PDA

View Full Version : We should've won that

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Really proud of how we played today, but we should be talking about a hibs win. That hearts **** made the save of the century to stop us.
Play like we did today and we'll finish in the top 3. Even Brendan Rodgers said we were the best team he's seen at parkhead.
Neil Lennon is the best thing that happened to us in recent years, and we need to back him with a noisy atmosphere at Easter Road.
ggtth.

snooky
30-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Really proud of how we played today, but we should be talking about a hibs win. That hearts **** made the save of the century to stop us.
Play like we did today and we'll finish in the top 3. Even Brendan Rodgers said we were the best team he's seen at parkhead.
Neil Lennon is the best thing that happened to us in recent years, and we need to back him with a noisy atmosphere at Easter Road.
ggtth.

I trust he was including Celtc? :cool2:

allezsauzee
30-09-2017, 04:35 PM
ggtth.

Completely agree. We might be the only team in the premier league that has a manager who believes he's going to Parkhead to win. A proper winning mentality. We just need the players to consistently churn out these performances against everyone and we'll really kick on.

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 04:36 PM
I trust he was including Celtc? :cool2:
I'm assuming so :greengrin

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Completely agree. We might be the only team in the premier league that has a manager who believes he's going to Parkhead to win. A proper winning mentality. We just need the players to consistently churn out these performances against everyone and we'll really kick on.
The love in during the build up was slightly concerning, but from the first minute we knew were his allegiances lay. We were absolutely tremendous today, and they can consider themselves lucky to still have that unbeaten record.

OxoHibby
30-09-2017, 04:41 PM

Hopefully that's something kenning can sort and turn the draws into wins

18Hibee75
30-09-2017, 05:22 PM
I'm assuming so :greengrinAnd Barcelona, PSG and man city :greengrin

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
30-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Neil Lennon has instilled a spirit at Easter Road I personally have not felt since the Tornadoes.
Going to Parkhead and coming away disappointed not to have won says a lot for the mentality of not only the players but the supporters who have returned in droves.
These are great days to be a Hibby.
:flag::flag:

davhibby
30-09-2017, 06:14 PM
The love in during the build up was slightly concerning, but from the first minute we knew were his allegiances lay. We were absolutely tremendous today, and they can consider themselves lucky to still have that unbeaten record.

Only for another few weeks until we beat them at Hampden!

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 06:17 PM
We had the ****s on the ropes. That's the toughest game they've had in years.

Stantons Angel
30-09-2017, 06:20 PM
ggtth.

I bet we are the only team to go to Parkhead and play them at a game of football?

Most teams who go there will pack the midfield and try and stop them playing forward. Or kick them of the park as some do to us at Easter Road!

Today it was a good game for the spectators too. Some good football was played and appreciated by both sets of fans.

1875Sean
30-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Not too often a team goes to to their ground and have more shots and corners

hibs#1
30-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Gordon's save from Whittaker was unreal had to rewatch several times and still can't believe he saved it....dick 😠

heretoday
30-09-2017, 07:11 PM
We have to do it at home against the Hamiltons and Motherwells.

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Gordon's save from Whittaker was unreal had to rewatch several times and still can't believe he saved it....dick 😠
It was unbelievable, I still can't work out whether it was a bad miss or a great save. He was in mid air when Whittaker hit it. 99 times out of 100 that's a goal.

Peevemor
30-09-2017, 07:24 PM
It was unbelievable, I still can't work out whether it was a bad miss or a great save. He was in mid air when Whittaker hit it. 99 times out of 100 that's a goal.
Gordon more or less took it off his boot, Whittaker couldn't have done much more.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Gordon more or less took it off his boot, Whittaker couldn't have done much more.

Looked like a wonder save. Happened a bit quick for me. Who fluffed the header first? I thought that was the chance and Whittaker was reacting to the second ball. Gordon was at full stretch and it was a remarkable stop to get the ball away like he did.

lord bunberry
30-09-2017, 07:33 PM
I think you're right. It was one of those occasions where both players did everything right.

heretoday
30-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Whittaker was MoM for me - prominent in everything we did going forward.

Danderhall Hibs
30-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Looked like a wonder save. Happened a bit quick for me. Who fluffed the header first? I thought that was the chance and Whittaker was reacting to the second ball. Gordon was at full stretch and it was a remarkable stop to get the ball away like he did.

Stokes I think.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Stokes I think.

Well I don't know if he saw it late but it looked a stick on. I can forgive him that though as he was excellent again until around 75mins when the shift took its toll.

celtic1888
01-10-2017, 03:57 AM
Well done guys. I knew that match would be our toughest. Hibs probably deserved all 3 points but that's football. The unbeaten run goes on

green day
01-10-2017, 06:16 AM
Well done guys. I knew that match would be our toughest. Hibs probably deserved all 3 points but that's football. The unbeaten run goes on

We perhaps did based on second half, but it was a stick on penalty at the end, so we rode our luck there. Draw probably right overall.

Borderhibbie76
01-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Whittaker was MoM for me - prominent in everything we did going forward.Good to hear as he's been disappointing so far...great to hear he is hitting form

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 08:24 AM
We could very well have won the game: the save from Gordon from a yard out was superb. On the other hand, Celtc could very well have been given a penalty deep in injury time. A point is more than I was expecting, so I'm pleased overall.

Spike Mandela
01-10-2017, 09:27 AM
'We should've won that' has become this team's trademark.

Fantastic performance from the team yesterday and the draw was a good result but in general we earn far too many draws from games 'we should've won'. That includes the Championship last year as well.

Only when we figure out how to turn these draws into wins will we be able to make the next step up to challenging Aberdeen for second.

where'stheslope
01-10-2017, 09:40 AM

To think they got a £9 million goalkeeper for the sum total of nowt?????

He's made these type of saves all his career and does not look like losing it any time soon.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Rogers saying on the radio they should have had a clear penalty, as there is not even decent highlights of the game anywhere did anyone on here actually see it?

lord bunberry
01-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Rogers saying on the radio they should have had a clear penalty, as there is not even decent highlights of the game anywhere did anyone on here actually see it?
It should have been a penalty. Sinclair was pulled back as he was running in on goal. I think those sort of incidents can be harder for the referee to see as it's not like a tackle has been made, both players remained on their feet.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 09:55 AM

It looked a penalty at the time, but I haven't seen the replay yet.

neil7908
01-10-2017, 10:09 AM
'We should've won that' has become this team's trademark.

Fantastic performance from the team yesterday and the draw was a good result but in general we earn far too many draws from games 'we should've won'. That includes the Championship last year as well.

Only when we figure out how to turn these draws into wins will we be able to make the next step up to challenging Aberdeen for second.

I'm delighted with NL and confident he'll be the guy to take us to the next step but your spot on.

Our home form has been poor so far and we seem to have kept up the Hibs habit of playing well but not taking 3 points.

We've nearly reached the end of the first cycle of games and where we sit once we've played two tough games against Aberdeen and Hearts will be telling.

Peevemor
01-10-2017, 10:10 AM
It looked a penalty at the time, but I haven't seen the replay yet.
It would have been soft but could have been given.

green day
01-10-2017, 10:34 AM
It would have been soft but could have been given.

Think so? I thought it was a definite pen - Sinclair did a good bit of work to wriggle through and Ambrose tugged his jersey. I thought it was a pen and a red..........however very happy not to have conceded it !!

18Hibee75
01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Think so? I thought it was a definite pen - Sinclair did a good bit of work to wriggle through and Ambrose tugged his jersey. I thought it was a pen and a red..........however very happy not to have conceded it !!Was there not an apparent handball that couldve been a penalty as well? Think a draw was a fair result.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk