PDA

View Full Version : What the Celtic Fans said about Hibs after the game

Hi Heid Yin
30-09-2017, 10:39 PM
All lifted from their fans forum and not a swear word in sight:

"credit to Lennon and his team. They were good"

"Hibs were the better team"

" Full credit to Lennon though. He's showing why he's the 2nd best manager in the league"

" John McGinn outstanding"

" credit where it's due to Hibs. They played as well as any domestic team has against us for a long time both with and without the ball"

" Hibs were excellent. Lenny is a class manager"

"Ref aside we were lucky to get a point. Looked tired and Hibs were the better team"

" but for a wonder save from CG they (Hibs) would have won"

"We got away with that today"

"Hibs offered more than any other domestic opponent I've seen since Rodgers took over. I'm desperate for them to catch the sheep and the hun"

"After the chasing we took in the second half I'll take that"

"Hibs were excellent. McGinn in particular was very good"

"Fair dues to Hibs. Bossed us in the 2nd half up until the last 10mins"

"We should sign McGinn"

"Best players on the pitch were all Hibs players, most notably Ambrose and McGinn"

"Hibs are a better side than Sevco and have a team every bit as likely to cause us problems as Aberdeen. If they can find some consistency second place is a realistic target"

"We were lucky to get a point"

"If more teams came at us at CP the way that Hibs did, we might be better prepared for Euro games"

"Outside of a European game Mcginn's peformance in the second half was the best I have seen. If he gets close to that in the semi final up against brown then he should defo be our next signing"

MKHIBEE
01-10-2017, 06:29 AM
" John McGinn outstanding
"Hibs were excellent. McGinn in particular was very good
"Outside of a European game Mcginn's peformance in the second half was the best I have seen. If he gets close to that in the semi final up against brown then he should defo be our next signing"

If Mcginn continues to play like he did yesterday he will be looking at better options than Celtic in the transfer window

Jim44
01-10-2017, 06:57 AM
If Mcginn continues to play like he did yesterday he will be looking at better options than Celtic in the transfer window

Exactly. Celtic are small fry and if McGinn has any footballing ambition, he will swerve their approach in January.

Johnny Clash
01-10-2017, 07:00 AM
All lifted from their fans forum and not a swear word in sight:

"credit to Lennon and his team. They were good"

"Hibs were the better team"

" Full credit to Lennon though. He's showing why he's the 2nd best manager in the league"

" John McGinn outstanding"

" credit where it's due to Hibs. They played as well as any domestic team has against us for a long time both with and without the ball"

" Hibs were excellent. Lenny is a class manager"

"Ref aside we were lucky to get a point. Looked tired and Hibs were the better team"

" but for a wonder save from CG they (Hibs) would have won"

"We got away with that today"

"Hibs offered more than any other domestic opponent I've seen since Rodgers took over. I'm desperate for them to catch the sheep and the hun"

"After the chasing we took in the second half I'll take that"

"Hibs were excellent. McGinn in particular was very good"

"Fair dues to Hibs. Bossed us in the 2nd half up until the last 10mins"

"We should sign McGinn"

"Best players on the pitch were all Hibs players, most notably Ambrose and McGinn"

"Hibs are a better side than Sevco and have a team every bit as likely to cause us problems as Aberdeen. If they can find some consistency second place is a realistic target"

"We were lucky to get a point"

"If more teams came at us at CP the way that Hibs did, we might be better prepared for Euro games"

Interesting reading and that praise was totally deserved. I think fans of every team in Scotland - with the exception of one - are capable of praising the opposition when they play as well as we did yesterday.

Let's enjoy SJM for as long as we can and I hope he ends up playing in England on a cracking deal. As Lenny said after the game, looks like his £5m valuation was well short!

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-10-2017, 09:25 AM

Exactly my thoughts.

Why on earth would he want to go there to sit on the bench for most games and perhaps get a start in some Euro games.

He'll be heading to the EPL in my opinion.

An outstanding talent.

01-10-2017, 09:36 AM
The majority are blaming Collum and bleating about their penalty shout. They do enjoy playing the victims.

houstonhibbee
01-10-2017, 09:50 AM
The majority are blaming Collum and bleating about their penalty shout. They do enjoy playing the victims.
In this case they have a point though. There was definitely tugging his shirt. If it was us I suspect we would be bleating to.

