PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBS TV TO BROADCAST CELTIC GAME TO INTERNATIONAL SUBSCRIBERS

RSS Bot
29-09-2017, 02:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7942)

Off the bar
29-09-2017, 02:56 PM
ya beauty!

scooby
29-09-2017, 02:59 PM

FFS I've just paid £14.99 to watch it on smeltic tv.

Ich liebe Deek
29-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Great news

The Green Goblin
29-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Ya dancer!

houstonhibbee
29-09-2017, 05:40 PM

Woohoo!!!

Scott Allan Key
29-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Get a refund then.

JennaFletcher
29-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Can you pay per view this game?

Peevemor
29-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Back of the net!

I wonder if they've come to a reciprocal arrangement for a match at ER.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Can you pay per view this game?

No you need to take out a minimum of a month's subscription.

Peevemor
29-09-2017, 07:39 PM
No you need to take out a minimum of a month's subscription.
Which isn't that expensive.

green&left
29-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Which isn't that expensive.

Anyone know HibsTV works on android tablets? And can you pay using a UK bank card (currently on my hols in Canada)

FilipinoHibs
29-09-2017, 10:02 PM
ya beauty!

Yes will be watching in Singapore. Getting excited. Cmon the Hibs!

Peevemor
29-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Anyone know HibsTV works on android tablets? And can you pay using a UK bank card (currently on my hols in Canada)
Yes and yes.

Forza Fred
30-09-2017, 01:55 AM
A perfect 30th anniversary present for the Aussie Hibees!

Still Smiling
30-09-2017, 02:43 AM
Will be watching at 6am in Alaska. GGTTH

andyf5
30-09-2017, 04:36 AM

It does but you need a good wifi signal. Sometimes when abroad I have reverted to using my android phone to get a decent picture. I had some problems with my tablet thinking it was in the UK so I only got audio and a restart of the tablet a couple of times sorted that. I don't know what security they use to make sure you are abroad but I had traveled from the UK the day before. Another tip when getting a picture is to switch between the backup stream and the main stream and the good picture kicks in. The technology they use changes the quality of the picture according to what they think is the speed of your connection so sometimes I would get a heavily pixelated picture and other times HD on the same wifi signal. Hope all that helps!

Regards

Andy

Forza Fred
30-09-2017, 04:45 AM
Will be watching at 6am in Alaska. GGTTH

Midnight kick off in Sydney and Melbourne....

Radge70
30-09-2017, 11:29 AM

I wrote the following to webhelp@celticfc.com and received a full refund this morning. I think anyone else doing the same (so long as it's before kick-off) should be alright too:

Hi,

I am a Hibs Supporter who subscribed to Celtic TV specifically to watch tomorrows game between Celtic and Hibs.

Hibs TV, who I am also a subscriber to, today announced that they will be showing the game to international subscribers (see link below), presumably having first had to seek your permission.
With this in mind I wondered if you would be willing to refund the subscription fee I have already paid (£21.99 for the HD service) on the basis that I could never have known that this agreement with Hibs TV would have been made and there is now no need for me to use Celtic TV. Regardless of your decision, please can you also cancel the subscription in it's entirety and confirm that you have done so?

Your help with this would be much appreciated. Being a Hibs fan, I obviously haven't been using the service to date (other than for a few minutes to confirm that the video works) and it would be terribly disappointing if I had to pay for the service under these unfortunate circumstances. I hope you are able to understand :-)

My details are as follows:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7942
Username: = UserName
Agreement ID from Worldpay: = Agreement Number
Date I first subscribed: 24/09/2017

PS. This is in the interests of sporting integrity :na na::na na::na na:

scooby
30-09-2017, 11:39 AM
I wrote the following to webhelp@celticfc.com and received a full refund this morning. I think anyone else doing the same (so long as it's before kick-off) should be alright too:

Hi,

I am a Hibs Supporter who subscribed to Celtic TV specifically to watch tomorrows game between Celtic and Hibs.

Hibs TV, who I am also a subscriber to, today announced that they will be showing the game to international subscribers (see link below), presumably having first had to seek your permission.
With this in mind I wondered if you would be willing to refund the subscription fee I have already paid (£21.99 for the HD service) on the basis that I could never have known that this agreement with Hibs TV would have been made and there is now no need for me to use Celtic TV. Regardless of your decision, please can you also cancel the subscription in it's entirety and confirm that you have done so?

Your help with this would be much appreciated. Being a Hibs fan, I obviously haven't been using the service to date (other than for a few minutes to confirm that the video works) and it would be terribly disappointing if I had to pay for the service under these unfortunate circumstances. I hope you are able to understand :-)

My details are as follows:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7942
Username: = UserName
Agreement ID from Worldpay: = Agreement Number
Date I first subscribed: 24/09/2017

PS. This is in the interests of sporting integrity :na na::na na::na na:

Thanks, I'll give that a try now.
They might not be so obliging once we've humped them GGTH

Peevemor
30-09-2017, 12:09 PM
It does but you need a good wifi signal. Sometimes when abroad I have reverted to using my android phone to get a decent picture. I had some problems with my tablet thinking it was in the UK so I only got audio and a restart of the tablet a couple of times sorted that. I don't know what security they use to make sure you are abroad but I had traveled from the UK the day before. Another tip when getting a picture is to switch between the backup stream and the main stream and the good picture kicks in. The technology they use changes the quality of the picture according to what they think is the speed of your connection so sometimes I would get a heavily pixelated picture and other times HD on the same wifi signal. Hope all that helps!

Regards

Andy
Women and Wi-Fi are very similar in that there's little point in applying logic when trying to understand how they work.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Anyone else having a nightmare watching this on Hibs TV.

I've barely seen a thing.

Peevemor
30-09-2017, 02:42 PM

Perfect for me (touch wood)

Sir David Gray
30-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Perfect for me (touch wood)

Possibly my hotel's wifi playing up but it's been a total waste of time so far.

Wigson13
30-09-2017, 02:58 PM
It must be the hotels wifi mine is perfect in Florida

andyf5
30-09-2017, 02:58 PM
I changed the picture quality to 720 and it changed from rubbish to hd. Took 3 tries at different rates to get it to work.

Septimus
30-09-2017, 03:02 PM

I asked support and they told me to press the HD button, select a different number and refresh. This has worked for me. The HD button is at the bottom left side of the picture.

PeeJay
30-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Stream was perfect here in Berlin ... thanks to Hibs TV, enjoyed the game

Sir David Gray
30-09-2017, 04:19 PM
The second half was a bit better than the first.

I'm putting it down to a dodgy wifi connection. I only used Hibs TV today since I'm on holiday so I'm not sure what the usual quality is like but sounds like it's normally fine.

MileHighBees
30-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Stream was perfect here in Berlin ... thanks to Hibs TV, enjoyed the game

:agree:
Same here in Colorado
Think we also have to give some credit to Celtic FC for allowing Hibs TV to use their stream
Not many opponents have done that
I think that maybe Hibs TV were able to use the facilities at Tynecastle one time for a cup SF that wasn't on UK TV but not 100% sure
As I've said before and others have mentioned, it would be great if we had reciprocal agreements in place with other teams who also broadcast their games live
Let us use your feed and you can use ours when you visit ER :greengrin