30-09-2017, 02:47 PM
One nil Dundee. That's nice.

SirDavidsNapper
30-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Potters Gilacticos 1-0 down

renato
30-09-2017, 02:57 PM
One nil Dundee. That's nice.

Cheeky wee 2-0, was 16/1! Cash out or keep it on....

Potter to shat it again?

green day
30-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Fyvie got 2 for Dundee Utd

30-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Fyvie got 2 for Dundee Utd

Only scored 2 for us in total, from 77 games.

Good luck to him though.

SirDavidsNapper
30-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Dundee 😂😂😂😂😂

Glory Lurker
30-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Last minute winner for the Dee!

bringbackbenny
30-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Last minute winner for the Dee!

We are Hibernian FC
we hate jam tarts and we love Dundee

Hibby70
30-09-2017, 03:58 PM
The Championship is going to be good this year, St Mirren top now

emerald green
30-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Jason Cummings scores opening goal in 2-1 win for NF.

jgl07
01-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Jason Cummings scores opening goal in 2-1 win for NF.
Someone told me that not only is the Forest manager a fanny but that he wears a fanny's hat.

Is this true?

Firestarter
01-10-2017, 12:16 AM
Someone told me that not only is the Forest manager a fanny but that he wears a fanny's hat.

Is this true?

You would have to ask the Dumbarton fans for the answer, poor people.

YehButNoBut
01-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Barcelona v Las Palmas just kicked of in Barcelona in an empty stadium

Must be something to do with the problems with the independence vote

hibs#1
01-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Everton play so slowly not a bit of pace. Apart from the young boy calvert-lewin(sp?) looks good. Burnley's goal was very good.

Pete
01-10-2017, 02:34 PM
What a turnaround for Wednesday. Took Leeds apart 3-0 this afternoon with Hooper and Fletcher starring.

That will be some league again this season. Much more enjoyable than the top flight.

hibsbollah
01-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Bayern Munich must be up there with sevco for the most annoying team when things aren't going their way. 2-2 at Hertha 15 mins to go... bt sport 2.

heretoday
01-10-2017, 03:12 PM
That'll be Koeman for the chop, I reckon. Everton were bereft of ideas apart from poking it about at the back. Not one player deserves praise.

Scouse Hibee
01-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Everton were dire again today, the players seem to be devoid of ideas. What was hailed as a possible top four season from many of their fans is turning into a nightmare. Shame......

hibsbollah
01-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Harry Kane is on fire.

As is Coutinho, what a screamer. Toon 0 Liverpool 1.

easty
01-10-2017, 04:07 PM
1-1

Liverpools defence is sooo *****.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2017, 04:11 PM
1-1

Liverpools defence is sooo *****.

Their next league game should be a laugh. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Their next league game should be a laugh. :greengrin

Let big Lukaku, Rashford and Martial have a run at that defence.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Let big Lukaku, Rashford and Martial have a run at that defence.

:hyper

HH81
01-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Manchester's number 2 should not be getting too cocky at turning anyone over.

Fancy Liverpool to nick this 2-1.

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2017, 05:10 PM

I'm waiting on Newcastle so that's a cert

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Liverpool can look excellent in attack, but are as fragile as a Ming vase in defence. United should run at them all day.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Do you get an alert whenever someone talks about Manchester Utd on a thread? :greengrin

Scott Allan Key
01-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Liverpool can look excellent in attack, but are as fragile as a Ming vase in defence. United should run at them all day.

And ridiculously, their defence is a lot more expensive too.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Full time 1-1. Jurgen Flopp making hard work of it once again. Is he going to Bayern? If not, his sphincter will be twitching like a rabbit's nose between now and the game against United.

Pretty Boy
01-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Is the Klopp bubble well and truly burst?

Had a real struggle in his final season at Dortmund and he's turned Liverpool from an average team into an......average team. He's the footballing hipsters wet dream but he's not won a major trophy in 5 years which is what really matters when all is said and done.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 06:03 PM

Had a real struggle in his final season at Dortmund and he's turned Liverpool from an average team into an......average team. He's the footballing hipsters wet dream but he's not won a major trophy in 5 years which is what really matters when all is said and done.

