PDA

View Full Version : 14000 Sevco Fans @ Marrayfield

Frazerbob
29-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Hearts have given Sevco up to 14k tickets for their game at Murrayfield. At £28 a pop, that's nearly £400k towards the new bus shelter "funding gap". Farce!

Hermit Crab
29-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Avoid Edinburgh that day. There will be carnage

jacomo
29-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Hearts have given Sevco up to 14k tickets for their game at Murrayfield. At £28 a pop, that's nearly £400k towards the new bus shelter "funding gap". Farce!

It won't be £400k profit though.

Hermit Crab
29-09-2017, 10:25 AM

They have to pay rent to the SRU, they get nothing from the catering either. They will also have to pay for the stewarding and extra police.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 10:25 AM

Less £65k VAT, less the SRU's share, ..... less security staff?

DH1875
29-09-2017, 10:28 AM

£250k-£300k profit is still a farce.

Wonder how many tickets we will get when we play them :greengrin

29-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Who do we play when they play the huns?

18Craig75
29-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Doesn’t even cover their total rental costs for their games at Murrayfield I’d bet.

Surprised at this - they only took 16k themselves to the Aberdeen game.

green day
29-09-2017, 10:32 AM

I am stunned that plod are allowing this - the 3500 that normally come along are bampots already so whats it going to be like when there are another 10000 or the neanderthals, especially if they lose to Hearts???

Bit of an own goal by Budge

Bobby Moore
29-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Will SEvco sell that many?:dunno:

Salt N Sauzee
29-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Motherwell away

oconnors_strip

Motherwell away. Hearts game kicks off at 12:30, will be fun in Edinburgh at lunch time

A lot of them won’t go because they hate Hearts for their hypocrisy regarding their financial issues.

Sergio sledge
29-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Doesn’t even cover their total rental costs for their games at Murrayfield I’d bet.

Surprised at this - they only took 16k themselves to the Aberdeen game.

They made more profit from the Aberdeen game than they would have done if it had been a normal game at Tynecastle, so if Rangers take 3 times as many fans this'll just increase their profit.

Mikey09
29-09-2017, 10:39 AM

Doesn't matter how much profit they're making these cheating ****ers knew exactly what they were up to when they sold season tickets for there new super duper stand whilst all along knowing they would be using Murrayfield. They're at it. As much as I hate The Rangers fans I hope they avoid the game and it costs them thousands instead of making them thousands.

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 10:41 AM
They have to pay rent to the SRU, they get nothing from the catering either. They will also have to pay for the stewarding and extra police.

Still be pulling in more money than what they would make at Tynecastle let’s not kid ourselves on here.

Frazerbob
29-09-2017, 10:42 AM
No danger the additional near £400k will be swallowed up by costs. They are making a killing out these games at Murrayfield. 7000 extra fans at the Sheep game, could be up to 15000 extra fans at the Huns game. That's well over half a million in extra ticket sales. You're not telling me the SRU rent and a few extra security costs £250k per game. With the likelyhood that the NY Derby will be there added to all the other games, it's not rediculous to suggest they'll make £1m or there abouts from their monumental **** up. All very dubious IMHO.

GreenOnions
29-09-2017, 10:47 AM
The unspeakable segregated from the undateable :agree:

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-09-2017, 10:49 AM
14k zombies in town for Halloween

Nicho87
29-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Started a thread about this topic last month with their 8 home games on the trot. Sporting integrity, none what so ever. If one team been playing their the other 10 should be as well.

Keith_M
29-09-2017, 11:07 AM
So what? I really don't see why anybody gets so worked up about this.

If they make some money towards their funding shortfall, how does it affect us?

MacGruber
29-09-2017, 11:08 AM
The tickets for Murrayfield should have been capped at the capacity of Tynecastle (pre stand demolition)

it's an out and out piss take. Teams were stopped by SPL for groundsharing in order to avoid teams making more money in bigger grounds, or switching grounds to play the old firm/big cup games.

They should have been hit in the pocket for their **** up instead they are profiteering. Probably be the difference in them pipping some other team to a signing in January.

Piss take

SirDavidsNapper
29-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Won't be any segregation. They'll all link arms and have a good old sing song together. Won't see them for all the union jacks

jijihibby
29-09-2017, 11:18 AM
It will be a bigot-fest.

G B Young
29-09-2017, 11:19 AM
I'd be surprised if sevco took 14k to the game, but I guess they probably have a lot of fans in Edinburgh who wouldn't normally go to a game and will maybe go to this one out of interest/novelty value. As others have pointed out I'm surprised the police have given this the nod and one can only assume the policing bill will be a lot higher - which will hopefully eat into any profit Hearts might make.

The exploitation of their failure to get their stand finished on schedule by arranging only the most money-spinning fixtures at Murrayfield is nauseating and I wouldn't be surprised if the ongoing 'go slow' on that crappy stand they're building is designed to ensure their next 'home' derby is played at SRU HQ. Aside from a shortfall in cash what else would explain the snail's pace progress on what is essentially just a bog standard football stand?

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Think it’s more the principal of it. They’ve cut Rangers Celtic and Aberdeen’s allocation of late at Tunis. Now come out with the begging bowl.

SirDavidsNapper
29-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Embarrassing. Only big clubs give the away team 14k tickets

iwasthere1972
29-09-2017, 11:27 AM

They should have given them 50K. Kept enough over for themselves.

WeeRussell
29-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Kind of agree - we could do the same thing if we really wanted to play our games at a rugby stadium.

Let them get on with it.

iwasthere1972
29-09-2017, 11:34 AM
As far as I know, it's on the old tellybox. A day for the telly and save yourself a few bob.

CentreLine
29-09-2017, 11:37 AM
The good people of Corstorphin and Murrayfield are going to be so delighted. 😱

iwasthere1972
29-09-2017, 11:39 AM
The good people of Corstorphin and Murrayfield are going to be so delighted. 😱

It's a difficult one. You want to go out for the day and get away from it all. On the other hand you don't want your property vandalised.

O'Rourke3
29-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Getting fed up of the outrage for every home game at MF for the diets. Any profit they make,and it won't be substantial, will be like chucking a sausage up a close in terms of making up any shortfall they have for the 8th Wonder of the architectural world. They've not planned the move they've massively cocked up. Enjoy.

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Getting fed up of the outrage for every home game at MF for the diets. Any profit they make,and it won't be substantial, will be like chucking a sausage up a close in terms of making up any shortfall they have for the 8th Wonder of the architectural world. They've not planned the move they've massively cocked up. Enjoy.
I'm not sure the sausage analogy really works there mate. Ive heard it be used in a whole different context :greengrin

O'Rourke3
29-09-2017, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure the sausage analogy really works there mate. Ive heard it be used in a whole different context :greengrin

I've used blind analogy instead of blind verse but at least someone got there :wink:

Carheenlea
29-09-2017, 11:53 AM
So, Rangers and Aberdeen, two of our closest rivals this season, play Hearts at not only a neutral stadium, but have the backing of 7,000 fans in Aberdeen's case and up to 15,000 for Rangers, but as it stands right now, we have to play them in the more hostile environment of Tynecastle, with under 4000 fans and on a small, tight pitch. Only in Scottish Football would this be classed as fair sport, and why this was allowed to happen in the first place is just baffling.
Given that the rest of the clubs who agreed this were clearly lied to from Anne Budge, Hearts should now be instructed to play at least a full round of fixtures at Murrayfield in the interests of creating some sort of level playing field.

Bristolhibby
29-09-2017, 12:52 PM
I'd be surprised if sevco took 14k to the game, but I guess they probably have a lot of fans in Edinburgh who wouldn't normally go to a game and will maybe go to this one out of interest/novelty value. As others have pointed out I'm surprised the police have given this the nod and one can only assume the policing bill will be a lot higher - which will hopefully eat into any profit Hearts might make.

The exploitation of their failure to get their stand finished on schedule by arranging only the most money-spinning fixtures at Murrayfield is nauseating and I wouldn't be surprised if the ongoing 'go slow' on that crappy stand they're building is designed to ensure their next 'home' derby is played at SRU HQ. Aside from a shortfall in cash what else would explain the snail's pace progress on what is essentially just a bog standard football stand?

Amateurish Project Management?
Incompetent sub-contractors?

J

Bristolhibby
29-09-2017, 12:53 PM
So, Rangers and Aberdeen, two of our closest rivals this season, play Hearts at not only a neutral stadium, but have the backing of 7,000 fans in Aberdeen's case and up to 15,000 for Rangers, but as it stands right now, we have to play them in the more hostile environment of Tynecastle, with under 4000 fans and on a small, tight pitch. Only in Scottish Football would this be classed as fair sport, and why this was allowed to happen in the first place is just baffling.
Given that the rest of the clubs who agreed this were clearly lied to from Anne Budge, Hearts should now be instructed to play at least a full round of fixtures at Murrayfield in the interests of creating some sort of level playing field.

You are assuming we won’t be at Murrayfield on the 27th December.

I’d say there’s a strong chance that we can turn that fixture into another home game for us. Neutral at worst. People will go for the novelty value.

J

Golden Bear
29-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Let's hope that part of the rental is based on a percentage of the gate money.

GreenCastle
29-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Anyone surprised ?

The heart and soul of Edinburgh must be cringiest tag line possible.

They sold their soul as a club with Vlad - then add that to all the businesses, charity and Heriot Watt who they bumped for cash.

The farce with the new stand and allowing potentially close to more away fans than home is embarrassing.

If this was Hibs I would be asking serious questions.

Such a cheap club with no morals - no heart and no soul !

DH1875
29-09-2017, 01:00 PM

I’d say there’s a strong chance that we can turn that fixture into another home game for us. Neutral at worst. People will go for the novelty value.

J

Wonder how many tickets we'd get if it did happen.

SirDavidsNapper
29-09-2017, 01:27 PM
They are a trully soulless, empty club.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Wee clubs often give additional tickets when the old firm visit.

Hearts are just copying Killie etc.

Stokesy's on fire
29-09-2017, 02:04 PM
who cares? People on here are way to obsessed with whats going on at Hearts games.

southern hibby
29-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Genuine question. What happens if Hibs complain and say sorry but we're not prepared to play at Muddyfield?
I understand we agreed to changing venues but this was for originally several weeks not months, so does our agreement still stand or does it throw a spanner in the jambo's plans if we disagree to the game there?

if we did disagree to play there and game was at Tynie how many tickets would we get ( if any ) because they'd probably give all seats available to their ST holders? How many fans would be extremely peeved off by missing the game?

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Genuine question. What happens if Hibs complain and say sorry but we're not prepared to play at Muddyfield?
I understand we agreed to changing venues but this was for originally several weeks not months, so does our agreement still stand or does it throw a spanner in the jambo's plans if we disagree to the game there?

if we did disagree to play there and game was at Tynie how many tickets would we get ( if any ) because they'd probably give all seats available to their ST holders? How many fans would be extremely peeved off by missing the game?

GGTTH

I’m sure Tynie will be available by the time we visit in late December

ancient hibee
29-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Posters are forgetting to deduct the number of fans who would have been at Tynecastle when arriving at a potential profit for Murrayfield.However should we play there I look forward to netters demanding that our allocation be reduced to the usual Tynecastle number.As for trying to reduce the number of spectators at a match when did that become a good idea?

Hermit Crab
29-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Posters are forgetting to deduct the number of fans who would have been at Tynecastle when arriving at a potential profit for Murrayfield.However should we play there I look forward to netters demanding that our allocation be reduced to the usual Tynecastle number.As for trying to reduce the number of spectators at a match when did that become a good idea?

Don't be silly, however we could not complain if we only got 3400 tickets as thats our max at Tynie.

LNHibs
29-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Cant believe they are letting the huns bring 14k but at the end of the day they have a stand to pay for. We would probably do the same and if we didn't we would be silly not to. Theyre not cheating anyone get off your high horses and stop worrying about what that lot are getting up to its embarrassing

brog
29-09-2017, 03:09 PM
who cares? People on here are way to obsessed with whats going on at Hearts games.

I care. Our main rivals are once again profiting from their own incompetence & dishonesty. Budge has stated that Yams made more profit out of Dons' game at Murrayfield than they would have made at PBS. The'll make much more than that from Sevco game. We're now fishing in the same pond as Yams. Every extra penny they make potentially gives them an advantage over us to attract players & yes I know we dodged a bullet with Laugherty. It's the "what does it matter" attitude that has allowed us to be screwed by the Council for decades while they continually receive favourable treatment. We played in front of reduced crowds while we upgraded our ground. They make a profit out of their shambolic project management. We almost lost our club because of their previous dishonest ambitions. Personally I hope our club is monitoring this situation & is prepared to take a stand (with no seats) if necessary.

where'stheslope
29-09-2017, 03:35 PM
(Tin Hat on!!!)

Maybe they are trying to get extra games in at Muddifield as they expect to be playing Champions League next season, and that's where they would need to play as their place is substandard for Europe!!!!!!

Carheenlea
29-09-2017, 03:47 PM

J

Right now we have to assume we won't be at Murrayfield, but there is obviously a good chance of the game actually being played there. It's more like The Lothian Amateur League than the SPFL.

Frazerbob
29-09-2017, 03:51 PM

I’m not. 7000 extra fans at Sheep game plus potentially 15000 extra fans at Huns game. 22000 x £28 = £616000 (less consesions) is where I got the circa half a million figure from 2 games.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 04:04 PM
I’m not. 7000 extra fans at Sheep game plus potentially 15000 extra fans at Huns game. 22000 x £28 = £616000 (less consesions) is where I got the circa half a million figure from 2 games.

The better part of £100k of that is VAT.

And then there's the SRU share, the extent of which no-one yet seems to know.

Frazerbob
29-09-2017, 04:11 PM
The better part of £100k of that is VAT.

And then there's the SRU share, the extent of which no-one yet seems to know.

I know this. Still a very healthy surplus.

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Correct, does anyone seriously think Hearts will not profit at all with this? Doesn’t matter how large or small they WILL get more money from this game than at Tynecastle, so for that reason it’s a joke.

CraigHibee
29-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Hearts know fine well what they are doing, they've robbed for years. Although murrayfield is a far bigger (and superior stadium to that rusting hulk across the road from it) hearts should be limited to what their stadium capacity is at tynie for ticket sales.

If we are short of cash we should maybe ask the sru if we can play a couple of matches there to bump up our coffers like they poppy thieves are doing

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 04:26 PM
So what if they get more money out of it, good for them.

We constantly hear about the Scottish game being skint yet there's a chance for a club to make a bit more cash, why shouldn't they take it?

Their rivals in the bottom six like Ross Co & Hamilton don't seem to have an issue with it. The only folk complaining are some Hibs fans. Surprising eh!!

Sir David Gray
29-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Hearts should only be allowed to sell the same amount of tickets that the new Tynecastle would be able to accommodate.

It's a nonsense that Sevco are getting up to 14000 tickets.

Brooster
29-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Rotten to the core, incapable of playing ball....I cant stand them. And make no mistake......Rangers will sell 14k no probs.

yonder1875
29-09-2017, 04:38 PM

We constantly hear about the Scottish game being skint yet there's a chance for a club to make a bit more cash, why shouldn't they take it?

Their rivals in the bottom six like Ross Co & Hamilton don't seem to have an issue with it. The only folk complaining are some Hibs fans. Surprising eh!!

**** them.

MacGruber
29-09-2017, 04:41 PM
I care. Our main rivals are once again profiting from their own incompetence & dishonesty. Budge has stated that Yams made more profit out of Dons' game at Murrayfield than they would have made at PBS. The'll make much more than that from Sevco game. We're now fishing in the same pond as Yams. Every extra penny they make potentially gives them an advantage over us to attract players & yes I know we dodged a bullet with Laugherty. It's the "what does it matter" attitude that has allowed us to be screwed by the Council for decades while they continually receive favourable treatment. We played in front of reduced crowds while we upgraded our ground. They make a profit out of their shambolic project management. We almost lost our club because of their previous dishonest ambitions. Personally I hope our club is monitoring this situation & is prepared to take a stand (with no seats) if necessary.

