PDA

View Full Version : Koeman

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Everton currently 0-1 at home to Limassol. He spent over £100 million in the summer and has a very good squad on paper, but they're really struggling. Is he next for the chop? Desperately needs a win tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Rooney 1-1. Big goal.

Mibbes Aye
28-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Everton currently 0-1 at home to Limassol. He spent over £100 million in the summer and has a very good squad on paper, but they're really struggling. Is he next for the chop? Desperately needs a win tonight.

I think he's spent well. I think his problem is that Spurs have retained their squad and Man U and Man C have strengthened. When you add in Arsenal gaining Lacazette and Lpool retaining Coutinho, then it makes CL qualification practically impossible.

Everton need to keep moving. A couple of seasons ago they had probably the easiest defence to name - you knew who the back five were. Players like Sygurrdson take them on to another level, but they need to keep building on that.

Onceinawhile
28-09-2017, 07:38 PM

Squad completely devoid of pace.

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2017, 07:40 PM

And a centre forward. According to all my mates who are raging they never bought a decent replacement.

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 07:41 PM

Yes that's immediately noticeable. Good technical players but easy to close down.

Tyler Durden
28-09-2017, 08:09 PM
I think he's spent well. I think his problem is that Spurs have retained their squad and Man U and Man C have strengthened. When you add in Arsenal gaining Lacazette and Lpool retaining Coutinho, then it makes CL qualification practically impossible.

Everton need to keep moving. A couple of seasons ago they had probably the easiest defence to name - you knew who the back five were. Players like Sygurrdson take them on to another level, but they need to keep building on that.

Basically bought three number 10s in Rooney, Sigurrdaon and Davy Klaasen - none of them with any pace.

They wanted a Giroud or Costa for number 9 which was always a bit unrealistic to be honest. Taking Dembele from Celtic would have been a better strategy. Instead they will need to give Niasse a chance.

Should still be 7th or 8th but talk of top 4 was always bonkers

JimBHibees
28-09-2017, 08:22 PM

Also clearly haven't replaced lukaku and does sigurdsson not play same position as Rooney.

frazeHFC
28-09-2017, 08:23 PM
They've had a really tough league start games wise but in Europe they've certainly not been convincing. Definitely lacking a top out and out striker.

Not In The Know
28-09-2017, 08:26 PM
I hate english football.

Mibbes Aye
28-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Basically bought three number 10s in Rooney, Sigurrdaon and Davy Klaasen - none of them with any pace.

They wanted a Giroud or Costa for number 9 which was always a bit unrealistic to be honest. Taking Dembele from Celtic would have been a better strategy. Instead they will need to give Niasse a chance.

Should still be 7th or 8th but talk of top 4 was always bonkers

Also clearly haven't replaced lukaku and does sigurdsson not play same position as Rooney.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I think it's clear that they will drop Rooney back. In time he will probably sit alongside an out and out defensive midfielder in some sort of 4-2-3-1. At the moment he still can just about do the job behind the striker. That allows Sigurrdson to play. Klaasen is young enough to be the replacement that allows Sigurrdson to drop back or just be competition.

Mr White
28-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Nothing against Everton but that's quite funny :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Limassol go down to ten men then equalise. Things just aren't going for Everton at the moment.

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 09:00 PM
A home draw against a team from Cyprus isn't good enough. One point from their opening two Europa League fixtures. Koeman needs some wins quickly.

madhatter
28-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Why not play Niasse? Rooney is so slow.

They must have been unfortunate with injuries because where is Bolasie?

Quite like Everton but they are a shambles. Good players in most positions, poor team.

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Why not play Niasse? Rooney is so slow.

They must have been unfortunate with injuries because where is Bolasie?

Quite like Everton but they are a shambles. Good players in most positions, poor team.

They left Niasse out of Europa squad registration so he can't play.

madhatter
28-09-2017, 09:12 PM
They left Niasse out of Europa squad registration so he can't play.

That explains it. How stupid of them...

Midfield with very little creativity and lacking pace added to a poor frontline...

Niasse is the most dynamic striker they have and they don't even have him in the squad for Europe...stupid.

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Burnley at home on Sunday. Lose that and it could be curtains?

SirDavidsNapper
28-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Rooney is the only Everton player I know. I'm so out of touch with English football

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2017, 09:16 PM

Midfield with very little creativity and lacking pace added to a poor frontline...

Niasse is the most dynamic striker they have and they don't even have him in the squad for Europe...stupid.

Was not rated by Koeman and sent to train with U23's at one point, so out of favour they left him out. Now they need him........

heretoday
28-09-2017, 09:27 PM

He wasn't very dynamic at the time the squad was picked.

Halifaxhibby
28-09-2017, 10:26 PM
incedentally.....wtf is kevin campbell wearing on stv highlights show???

heretoday
28-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Everton actually looked quite good going forward in the second half. The problem was the central defence - Williams in particular - who couldn't cope with crosses.

pacorosssco
28-09-2017, 11:08 PM
I hate english football.
Well said.

ChicagoHibee
28-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Rooney is the only Everton player I know. I'm so out of touch with English football

Oh, come on man. Leighton Baines has been there since the 70s.

pacorosssco
28-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Well said.
Also the money spent is net 50 million which epl is going rate. Id say same finish as last season is a real target but footy is mad.Is klopp Wenger under as much pressure?? Rooney was signed for off field marketing not ability and hes blown that in weeks. Great player but finished

Baader
28-09-2017, 11:31 PM

He only signed about 10 weeks ago so you're quite up to speed! Unless you haven't seen him in 13 years. In which case he left, became Man Utds record goalscorer then went back. :wink:

edinburghhibee
29-09-2017, 02:18 AM
The boy they signed and sent to Anderlecht on loan looked decent last night I thought against Celtic. Black lad on the left wing. Tricky wee player with plenty pace. Few silly offsides tho which get on my goat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Sacked. It's been on the cards.

cabbageandribs1875
23-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Cathro fav

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2017, 12:54 PM
I lumped on Arsenal yesterday at 7/2 when a goal down. Everton are a mess, and look devoid of any idea despite spending quite a bit in the summer.

Why anyone would bring in Wayne Rooney and pay his type of wages to play out of position should be sacked.

He's finished bar the odd piece of class he can show, and no width, no quality at the back, there's only one way that club is going and its down the division.

I bet David Moyes is licking his lips, only a week or so ago he was probably thinking the best job i will get is the Scotland one, now he will be after his old job back and might even get it?

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Spent a fortune over the summer and have plenty of new faces. A couple of months into the season and a new manager needed; a manager who mightn't rate Koeman's expensive signings.

They've some fine players there and need to find the guy who can make it work.

JimBHibees
23-10-2017, 01:03 PM
I lumped on Arsenal yesterday at 7/2 when a goal down. Everton are a mess, and look devoid of any idea despite spending quite a bit in the summer.

Why anyone would bring in Wayne Rooney and pay his type of wages to play out of position should be sacked.

He's finished bar the odd piece of class he can show, and no width, no quality at the back, there's only one way that club is going and its down the division.

I bet David Moyes is licking his lips, only a week or so ago he was probably thinking the best job i will get is the Scotland one, now he will be after his old job back and might even get it?

Wow incredible price that. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Spent a fortune over the summer and have plenty of new faces. A couple of months into the season and a new manager needed; a manager who mightn't rate Koeman's expensive signings.

They've some fine players there and need to find the guy who can make it work.

I have seen a bit more of Everton than i'd normally see this season, and i'd have to disagree with you there. I think they are a poor side, with some ageing players who have seen their best days.

Lukaku scored a lot for them, and those goals have not been replaced.

The kids that are coming through i can't really comment on, as i have not seen enough of them yet, but from what i have seen this season i don't rate this team at all.

JimBHibees
23-10-2017, 01:05 PM
I have seen a bit more of Everton than i'd normally see this season, and i'd have to disagree with you there. I think they are a poor side, with some ageing players who have seen their best days.

Lukaku scored a lot for them, and those goals have not been replaced.

The kids that are coming through i can't really comment on, as i have not seen enough of them yet, but from what i have seen this season i don't rate this team at all.

Agree with that thought they looked horrific yesterday. Williams Rooney Jagielka all look in the latter stages of their careers.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Agree with that thought they looked horrific yesterday. Williams Rooney Jagielka all look in the latter stages of their careers.

Yip, and Baines too. Rooney for me is spent, Williams looks way too heavy and is not mobile enough anymore, and Jagielka has not been good enough for a year or so.

If i was an Everton fan, i'd be worried. Probably not enough to be relegated, although under Koeman you never know.

The new man has a job on his hands.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Wow incredible price that. :greengrin

Thats what i thought, i had £80 in a skybet account that was all over that. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Certainly a big job for the new manager, but I do think there is quality in the squad; certainly much more quality than their form suggests. Koeman, however, didn't seem to know how he wanted them to play, and confidence is rock bottom. I wouldn't be surprised to see them improve, with the right manager.

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2017, 01:50 PM
One thing I would add is they are desperately short of pace in the team. It's all too predictable; at the top level teams must be able to move the ball quickly and stretch sides.