PDA

View Full Version : £27 Restricted View seats

Carheenlea
30-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Delighted to have been there today and enjoyed it a lot, but there is no escaping the fact that Celtic shouldn't be charging £27 for restricted view seats in what otherwise is a magnificent stadium. Might not look too bad from the picture, and obviously had a prime view of both Hibs goals, but we missed Boyle's chance in first half and a few other incidents during game. You wouldn't expect to go to the cinema and have a chunk of the screen obscured for a couple of quid less than full price tickets, so why is this acceptable in football. This is at most, a £10 seat.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lxxt36.jpg

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Ibrox is superior

Sir David Gray
30-09-2017, 06:57 PM
It's a disgrace that they're allowed to sell these seats at such a price.

Bishop Hibee
30-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Worst away seats in the top league.

Mr White
30-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Do they have equivalent seats at the other end of the main stand? Presumably they have to sell them at the same price and they must be the last seats to sell out in the home end if so.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2017, 07:04 PM
My restricted view seat suffered only from those that insisted on standing in the walkway (or on the handrail), restricting the view of everyone immediately behind them. Stewarding and policing at Celtic Park is nothing as severe as it once was.

LaMotta
30-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Do they have equivalent seats at the other end of the main stand? Presumably they have to sell them at the same price and they must be the last seats to sell out in the home end if so.

:agree: yes and in the section next to the away fans. same price.

Vini1875
30-09-2017, 09:34 PM
:agree: yes and in the section next to the away fans. same price.

I was in the section next to the Hibs fans - couldn't get one among the Hibs fans - and the view is slightly better since the pillar is only covering the corner on the main stand side.

kaimendhibs
30-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Stewards much more lenient. Previously got huckled for standing or celebrating a goal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Silversand
30-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Great result. Crap view.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

brianmc
30-09-2017, 09:57 PM
It's a disgrace that they're allowed to sell these seats at all.
I was last there for their game against Barça (Tony Watt etc etc).
The pillar restricted my view to one complete 18yrd box and most of the other one - with the middle of the park completely obscured..... From memory they charged £45 for the restricted view that night 5 years ago!

Edit: I've just looked back through my photos of that night and it appears I've exaggerated how much of the pitch was obscured.
It was "only" from the edge of the box to the half way line - the other half was visible.....

18Hibee75
30-09-2017, 11:24 PM
To be fair, I had a restricted view seat and only missed a bit of the middle of the park. Think it's just luck where you sit but in a 60,000 seater stadium you shouldnt be able to sell restricted view seats

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Steve-O
01-10-2017, 01:58 AM
Crap view. Been pretty much where the OP was sitting a couple of times. Looks like the seats a few rows down might not even be able to see the goal?

I suppose in years gone by pillars were commonplace- in our very own East Stand for example! Probably still about half the size of that thing at Parkheid though.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:18 AM
At some point they will need to redevelop the main stand. There shouldn't be any pillars in the way at a stadium like that. That brick façade is hideous too; knock it down and sort it.

Keith_M
01-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Crap view. Been pretty much where the OP was sitting a couple of times. Looks like the seats a few rows down might not even be able to see the goal?

I suppose in years gone by pillars were commonplace- in our very own East Stand for example! Probably still about half the size of that thing at Parkheid though.

I think pillars in the older stands, like at ER, were only a fraction of the width of the roof supports at Celtc Park.

When they orginally built that stand, and the roof supports, they didn't worry about restricting the view as there were no seats or terrace directly to the side. During the late 90s Celtc Park rebuild, they really shouldn't have been allowed to build a section on either side with the same roof supports still in place.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Ibrox is superior

Ibrox is a dump; they have no money for maintenance.

GlesgaeHibby
01-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Delighted to have been there today and enjoyed it a lot, but there is no escaping the fact that Celtic shouldn't be charging £27 for restricted view seats in what otherwise is a magnificent stadium. Might not look too bad from the picture, and obviously had a prime view of both Hibs goals, but we missed Boyle's chance in first half and a few other incidents during game. You wouldn't expect to go to the cinema and have a chunk of the screen obscured for a couple of quid less than full price tickets, so why is this acceptable in football. This is at most, a £10 seat.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lxxt36.jpg

Hibs charged the same price to sit in the old East stand where the pillars obstructed the view - was frustrating at times but still loved the old east.

greenlex
01-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Hibs charged the same price to sit in the old East stand where the pillars obstructed the view - was frustrating at times but still loved the old east.
You were closer to the pitch so saw more as the pillar didn't restrict so much.

Sylar
01-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Ibrox is a dump; they have no money for maintenance.

The problem with Ibrox isn't the seats or view to the pitch (as that's perfectly fine) - it's the situation with Rangers fans on both sides, some of whom are above you. Rangers fans were moaning after the last OF game that they should give Celtc the same allocation that clubs like us get when we go to Ibrox - can you imagine the carnage if a small band of Celtc fans were put into that corner? It would rain from start to finish!

I detest both stadiums in Glasgow, but I've only ever been to Parkhead once, and I'll never go back. The overpriced, crap view being a key reason. You go to the theatre and get a restricted view, you get a discounted ticket, but not at their midden.

The Leith Dutch
01-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Genuine question - assume we had similar seats at ER and there are no factors that stop you selling to either home or away support -

Would you:
a) Sell them to Hibs fans cheap
b) Sell them to Celtic at a reduced price
c) Sell them to Celtic fans at a steep price