So glad this man is Hibs manager, and will be for years to come. :hibees

:top marks

Jamesie
30-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Can’t disagree with that!

WhileTheChief..
30-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Absolutely.

By far my favourite ever Hibs manager. Fills me with confidence that this is only just the beginning of some tremendous times.

We'll get stronger the longer he's with us. Loving it.

DarlingtonHibee
30-09-2017, 08:33 PM
The most important thing is he seems happy and content with the job. Has brought a lot of steel to the team.

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 08:36 PM
We have a manager who has that winning mentality installed in them. Some are born with it and he’s one. I think he could take us that step up that others couldn’t. Next season Hibs will want second without a doubt.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2017, 08:40 PM
They better be wanting at least second this season.

houstonhibbee
30-09-2017, 08:44 PM
We have a manager who has that winning mentality installed in them. Some are born with it and he’s one. I think he could take us that step up that others couldn’t. Next season Hibs will want second without a doubt.
if we can get into europe and start winning a few games in Europe I think our season ticket sales will keep going up. Maybe time to get some feasibility studies done on them corners.....:agree:

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 08:50 PM
They better be wanting at least second this season.

Agree, I think Lennon will want it but not sure it’s a step to far to soon. Maybe not though if we can avoid stupid defeats like the Hamilton game then no reason we can’t be in the mix for second.

heretoday
30-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Waheyyy! Lenny!

He's better looking than Rodgers too. He's a creepy-looking c***.

Billy McKirdy
30-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Don’t know if anyone listened to his pre match interview on the BBC but he did allude to possibly returning to manage Celtic again one day, he’s here for as long as he’s here,and I’m looking no further beyond each transfer window, we should enjoy his tenure as much as possible

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Absolutely.

By far my favourite ever Hibs manager. Fills me with confidence that this is only just the beginning of some tremendous times.

We'll get stronger the longer he's with us. Loving it.

Spot on.

I got a text fi a jambo mate today saying "Hibs are good in the big games, that's annoying"

They ****ing hate that and know fine well the chickens have come home to roost.

2014 did see Hibernian Reborn and I love it. Never felt such a connection and togetherness to the club

AlbertK86
30-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Don’t know if anyone listened to his pre match interview on the BBC but he did allude to possibly returning to manage Celtic again one day, he’s here for as long as he’s here,and I’m looking no further beyond each transfer window, we should enjoy his tenure as much as possible

Yeh I heard that as well.

Suppose if they come calling when Rogers leaves it would be hard to turn down.

The level they compete at regularly and size of the club would be hard to turn down

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jacomo
30-09-2017, 09:24 PM

He's said similar before. Not surprising.

Vini1875
30-09-2017, 09:27 PM
The good about Rodgers celtc and Lennie, is that Rodgers will want to get 10 titles and very few clubs bigger than Liverpool will want to take a chance on him after he spent £250M on Liverpool to make them ordinary. The clubs smaller than Liverpool in England won't be paying much more than celtc, so prestige and not money will be the lure. Our main issue might be if he does well in Europe that a big European club might be tempted to take a punt. So if Rodgers stays at celtc then Lennie could stay at Hibs for a couple of settled years, unless we win the league and then all bets are off.

For the time being he'll do for me.

The Harp Awakes
30-09-2017, 09:54 PM
He could be our Alex Ferguson. He gets Hibs. You can tell by his passion for us.

neil7908
30-09-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm delighted within him in charge, this was a fantastic result but he needs to get the players delivering performances like that every week.

I think we're getting there and have no doubt he's the man to take us forward.

We are however sitting in 6th place at the moment with a couple of tough games coming up.

hibees 7062
30-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Spot on.

I got a text fi a jambo mate today saying "Hibs are good in the big games, that's annoying"

They ****ing hate that and know fine well the chickens have come home to roost.

2014 did see Hibernian Reborn and I love it. Never felt such a connection and togetherness to the club

:agree:

wookie70
01-10-2017, 12:00 AM
Doing ok for me. Poor home form, inconsistent and mid table with 2 teams above us who have nowhere near our budget. Talk of Ru s in Europe are very premature butthere are some signs of improvement mostly because we have a more settled defense imo.

houstonhibbee
01-10-2017, 12:23 AM
I'm delighted within him in charge, this was a fantastic result but he needs to get the players delivering performances like that every week.

We are however sitting in 6th place at the moment with a couple of tough games coming up.
We are well clear in 6th and only one point off third

neil7908
01-10-2017, 12:34 AM
We are well clear in 6th and only one point off third

Absolutely but we're playing Aberdeen and Hearts next.

I'm not too concerned about facing Potter but it's a derby and anything can happen.

Aberdeen will be a real test and pure home form isn't great.

We need to start showing consistency and beating teams like Dundee, St Johnstone and Motherwell.