Exactly

Sean1875
29-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Thank god im in Liverpool that weekend - 14k zombies roaming around Edinburgh is a horrific thought.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 04:54 PM
**** them.

:aok:

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 04:54 PM
:agree: They're milking it, and in usual hearts fashion they're bending the rules to gain an unfair advantage over other teams in the league. They're a pathetic bunch of desperate low life's. Every other team managed to build stands without anything like this happening.

Bishop Hibee
29-09-2017, 04:59 PM
What do the local residents have to say about this or is the local Councillor another Hertz lover?

lyonhibs
29-09-2017, 05:03 PM

"Prepared to take a stand with no seats"?!? I'm aware that may be a play on words or something but are you serious?

Ultimately, if they are paying the full rental price for Murrayfield they are within their rights to flog oodles of tickets whether we like it or not.

I won't be losing any sleep over it.

easty
29-09-2017, 05:04 PM
What do the local residents have to say about this or is the local Councillor another Hertz lover?

When do the local residents ever have a say on what's going on at Murrayfield?

Leith Green
29-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Jambo I know was telling me that Hearts only make money on the first 20k seats sold , agreement wih Murrayfield is anything over 20k goes direct to the SRU .. He seemed pretty sure of his info to be fair ..

Jack Hackett
29-09-2017, 05:12 PM

So it's OK for our rivals to gain a financial advantage having mismanaged/engineered this whole situation? They've sold season tickets for seats which don't exist, using this as an excuse to move games because they can't house the mugs who bought them. Other clubs have made sacrifices by either playing in front of 3 stands, or using another ground for a round of fixtures, which gave all clubs the same venue for the away fixture. They're taking the piss.

oconnors_strip
29-09-2017, 05:14 PM

I live right behind the murrayfield hotel and not looking forward to having a street full of Huns that day. Will be like a war zone trying to get out for the bus to the Hibs match! :aok:

CentreLine
29-09-2017, 05:15 PM

They had plenty to say about some of the music gigs that went on there. Just not their type of fans. I seem to remember there were a huge number of complaints after one particular gig, think it was Oasis? Either way the residents around Murrayfield have not been slow to make their views known on occasion. 14.5k West Coast fans may just cause a curtain or two to twitch down Murrayfield way.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 05:15 PM
I live right behind the murrayfield hotel and not looking forward to having a street full of Huns that day. Will be like a war zone trying to get out for the bus to the Hibs match! :aok:

Please don't wear your green scarf. :greengrin

CentreLine
29-09-2017, 05:17 PM

That would be seen as deliberate intimidation

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 05:18 PM
So it's OK for our rivals to gain a financial advantage having mismanaged/engineered this whole situation? They've sold season tickets for seats which don't exist, using this as an excuse to move games because they can't house the mugs who bought them. Other clubs have made sacrifices by either playing in front of 3 stands, or using another ground for a round of fixtures, which gave all clubs the same venue for the away fixture. They're taking the piss.
Exactly. For some reason the poster you quoted seems happy to turn the other cheek to almost anything. Hearts have made an almighty mess of this situation, and are using it to make some extra cash from it. I wonder if the apologists will be happy if they out bid us for a player in the January window, or finish a place above us due to recruiting players they otherwise might not have afforded.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Jambo I know was telling me that Hearts only make money on the first 20k seats sold , agreement wih Murrayfield is anything over 20k goes direct to the SRU .. He seemed pretty sure of his info to be fair ..

This isn't a pop at you at all, but it's about the 7th or 8th different story we've heard about the arrangements.

If it is true, it would be a reasonable deal IMO, and would undermine a lot of the anger on here.

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 05:21 PM
This isn't a pop at you at all, but it's about the 7th or 8th different story we've heard about the arrangements.

If it is true, it would be a reasonable deal IMO, and would undermine a lot of the anger on here.
Depends if it's 20k after season tickets. If not then I don't see why hearts would give the Huns so many tickets.

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Depends if it's 20k after season tickets. If not then I don't see why hearts would give the Huns so many tickets.

Money mate - she's said they're making money from the move to Murrayfield due to ticket sales and by need as much as they can get.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 05:27 PM

To add to the party atmosphere, of course FFS. :greengrin

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Money mate - she's said they're making money from the move to Murrayfield due to ticket sales and by need as much as they can get.
That's exactly why I think they're giving the Hun so many tickets, but someone said that the SRU were keeping all the money from sales over 20k.

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 05:32 PM
To add to the party atmosphere, of course FFS. :greengrin
The other possibility is that it's true that the SRU is keeping all the money for tickets over 20k and it's them that's decided on the away allocation. Hearts aren't really in a position to negotiate. I doubt that's the case if I'm being honest, but you never know.

oconnors_strip
29-09-2017, 05:33 PM

Spoil sport, was going to have the proclaimers on full blast and Windows open :greengrin

Keith_M
29-09-2017, 05:38 PM
..... Theyre not cheating anyone get off your high horses and stop worrying about what that lot are getting up to its embarrassing

This

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 05:40 PM

What a very strange post!

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Spoil sport, was going to have the proclaimers on full blast and Windows open :greengrinAnd, as you drive past, make sure you bless every one of them [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 05:49 PM
The other possibility is that it's true that the SRU is keeping all the money for tickets over 20k and it's them that's decided on the away allocation. Hearts aren't really in a position to negotiate. I doubt that's the case if I'm being honest, but you never know.Thinking about it from the SRU's point of view, it would be a risky move. For example, it's unlikely that there would be more than 20k for the St Johnstone game.... so no cash there.

Unless they (the SRU) are looking at it as a 3 game package.

oconnors_strip
29-09-2017, 05:50 PM
And, as you drive past, make sure you bless every one of them [emoji48]

Amen :greengrin 👽

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 06:10 PM
What a very strange post!

Whatever they make is a drop in the ocean compared to what they need.

It's just that no other clubs fans seem bothered at all about it apart from ours?

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Exactly. For some reason the poster you quoted seems happy to turn the other cheek to almost anything.

:cb:cb:na na::greengrin

ShinyFantastic
29-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Boo hoo. Who cares.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Boo hoo. Who cares.People who post on the thread, that's who [emoji11]

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Whatever they make is a drop in the ocean compared to what they need.

It's just that no other clubs fans seem bothered at all about it apart from ours?

But it’s the fact they are lying their ***** off to get extra cash that’s the problem. Are we now turning a blind eye to this as well? Maybe they could start getting players they can’t afford again after all no one seems to care. Not having a go at you but it’s this attitude that has allowed these clowns to get away with what they like for god knows how many years.

Budge has seen a chance to make some cash and has lied as per (she has history) usual. Statements to fans LIES statements to press LIES. But hey-ho its only a small amount!!

Scott Allan Key
29-09-2017, 06:29 PM
If we ARE to play at Murrayfield, we get 14000 too. If it's disclosed Hearts make no money above 20000 sales that is.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 06:38 PM
But it’s the fact they are lying their ***** off to get extra cash that’s the problem. Are we now turning a blind eye to this as well? Maybe they could start getting players they can’t afford again after all no one seems to care. Not having a go at you but it’s this attitude that has allowed these clowns to get away with what they like for god knows how many years.

Budge has seen a chance to make some cash and has lied as per (she has history) usual. Statements to fans LIES statements to press LIES. But hey-ho its only a small amount!!

No argument from me on any of that.

Bear in mind that Hearts are more than capable of screwing everything up on a monumental scale all by themselves. Massive wages for the likes of Martin and Lafferty will ensure that they'll be skint for years to come whilst the rest of their stadium continues to rot.

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 06:40 PM
No argument from me on any of that.

Bear in mind that Hearts are more than capable of screwing everything up on a monumental scale all by themselves. Massive wages for the likes of Martin and Lafferty will ensure that they'll be skint for years to come whilst the rest of their stadium continues to rot.

They really do deserve everything they get. Disgusting club it really is!

McD
29-09-2017, 06:53 PM

Where did she say this?

Aldo
29-09-2017, 06:56 PM
They have known exactly what they have been doing from day 1 and if the authorities cannot see this then they are as corrupt as the yams.

What I will say is that the have LIED and LIED for years and after robbing charities and local businesses does this really surprise us??

At the end of the day they will have a stadium with a capacity of less than 20k and a new mega modern single tier main stand with restricted views that has cost in the region of £15 million quid to date. They will also borrow more should there be a need to do so.

They sold ST's for a ground that they knew wouldn't be ready and blame a mistake because their stand won't be ready... their mess they should be forced to play in front of 3 stands. Simple as that.

Cheats do prosper and this is plain and clear to see. Call it bitter call it seethe but as a club it shows that regardless who is in charge they always make excuses and try and con folk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
29-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Where did she say this?
She told it to herself in a Q&A at the Hearts Shareholders' Association Meeting

TheReg!
29-09-2017, 06:58 PM
If we ARE to play at Murrayfield, we get 14000 too. If it's disclosed Hearts make no money above 20000 sales that is.

I hope we are mate, how good would it be to play a derby there.

Tornadoes70
29-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Pretty certain Scottish Rugby would have negotiated a fixed fee for the usage of their stadium. Would make sense rather than gambling on x amount of fans attending above a negotiated number.

:flag:

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 07:03 PM
They have known exactly what they have been doing from day 1 and if the authorities cannot see this then they are as corrupt as the yams.

What I will say is that the have LIED and LIED for years and after robbing charities and local businesses does this really surprise us??

At the end of the day they will have a stadium with a capacity of less than 20k and a new mega modern single tier main stand with restricted views that has cost in the region of £15 million quid to date. They will also borrow more should there be a need to do so.

They sold ST's for a ground that they knew wouldn't be ready and blame a mistake because their stand won't be ready... their mess they should be forced to play in front of 3 stands. Simple as that.

Cheats do prosper and this is plain and clear to see. Call it bitter call it seethe but as a club it shows that regardless who is in charge they always make excuses and try and con folk!

:top marksWell said Aldo.

al1875
29-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Avoid Edinburgh that day. There will be carnage

Was my first thought too

brog
29-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Where did she say this?

See P149 of Yams stand thread. She also said it made financial sense to give Sevco fans up to 14,500 tickets so I'm afraid the comment about income over 20,000 attendance going to SRU cannot be correct.

brog
29-09-2017, 07:37 PM

Cannot be true based on what Budge said at Shareholders'meeting. Also wouldn't make sense to give your opponents extra seats if you weren't getting any income from them.

cleanyman
29-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Hearts are making good cash.

The guy who looks after it all comes to my tennis.

Betty Boop
29-09-2017, 08:48 PM

Makes you wonder why Leeann and Budge are all palsy walsy ?

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Makes you wonder why Leeann and Budge are all palsy walsy ?

Are they? I know they speak but genuinely didn’t know they were close.

greenginger
29-09-2017, 10:00 PM

Budge is a local resident and the good people of Murrayfield know where she stays . :greengrin

easty
29-09-2017, 10:17 PM
They had plenty to say about some of the music gigs that went on there. Just not their type of fans. I seem to remember there were a huge number of complaints after one particular gig, think it was Oasis? Either way the residents around Murrayfield have not been slow to make their views known on occasion. 14.5k West Coast fans may just cause a curtain or two to twitch down Murrayfield way.

Really? I lived in Roseburn Crescent, not many houses closer to the stadium than mines, and we were never consulted about gigs that were going to be at murrayfield.

Eyrie
29-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Pretty certain Scottish Rugby would have negotiated a fixed fee for the usage of their stadium. Would make sense rather than gambling on x amount of fans attending above a negotiated number.

:flag:

It could be that there is a set fee, plus an extra charge per fan over 20,000.

That would explain both Budge's comment about cashing in on the Aberdeen support and the bit about the 20k limit.

Crazyhorse
29-09-2017, 10:51 PM

The Scottish football authorities corrupt? Really? I'm disappointed I thought they were a bastion of decency who always applied the rules to every club without fear or favour.

Tornadoes70
29-09-2017, 11:24 PM
The Scottish football authorities corrupt? Really? I'm disappointed I thought they were a bastion of decency who always applied the rules to every club without fear or favour.

I assume this is a wind up?

:greengrin

Tornadoes70
29-09-2017, 11:28 PM
It could be that there is a set fee, plus an extra charge per fan over 20,000.

That would explain both Budge's comment about cashing in on the Aberdeen support and the bit about the 20k limit.

That could be an explanation but why would there then be a ceiling on the limit as the SRU would be looking to maximise their potential income from numbers above the 20 000. Its certainly speculative and calls for a degree of belief, not saying you're wrong just whats likely thats all mate.

GGTTH

Mikey09
29-09-2017, 11:40 PM
So give The Rangers 14,000 tickets as there's an opportunity to make cash they desperately need yet restrict them to 1400 when it suits them back at The PBS?! No wonder the old firm think they prop up Scottish Fitba with **** like this going on.

Bristolhibby
30-09-2017, 12:23 AM

Water bombs on standby.

J

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2017, 05:08 AM
Water bombs on standby.

J

"Water" bombs

Golden Bear
30-09-2017, 07:47 AM
As a side issue, I can't remember when both Hibs and hertz were away from home on league business on the same day. Must be the fault of that fixtures computer again.

Bishop Hibee
30-09-2017, 07:58 AM

There must be guidelines on how often and for what Murrayfield can be used. I'd have thought the local community council might have something to say to their councillors.

macca70
30-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Won't be any segregation. They'll all link arms and have a good old sing song together. Won't see them for all the union jacks

It will be like last night at the proms - Rule Brittania and all the Union Jack waving

danhibees1875
30-09-2017, 09:09 AM
I don't get it; we laughed at the delays that meant they couldn't play at tynie and now cry foul cause they're making money? I think given the choice, they'd be playing at tynecastle all season - that hasn't happened and their making good use of the situation. Hopefully it helps others get points off them - people are dreaming if they think we'll end up streaks ahead of hearts at the end of the season.

therealgavmac
30-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Anyone surprised ?

The heart and soul of Edinburgh must be cringiest tag line possible.

They sold their soul as a club with Vlad - then add that to all the businesses, charity and Heriot Watt who they bumped for cash.

The farce with the new stand and allowing potentially close to more away fans than home is embarrassing.

If this was Hibs I would be asking serious questions.

Such a cheap club with no morals - no heart and no soul !

They stole that from the Scarlets I suppose, and ironic the rugby connection :wink:

Thecat23
30-09-2017, 11:27 AM
I don't get it; we laughed at the delays that meant they couldn't play at tynie and now cry foul cause they're making money? I think given the choice, they'd be playing at tynecastle all season - that hasn't happened and their making good use of the situation. Hopefully it helps others get points off them - people are dreaming if they think we'll end up streaks ahead of hearts at the end of the season.

We laughed because we knew it wouldn’t be ready. Some now are pissed as it’s clear this was planned from the start. All the lies in Ann Budgets statements recently or did I imagine them? They should have been playing in front of 3 stands simple as that.

Oh and I think we’ll finish 10+ clear because they are awful.

NAE NOOKIE
30-09-2017, 11:46 AM
In all honesty I'm not bothered what the Yams do during their stay at Murrayfield ..... The SPFL have sanctioned their use of the place and they would be daft not to take advantage of the chance to raise as much money as possible. Yes there is a point of view that the extra money could be an advantage to them on the pitch, but when you consider they spent over 50 million quid and only managed two Scottish cups I cant say I'm exactly quaking in my boots at the prospect. :greengrin

heretoday
30-09-2017, 11:52 AM
14,000 morons wandering about Corstorphine? Get the brochures out, darling. I fancy a long weekend!