PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher.

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Did anyone else just hear his interview on BT sports? Basically says he regretted the way he done things at Hibs and shouldn’t have ranted and raved at them.

Thomson was next to him and he says “as Kevin will prob tell you I’m a ranting and raving kind of guy.” He actually held up his hand and said he was sorry and would change the way he done things and apologised!! Couldn’t actually believe what I was hearing.

Pete
29-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Act well there's no point in being bitter.

You could say that we wouldn't have won the Scottish cup if we hadn't gone down and regenerated.

I'll stop short of thanking him though.😉

murray26
29-09-2017, 06:00 PM

You could say that we wouldn't have won the Scottish cup if we hadn't gone down and regenerated.

Good point👍

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 06:00 PM

No I’m not bitter I’m shocked! I didn’t think he’d ever admit he was wrong. Was almost feeling a tad sorry then i remembered how he bullied some of the players and thought **** him 😁

blaikie
29-09-2017, 06:02 PM
He's touting for the Hun job as an interim when they sack Pedro and can't afford anyone else ..... **** him!

Colr
29-09-2017, 06:06 PM

He can tell it to Ray Wilkins.

iwasthere1972
Did anyone else just hear his interview on BT sports? Basically says he regretted the way he done things at Hibs and shouldn’t have ranted and raved at them.

Thomson was next to him and he says “as Kevin will prob tell you I’m a ranting and raving kind of guy.” He actually held up his hand and said he was sorry and would change the way he done things and apologised!! Couldn’t actually believe what I was hearing.

Maradonna held his hand up so hopefully Butcher will forgive him.

hibee_girl
He's probably after a job so saying what he thinks will help.

29-09-2017, 06:07 PM
He's touting for the Hun job as an interim when they sack Pedro and can't afford anyone else ..... **** him!

I hope he gets it.

Hermit Crab
29-09-2017, 06:08 PM
He got us relegated from a decent league position. He can do one.

blaikie
29-09-2017, 06:09 PM
I hope he gets it.

With Colin Calderwood as assistant!

guthrie01
29-09-2017, 06:10 PM
About damn time he took responsibility for what he done to our club. Granted the players he had weren't great names but the position in which he took over after Fenlon made it unforgivable for the way in which he sunk our club to the Championship.

IGRIGI
29-09-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm still at a loss as to how we managed to screw up a 2 goal advantage at home to Hamilton.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Hardly recognised him. He looks much much older than I thought.

keep the faith
29-09-2017, 06:15 PM

Did KT comment?

My_Wife_Camille
29-09-2017, 06:26 PM

Huge credit where it's due imo. Will be about the only time you ever see a manager come out with something like that. Wins back a bit of respect from me.

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Did KT comment?

He smiled and then changed to what’s happening at The Rangers. Dodged it very well.

we are hibs
29-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Hilarious Thomson saying the players didn't down tools when they blatantly did.

Northernhibee
29-09-2017, 06:43 PM
I'll always respect someone admitting they are wrong, especially in a very public way.

Should never have been near our club and is a dreadful manager and not a very nice person, but fair play to him for admitting his blame.

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2017, 06:48 PM
I'll always respect someone admitting they are wrong, especially in a very public way.

Should never have been near our club and is a dreadful manager and not a very nice person, but fair play to him for admitting his blame.

Didn't see the interview, but can't abide the guy. We spent three years in the second tier thanks to his mismanagement and the worst ever run of form. Big useless, brainless Tory ****. I can't forgive what he did to us: it was totally amateur and embarrassing.

Onion
29-09-2017, 07:01 PM

Cheap admission, only took a full 4 years to find a conscience and some honesty. Had he said that shortly after Hibs sacked him, tried to find a job or refused the payoff for being wholly incompetent/ / useless there was half a chance Hibs fans MAY have cut him some slack but he didn't, Took the wage, big payoff, blamed everyone else and left Hibs and Hibs fans to pick up the pieces of his gross mismanagement.

Awful manager and not much of a man.

keep the faith
29-09-2017, 07:01 PM

The hibs players? They didn't down tools. Just average players with no confidence whatsoever and that was down to Butcher.

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Cheap admission, only took a full 4 years to find a conscience and some honesty. Had he said that shortly after Hibs sacked him, tried to find a job or refused the payoff for being wholly incompetent/ / useless there was half a chance Hibs fans MAY have cut him some slack but he didn't, Took the wage, big payoff, blamed everyone else and left Hibs and Hibs fans to pick up the pieces of his gross mismanagement.

:agree:

He's a disgrace.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-09-2017, 07:10 PM

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-09-2017, 07:14 PM

He's maybe only just realised this after a period of introspection :nerd:

cmcd
29-09-2017, 07:15 PM

I don't believe any players down tools ( especially KT) .They just weren't good enough so you're comment is nonsense

Deansy
29-09-2017, 07:16 PM

Wow, could you imagine it if butcher did get the job - he'd 'Out-Muppet' all the previous incumbents !!!, Please Lord - just one more favour ...................... ??

cleanyman
29-09-2017, 07:19 PM
And to think the majority of fans on this board wanted him as manager.

I still shudder.

Fair play to me though as I was wanting him sacked in January.

West lower
29-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Missed it. Did he actually say he regretted how he managed us ? Any mention of why Leean felt he was not the guy to take us forward ? Na didn’t think so . Absolute joker and Malpas is even worse with his 1970’s training.

Carheenlea
29-09-2017, 07:23 PM
It's done now, and the whole episode is one I prefer not to spend too much time dwelling on. The club is in a good place right now, and growing stronger.

Onion
29-09-2017, 07:23 PM
And to think the majority of fans on this board wanted him as manager.

I still shudder.

Fair play to me though as I was wanting him sacked in January.

But crucially, none of us got paid good money to recruit him. See the difference ? But let's not go there again, we've exorcised that demon and some... :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2017, 07:24 PM
It's done now, and the whole episode is one I prefer not to spend too much time dwelling on. The club is in a good place right now, and growing stronger.

Hear Hear mate. I don't want to hear anything Butcher has to say.

scotiaf
29-09-2017, 07:28 PM
I hated him for what he did, and used many a nice word for him in recent times. But my hat is off to him for admitting he ****ed up on TV.

Still would stand in a picket line if he ever came back near hibs

chinaman
29-09-2017, 07:29 PM
A tool talking about tools.xxxx torn knees and the clown butcher

Paisley Hibby
29-09-2017, 07:36 PM

Even if that useless **** offered to pay back every penny we wasted on him I'd still tell him to get to ****. Not that I'm bitter or anything...

Bostonhibby
29-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Sounds like tel wants to " move on" as well. Love and peace from the Hibs family tel.

Not. Arse of a man and worse than calderwood for me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Del Boy
29-09-2017, 08:21 PM
He's a complete prick. Boring unfunny tube.

Tobias Funke
29-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Obviously not a fan of Butcher as a manager and deeply resentful of his time at Hibs. That said it's big of him to put his hand up and apologise.

Away from football he is a decent guy by all accounts, heard that directly from someone who got to know him when he stayed here while in charge at Hibs, he's actually a gent. Just needs to apply a bit more of that to his profession!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Sounds like tel wants to " move on" as well. Love and peace from the Hibs family tel.

Not. Arse of a man and worse than calderwood for me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
29-09-2017, 08:28 PM
**** him.

hibees 7062
29-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Hun dick

West lower
29-09-2017, 09:09 PM
But crucially, none of us got paid good money to recruit him. See the difference ? But let's not go there again, we've exorcised that demon and some... :aok:

Aye that’s right, let’s not go there but you have. Trying to blame someone who had virtually the whole backing of the Hibs support at the time ( and a full board agreement). Hindsight is wonderful. But don’t use it to have a go when it is simply wrong.

Greencore
29-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Good on him for holding his hands up. Will never understand him as a manager, however wins back a bit of respect. We have moved on for the better.

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Aye that’s right, let’s not go there but you have. Trying to blame someone who had virtually the whole backing of the Hibs support at the time ( and a full board agreement). Hindsight is wonderful. But don’t use it to have a go when it is simply wrong.

He failed the club miserably and his tenure was one long disaster. He was even worse than Calderwood, which is unforgivable. He seemed right when appointed, but it was a car crash.

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2017, 09:23 PM

:agree:butcher got/gets all the abuse though

Scorrie
29-09-2017, 09:25 PM
He's a complete prick. Boring unfunny tube.

No a fan eh? You’re right he’s a bawbag. After another job mebbe? Inverness are struggling....

Jones28
29-09-2017, 09:27 PM
He failed the club miserably and his tenure was one long disaster. He was even worse than Calderwood, which is unforgivable. He seemed right when appointed, but it was a car crash.

That's what really grates with me. The appointment looked decent at the time but it was an effing disaster. He lost the dressing room almost as soon as he crossed the threshold and that is on his shoulders. He totally ****ed the job when he came in despite a decent start.

West lower
29-09-2017, 09:28 PM

I totally agree, but trying to blame Petrie is out of order.

The Modfather
29-09-2017, 09:40 PM
I totally agree, but trying to blame Petrie is out of order.

At the risk of taking this thread on a predictable tangent. Those responsible for appointing managers are responsible for appointing the right manager (based on a vetting process and budgets, neither of which we the fans are privy to) not the popular choice.

Petrie appointed a manager who simply completed the ever downward spiral we were on, culminating in eventually getting relegated. Butcher just managed to continue the decline at breakneck speed. It's not as if everything was rosey and Butcher single handedly took us down out of the blue.

ben johnson
29-09-2017, 09:43 PM
I destroyed my camouflage jacket and trousers I wore as a member of TBGAWA.
When you think back what ever were Hibs thinking of launching that nonsense
Always darkest before the dawn and we certainly got it together after that shambles on and off the park.

West lower
29-09-2017, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Right Said Frank;5181047]At the risk of taking this thread on a predictable tangent. Those responsible for appointing managers are responsible for appointing the right manager (based on a vetting process and budgets, neither of which we the fans are privy to) not the popular choice.

Petrie appointed a manager who simply completed the ever downward spiral we were on, culminating in eventually getting relegated. Butcher just managed to continue the decline at breakneck speed. It's not as if everything was rosey and Butcher single handedly took us down out of the blue.[/QUOTE

We indeed were on a downward spiral, but we were 7th when Butcher took over. To throw the blame at the board or chairman for us going down is stretching it. Also , the choice of manager has to be popular to some degree with the support or your season tickets don’t sell. Anyway, that is me out of this thread. Everyone to their own.

jacomo
29-09-2017, 10:54 PM
We indeed were on a downward spiral, but we were 7th when Butcher took over. To throw the blame at the board or chairman for us going down is stretching it. Also , the choice of manager has to be popular to some degree with the support or your season tickets don’t sell. Anyway, that is me out of this thread. Everyone to their own.

Butcher was catastrophic.

He should have resigned the day after we got relegated and retained some integrity.

Brightside
30-09-2017, 12:38 AM
He got us relegated from a decent league position. He can do one.

Which in the end fixed the club from top to bottom. He's still a cock tho.

Captain Trips
30-09-2017, 12:45 AM
I actually think though were we not top of the lower half at the split?

.Sean.
30-09-2017, 03:38 AM
Odious Hun ******* and he's about as welcome at ER as a dose eh the clap

Eyrie
30-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Which in the end fixed the club from top to bottom. He's still a cock tho.

The restructuring was due to the arrival of Dempster and Craig, not relegation.

Your assessment of Butcher is supported by all the evidence.

Borderhibbie76
30-09-2017, 10:06 AM
I don't believe any players down tools ( especially KT) .They just weren't good enough so you're comment is nonsenseThe players never downed tools...they were just rank rotten and managed by a pair of inept bullies

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Damn his eyes

sleeping giant
30-09-2017, 01:38 PM
He's a prick.

I still remember him laughing and boasting that he was still being paid by Hibs months after he was punted.
Saying stuff like his garden was looking lovely while he was still enjoying his wages.

Prick

Is It On....
30-09-2017, 01:54 PM

And yet he did the same in his next role as well. He regrets he is not a good manager (Inverness was the exception) and is unlikely to ever get another job.

leither17
30-09-2017, 01:56 PM
He can tell it to Ray Wilkins.

Glad I can agree with this rsther than reading the whole thread

lyonhibs
30-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Boy's an absolute welt. I wish him nothing but misery and failure in his career.