PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gordon

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 07:07 PM
He's done nothing all season. Error and calamity city.

Then he pulls off that. My God.

That's how close Hibs were to three points.

Let's put the Dons in their place

rotherhamrob
30-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Is it just me or are other teams keepers continually having good games against us?
I can't wait till one of them has a mare.

Joe6-2
30-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Is it just me or are other teams keepers continually having good games against us?

I have a feeling I know who that's going to be! 😉

SirDavidsNapper
30-09-2017, 07:16 PM

We will give someone a doing sooner rather than later

Onceinawhile
30-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Whittaker should really have scored, but all the same a ridiculous save.

MWHIBBIES
30-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Almost as good as the save he made from Jones' header all those years ago. Guys is a quality keeper, always has been.

Bobby's Cinema
30-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Almost as good as the save he made from Jones' header all those years ago. Guys is a quality keeper, always has been.

That save was a joke still remember it.

hibsbollah
30-09-2017, 07:28 PM
That save was a joke still remember it.

Me too. Spotty bar steward.

Hibernia&Alba
Magnificent save, fair's fair.

B.H.F.C

That save was at 1-1. So I don't think it had that big an effect on the result.

Glory Lurker
30-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Would have been nice if he'd applied a fraction of that effort in the game against England.

Scottie
30-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Would have been nice if he'd applied a fraction of that effort in the game against England.
:agree: He's got the heart the size of a flea when it comes to coming out for crosses.

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Sorry but as much as it was a good save if Whitty had smashed that it’s in. He’s thought he’s scored and tapped it! But to get across Gordon has done well. I’m not having a go at Whitty btw, more that the save wasn’t as good as what folk were saying.

The one in the derby from Jones was world class and miles better!

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 07:37 PM
That save was at 1-1. So I don't think it had that big an effect on the result.

Well it would have been 2-1?

Duh

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Sorry but as much as it was a good save if Whitty had smashed that it’s in. He’s thought he’s scored and tapped it! But to get across Gordon has done well. I’m not having a go at Whitty btw, more that the save wasn’t as good as what folk were saying.

I agree.

More annoyed we didn't score to be honest.

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 07:39 PM

The ball came to Whittaker at a height that stopped him smashing it in. As much as I hate giving that hearts ******* any credit, it was a spectacular stop mate.

B.H.F.C
30-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Well it would have been 2-1?

Duh

Did we not go 2-1 up after it? With less time to play. And still no win?

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Aye but we scored anaw.

That makes three goals.

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Aye but we scored anaw.

That makes three goals.

It doesn'y really go like that tho does it?

B.H.F.C
30-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Aye but we scored anaw.

That makes three goals.

Aye but if Whittaker scores then the pattern of the game is totally different and we don't know if the 'third' would or wouldn't have happened.

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 08:06 PM
But you're saying it didn't have a big effect on the game.

It did.

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2017, 08:06 PM

It did.

Did it tho?

B.H.F.C
30-09-2017, 08:07 PM

It did.

How?

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Are the two above me sitting beside each other with their laptops on ?

Uncanny

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 08:10 PM
No one knows how it would have panned out. Could have kicked on and won 3-1 or 3-2 or got beat. Pointless debate!

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2017, 08:12 PM
No one knows how it would have panned out. Could have kicked on and won 3-1 or 3-2 or got beat. Pointless debate!

Correct

B.H.F.C
30-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Uncanny

Still no answered the question though? How did it change the game?

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Uncanny

Mobiles

In the back of a taxi heading home from the game

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Ha.

Thought so.

B.H.F.C
30-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Ha.

Thought so.

Still no answer to the question?

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Ha.

Thought so.

No you didn't

You thought we were on laptops

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Still no answer to the question?

I'll wait until you see your buddy home

Mind and give him a wee peck on the cheek so he feels safe.

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 08:17 PM
No you didn't

You thought we were on laptops

Sorry.

I forgot those from the East are stuck in the dark ages

B.H.F.C
30-09-2017, 08:19 PM
I'll wait until you see your buddy home

Mind and give him a wee peck on the cheek so he feels safe.

Great post that.

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Sorry.

I forgot those from the East are stuck in the dark ages

You're no called "cleanyman" coming from the west surely??

BS44
30-09-2017, 08:22 PM
So was McGinn's second a smashing goal or did Gordon mess up?

Diclonius
30-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Rodgers should just get a hypnotherapist on the Celtic staff who can convince Gordon he's playing against Hibs every game.

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 08:23 PM
So was McGinn's second a smashing goal or did Gordon mess up?

Great finish, Gordon prob should do better though.

BS44
30-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Great finish, Gordon prob should do better though.

