Quick look then move on.pxxxk should be hammered

MOTD spoke about the Dele Alli dive as much as they would any foreigners dive. Shearer really wasn't happy with him.

JeMeSouviens
02-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Both clear dives, first one maybe a slight touch shown up in super slow mo but he'd dived before that point. Second one was even more blatant than the first. Inconsistent, incompetent and bottled it to send him off.

Contrast that with Sinclair who could have gone down for a pen at the end and didn't.

Apart from anything else, how thick do you have to be to try the 2nd one while on a booking?

MyJo
02-10-2017, 05:30 PM

First one the arms were up in the air and he was falling over before he got anywhere near a Hibs player, the contact came from the fact he dragged his feet behind him when throwing himself forward rather than jumping up in the air and he dragged his foot over the Hibs players foot that had been put out in front of him.

The second one was exactly the same except the Hibs player had the sense of mind to pull his foot back out of the way when Forrest chucked his arms up in the air again so there was zero contact.

He should have been sent off, he was given the yellow for the first once as a warning to cut the cheating out, he didnt and the ref s**t it when faced with the choice of sending him off for it at parkhead

snooky
02-10-2017, 05:39 PM
First one the arms were up in the air and he was falling over before he got anywhere near a Hibs player, the contact came from the fact he dragged his feet behind him when throwing himself forward rather than jumping up in the air and he dragged his foot over the Hibs players foot that had been put out in front of him.

The second one was exactly the same except the Hibs player had the sense of mind to pull his foot back out of the way when Forrest chucked his arms up in the air again so there was zero contact.

He should have been sent off, he was given the yellow for the first once as a warning to cut the cheating out, he didnt and the ref s**t it when faced with the choice of sending him off for it at parkhead

I've always said that if we want to rid the game of dispicable cheating, like diving, the players have to police themselves and chastise team-mates who do it. As I have mentioned before, I recall seeing Rob Jones giving Zoomer a mouthful at ER after the wee man was awarded a foul for an obvious dive.

Brunswickbill
02-10-2017, 10:48 PM
I've always said that if we want to rid the game of dispicable cheating, like diving, the players have to police themselves and chastise team-mates who do it. As I have mentioned before, I recall seeing Rob Jones giving Zoomer a mouthful at ER after the wee man was awarded a foul for an obvious dive.

You also need to get commentators and pundits calling them out. How many times have you heard "He could have gone down there." In other words he could (should) have cheated. They are just as bad as the divers.

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Whether or not the first booking was a dive or not is immaterial, the fact is Forrest was booked for it and all that leaves is should he have been booked for the second dive? In the second one its as clear a dive as you will see, its the sort of dive refereeing seminars will be shown films of as an example of as clear and unambiguous an act of 'simulation' as its possible to get.

That dive happened right in front of the referee and there can be absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he didn't administer a second booking because he was afraid to ...... if you ask me that is nothing short of cheating, not only cheating Hibs, but cheating the paying public, the people who pay him his match fee and not least of all himself .... if he was any sort of a man he would be asking himself if he should be refereeing professional football .... its a job which requires nerve, integrity and honesty, none of which can be applied to a referee who has knowingly failed to apply the rules of the game fairly and impartially to both teams on the pitch.

As for the clown ( Andrew Dallas ) who refereed Hamilton v Sevco ..... its hard to say whether he was incompetent, a coward or bribed. He booked a Currant Bun for a disgraceful lunge which was a red card all day long and then failed to give the same player a second yellow for as clear a deliberate handball as you'll see ..... the same player all the officials had missed deliberately elbowing a Hamilton player off the ball in the first 10 minutes of the match.

Any ref can make a mistake ...... but when you see decisions that are clearly wrong being made in situations where there is little or no need for interpretation you really do have to question, if not their integrity and honesty, then at least their courage and that's simply not acceptable, especially when for premiership games referees are being paid close to £1000 per match. .... That means the likes of Willie Collum can earn £38,000 a year from premiership matches, even more when you include Scottish and League cup matches and friendlies ..... These people are in some cases earning more money from the game than the players on the pitch are ...... surely the least we can expect from them is to referee the games fairly, honestly, competently, consistently and not least of all impartially.

JimBHibees
03-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Whether or not the first booking was a dive or not is immaterial, the fact is Forrest was booked for it and all that leaves is should he have been booked for the second dive? In the second one its as clear a dive as you will see, its the sort of dive refereeing seminars will be shown films of as an example of as clear and unambiguous an act of 'simulation' as its possible to get.

That dive happened right in front of the referee and there can be absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he didn't administer a second booking because he was afraid to ...... if you ask me that is nothing short of cheating, not only cheating Hibs, but cheating the paying public, the people who pay him his match fee and not least of all himself .... if he was any sort of a man he would be asking himself if he should be refereeing professional football .... its a job which requires nerve, integrity and honesty, none of which can be applied to a referee who has knowingly failed to apply the rules of the game fairly and impartially to both teams on the pitch.

As for the clown ( Andrew Dallas ) who refereed Hamilton v Sevco ..... its hard to say whether he was incompetent, a coward or bribed. He booked a Currant Bun for a disgraceful lunge which was a red card all day long and then failed to give the same player a second yellow for as clear a deliberate handball as you'll see ..... the same player all the officials had missed deliberately elbowing a Hamilton player off the ball in the first 10 minutes of the match.

Any ref can make a mistake ...... but when you see decisions that are clearly wrong being made in situations where there is little or no need for interpretation you really do have to question, if not their integrity and honesty, then at least their courage and that's simply not acceptable, especially when for premiership games referees are being paid close to £1000 per match. .... That means the likes of Willie Collum can earn £38,000 a year from premiership matches, even more when you include Scottish and League cup matches and friendlies ..... These people are in some cases earning more money from the game than the players on the pitch are ...... surely the least we can expect from them is to referee the games fairly, honestly, competently, consistently and not least of all impartially.

Great post totally agree about the bottle, lets remember Collum also does International and Champions League games so he will be coining it in very well. There is absolutely no doubt he bottled it and as you say if he is not prepared to give as clear a decision as that they he quite simply shouldn't be refereeing at that level. How many atrocious decisions does he get away with? Last season he was having a shocker almost every game at one point and now he is back at the top level with little or no apparent punishment. Dallas junior was another out the same mould petrified to send off a player because of who he played for. It is cheating pure and simple.

snooky
03-10-2017, 11:00 AM

Right on the button again, NN. Keep 'em coming - superb post. :top marks
Anybody who thinks that, in the Scottish game all team play on a level field, is delusional.

kaimendhibs
03-10-2017, 11:18 AM

Any ref can make a mistake ...... but when you see decisions that are clearly wrong being made in situations where there is little or no need for interpretation you really do have to question, if not their integrity and honesty, then at least their courage and that's simply not acceptable, especially when for premiership games referees are being paid close to £1000 per match. .... That means the likes of Willie Collum can earn £38,000 a year from premiership matches, even more when you include Scottish and League cup matches and friendlies ..... These people are in some cases earning more money from the game than the players on the pitch are ...... surely the least we can expect from them is to referee the games fairly, honestly, competently, consistently and not least of all impartially.Said at the game Collum bottled the 2nd one. He was only yards away looking straight at it and made no gestures at all, just ran away. Utter disgrace

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Right on the button again, NN. Keep 'em coming - superb post. :top marks
Anybody who thinks that, in the Scottish game all team play on a level field, is delusional.

True, yet it's the Old Firm who are the worst for claiming referees are against them. Both sets of fans are fuelled by paranoia. They should try walking a mile in the shoes of supporters of every other club in Scotland. Take a look at this lunacy on Follow Follow right now, in relation to Pena getting away with murder at Hamilton. They think it's a conspiracy against them! :paranoid:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/surprise-pena-being-investigated.4814/

Alan62
03-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Both clear dives for me. The contact thing for the first one that was microscopically analysed on Sportscene was as much Forrest contacting Hanlon's boot as it was the other way round. Forrest was already well on his way down before that contact took place. The fact that he went for a second blatant dive shows that either he's a complete moron or he's used to getting away with it. You decide.

brog
03-10-2017, 01:49 PM

Great post NN. I was actually surprised Sportscene highlighted the Forrest incidents so fair play to them though both pundits also bottled out of calling his booking a dive. As another poster said, how stupid is Forrest & how crap is he to everyone but Strachan.

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2017, 02:55 PM
True, yet it's the Old Firm who are the worst for claiming referees are against them. Both sets of fans are fuelled by paranoia. They should try walking a mile in the shoes of supporters of every other club in Scotland. Take a look at this lunacy on Follow Follow right now, in relation to Pena getting away with murder at Hamilton. They think it's a conspiracy against them! :paranoid:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/surprise-pena-being-investigated.4814/

If for a second you look past the 'its a kafflic conspiracy' theorists and the blatant disregard for the evidence .. IE a clear elbow which went unnoticed, a shocking tackle he should have been red carded for and a blatant attempt to score with his arm which was totally ignored by the ref who had a clear view of it, they do have one point you cant disagree with.

Scott Brown gets away with murder on just about a weekly basis, so much so you begin to wonder if he has entered some sort of pact with Beelzebub where he has sold his soul in exchange for being invisible to referees. A prime example is this years Scottish cup final where on at least two occasions he thwarted Aberdeen breakaways by simply putting himself in the way of a Dons player preventing him getting onto a pass ... both were stick on bookings and both times he got away with it, I remember commenting on it at the time.

For whatever reason its undeniable that Scott Brown is given leeway on the pitch by refs way beyond that afforded any other player in Scottish football, and incredibly that does even include Sevco players, as a team they get away with as much as Celtic, but I cant think of an individual they have at the moment who has been as consistently 'lucky' as Brown ..... time and again with him the ref has 'a word' where just about any other player would get booked. Marvin Bartley must have a word with him to find out his secret, all Marv has to do is look at an opponent to be on the receiving end of a yellow or a red.

In fact when it comes to Marv its been a while now since he's been sent off, I cant help thinking the SPFL sent a memo round the refs saying, c'mon lads calm doon a bit on this guy, its starting to look like racism.

When it comes to the semi final if Brown is playing Hibs should instruct the players to get in the refs ear every time he commits an offence, no matter how mild, because unless we do he will get away with murder as usual .... not just that but as I said on another thread stick SJM on him, he has all the qualities required to stop Brown dictating the midfield and can easily match him physically .... he's used to getting an easy ride and if SJM can get on top if him in an individual battle, which I'm positive he can, we will eventually get a reaction out of him.

Oops, sorry wandered off topic a bit :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 03:06 PM
If for a second you look past the 'its a kafflic conspiracy' theorists and the blatant disregard for the evidence .. IE a clear elbow which went unnoticed, a shocking tackle he should have been red carded for and a blatant attempt to score with his arm which was totally ignored by the ref who had a clear view of it, they do have one point you cant disagree with.

Scott Brown gets away with murder on just about a weekly basis, so much so you begin to wonder if he has entered some sort of pact with Beelzebub where he has sold his soul in exchange for being invisible to referees. A prime example is this years Scottish cup final where on at least two occasions he thwarted Aberdeen breakaways by simply putting himself in the way of a Dons player preventing him getting onto a pass ... both were stick on bookings and both times he got away with it, I remember commenting on it at the time.

For whatever reason its undeniable that Scott Brown is given leeway on the pitch by refs way beyond that afforded any other player in Scottish football, and incredibly that does even include Sevco players, as a team they get away with as much as Celtic, but I cant think of an individual they have at the moment who has been as consistently 'lucky' as Brown ..... time and again with him the ref has 'a word' where just about any other player would get booked. Marvin Bartley must have a word with him to find out his secret, all Marv has to do is look at an opponent to be on the receiving end of a yellow or a red.

In fact when it comes to Marv its been a while now since he's been sent off, I cant help thinking the SPFL sent a memo round the refs saying, c'mon lads calm doon a bit on this guy, its starting to look like racism.

When it comes to the semi final if Brown is playing Hibs should instruct the players to get in the refs ear every time he commits an offence, no matter how mild, because unless we do he will get away with murder as usual .... not just that but as I said on another thread stick SJM on him, he has all the qualities required to stop Brown dictating the midfield and can easily match him physically .... he's used to getting an easy ride and if SJM can get on top if him in an individual battle, which I'm positive he can, we will eventually get a reaction out of him.

Oops, sorry wandered off topic a bit :greengrin

I do agree regarding Brown. Perhaps his big reputation in the game means he gets away with some things, when other players would be shown a card. But again, the Old Firm play a game of deflection, claiming referees are out to get them, when in fact it's the rest of the teams who suffer much more. This is natural: look at any league in the world and you can see that marginal (and sometimes blatant) decisions go the way of the big clubs, as they have power and influence other teams don't. In Scotland there are only two really big clubs dominating the game, which, if anything, accentuates the phenomena of big teams getting their own way.

The Huns react to Pena being done by bringing Brown into it; they don't say a word about the injustice Hamilton suffered. The Old Firm get more soft penalties (particularly when they need a late goal) than the rest of us combined, yet both cry victim.

Callum_62
03-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Pena no case to answer for the elbow according to the compliance officer

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
03-10-2017, 07:36 PM

In a game in which he should have had two reds (terrible foul and an elbow) and a booking for deliberate handball. Yet The Rangers fans are screaming a conspiracy against them!

Danderhall Hibs
03-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Did he pick up on the 2nd dive from Forrest? Got to be worth a 2 game ban.