Firestarter
01-10-2017, 12:58 AM
I still can't see the love and would swap Stubbs back in an instant.

basehibby
01-10-2017, 01:29 AM

Come on man - Stubbsy left us for pastures new - Lennon now holds the Golden Chalice of Hibernian management :greengrin and has brought no little skill and determination to the task so far in securing promotion and setting us up as an SPL team again. He's picked up the good work that Stubbs did and taken it forward. Hibs is a tough job in management - big city club pressure and all that with small time SPL budgets - has seen many try and fail. Lenny has taken about the task of managing Hibs with gusto though and seems to be really enjoying it - his results have been good and he's developing a winning style - every reason for the love in :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HoboHarry
01-10-2017, 03:16 AM
Ever get tired of trolling?

Borderhibbie76
01-10-2017, 06:55 AM

We are however sitting in 6th place at the moment with a couple of tough games coming up.We r also a point off 3rd

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
01-10-2017, 07:02 AM

Lennon has us where we are. Stubbs is a legend for the cup win but badly failed in the league when it mattered. Time to move on and try to support the new guy in charge.

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2017, 07:10 AM
Lennon has us where we are. Stubbs is a legend for the cup win but badly failed in the league when it mattered. Time to move on and try to support the new guy in charge.

Badly failed is a massive exaggeration. Lennons championship team wouldnt have got promoted ahead of Hearts or Rangers either.

Firestarter
Come on man - Stubbsy left us for pastures new - Lennon now holds the Golden Chalice of Hibernian management :greengrin and has brought no little skill and determination to the task so far in securing promotion and setting us up as an SPL team again. He's picked up the good work that Stubbs did and taken it forward. Hibs is a tough job in management - big city club pressure and all that with small time SPL budgets - has seen many try and fail. Lenny has taken about the task of managing Hibs with gusto though and seems to be really enjoying it - his results have been good and he's developing a winning style - every reason for the love in :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The thing is I can actually see where you are coming from and there's no doubt Stubbs would have been exactly the same at Celtic Park with the reception yesterday but I just can't let go of Stubbs. It's a mental thing.

Firestarter
Ever get tired of trolling?

Gives a few instances then columbo

Firestarter
01-10-2017, 07:12 AM

He didn't badly fail. He had the hardest job out both managers and delivered the Scottish cup. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Keith_M
01-10-2017, 07:22 AM

If Stubbs hadn't left when he did, he would have overseen promotion last season. I have nothing against Lennon but I think a Hibs side with Stubbs in charge would be doing well in the top league.

Johnny Clash
01-10-2017, 07:33 AM
The thing is I can actually see where you are coming from and there's no doubt Stubbs would have been exactly the same at Celtic Park with the reception yesterday but I just can't let go of Stubbs. It's a mental thing.

It does sound a bit mental mate!

Johnny Clash
01-10-2017, 07:42 AM
If Stubbs hadn't left when he did, he would have overseen promotion last season. I have nothing against Lennon but I think a Hibs side with Stubbs in charge would be doing well in the top league.

One of my best mates lives in Rotherham and has supported 'The Millers' all his life. Sadly, he also supports Celtc so I assumed he'd be delighted when news broke that Stubbs was heading to the glitzy metropolis that we know as Rotherham! But I mind him saying at the time it was a big mistake and Stubbsy should stay at Hibs for at least one more season! All managers make some poor decisions but surely THAT howler will go down as Stubbsy's worst decision of all time!

Lenny can also make poor decisions but he's head and shoulders better for us than Stubbsy.

hibsitis
01-10-2017, 09:38 AM

With his budget, he'd probably be doing ok but, legend though he is, his management ability is severely limited which is why we finished behind Falkirk in his last season and why he lasted no time in his next role.

pacoluna
01-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Badly failed is a massive exaggeration. Lennons championship team wouldnt have got promoted ahead of Hearts or Rangers either.

Lennon team didn't play against Dross like alloa and Cowdenbeath.

yonder1875
01-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Lennon team didn't play against Dross like alloa and Cowdenbeath.

Stubbs laid the foundations for Lennon with the squad he inherited but Lennon has taken us up a level. I don't think players like Stokes would have signed for us if it wasn't for Lennon.

pacoluna
01-10-2017, 10:05 AM

If pat fenlon had never left we would never have been in the championship you could say the same for mixu and yogi. It's all ifs and buts. Their is no guaranteeing Stubbs would have got us promoted he failed twice and came behind Falkirk.

aljo7-0
01-10-2017, 10:08 AM
We r also a point off 3rd

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:agree: yup we were in third place until they equalised. its all pretty tight 3rd - 6th but if we can play like that more consistently I can see us being third or even second. Would be great if we can beat the Dons

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Its so far so good with Neil Lennon. He did what he was hired to do and got us promoted, even if it was unspectacular who cares, promotion was all that mattered. I would say that compared to Stubbs there was possibly more pressure on Lennon, unlike Stubbs he had managerial experience at a top level and was in a league minus Hearts and Sevco.
Lennon isn't stupid and he would have been well aware that failure would have been a disaster, with the feelgood factor and huge increase in crowds since the cup win all likely to collapse like a house of cards if he failed, it cant be overstated what a massive season in the whole history of this club 16/17 was, fail and the future would have been bleak, succeed and all we have to do is look at a derby sell out weeks in advance and talk of 20,000 for the Aberdeen game to see what success means.