Time will tell, PB. It isn't easy for Liverpool: the EPL is so competitive because there's so much money in the league. If he sorts that defence he'll be okay; however, though Liverpool are far from pauperism, I'm not sure they have the financial muscle to really challenge. If they got rid of Klopp, who could they find who is better?

jgl07
01-10-2017, 06:06 PM

I like the guy. I saw his Borussia Dortmund team absolutely destroy Manchester City at the Etihad (in a 1-1 draw it has to be said!). They really were a joy to watch.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 06:24 PM
I like the guy. I saw his Borussia Dortmund team absolutely destroy Manchester City at the Etihad (in a 1-1 draw it has to be said!). They really were a joy to watch.

Are you a season ticket holder at City? You often mention being at their games.

SRHibs
01-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Was waiting on a Newcastle draw for my treble. That was nervy!

HH81
01-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Do you get an alert whenever someone talks about Manchester Utd on a thread? :greengrin

No I just read most threads and enjoy telling the truth :-)

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 06:49 PM
No I just read most threads and enjoy telling the truth :-)

Do you, aye? The truth is United are improving under Jose, and not even you can deny that.

HH81
01-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Do you, aye? The truth is United are improving under Jose, and not even you can deny that.

True but it is now down to spending millions and millions on players. You can no longer call man city to big spenders.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:01 PM
True but it is now down to spending millions and millions on players. You can no longer call man city to big spenders.

What? United have always been big spender with THEIR money. City are big spenders thanks to a very lucky takeover. They were a laughing stock for decades: the epitome of farce and underachievement, then they won the lottery. That's the truth. Just like Chelsea, they are a mid-sized club that won big. Had Sheikh Mansoor and Abramovic decided to plough their billions elsewhere, they'd be nothing.

JohnM1875
01-10-2017, 07:24 PM

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/man-city-2215m-milan-1784m-the-20-highest-spending-clubs/za2d0l2qvyp61nujjg35s2c0v

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:30 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/man-city-2215m-milan-1784m-the-20-highest-spending-clubs/za2d0l2qvyp61nujjg35s2c0v

Everton £149 million. Koeman must be excreting bricks.

hibsbollah
01-10-2017, 07:33 PM

A team that has such an attacking mindset needs quality individuals in defence. Klopp hasn't got that now but they are so good going forward they will be near the top of the table at Christmas, and if they pick up a couple of defenders in the window I can see them challenging for cups and top four come May. But any manager is going to struggle with Matip and Lovren in defence, just aren't good enough.

City improved most in the summer, I tipped them to win the league and they're still the obvious choice.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gUgqsg9l.jpg

Iggy Pope
01-10-2017, 07:39 PM
What? United have always been big spender with THEIR money. City are big spenders thanks to a very lucky takeover. They were a laughing stock for decades: the epitome of farce and underachievement, then they won the lottery. That's the truth. Just like Chelsea, they are a mid-sized club that won big. Had Sheikh Mansoor and Abramovic decided to plough their billions elsewhere, they'd be nothing.

Hmmmm. Right.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Hmmmm. Right.

Yes, it's right. Clubs like United, Liverpool and Arsenal have spent their own income, as opposed to City and Chelsea. That's a fact. United's current owners have taken hundreds of millions out of the club, whilst at the same time City's owners have put in multiple times the club's income.

Iggy Pope
01-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Yes, it's right. Clubs like United, Liverpool and Arsenal have spent their own income, as opposed to City and Chelsea. That's a fact. United's current owners have taken hundreds of millions out of the club, whilst at the same time City's owners have put in multiple times the club's income.

Bollox. Any google search on Manchester United and its owners throws up more about massive loans secured against assets to purchase the club, payments in kind, hedge funds and the NYSE than it does about any money that might have been sloshing about in Salford.

Even your own fans took to wearing different coloured scarves and starting up a new pro club they were so fed up with it!

Their own income indeed. My keyboard won't have enough keys to cover the overdraft. Are you suggesting that Man U spend only what they bring in?

Are they entering the FA Cup this year or do they have a barbecue in Shanghai or somewhere that day?

hibsbollah
01-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Nice Marseille on BT sport now. Nice went 2-0 up after 16 mins, Marseille have scored three times and it's now 2-3 at half time. Total nonsense but fantastique.

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Nice Marseille on BT sport now. Nice went 2-0 up after 16 mins, Marseille have scored three times and it's now 2-3 at half time. Total nonsense but fantastique.

Bugger ...... Nice are my boys in France and one of my friends is lucky enough to live there (and has a Nice season ticket)!!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the Newcastle Liverpool game earlier too. Sundays are great if you're a football lunatic.

Joe6-2
01-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Bugger ...... Nice are my boys in France and one of my friends is lucky enough to live there (and has a Nice season ticket)!!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the Newcastle Liverpool game earlier too. Sundays are great if you're a football lunatic.

Mine are nice in any country! 😉

hibsbollah
01-10-2017, 08:14 PM

2-4 now. Wee bit crowd trouble, Payet hit by missiles as he takes a corner.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Bollox. Any google search on Manchester United and its owners throws up more about massive loans secured against assets to purchase the club, payments in kind, hedge funds and the NYSE than it does about any money that might have been sloshing about in Salford.

Even your own fans took to wearing different coloured scarves and starting up a new pro club they were so fed up with it!

Their own income indeed. My keyboard won't have enough keys to cover the overdraft. Are you suggesting that Man U spend only what they bring in?

Are they entering the FA Cup this year or do they have a barbecue in Shanghai or somewhere that day?

Which is exactly my point. The high risk loans the Glazers obtained to buy United are being re-paid from the club's income, not from their own pockets. They have taken money out of the club's income to the tune of circa £750 million to re-pay those loans. At the same time clubs like City and Chelsea have had hundreds of millions ploughed into them by owners. You are supporting my point: United's success has been despite the owners; City's has been thanks to them. The Glazers are the ones who have used United's huge wealth for their own benefit. United had no debt before the Glazer's arrived, but were plunged into £750 million of debt overnight when they 'bought' the club. That's exactly what the protests were about: the Glazers not buying the club with their own money but with future revenue from fans.

And yes, I certainly am suggesting United only spend from their own income, as the owners haven't put a single penny of their own money in; on the contrary, they have taken hundreds of millions out to re-pay the very loans they used to buy the club. How that is legal I don't know.

Get .net's financial guru, CWG on here. He'll support what I say.

Pete
01-10-2017, 08:51 PM
The truth is that it’s not just down to money with Manchester City. You can’t buy that pizazz on show yesterday, you have to have the right blend.

United will be there or there abouts as they’ve also spent big but it’s just so boring. So Mourinho. City are like a 30 year old single malt while united are Scottish Leader.

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Love it personally Pete, its soap opera meets football, never a dull moment even in a dull game. Thought the Chelsea City game last night was a great game, tactically a great battle between the two coaches. The Championship as you have said earlier is a great league competitive wise but sometimes the quality is somewhat lacking.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 08:56 PM
The truth is that it’s not just down to money with Manchester City. You can’t buy that pizazz on show yesterday, you have to have the right blend.

United will be there or there abouts as they’ve also spent big but it’s just so boring. So Mourinho. City are like a 30 year old single malt while united are Scottish Leader.

:fishin:

Boring? 32 goals scored in ten games is hardly boring. United are playing some lovely stuff.

Pete
01-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Love it personally Pete, its soap opera meets football, never a dull moment even in a dull game. Thought the Chelsea City game last night was a great game, tactically a great battle between the two coaches. The Championship as you have said earlier is a great league competitive wise but sometimes the quality is somewhat lacking.

I actually try hard not to like football at the highest level in England but it's as close to perfection as you can get now. So much quality on show. While the quality might be missing in the lower leagues the pedigree of the clubs is second to none, and it's very competitive.

:fishin:

Boring? 32 goals scored in ten games is hardly boring. United are playing some lovely stuff.

Indeed. But they were boring goals.

jgl07
01-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Are you a season ticket holder at City? You often mention being at their games.