Was at the game and it's a difficult angle to see exactly what happened but the shot seemed to go over Gordon rather than to the side

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Was at the game and it's a difficult angle to see exactly what happened but the shot seemed to go over Gordon rather than to the side

Just watched it again on the highlights thread, think it’s just the power that’s beat him. Great strike to be honest, both McGinns goals were great.

Deansy
30-09-2017, 08:50 PM
We will give someone a doing sooner rather than later

Agreed - the game on 24th October 2017 would do for me.

Broken Gnome
30-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Was he not just mid-dive trying to cover the first header, and Whittaker just happened to smash it where his hands were ending up anyway?

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Was he not just mid-dive trying to cover the first header, and Whittaker just happened to smash it where his hands were ending up anyway?

Yes, that's how I saw it, but the hearts ******* was in the right place at the right time. There's no doubt in my mind that he's a ****

JimBHibees
30-09-2017, 09:40 PM

Indeed sold both in that game. Thought Whitty should have scored.

MKHIBEE
01-10-2017, 07:18 AM

Uncanny

That had me laughing, very funny

Borderhibbie76
01-10-2017, 07:53 AM
I have a feeling I know who that's going to be! [emoji6]And both their keepers are pretty humpty [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
01-10-2017, 09:01 AM

Guy's a welt. Has been since the Shiels penalty and always will be for me. In this case, his momentum and flapping arms were in the right place at the wrong time for us.

snooky
02-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Guy's a welt. Has been since the Shiels penalty and always will be for me. In this case, his momentum and flapping arms were in the right place at the wrong time for us.

He just covered all the right spots - ironically. :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
02-10-2017, 02:29 PM
This thread is class.

Craig Gordon pull off a world class bit of goalkeeping and people are talking it down as if it was lucky or just a bit fortunate.

Ask yourself what you would have said had it been Laidlaw who had done it at the other end!

Thecat23
02-10-2017, 02:44 PM
This thread is class.

Craig Gordon pull off a world class bit of goalkeeping and people are talking it down as if it was lucky or just a bit fortunate.

Ask yourself what you would have said had it been Laidlaw who had done it at the other end!

I’d personally have said the same. Again It’s also a bad miss. Whitty was great on sat but he puts his foot through it it’s in. He’s hit it with the inside of his foot and Gordon’s thrown himself and got there in time.

Again good save, not world class no where near it imo. Jones at ER was world class so was his save at Sunderland.

Hibee87
02-10-2017, 03:10 PM
This thread is class.

Its a great save, dont get me wrong, but he is on his way down as soon as stokes goes for it. If you watch the reply he is basically in the position to save it before whitty hits the ball, and whitty hits it straight at him. Still a good save but i think its one of those that happen so fast I dont think even gordon knew too much about it. In the right place at the right time springs to mind

My_Wife_Camille
02-10-2017, 03:18 PM
I’d personally have said the same. Again It’s also a bad miss. Whitty was great on sat but he puts his foot through it it’s in. He’s hit it with the inside of his foot and Gordon’s thrown himself and got there in time.

Again good save, not world class no where near it imo. Jones at ER was world class so was his save at Sunderland.
I have to accept what you say as there's no way to prove otherwise but you just need to look at the Ross County thread to see where I'm coming from. Laidlaw made a few routine saves in that game that people were describing as 'excellent' and 'outstanding' etc.

Also people saying that Laidlaw had no chance with the second Celtic goal. If Laidlaw had no chance when the ball was hit very close to him from 18 years with a number of players between him and then all then what chance did Gordon have from 1 yard out, complete opposite side of the goal and no defence to help out?

Now I don't think Laidlaw was anywhere near being to blame for the goal and it was a very difficult one to save but Im just using it to compare against Whittakers chance, which was a much harder one to keep out, to show how well Gordon did. I don't think you'll see a save as good as that all season.

My_Wife_Camille
02-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Its a great save, dont get me wrong, but he is on his way down as soon as stokes goes for it. If you watch the reply he is basically in the position to save it before whitty hits the ball, and whitty hits it straight at him. Still a good save but i think its one of those that happen so fast I dont think even gordon knew too much about it. In the right place at the right time springs to mind
Depends how you look at it. Your description of events are right but you obviously evaluate it a bit differently.

For me it wasnt coincidence that Gordon was in the right place at the right time. It was a top class goalkeeper doing what he does best. He reacted to the situation instantly after Stokes got the touch and got in ahead of Whittaker. I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

The_Sauz
03-10-2017, 05:23 AM
Depends how you look at it. Your description of events are right but you obviously evaluate it a bit differently.

For me it wasnt coincidence that Gordon was in the right place at the right time. It was a top class goalkeeper doing what he does best. He reacted to the situation instantly after Stokes got the touch and got in ahead of Whittaker. I think he knew exactly what he was doing.
Sorry but Craig Gordon is anything but Top Class! Good goalkeeper...yes, but that's about is good is he get's. :agree: