PDA

View Full Version : Well done Hibs

SirDavidsNapper
30-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Should have won today. Excellent performance especially second half. Nothing to fear in semi final.

Glory Lurker
30-09-2017, 03:58 PM
:agree:

Keith_M
30-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Was about to post the same.

Looking forward to the semi-final even more now.

:flag:

lyonhibs
30-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Great performance. Repeat that and we'll cuff these at home at least.

NORTHERNHIBBY
That performance would have got us three points away at both Dundee and St Johnstone.

HappyAsHellas
Absolutely feared the worst today so am delighted at this - bring on the semi (oo er matron)

hibby6270
30-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Absolutely.
Cliff on Hibs TV read out the shots stats in second half and we had twice as many as Celtic.
Says it all for me. Great result.

PeeJay
30-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Should have won today. Excellent performance especially second half. Nothing to fear in semi final.

Well if we are to have nothing to fear as you suggest, it might be a good idea not to make stupid defensive errors like the one for their 2nd goal ... :greengrin

rotherhamrob
30-09-2017, 04:02 PM
You know you've played well when you come away from parkhead with a draw and you are gutted.

HH81
30-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Good result. Most would have taken that before the game.

Vault Boy
30-09-2017, 04:04 PM
A performance to be proud of. John McGinn will go very far in this game.

green day
30-09-2017, 04:05 PM
It should also be said that Lennons tactics were spot on, absolutely spot on.

gaz1875
30-09-2017, 04:08 PM
When I saw the team sheets I thought we had a real good chance, but you always fear the worst against them. Well done team for sticking in when we could have crumbled after the early goal and then the equaliser :top marks

heretoday
30-09-2017, 04:09 PM
I say again: Why can't we play like that every week? I can't believe that is the same team that capitulated to Motherwell the other week.

clarkstonbhoy
30-09-2017, 04:10 PM
we were rank rotten today, missed a leader in centre, you guys stopped us from playing and deserved to win. Mcgeoch and mcginn pressing in middle caused all kinds of grief. Im happy Celtic preserved the run ;) Bonus was kyle and the manky diet tarts lost.

Phil MaGlass
30-09-2017, 04:10 PM
WELL DONE LADS, now put a few wins together,could have been 3rd today?

McGinn, whit a player. Big money move in the near future.

Jack Hackett
30-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Greetin' on a balcony in Brighton...

... but not for long. It's effing freezing :greengrin

allezsauzee
30-09-2017, 04:12 PM
I say again: Why can't we play like that every week? I can't believe that is the same team that capitulated to Motherwell the other week.

It wasn't the same team. Today's line up had a far more solid look than the one that played against Well

Ryan69
we were rank rotten today, missed a leader in centre, you guys stopped us from playing and deserved to win. Mcgeoch and mcginn pressing in middle caused all kinds of grief. Im happy Celtic preserved the run ;) Bonus was kyle and the manky diet tarts lost.

Why is there so many bloody Celtic fans on this forum???

Just cause we founded you...doesnt mean you lot have to stalk us!

HIBERNIAN-0762
Could have actually won if Stokes hadn't been a bit greedy but delighted with the perfomance and point, we fear no one now.

heretoday
30-09-2017, 04:14 PM
It wasn't the same team. Today's line up had a far more solid look than the one that played against Well

I know but I'm talking about the spirit and fight that we showed today.

We have to generate that at home. No one will be able to beat us then.

clarkstonbhoy
30-09-2017, 04:15 PM

My late stepdad from portobello was a die hard hibee so i always look out for your results

greenlex
30-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Im concerned thats 3 out of the last 4 away games where we should have taken all three points and only came away with 6 out of 12. Not good enough.Yet again having to do it from behind. On the back of losing to Hamilton I really fear for us. Hanging onto top six isnt a good start.

allezsauzee
30-09-2017, 04:18 PM

I quite like the fact that fans of other teams can post on here if they are sensible about it any not get kicked off. Unlike kickback where you get banned for even a bit of friendly banter.

Paisley Hibby
30-09-2017, 04:19 PM

Why do you think it's OK to come on a Hibs Fans forum with your patronising chat? Don't you realise that as far as we're concerned you lot are just one cheek of the same OF arse?

zitelli62
30-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Brilliant well done hibs now let's kick on.

snooky
30-09-2017, 04:20 PM
The main thing we will/should take from this game is self belief.
I'm confident that we can match any team in the league. The trouble is when we play inferior teams we seem to match their standards too.
A bit consistency at the level of today's performance and we'll soar.

Bob Box Fish
30-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Excellent result gutted I never took my cash out at 1-2 had hibs and btts.

ACLeith
30-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Im concerned thats 3 out of the last 4 away games where we should have taken all three points and only came away with 6 out of 12. Not good enough.Yet again having to do it from behind. On the back of losing to Hamilton I really fear for us. Hanging onto top six isnt a good start.

I agree. Only 4 points above hearts shows how poor we are 😂

allezsauzee
30-09-2017, 04:22 PM
I know but I'm talking about the spirit and fight that we showed today.

We have to generate that at home. No one will be able to beat us then.

I think we have a lot of players who thrive in the bigger games but maybe struggle to motivate themselves against the lesser lights at times.

gazzag70
30-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Feel a bit deflated we didn't beat them as we were fantastic in the 2nd half.Still a great result and that formation is our best layout. We have a group of midfielders that are among the best in the country,we need to play them all like that more often.

The Harp
30-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Proud to be a Hibee ... as always.

MKHIBEE
30-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Why do you think it's OK to come on a Hibs Fans forum with your patronising chat? Don't you realise that as far as we're concerned you lot are just one cheek of the same OF arse?
This 2 cheeks thing has been debated to death on here and not all share your view so please don't make out we all do.

SChibs
30-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Had hibs to score 2+ at 5/1 but unfortunately Aston villa couldn't score more at home to Bolton for my bet!

Hiber-nation
30-09-2017, 04:34 PM

He said nothing wrong. Behave.

Anyway well done Hibs, bring on the sheep.

iwasthere1972
30-09-2017, 04:37 PM

Just not good enough. Only one place above the Jambos and one point away from third place.

Lennon out. Cathro in.

hibee_nation
30-09-2017, 04:38 PM

You don't speak for me pal they are not the same by any stretch of imagination.
GGTTH

Paisley Hibby
30-09-2017, 04:41 PM
He said nothing wrong. Behave.

Anyway well done Hibs, bring on the sheep.

Fair enough, I was being a bit harsh. But in the unlikely event that Hearts ever manage a draw at Parkhead, do you think that guy would go on Kickback with similar comments? And if not, why not?

NAE NOOKIE
30-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Listening to off the ball .... not a single nomination in the studio for Hibs as team of the day :greengrin

Dalianwanda
30-09-2017, 04:43 PM

I think you were rotten in the second half because we didn’t give Celtic a minutes peace. Midfield was strong as you say. Lennon deserves praise for how he set up the team.

lyonhibs
30-09-2017, 04:45 PM

You must be great fun at parties. A draw away to a team that haven't been beaten domestically since 19-oatcake and you claim it's a result that is one of several that aren't "good enough"??

green day
30-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Listening to off the ball .... not a single nomination in the studio for Hibs as team of the day :greengrin

Stop listening

iwasthere1972
30-09-2017, 04:46 PM
You must be great fun at parties. A draw away to a team that haven't been beaten domestically since 19-oatcake and you claim it's a result that is one of several that aren't "good enough"??

I think it's a :fishin: moment.

Johnny Clash
30-09-2017, 04:47 PM
This 2 cheeks thing has been debated to death on here and not all share your view so please don't make out we all do.

Well said. I could be wrong as I wasn't there but I've not read anything so far about Hibs fans getting attacked in car park after game or loads of missiles getting thrown into Hibs end? In fact saw a video online where our manager was cheered by Hibs and Celtic fans standing together when Lenny was getting off team bus. Unlike the so called other cheek where a video showed nothing but sectarian abuse spewing out when the Hibs team arrived.

cleanyman
30-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Should have won

Bloody annoying

BUT an excellent performance

kaimendhibs
30-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Well said. I could be wrong as I wasn't there but I've not read anything so far about Hibs fans getting attacked in car park after game or loads of missiles getting thrown into Hibs end? In fact saw a video online where our manager was cheered by Hibs and Celtic fans standing together when Lenny was getting off team bus. Unlike the so called other cheek where a video showed nothing but sectarian abuse spewing out when the Hibs team arrived.Didnt get kept back either

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Springbank
30-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Feels like the first time this millennium we've been to Glasgow and not won 3-2

matty_f
30-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Great performance today, on our day we are a very good side. Very proud of the team.

California-Hibs
30-09-2017, 04:56 PM

This. There's most definitely a far uglier more detestable cheek.

adhibs
30-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Great performance from every player in team. Cant wait for Aberdeen now

greenlex
30-09-2017, 05:37 PM
I think it's a :fishin: moment.

Shoosh you

tamig
30-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Fair enough, I was being a bit harsh. But in the unlikely event that Hearts ever manage a draw at Parkhead, do you think that guy would go on Kickback with similar comments? And if not, why not?

I like to think we are a bit more diverse and welcoming on here - so long as folk don’t rip the pish. The guy probably wouldn’t get through registration
on JKB with that user name. I appreciated his comments as I’m sure a few others did. Think you’re flogging a bit of a dead horse here.

Hi Heid Yin
30-09-2017, 05:48 PM

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're genuinely not just patronising us.
Thank you for your comments.

tamig
30-09-2017, 05:50 PM

Lol. Think you need to look at yourself at parties 😉

Hi Heid Yin
30-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Great performance today, on our day we are a very good side. Very proud of the team.

:agree::agree: Ditto

lyonhibs
30-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Shoosh you

Ahhhhhhh nightmare 😥🤓

Hi Heid Yin
30-09-2017, 05:57 PM
No way can Celtic be classified in the same gutter level as The Rangers.
I've never feared for my life in a Celtic match, but dread rubbing shoulders with the Orcs.

greenlex
30-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Ahhhhhhh nightmare 😥🤓
I'll let you off. Complete lack of smileys as I was on my phone.

dchibs
30-09-2017, 06:11 PM

Hearts draw at Parkhead your having a Laugherty lol,

One Day
30-09-2017, 06:19 PM

I agree

oneone73
30-09-2017, 06:22 PM
No way can Celtic be classified in the same gutter level as The Rangers.
I've never feared for my life in a Celtic match, but dread rubbing shoulders with the Orcs.

Not even when they lob CS gas into your stand? ********s.

AlbertK86
30-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Great result for hibs.

Only one loss this season. 5 games away from home so far and not been beaten including a win at Sevco and draws against Saints and Celtic where arguably we deserved to win both.

Hertz losing at Dens was the icing on the cake. Did they not lose a game there in the last minutes before ??!!

Pescarese
30-09-2017, 07:00 PM

The guy says his interest is down to a Hibs-supporting stepdad. So if he'd had a Hearts-supporting stepdad that he respected I guess he'd make equally fair comments on Kickback. (Though the family relationships around that one sound pretty complex to me.)

Onion
30-09-2017, 07:00 PM
That performance would have got us three points away at both Dundee and St Johnstone.

Hibs to a T and why we love them so much :cb

Main take from today is Hibs no longer fear going to Ibrox or Celtic Park and genuinely believe they can get something out of the match which makes such a difference to everyone incl Sevco, Celtic, the ref and Hibs fans.

Lennon is the right man to lead this team, but we can all see the psyche of the club has shifted hugely since 21 May 2016. :thumbsup:

Bobby's Cinema
30-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Superb performance.

We are turning up to big occasions now which first really started under Stubbs and I feel confident and trust the team as the manager must do.

Really great stuff seeing us hold on to the ball with composure and persevering when going behind despite playing well.

Really bodes well and on our performances so far this season we are well capable of a European spot.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2017, 07:12 PM

My late stepdad from portobello was a die hard hibee so i always look out for your results

Paisley, the Clarkston fellah (and you're not that far apart) has explained why he has something of an interest. Why wouldn't anyone with only the one head want go on kickback?

SirDavidsNapper
30-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Superb performance.

We are turning up to big occasions now which first really started under Stubbs and I feel confident and trust the team as the manager must do.

Really great stuff seeing us hold on to the ball with composure and persevering when going behind despite playing well.

Really bodes well and on our performances so far this season we are well capable of a European spot.

Totally agree. We turn up for big games more often than not. I would be cacking my pants if I were a Hearts fan.

poolman
30-09-2017, 07:17 PM

Calm doon FFS

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Very happy with that performance and result, yet, at the same time, there's the bittersweet sense of not getting all three points; we deserved them. Overall we can be happy with that: I'm sure we'd all have taken a point before kick off. Celtic rested a few, perhaps underestimating us. They won't do that in the semi-final.

Dalianwanda
30-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Totally agree. We turn up for big games more often than not. I would be cacking my pants if I were a Hearts fan.

Yeah but there’s big and there’s BIG

andybev1
30-09-2017, 07:49 PM
I think we have a lot of players who thrive in the bigger games but maybe struggle to motivate themselves against the lesser lights at times.

Yes, John Mginn seems to be one. especially Great game today as did Dylan Mcgeogh

hfc rd
30-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Proud of every single one of them. Great result and performance. If it wasn't for that world class save from Craig Gordon, we could have been celebrating a historic result.

They will certainly not be looking forward to playing us in the semi finals in a couple of weeks