PDA

View Full Version : Yams Eternal Optimists

thebakerboy
30-09-2017, 05:55 PM
JKB Meltdown II‏ @JKBMeltdownII (https://twitter.com/JKBMeltdownII) 29m29 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JKBMeltdownII/status/914178644699959296)More

"Didn't fancy us today pre match but we were robbed. Nonetheless confident we will finish 2nd.

You have to feel for them totally unbelievable.:lolyam:

30-09-2017, 05:57 PM
To be fair, there’s no context to that post. He could be a hibs fan posting as a hibs fan on Kickback and it would be a pretty sensible point.

Hi Heid Yin
30-09-2017, 06:06 PM
JKB Meltdown II‏ @JKBMeltdownII (https://twitter.com/JKBMeltdownII) 29m29 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JKBMeltdownII/status/914178644699959296)More

"Didn't fancy us today pre match but we were robbed. Nonetheless confident we will finish 2nd.

You have to feel for them totally unbelievable.:lolyam:

I'm sure that most Jambos would feel embarrassed by this kind of talk and would likely tell the deluded individual to "drink yer pint and stop talking nonsense!"

SanFranHibs
30-09-2017, 06:14 PM
To be fair, there’s no context to that post. He could be a hibs fan posting as a hibs fan on Kickback and it would be a pretty sensible point.

If you don't 'fancy' your team chances against a team, not only in the bottom half, but lower than your own team, I can't see how you would feel confident of finishing second in that division.

hibees 7062
30-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Hibs are *****. They'll need to be very ******* lucky to survive us" :greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Hearts are pish and I cannot wait to play them in a few weeks.

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Hearts are pish and I cannot wait to play them in a few weeks.

This 100%. They won’t beat us we are by far a better side.

danhibees1875
30-09-2017, 07:05 PM
I thought the jkb meltdown Twitter was Hibs fans having a laugh (clue is in the name) - which that post would appear to be.

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 07:08 PM
I'm sure that most Jambos would feel embarrassed by this kind of talk and would likely tell the deluded individual to "drink yer pint and stop talking nonsense!"
I can certainly say that most of them wouldn't know the meaning of embarrassment. That absolute shower of ***** have absolutely no shame. Things that make normal people cringe are embraced as visionary with that lot.

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 07:10 PM
I thought the jkb meltdown Twitter was Hibs fans having a laugh (clue is in the name) - which that post would appear to be.
It is a hibs fan posting gems from loadsofpointsback.

danhibees1875
30-09-2017, 07:11 PM
It is a hibs fan posting gems from loadsofpointsback.

Thanks for clarifying - amazed they could consider themselves contenders for 2nd at the moment.

Jack Hackett
30-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Thanks for clarifying - amazed they could consider themselves contenders for 2nd at the moment.

Why would you be amazed? These are the same mugs who were declaring themselves 'The only credible challenge to Celtic' last season... and they actually beLIEved Vlad would build them a supermegahotelconferencestand... as well as winning them the Champions League. A list of what they consider themselves to be would give you writers cramp.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-09-2017, 08:02 PM
They finished second in a two horse race today. Maybe that's what they meant?

30-09-2017, 10:28 PM
If you don't 'fancy' your team chances against a team, not only in the bottom half, but lower than your own team, I can't see how you would feel confident of finishing second in that division.

I meant he could be a Hibs fan talking about Hibs vs Celtic.

calumhibee1
30-09-2017, 10:35 PM
This 100%. They won’t beat us we are by far a better side.

And we have a team of players who ‘get it’. A team of players who love nothing more than winning the big games for our club. Well give them a doing in a few weeks.

Hi Heid Yin
30-09-2017, 10:42 PM
I can certainly say that most of them wouldn't know the meaning of embarrassment. That absolute shower of ***** have absolutely no shame. Things that make normal people cringe are embraced as visionary with that lot.

Good point:wink:

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 10:45 PM
And we have a team of players who ‘get it’. A team of players who love nothing more than winning the big games for our club. Well give them a doing in a few weeks.

Couldn’t agree more 👍🏼

WhileTheChief..
30-09-2017, 11:24 PM
It'll be next season until they play a game at Tiny in the top half of the league.

Aldo
01-10-2017, 08:39 AM

We also have a manager who won't let standards slip. That plays a massive part in it all IMHO

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Remember that time when we were mocked for battering a "rank rotten" Dundee and only getting a draw?....

SanFranHibs
01-10-2017, 01:06 PM
I meant he could be a Hibs fan talking about Hibs vs Celtic.

That makes much more sense :agree:

Except.....if someone would just take control of our defence we could have been top of the league. The 4 draws we have had we were definitely 'better' (loosely applied) against St Johnstone and Dundee, blew a 2 - 0 second half lead against Motherwell and might have won yesterdays game.

But am I now being Yammish in my analysis? We all know it is the Yams who put anal into analysis.

But seriously, although all the goals we have conceded are not from aerial balls into our box, I wish we would at least challenge for them. I have yet to see us even challenge for one, except maybe at their second goal yesterday which then only fell for McGregor. More Yammish anal-ysis.

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Why would you be amazed? These are the same mugs who were declaring themselves 'The only credible challenge to Celtic' last season... and they actually beLIEved Vlad would build them a supermegahotelconferencestand... as well as winning them the Champions League. A list of what they consider themselves to be would give you writers cramp.

Not half :greengrin

"The famous" ............ who to? ...... certainly not the wider football public who barely give them a mention compared to us, unless of course its their WW1 team, but surely fame for a football club comes through achievement and innovation in the game, like trailblazing in Europe or being the first British club to beat Real Madrid, or the first Scottish club to beat Barcelona .... not a period in their history that could easily have been replicated by a biscuit factory or Jenners in Princess street.

"Edinburgh's team" .... Based on what? .... the 150,000 folk who turned out to watch Hibs parade the cup?

"The big team" ...... As opposed to being the last Edinburgh team to win the League cup or the Scottish cup, that's some boast.

"The establishment club" ...... That's the one I would actually give them, but its just another reason why Hibs are a cooler club to support than they are, who the hell boasts about being part of the establishment.

"The most atmospheric ground in Scotland" ...... The accidental design has the potential to make it that, but not when you fill it with football's answer to a Marcel Marceau impersonators convention .... its like giving Mr Magoo a Ferrari.

The worst thing about their delusion is that they really think they are something special in the football firmament and that manifests itself in an obnoxious attitude to other clubs, not just us, where they think they have a right to look down their noses, incredibly an attitude still prevalent even though that arrogance nearly brought their club to ruin.
What they are is the third best supported club in a backwater league with an unremarkable stadium and trophy cabinet that belies their claims of big club status with 10 major honours since WWII .... 2 league wins ( the last 57 years ago ) 4 Scottish cup wins and 4 League cup wins ( the last 55 years ago )

In that same period Hibs ( arguably Scotland's 5th best supported club ) have won 7 major honours .... which means since WWII 'big team' Hearts win a major honour once every 7 years or so and 'wee team' Hibs win a major honour once every 10 years or so ...... Hardly a record that justifies any form of arrogance from either club I would suggest .... thankfully only one club doesn't recognize that fact.

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Not half :greengrin

"The famous" ............ who to? ...... certainly not the wider football public who barely give them a mention compared to us, unless of course its their WW1 team, but surely fame for a football club comes through achievement and innovation in the game, like trailblazing in Europe or being the first British club to beat Real Madrid, or the first Scottish club to beat Barcelona .... not a period in their history that could easily have been replicated by a biscuit factory or Jenners in Princess street.

"Edinburgh's team" .... Based on what? .... the 150,000 folk who turned out to watch Hibs parade the cup?

"The big team" ...... As opposed to being the last Edinburgh team to win the League cup or the Scottish cup, that's some boast.

"The establishment club" ...... That's the one I would actually give them, but its just another reason why Hibs are a cooler club to support than they are, who the hell boasts about being part of the establishment.

"The most atmospheric ground in Scotland" ...... The accidental design has the potential to make it that, but not when you fill it with football's answer to a Marcel Marceau impersonators convention .... its like giving Mr Magoo a Ferrari.

The worst thing about their delusion is that they really think they are something special in the football firmament and that manifests itself in an obnoxious attitude to other clubs, not just us, where they think they have a right to look down their noses, incredibly an attitude still prevalent even though that arrogance nearly brought their club to ruin.
What they are is the third best supported club in a backwater league with an unremarkable stadium and trophy cabinet that belies their claims of big club status with 10 major honours since WWII .... 2 league wins ( the last 57 years ago ) 4 Scottish cup wins and 4 League cup wins ( the last 55 years ago )

In that same period Hibs ( arguably Scotland's 5th best supported club ) have won 7 major honours .... which means since WWII 'big team' Hearts win a major honour once every 7 years or so and 'wee team' Hibs win a major honour once every 10 years or so ...... Hardly a record that justifies any form of arrogance from either club I would suggest .... thankfully only one club doesn't recognize that fact.

Sorry..arguably 5th best supported club? Who's 4th?

IlDiavola
01-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Aye, Hertz will finish 2nd right enough :faf:

Iain G
01-10-2017, 04:41 PM

Maybe they mean they will always be runners up regardless of what it is? 😉

IlDiavola
01-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Maybe they mean they will always be runners up regardless of what it is? 😉

:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Sorry..arguably 5th best supported club? Who's 4th?

Aberdeen? I would say Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are much of a muchness and it's hard to discern which club has the biggest support. Aberdeen have the advantage of being a one team city.

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Aberdeen? I would say Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are much of a muchness and it's hard to discern which club has the biggest support. Aberdeen have the advantage of being a one team city.Aberdeen have a good travelling support but their home support is abysmal. If Hibs or Hearts were consistently 2nd best team in the country there'd be calls to increase the capacity

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Aldo
01-10-2017, 06:17 PM

Yip 2nd best team in bottom 6

kaimendhibs
01-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Aberdeen? I would say Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are much of a muchness and it's hard to discern which club has the biggest support. Aberdeen have the advantage of being a one team city.Aberdeen have just announced selling 11000 season tickets for 1st time ever

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Aberdeen have just announced selling 11000 season tickets for 1st time ever

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aberdonians and their money are not easily parted.

Glory Lurker
01-10-2017, 06:53 PM
2nd out of the Edinburgh teams. Makes sense to me.