DH1875
01-10-2017, 09:50 AM
A lot of them I know are pretty happy with it. Their still unbeaten and they reckon its blown any chance we had in the semi as they won't be taking us as lightly and will have a stronger team out :confused:

01-10-2017, 09:52 AM
In this case they have a point though. There was definitely tugging his shirt. If it was us I suspect we would be bleating to.

Get it right up them.

1van Sprou7e
01-10-2017, 10:54 AM
A lot of them I know are pretty happy with it. Their still unbeaten and they reckon its blown any chance we had in the semi as they won't be taking us as lightly and will have a stronger team out :confused:

They may have a point about the semi final to be fair.

Hope I'm wrong but I feel we may have missed our chance to beat them, although they won't have home advantage this time so who knows

houstonhibbee
01-10-2017, 11:00 AM
They may have a point about the semi final to be fair.

Hope I'm wrong but I feel we may have missed our chance to beat them, although they won't have home advantage this time so who knows
They might be a bit more wary of us as well next time. We counter attacked and broke up play well. We stiill need to concentrate better when defending - and that goes for the whole team not just the defenders

Argylehibby
01-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Yep we would but we would probably admit that we should have been down to 10 Mon before half time. Not looked at their site but judging by the Radio Clyde phone in on the way back yesterday very few were happy to say that was the case preferring to go on about WC. (Who by the way is the worst ref in Scotland)

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-10-2017, 11:12 AM

Any mention that Forrest should have had two yellows for diving ?

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 11:14 AM

Thats all very well providing they don't pick up anymore injuries when their players are away on international duty, or when they play in the league in 2 weeks and then are away to Bayern before the semi. We have to worry about injuries as well to be fair. They have Dundee at home then Bayern away before us again.

I overheard one of them outside after the game commenting to his mate that it was a very good game and he wished all teams would come and attack and make a game of it as in his words, last season was a walk over every week and the league was boring.

BoomtownHibees
01-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Any mention that Forrest should have had two yellows for diving ?

Or Lustig hand-balling it in the first half and getting booked for exactly the same thing in the second

Waxy
01-10-2017, 11:53 AM
John Mcginn is much better than Celtic.

Keith_M
01-10-2017, 12:14 PM

They'll have Brown and some others back for the Semi Final, so it actually will be a harder game.

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 12:15 PM
The semi final is another day, another game. I dont think yesterdays match will have much bearing on it.

Betty Boop
01-10-2017, 12:34 PM
The green Huns? Such a jolly jibe.

mixumatosis
01-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Exactly my thoughts.

Why on earth would he want to go there to sit on the bench for most games and perhaps get a start in some Euro games.

He'll be heading to the EPL in my opinion.

An outstanding talent.

If he's good enough for the EPL why on earth would he be on Celtic's bench instead of starting for them ? If he's good enough to start their European games you don't think he'd make the starting 11 against Dundee ? Your logic's a bit murky I think...

Johnny Clash
01-10-2017, 12:49 PM
They'll have Brown and some others back for the Semi Final, so it actually will be a harder game.

That's true but Brown may not be totally match having missed 4 weeks of playing plus the semi will be played at a neutral stadium with support split evenly. If they thought a thousand hibees made a racket yesterday then see how they like 20,000 !!

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2017, 01:04 PM
When you are used to every team parking the bus at Celtic Park it must have been refreshing for the Sellik fans to have an actual game to watch.

I don't think this game was any sort of an indicator of how the semi final will go, we would be daft to think it will be anything less than a game where we are massive underdogs, with Celtic probably stronger than they were on Saturday and with a better idea of how we play.

As everybody has noted, our one advantage will be that they are away to Bayern a few days before and they will have to play at full strength and a high intensity to avoid a hammering, never mind get a result .... With Hampdens big pitch and the game kicking off at lunchtime that could up our chances by about 5% or so .... In order to take advantage of that we will have to start quickly and keep the pace up for the full 90 minutes or more ..... What our players will have taken from Saturday is that in reality playing Celtic isn't as scary as it looks on paper and we have a bit of quality ourselves, even to the point where we can go a goal down to them away from home and still get a result. If we can score first and with a big support to encourage the players we have better than a punchers chance.

I'll still be travelling more in hope than expectation though :greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-10-2017, 01:36 PM

It's fair enough I suppose.

We'll have Gray back by then but other than that we were at full strength yesterday as McGregor and Fontaine will almost certainly miss the semi as well.

They had Brown and Armstrong out through injury yesterday which is unavoidable but they chose to start Sinclair, Roberts and Griffiths on the bench who are three of their best players.

I'm assuming they'll all play in the semi if they're fit which will certainly make them a different proposition.

hibs#1
01-10-2017, 01:41 PM
It's fair enough I suppose.

We'll have Gray back by then but other than that we were at full strength yesterday as McGregor and Fontaine will almost certainly miss the semi as well.

They had Brown and Armstrong out through injury yesterday which is unavoidable but they chose to start Sinclair, Roberts and Griffiths on the bench who are three of their best players.

I'm assuming they'll all play in the semi if they're fit which will certainly make them a different proposition.

The semi line up for celtic could well depend on whether they still have sniff of qualifying in either 2nd or 3rd in their group which I think they will.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2017, 01:51 PM
The semi line up for celtic could well depend on whether they still have sniff of qualifying in either 2nd or 3rd in their group which I think they will.

Doubt it. They only play one Champions League game between now and then which is Bayern Munich away so I can't see how that will have any bearing on their group position. In my opinion they have no chance of finishing in the top two and as long as they avoid defeat against Anderlecht at home then they'll get 3rd but they don't play that match until December.

They'll be desperate for a back to back Treble. We came very close to beating them yesterday when they rested some players. I can't see them taking us lightly in the semi.

Vini1875
01-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Still think winning the semi is very possible for us. Difficult but not impossible. Our players should take a lift from how we played and that we have little to fear from them. Got to respect them and play with more composure, but for all we did well yesterday I still think we could play better and get luckier. Craig Gordon pulls off a wonder save to keep them in the game, if that had gone in we would have saw out the game.

147lothian
01-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Celtic fan I work with who is a decent guy, said all the credit has to go to Hibs for making a game of it and how refreshing it was to leave a game with talking points like WC's performance and CG's save

California-Hibs
01-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Has to be said, fair play to them for acknowledging how events were and giving us the rightful praise. I was also floored by how honest and full of praise Rodgers interview was -

When asked if it was one of the toughest tests Celtic had faced this season, Rodgers replied: "No, it's the toughest.

To play against a team who I thought was excellent, with that energy, it was a great result for us."

"I was really impressed by them as a collective. They had real energy in their team, really physicality and that was a test for us today.''

erin go bragh
01-10-2017, 04:44 PM
By the time of the semi , Stokes will be on fire again at Hampden. They were lucky to get a point yesterday. Hibs well final :)

hibs#1
01-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Doubt it. They only play one Champions League game between now and then which is Bayern Munich away so I can't see how that will have any bearing on their group position. In my opinion they have no chance of finishing in the top two and as long as they avoid defeat against Anderlecht at home then they'll get 3rd but they don't play that match until December.

They'll be desperate for a back to back Treble. We came very close to beating them yesterday when they rested some players. I can't see them taking us lightly in the semi.

Ah sorry thought the semi was further away than it is, so just ignore me talking pish.

AlbertK86
01-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Interesting reading and that praise was totally deserved. I think fans of every team in Scotland - with the exception of one - are capable of praising the opposition when they play as well as we did yesterday. Let's enjoy SJM for as long as we can and I hope he ends up playing in England on a cracking deal. As Lenny said after the game, looks like his £5m valuation was well short!

What team is the exception as I reckon both the full fats and the diets are both as deluded and twisted and give nobody else credit

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Couldnt really careless what other teams fans thought of us. We are Hibs we rule supreme (regardless of how many cups we've won or not won or how large our fanbase is or any other berty big bollux rubbish).

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Couldnt really careless what other teams fans thought of us. We are Hibs we rule supreme (regardless of how many cups we've won or not won or how large our fanbase is or any other berty big bollux rubbish).

Hearing you loud and clear and liking your style

Johnny Clash
01-10-2017, 09:29 PM
What team is the exception as I reckon both the full fats and the diets are both as deluded and twisted and give nobody else credit

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You could be right there bud. In terms of cheeks - those two definitely are on the same arse - ones just a bit bigger!

hibby6270
01-10-2017, 10:11 PM

:top marks