Yes and at Hibs.

I was brought up in Manchester and lived there until I was 30.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Yes and at Hibs.

You travel from Scotland to watch them every home game?

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Indeed. But they were boring goals.

Aye okay :greengrin

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 09:07 PM

Well I travel from England to watch Hibs games ...... Im not alone either.

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Well I travel from England to watch Hibs games ...... Im not alone either.

Fair play. Two season tickets is something else though :greengrin

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Fair play. Two season tickets is something else though :greengrin

Aye true !

hfc rd
01-10-2017, 09:35 PM

He's got a worser record than what Brendan Rodgers had. He's had 4 transfer windows to sort out that leaky defence and goalkeeping position but it just seems to have been ignored.

The summer transfer window was a joke for them as they put all their full focus on getting Van Dijk. When that failed, their was no plan B lined up.

Pete
01-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Aye okay :greengrin

😇

Pete
01-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Just watched Everton.

Ronald Boo-man.

blackpoolhibs
01-10-2017, 09:45 PM

jgl07
01-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Not every home match. Sometimes there is a clash with a Hibs home match!

I usually make it to 15 or 16 home League matches a season plus four, five or six Champions League matches.

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2017, 08:50 AM
He's got a worser record than what Brendan Rodgers had. He's had 4 transfer windows to sort out that leaky defence and goalkeeping position but it just seems to have been ignored.

The summer transfer window was a joke for them as they put all their full focus on getting Van Dijk. When that failed, their was no plan B lined up.

Summed it up perfectly for me. I now begin to wonder if he is the man to build a team capable of challenging for top four and major honours on a regular basis, sadly I doubt he is.

Hibernia&Alba
02-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Summed it up perfectly for me. I now begin to wonder if he is the man to build a team capable of challenging for top four and major honours on a regular basis, sadly I doubt he is.

As I said, SH, I think he's quality; he just needs to sort that defence. He's only a couple of top defenders away from having a very good side. The problem he has is the competitiveness of the EPL: there's a massive amount of money and playing talent, but only a few trophies to go around. Who would be an improvement as a replacement?

JimBHibees
02-10-2017, 10:30 AM

:not worth :faf::faf:

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2017, 12:58 PM
As I said, SH, I think he's quality; he just needs to sort that defence. He's only a couple of top defenders away from having a very good side. The problem he has is the competitiveness of the EPL: there's a massive amount of money and playing talent, but only a few trophies to go around. Who would be an improvement as a replacement?

The issue is he has been a couple of top defenders away from it for several windows now yet I am not sure sure he recognises or agrees with what you, me and it seems like everyone else sees. The recruitment of new players in all other areas of the pitch suggests he doesn't.

Also he signed Robertson and although I have stated that I thought we needed better, why sign him then not give a real opportunity to establish himself given that his displays so far including for Scotland have impressed. As for who would improve us, no one really knows, some managers click and it works for them, for others it doesn't.

Hamish
07-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Armchair Cooncil TV fans have a varied choice of games today. The New Saints V Elgin City on S4C Channel 134 at 4.30pm, Dundee United v Linfield on Alba at 5.15pm and then Belarus v Holland on ITV 4 at 7.30pm.

Hamish
07-10-2017, 03:17 PM
A Hibernian legend co-presenting on S4C

Scorrie
07-10-2017, 03:29 PM
A Hibernian legend co-presenting on S4C

Owain Tudor Jones by any chance?

Hamish
07-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Owain Tudor Jones by any chance?

Aye

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2017, 07:09 PM

I stated in a thread at the start of the season that backing Liverpool win BTTS particularly against teams in the bottom half looked like a good way to make dough, doubt I'll be changing that any time soon, didnae work last week though! :-(

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2017, 07:17 PM
I stated in a thread at the start of the season that backing Liverpool win BTTS particularly against teams in the bottom half looked like a good way to make dough, doubt I'll be changing that any time soon, didnae work last week though! :-(

Just had a wee look back, hasnae came in as much as I thought, probably still in front for the amount of times I've put it on though. Hoff x 2, Leic away successful, Watford A Arsenal H Newcastle A not so much.