We have made a more than decent start to the season, with the Hamilton result being the only real fly in the ointment. The Celtic game was always going to be the one the possibilities for this team would be judged on and as it turned out we came through it with flying colours .. yes we got a bit of a break with Brown and Armstrong both out for them, but that didn't mean we 'took our chance' with a plucky backs to the wall performance, we took the game to them and for good periods of the match outplayed them at Celtic Park ..... no other Scottish club has managed that in the last 18 months.

I would say this ...... Its almost become a standard response from a lot of folk to say how poor Scottish football is without stopping to consider how accurate that statement is. No it isn't up there with the so called top leagues and many of the mid sized ones, but IMO the premiership is a tougher league than it has been for a number of years and it is improving, when you look at the fixtures every week there aren't that many where you could put your mortgage on the result.

In that context we have made a good start, all we need to do now is find that consistency we slightly lack, as Neil Lennon said yesterday its no good getting super results at Ibrox and Parkhead and then following it up with a poor home performance as we did against Hamilton ... I think we have the manager to do that ...... so far so good :aok:

houstonhibbee
01-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Its so far so good with Neil Lennon. He did what he was hired to do and got us promoted, even if it was unspectacular who cares, promotion was all that mattered. I would say that compared to Stubbs there was possibly more pressure on Lennon, unlike Stubbs he had managerial experience at a top level and was in a league minus Hearts and Sevco.
Lennon isn't stupid and he would have been well aware that failure would have been a disaster, with the feelgood factor and huge increase in crowds since the cup win all likely to collapse like a house of cards if he failed, it cant be overstated what a massive season in the whole history of this club 16/17 was, fail and the future would have been bleak, succeed and all we have to do is look at a derby sell out weeks in advance and talk of 20,000 for the Aberdeen game to see what success means.

We have made a more than decent start to the season, with the Hamilton result being the only real fly in the ointment. The Celtic game was always going to be the one the possibilities for this team would be judged on and as it turned out we came through it with flying colours .. yes we got a bit of a break with Brown and Armstrong both out for them, but that didn't mean we 'took our chance' with a plucky backs to the wall performance, we took the game to them and for good periods of the match outplayed them at Celtic Park ..... no other Scottish club has managed that in the last 18 months.

I would say this ...... Its almost become a standard response from a lot of folk to say how poor Scottish football is without stopping to consider how accurate that statement is. No it isn't up there with the so called top leagues and many of the mid sized ones, but IMO the premiership is a tougher league than it has been for a number of years and it is improving, when you look at the fixtures every week there aren't that many where you could put your mortgage on the result.

In that context we have made a good start, all we need to do now is find that consistency we slightly lack, as Neil Lennon said yesterday its no good getting super results at Ibrox and Parkhead and then following it up with a poor home performance as we did against Hamilton ... I think we have the manager to do that ...... so far so good :aok:
Very balanced view

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Lennon has added steel and a winning mentality to the dressing room that we could argue was a little lacking under Stubbsy. We still have our moments of course but I'd view Stubbsy to Lennon as a natural progression.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Oh what a difference a few weeks make. A few have changed their tune on here. Was it not that long ago there was talk of Lennon out or words to that effect?

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Oh what a difference a few weeks make. A few have changed their tune on here. Was it not that long ago there was talk of Lennon out or words to that effect?

Fitba fans are fickle .... who knew? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 12:17 PM
Fitba fans are fickle .... who knew? :greengrin

:tee hee: :agree:

Heisenberg
01-10-2017, 12:24 PM

But he managed to win it and get us finished above Falkirk unlike Stubbs. Would Lennons team have failed to beat them in the playoffs like Stubbs did? Who knows. Would Lennons team have won the cup? Who knows. Stubbs was a failure in the league for us but he delivered probably the best day of our Hibs supporting lives. From that view I understand why some pine for him back. Going by their records there’s only one man I’d currently want in charge of Hibs. Wish Lennon would get the backing he deserves from some of our fans.

Firestarter
01-10-2017, 01:01 PM
It does sound a bit mental mate!

Ken. I can't even argue that.

01-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Stubbs laid the foundations for Lennon with the squad he inherited but Lennon has taken us up a level. I don't think players like Stokes would have signed for us if it wasn't for Lennon.

Totally agree with this.

Weststandwanab
01-10-2017, 01:25 PM
So glad this man is Hibs manager, and will be for years to come. :hibees

He will be here until either Brendon Rogers gets poached or Brendan Rogers gets sacked.

Lago
01-10-2017, 01:29 PM
The good about Rodgers celtc and Lennie, is that Rodgers will want to get 10 titles and very few clubs bigger than Liverpool will want to take a chance on him after he spent £250M on Liverpool to make them ordinary. The clubs smaller than Liverpool in England won't be paying much more than celtc, so prestige and not money will be the lure. Our main issue might be if he does well in Europe that a big European club might be tempted to take a punt. So if Rodgers stays at celtc then Lennie could stay at Hibs for a couple of settled years, unless we win the league and then all bets are off.

For the time being he'll do for me.
Not that ordinary, only a slip away from the league title.

Lago
01-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Correct!!

CathroMustStay
24-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Born winner.

Jamboskelper.

Neil Francis Lennon. :flag: