PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Are You A ST Holder Unable To Attend The Derby?

Chuck Rhoades
28-09-2017, 06:36 PM
We have had several "sell outs" over the past 3-4 seasons; however it's not uncommon for there to be hundreds of empty seats during the match itself.

If you are a season ticker holder who is unable to attend the upcoming Derby, why not contact the ticket office on 0131 656 7066 and have you seat released for another supporter to purchase? This way, everyone benefits - fellow supporters, the club and the players.

It would be great to see ER as packed as possible and all unused ST released for sale to supporters looking for a ticket.

hibee
28-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Not sure everyone benefits from this, what does the season ticket holder get?

The_Exile
28-09-2017, 06:48 PM
A warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Arch Stanton
28-09-2017, 06:49 PM

What does the ST holder lose by doing it? It certainly benefits Hibs thats for sure.

Up till now it hasn't been an imperative as seats were available in the South (I think that's right anyway). But this time the South won't be available so no excuses if you don't bother to re-cycle tickets - it will make a difference.

Wembley67
28-09-2017, 06:52 PM

Jesus. Are you genuinely expecting something in return for helping our club?

Billy Whizz
28-09-2017, 06:59 PM
It would be nice if most of the seats in the FF5 lower that are unused most weeks, were released back to Hibs. £25 seats/tickets that hardly ever have fans in them??????

Good post Bounceross

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Agree about the empty seats in the FF. It's folk basically paying £25 to guarantee themselves cup final tickets with no intention of the seats being used through the season.

Not so sure about folk giving up their ST for a random to take the seat. Could be a right ass who buys it and your mates or family have to suffer!

weecounty hibby
28-09-2017, 07:13 PM

Ask not what your club can do for you, but rather what you can do for your club! I did it myself for the Motherwell game when me and the boy were in the Dunbar end with my daughter. Could see folk sitting in our seats in FF upper

Onceinawhile
28-09-2017, 07:20 PM

A football club with more disposable income? This better players?

Anyway I'll probably put one or both of my son's season ticket seats back up as there's no chance they'll make it.

It would be good if it was easier to do though e.g. online.

I'm_cabbaged
Sorry for being ignorant, but will the club not recompense some of the money to the st holder?

hibee
Jesus. Are you genuinely expecting something in return for helping our club?

I’ll be in my seat so no I’m not expecting anything, it was a question but it’s probably been answered now, they don’t appear to get anything.

Season ticket holders already help by buying in advance, I assume the majority of empty seats are people taking advantage of the cheap kids seats in the FF lower just to get a cup ticket.

Onceinawhile
28-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Sorry for being ignorant, but will the club not recompense some of the money to the st holder?

No.

Onceinawhile
28-09-2017, 07:23 PM
I’ll be in my seat so no I’m not expecting anything, it was a question but it’s probably been answered now, they don’t appear to get anything.

Season ticket holders already help by buying in advance, I assume the majority of empty seats are people taking advantage of the cheap kids seats in the FF lower just to get a cup ticket.

The last few sold out games the east stand had much bigger gaps than the ff lower. Yet for some reason no one there gets stick.

Presumably because it's easier to slate people under 12 who have no right to reply.

I'm_cabbaged
28-09-2017, 07:24 PM
No.

Really? That's **** tbh , why not?

Hillsidehibby
28-09-2017, 07:27 PM
To be fair I think the huns give you credit for next seasons ticket if you do this. Maybe Hibs could give this a thought?

If I struggle to go to a game I have enough mates who will gladly take my ticket the tight fisted bar stewards.

Arch Stanton
28-09-2017, 07:38 PM
The last few sold out games the east stand had much bigger gaps than the ff lower. Yet for some reason no one there gets stick.

Presumably because it's easier to slate people under 12 who have no right to reply.

Must be a lot of people from the East just go in and squeeze in with their mates - standing or even sitting in the stairway near Section 83 - I've seen it mobbed there (across in my safe West seat).

Anyway, if they are not in their seats how do you know how old they are?

Onceinawhile
28-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Must be a lot of people from the East just go in and squeeze in with their mates - standing or even sitting in the stairway near Section 83 - I've seen it mobbed there (across in my safe West seat).

Anyway, if they are not in their seats how do you know how old they are?

People are complaining £25 season ticket holders, they have to be under 12.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2017, 07:44 PM

They do, but the seats are always empty.

What’s your solution

Arch Stanton

Yea OK - just a wee joke.

Anyway, it isn't 12 year olds forking out £25 for empty seats to make sure they get cup tickets.

MyJo

You've paid for the seat, it's up to you if you go to the game or not it will still have cost you the same amount of money either way.

If your not going to one of the biggest matches of the season an your season ticket seat is sitting empty all that your really doing is preventing someone else, who might not be able to afford or commit to a season ticket who wants to back the team against hearts, from attending.

You've already lost the money if you don't go, why not let hibs earn another £30 from your unused seat which will help the playing budget without expecting something in return?

I'm_cabbaged
28-09-2017, 08:06 PM
If it's a sell out why not give a portion of the money back to the holder? It would maybe encourage people who know that they can't attend every game to buy a ST?

Sir David Gray
28-09-2017, 08:06 PM

You bought the season ticket at the start of the season knowing that you were committing yourself to buying a seat for 19 home league games. If you then can't go to any of those games, why would the club be expected to recompense you?

murray26
28-09-2017, 08:10 PM
You've paid for the seat, it's up to you if you go to the game or not it will still have cost you the same amount of money either way.

If your not going to one of the biggest matches of the season an your season ticket seat is sitting empty all that your really doing is preventing someone else, who might not be able to afford or commit to a season ticket who wants to back the team against hearts, from attending.

You've already lost the money if you don't go, why not let hibs earn another £30 from your unused seat which will help the playing budget without expecting something in return?

👍 Sadly some people would rather see there seat empty than help the club they support or a fellow fan get to a match..

Mr White
28-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Yea OK - just a wee joke.

Anyway, it isn't 12 year olds forking out £25 for empty seats to make sure they get cup tickets.

The £25 child tickets need to be bought with an adult one. If people are doing as you suggest then it's for an extra cup ticket as they'd already qualify for one themselves. While it's possible that does happen I'd be inclined to believe the vast majority of those £25 tickets are bought legitimately with a view to introducing kids to the matchday experience and they simply don't attend every game for a variety of possible reasons.

Kaff
28-09-2017, 08:12 PM
There's always a jibe about these tickets but never heard anyone complaining when we had 7000 st's? My 3 tickets are nearly £500 and we can only make 5-6 games per season, eldest has now graduated from the £25 to youth ticket and in time hopefully that becomes a full adult too, its a great scheme and shouldn't be abandoned because we're enjoying a good spell, these are the future and just because someone can't make the derby then we shouldn't did and for a few grumpy beggars, as has been said the South has been available for other games.
Yes we have told ticket office to sell our seats for every game we have missed this season.

HappyAsHellas
28-09-2017, 08:14 PM
I gave our seats back to the club today as we can't make the game and they were very appreciative of the gesture. If Hibs get more support on the night then it has to be a good thing. We'll be on a (hopefully) sunny Greek island in a bar watching events unfold. Last time I seen a derby in Greece we won 6 - 2. Just saying....

tamig
28-09-2017, 08:14 PM

Why would you expect them to get anything for freeing up their seat? It’s about making for a better atmosphere, giving folk who’ve missed out on a ticket another chance and raising some extra cash for the club. Do you not reckon that’s far better than having a couple of hundred empty seats?

SunshineOnLeith
28-09-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm not really sure saying "You paid for the seat, it's up to you whether or not you go" is compatible with trying to suggest there's some kind of duty to inform the club if you can't/aren't going.

If you can't go to the game, don't you just pass your season ticket to a friend? That's what I do.

Mr White
28-09-2017, 08:27 PM
If you can't go to the game, don't you just pass your season ticket to a friend? That's what I do.

Judging by some of the grumpy soul sapping pish spouted on here I suspect there's a good chance that's just not a viable option for some contributers :devil:

Not In The Know
28-09-2017, 08:31 PM

Jeez... you buy a seat and can't use it let a fellow fan and the club benefit.

A lot of the tickets for night matches that are not used are probably cut price kids season tickets. Whats wrong with an adult paying full price for it and all that extra cash going to the mangers kitty for next season.

Pete
28-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Ive a kids ticket that I'll be releasing and it's not about recouping any money. The £28's will add up and help the club.

Not In The Know
28-09-2017, 08:34 PM

folk would just buy a season ticket for one of the best seats in the house and only attend a handful of matches, expecting to get their money back for the majority of games they don't attend.

Johnny Clash
28-09-2017, 08:37 PM
They do, but the seats are always empty.

What’s your solution

I think the OP has suggested the solution. Release the seats back into the system.

Not In The Know
28-09-2017, 08:37 PM
If it's a sell out why not give a portion of the money back to the holder? It would maybe encourage people who know that they can't attend every game to buy a ST?

A small gesture of £5 off a £50 spend at the club store is fair enough in my mind. BUT thats only because the club are boosting sales in the shop...

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2017, 08:40 PM
I can't imagine there will be many ST holders not going to this one.

Will be pretty much a full house.

Not In The Know
28-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Ive a kids ticket that I'll be releasing and it's not about recouping any money. The £28's will add up and help the club.

Well done thats the ideal scenario.

hibbysam
28-09-2017, 08:43 PM
I can't imagine there will be many ST holders not going to this one.

Will be pretty much a full house.

As a night time game a lot of kids won't be there.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2017, 08:44 PM
I think the OP has suggested the solution. Release the seats back into the system.

I said that on page 1

Nakedmanoncrack
28-09-2017, 08:50 PM
The £25 child tickets need to be bought with an adult one. If people are doing as you suggest then it's for an extra cup ticket as they'd already qualify for one themselves. While it's possible that does happen I'd be inclined to believe the vast majority of those £25 tickets are bought legitimately with a view to introducing kids to the matchday experience and they simply don't attend every game for a variety of possible reasons.

:agree:

Young kids aren't going to go every week for one reason or another, but at that price it's worth getting them one.
My son will be there most weeks, but generally I wouldnt take him midweek, though an exception is being made for the derby.
If his seat was going to be empty for any game I would offer it back to the club if it was heading for a sell out, can't understand why anyone wouldnt.

MyJo
28-09-2017, 09:00 PM
I'm not really sure saying "You paid for the seat, it's up to you whether or not you go" is compatible with trying to suggest there's some kind of duty to inform the club if you can't/aren't going.

I don't think anybody is saying you have a duty or a responsibility to release your seat, it's yours and you paid for it so if you want it to sit empty then so be it but on occasions like this where there is a sell-out crowd and lots of fellow hibees lucky enough to be able to attend but can't get a ticket then it would be a nice thing to do. A bit like giving your seat up on a bus to an old lady, you don't really need it but the other person would really benefit and appreciate it.

if you can pass it on to a friend who can take advantage then great, if you don't have anyone who would use it then let hibs give someone else the seat, makes no difference to you either way.

I'm_cabbaged
28-09-2017, 09:19 PM
A small gesture of £5 off a £50 spend at the club store is fair enough in my mind. BUT thats only because the club are boosting sales in the shop...

But if it's a sell out? 50/50 would be a no lose situation? I wouldn't do it but I bet there's plenty with a fek them attitude. Christ I know plenty that child ST's for years!!!

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2017, 10:01 PM

Do they check that now? I know someone that had a F5 lower ticket for his kid and his ST in the East. On the odd occasion the bairn came he'd just do a ST exchange so they could sit together.

I suppose he did buy an adult ticket as well - just not together. Guaranteed him double the number of cup final tickets.

Johnny Clash
28-09-2017, 10:01 PM
I said that on page 1

Nice one !

SON OF PADDY
28-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Don't think Rod would like that !

If I can't make it to a game, my season ticket always Gets used by family or friends. GGTTH

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-09-2017, 10:21 PM
I can't believe people are struggling with the concept of the OP's appeal.

Mr White
28-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Do they check that now? I know someone that had a F5 lower ticket for his kid and his ST in the East. On the odd occasion the bairn came he'd just do a ST exchange so they could sit together.

I suppose he did buy an adult ticket as well - just not together. Guaranteed him double the number of cup final tickets.

The club tightened it up at the start of last season AFAIK and the £25 child seasons now have to be bought along with an adult ticket. Prior to that it was more open to abuse.

percy veer
28-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Agree about the empty seats in the FF. It's folk basically paying £25 to guarantee themselves cup final tickets with no intention of the seats being used through the season.

Not so sure about folk giving up their ST for a random to take the seat. Could be a right ass who buys it and your mates or family have to suffer!

I honestly don't think alot of people think like this, people buy them because its a good deal and whilst the kids may not go to every game it makes financial sense to buy this, but your right slag the guys that put money up front at the start of the season and not the johnny come lateleys who only want to go to the derby.

houstonhibbee
29-09-2017, 02:24 AM

It has to be someone on the dbase no?

Onion
29-09-2017, 05:57 AM
No.

And therein lies the problem. If ST holder is no better or worse off, then they are not motivated to do anything. In fact, had I not read this on .net, I wouldn't even be aware that the club could resell a ST seat.

Can't say I've seen anything from the club advertising or asking ST holders to recycle their seat in big games, probably because complete sell outs are rare and they are more focused on shifting the unsold seats. Only once that's complete would they be interested in empty ST seats, which would be late in the day and involve potential admin hassle.

Not the same as a cup final where tickets sell out well ahead of the game and a recycling system can be put in place to resell returned tickets.

Blaster
29-09-2017, 06:33 AM

I agree to an extent that some people did that but the vast majority don't. My son has a season ticket and has missed midweek games in particular as he was too young then, or when it clashes with his football training

He will likely miss Sunday lunchtime ko too. Folk seem to get bothered by others who miss games. We should just be grateful any season tickets are bought in the first place. Selling out has only been a problem recently - a good problem to be having

Michael
29-09-2017, 06:39 AM
And therein lies the problem. If ST holder is no better or worse off, then they are not motivated to do anything. In fact, had I not read this on .net, I wouldn't even be aware that the club could resell a ST seat.

Can't say I've seen anything from the club advertising or asking ST holders to recycle their seat in big games, probably because complete sell outs are rare and they are more focused on shifting the unsold seats. Only once that's complete would they be interested in empty ST seats, which would be late in the day and involve potential admin hassle.

Not the same as a cup final where tickets sell out well ahead of the game and a recycling system can be put in place to resell returned tickets.

I really don't understand this point of view that you require money to make a 1 minute phone call. I would do it without a second thought.

If you support the club it's a simple way to help the club and a fellow fan.

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2017, 07:55 AM
The club have slowly nibbled away at the extra benefits that used to come with being a ST holder so no chance I would ever release my seat back to them. To be honest the occasion would probably never arise anyway as I always give my ST away FOC whenever I miss games to a mate.

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 07:57 AM
I really don't understand this point of view that you require money to make a 1 minute phone call. I would do it without a second thought.

If you support the club it's a simple way to help the club and a fellow fan.
:agree: It's a simple thing to do, and it helps others see the game.

Keith_M
29-09-2017, 08:41 AM
I applaud the idea in the OP, as we've sold more than just the three home stands for each home game this season, so there will be a demand for more tickets. This would mean more money for the club and not so many people missing out from being able to attend.

Also, I think Hibs should consider introducing a scheme whereby ST Holders will get some part of the money back for selling on their seat when they can't make it, for example a credit towards the cost of the next Season Ticket. It could be incorporated into the online ticketing system and is not actually that difficult to implement at a Software Level (although maybe not with the current e-ticketing site).

Of course, this would depend entirely on whether we keep the current level of attendances going to make it worthwhile.

Johnny Clash
29-09-2017, 09:16 AM

Another consideration is when a game is close to selling out - if I can't make it then by releasing my seat it gives a fellow hibee the chance of a seat in middle of the East rather than a seat at the far ends .

Most my mates also have STs so I'd rather someone else was able to sit in 'my' seat than it stayed empty.

madhibee_again
29-09-2017, 10:07 AM

I think a lot of folk will actually do what I do. I got a £25 ST for my kids to share as it worked out the same price to add the seat as it did to pay for my single adult ticket. My eldest has a little interest in football but will come to the odd game, whilst my youngest is football daft but is only 3, so unlikely to sit the whole time. Therefore they will come to a few games over the season but not be there every week. At £25 you don't lose out but you have the ease of knowing there is a seat beside you when needed.

Neither will be at the derby but I'll be contracting the TO to release the seat.

Lix
29-09-2017, 10:09 AM
I applaud the idea in the OP, as we've sold more than just the three home stands for each home game this season, so there will be a demand for more tickets. This would mean more money for the club and not so many people missing out from being able to attend.

Also, I think Hibs should consider introducing a scheme whereby ST Holders will get some part of the money back for selling on their seat when they can't make it, for example a credit towards the cost of the next Season Ticket. It could be incorporated into the online ticketing system and is not actually that difficult to implement at a Software Level (although maybe not with the current e-ticketing site).

Of course, this would depend entirely on whether we keep the current level of attendances going to make it worthwhile.

Spurs allow, via ticketmaster for ST holders to resell there seats when game has sold out, or when nearing a sell out.
If said seat sells then ST holders receives 1/19th of ST cost, the club keeps extra profit.
money is either DD into bank or credit kept to use against next seasons ST.

I think this is very fair!

my husband has done this twice so far this season with his spurs ST.

Arch Stanton
29-09-2017, 10:26 AM
The club tightened it up at the start of last season AFAIK and the £25 child seasons now have to be bought along with an adult ticket. Prior to that it was more open to abuse.

I know you're not saying that all loopholes have been closed but I am sure I have seen claims on here that there are seats that are never occupied (and yes that could be a bit of an exaggeration).

But since the ticket system is automatated (and we all know how hairy computer systems can be ) I just doubt that they can ensure that tickets are side by side.

I also wonder how they verify that it is a bona-fide child - just curious likes.

If it was me I would introduce heavy fines for seats that are never occupied :greengrin

MB62
29-09-2017, 10:37 AM
You bought the season ticket at the start of the season knowing that you were committing yourself to buying a seat for 19 home league games. If you then can't go to any of those games, why would the club be expected to recompense you?

So, why would you be expected to hand your S.T. back then if you can't make the game.

It's a bit of good will on both parts.

MyJo
29-09-2017, 10:59 AM
So, why would you be expected to hand your S.T. back then if you can't make the game.

It's a bit of good will on both parts.

Your not "expected" to do it, your being encouraged to consider it for the benefit of other fans who want to be at the game but can't get a ticket any more.

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 11:08 AM
The club have slowly nibbled away at the extra benefits that used to come with being a ST holder so no chance I would ever release my seat back to them. To be honest the occasion would probably never arise anyway as I always give my ST away FOC whenever I miss games to a mate.

What extra benefits have been nibbled away?
As far as I can see season tickets holders have the same chance as an away ticket verses other Hibs fans, after the loyalty scheme was scrapped. So that’s an extra benefit

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 11:09 AM
I think a lot of folk will actually do what I do. I got a £25 ST for my kids to share as it worked out the same price to add the seat as it did to pay for my single adult ticket. My eldest has a little interest in football but will come to the odd game, whilst my youngest is football daft but is only 3, so unlikely to sit the whole time. Therefore they will come to a few games over the season but not be there every week. At £25 you don't lose out but you have the ease of knowing there is a seat beside you when needed.

Neither will be at the derby but I'll be contracting the TO to release the seat.

I totally get that and I'm sure for the majority of people that buy the kids tickets do so with the right intentions.

There is however nothing stopping me buying a ST there and also purchasing a kids one with no intention of it ever being used.

Fast forward to our annual trip to a cup final and I'll now be able to buy 4 tickets.

I could sell 3 of them on eBay for mega bucks!

Before anyone goes all radge on me I would never do that but you get my point.

Keith_M
29-09-2017, 11:17 AM
There are, as ever, lots of claims of people buying kids STs in the FF Front purely to cash in on Cup Finals, but as always there is no evidence whatsoever presented to back up that claim.

Presuming this actually happens, could anybody say just how many tickets are (allegedly) bought for these nefarious purposes, and then back up that figure with evidence?

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2017, 11:26 AM
There are, as ever, lots of claims of people buying kids STs in the FF Front purely to cash in on Cup Finals, but as always there is no evidence whatsoever presented to back up that claim.

Presuming this actually happens, could anybody say just how many tickets are (allegedly) bought for these nefarious purposes, and then back up that figure with evidence?

I gave an example of one I'm aware of. Might be one the fans reps can look into - have a look at child seats sold and cross reference vs who they were sold to and where the adult seat is.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Nigh on impossible to provide evidence of this but have a look at the FF lower at most matches and you'll see plenty empty seats.

I'm not talking about the odd seat here and there, there are some rows where there are 10+ seats together lying empty in one block. That can't just be down to the odd father and son missing the match.

These same seats always show as sold out on the website so not sure what is happening in that part of the ground if it isn't folk abusing the £25 tickets??

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Nigh on impossible to provide evidence of this but have a look at the FF lower at most matches and you'll see plenty empty seats.

I'm not talking about the odd seat here and there, there are some rows where there are 10+ seats together lying empty in one block. That can't just be down to the odd father and son missing the match.

These same seats always show as sold out on the website so not sure what is happening in that part of the ground if it isn't folk abusing the £25 tickets??

I was speaking to someone yesterday, their friends from down south have 2 kids tickets in FFL. They bought them a few years ago so they could get cup final tickets, but only get up once or twice a season at most.
Hibs must know how often these seats are used though. Could call them up for this sort of game to resell

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2017, 11:49 AM
I was speaking to someone yesterday, their friends from down south have 2 kids tickets in FFL. They bought them a few years ago so they could get cup final tickets, but only get up once or twice a season at most.
Hibs must know how often these seats are used though. Could call them up for this sort of game to resell

Do they have adult tickets as well?

Arch Stanton
29-09-2017, 12:00 PM

Indeed, definitely call them. No probs for non-Cat A games but the Derby is important.

Mr White
29-09-2017, 12:03 PM
I know you're not saying that all loopholes have been closed but I am sure I have seen claims on here that there are seats that are never occupied (and yes that could be a bit of an exaggeration).

But since the ticket system is automatated (and we all know how hairy computer systems can be ) I just doubt that they can ensure that tickets are side by side.

I also wonder how they verify that it is a bona-fide child - just curious likes.

If it was me I would introduce heavy fines for seats that are never occupied :greengrin

The bit in bold is the steward's job at the turnstyle to keep an eye on the lights above the gate and to check who comes through when it highlights that a concession ticket has been scanned.

At point of sale there's not too much Hibs can do to verify the ticket has been bought for a child but as already stated an adult season ticket has to be bought in order to get a cheap kids one so I very much doubt this is being abused en masse. Maybe the odd fraudulent one here or there but not many IMO.

Andy74
29-09-2017, 12:06 PM
I can't believe people are struggling with the concept of the OP's appeal.

I think it is some of the language used in the thread.

A lot of season tickets holders have kept this club going and at times when there were only 6000 or 7000 going - free tickets couldn't get given away.

It's a useful idea and a good thing to do but lets not try and make anyone feel guilty if they choose not to do this.

Andy74
29-09-2017, 12:12 PM
As far as I can see season tickets holders have the same chance as an away ticket verses other Hibs fans, after the loyalty scheme was scrapped. So that’s an extra benefit

That's not an extra benefit, that has always been a standard benefit of being a season ticket holder, which they loyalty scheme did impinge on and was reversed.

There was behind the goals entry that was then opened up to everyone. Pretty sure there used to be shop discounts?

Callum7
29-09-2017, 12:13 PM
The club should make a scheme where you pay say £20 at the start of the season and in return you get first choice of seating at hampden align with ST holders. This would prevent people buying children ST and bring some money into the club.

Andy74
29-09-2017, 12:25 PM
The club should make a scheme where you pay say £20 at the start of the season and in return you get first choice of seating at hampden align with ST holders. This would prevent people buying children ST and bring some money into the club.

Then there would be less value in a season ticket again...

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Do they have adult tickets as well?

No

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 12:31 PM
That's not an extra benefit, that has always been a standard benefit of being a season ticket holder, which they loyalty scheme did impinge on and was reversed.

There was behind the goals entry that was then opened up to everyone. Pretty sure there used to be shop discounts?

Think anyone could get into BTG of late, not just season tickets holders

Mr White
29-09-2017, 12:33 PM
No

Really? Either someone who has an adult season has helped them out or the ticket office have changed their policy since I enquired about keeping my son's ticket on without mine when we left Edinburgh 2 years ago.

Pete
29-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Really? Either someone who has an adult season has helped them out or the ticket office have changed their policy since I enquired about keeping my son's ticket on without mine when we left Edinburgh 2 years ago.

Indeed. You can't get a £25 ticket unless it's part of a group containing an adult.

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2017, 12:37 PM

Cup Top Up
Behind the Goals
Shop Discount

and the example you have quoted is not an extra benefit at all.

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Cup Top Up
Behind the Goals
Shop Discount

and the example you have quoted is not an extra benefit at all.

Cup top up was hardly a benefit, you had to pay for it. Can enter into the home ticket scheme instead
Can remember getting discount in the shop?

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Cup top up was hardly a benefit, you had to pay for it. Can enter into the home ticket scheme instead
Can remember getting discount in the shop?

Of course it was a benefit, you could pay a nominal amount and end up getting great value for it. Anyway if you can't see the benefits that have been taken away as a ST holder, I can and remember them all as feeling as if you were part of something and getting that little extra for putting your money up front. I even remember discount on a home shirt.
They've been taken away simple as that and for that reason I wouldn't give my ST back to the club. Each to their own decision.

SRHibs
29-09-2017, 04:24 PM
I don't think anybody is saying you have a duty or a responsibility to release your seat, it's yours and you paid for it so if you want it to sit empty then so be it but on occasions like this where there is a sell-out crowd and lots of fellow hibees lucky enough to be able to attend but can't get a ticket then it would be a nice thing to do. A bit like giving your seat up on a bus to an old lady, you don't really need it but the other person would really benefit and appreciate it.

if you can pass it on to a friend who can take advantage then great, if you don't have anyone who would use it then let hibs give someone else the seat, makes no difference to you either way.

You're not allowed to you pass your ticket on to a friend. What you can do though, is let the club sell it to your friend for another £25!

offshorehibby
29-09-2017, 08:37 PM
You're not allowed to you pass your ticket on to a friend. What you can do though, is let the
club sell it to your friend for another £25!

Not strictly true. Passed my season onto mate who's girlfriend over from Ireland. That was about the time they had a purge on various season ticket related issues. Anyway told him to go to ticket office, ticket changed no problem o charge.

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2017, 08:57 PM
You're not allowed to you pass your ticket on to a friend. What you can do though, is let the club sell it to your friend for another £25!

Pish! Been passing my ticket on for years.

SRHibs
29-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Pish! Been passing my ticket on for years.
So what's the procedure then? As long as you get the name changed on the ticket it's fine? I take it back if that's the case.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Hand your ST card to your mate so he can take it to the game with him.

Been the same since the year dot I'd imagine!

SRHibs
29-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Hand your ST card to your mate so he can take it to the game with him.

Been the same since the year dot I'd imagine!

Oh, but I think it's technically not allowed. I walked in next to a guy who got stopped the other week for using his bird's ST. If it's the right gender it should be fine though.

West lower
29-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Oh, but I think it's technically not allowed. I walked in next to a guy who got stopped the other week for using his bird's ST. If it's the right gender it should be fine though.

How did they know ? Does it not just say adult on the card ?

SRHibs
29-09-2017, 09:46 PM
How did they know ? Does it not just say adult on the card ?

Each card has prefix, first initial, and surname.

Kaff
30-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Each card has prefix, first initial, and surname.

I think there was something about this, possibly last season, where folk were stopped at the gate and made to get a replacement ticket from TO and subsequently missed the start of the game. Pretty sure the club then issued a statement saying that as long as it was not a child ticket used by adult then they were no longer pursuing this policy?
I really hope that the child season ticket isn't spoilt by a small number either abusing it or the vocal minority who sometimes can't get a seat, this has all the same noises as the loyalty scheme which needed a few tweaks but instead was chucked out totally because of some blowhards.
I'm not in favour of refunding ST holders if their seat is resold but there should definitely be a push to make it known that you can allow your seat to be sold if you cant make it, those sat near have told me there have been others in our seats for both the Motherwell and Hamilton games we missed so it definitely works

CraigHibee
30-09-2017, 10:12 AM

get your point exactly bud, but what happens IF the club aren't able to sell the ticket, i think a proposal would be nice though say £15 for your seat for the game IF they are able to sell it, after all hibs already have the money from your season ticket for the year.

probably get shot down for suggesting it but it's just my opinion

Swedish hibee
30-09-2017, 11:32 AM
This place is brutal.
All summer on here was spent banging on about buying a ST, then now your hating on folks for not using the ST they have bought!! If folks don't want to use their ST some Saturdays- it's maybe because of a thing called "Life". Work, illness, other commitments happen.

Scouse Hibee
30-09-2017, 11:53 AM
This place is brutal.
All summer on here was spent banging on about buying a ST, then now your hating on folks for not using the ST they have bought!! If folks don't want to use their ST some Saturdays- it's maybe because of a thing called "Life". Work, illness, other commitments happen.

I have read the entire thread and can't see one single post that illustrates what you have described as "hating on folk?

Mr White
30-09-2017, 12:54 PM
I have read the entire thread and can't see one single post that illustrates what you have described as "hating on folk?

:agree:

Although the one you've quoted calling the site "brutal" comes pretty close :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 11:30 AM
SOLD OUT!!!!!! :flag::thumbsup:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=4008

thebakerboy
03-10-2017, 03:01 PM
A warm fuzzy feeling inside.

THIS , unable to attend the derby so seat released , so who ever gets it please make a lot of noise.:flag:

Dashing Bob S
03-10-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm in this position as stated by the original poster - I won't be able to attend the derby.

However, I won't be freeing up my seats for others.

I paid for these seats for the season, whether I can attend or not, and I feel that it's inappropriate to renegotiate the contract in the club's favour on this ad hoc basis.

Additionally, I'm a busy man and there remains the opportunity cost of picking up the phone and going through a potentially time consuming transaction - precious moments that could be spent adding to my own fortune or giving me pleasure looking at the niche websites of my choice.

So no, not for me.

Lee Marvin
03-10-2017, 03:50 PM
I'm in this position as stated by the original poster - I won't be able to attend the derby.

However, I won't be freeing up my seats for others.

I paid for these seats for the season, whether I can attend or not, and I feel that it's inappropriate to renegotiate the contract in the club's favour on this ad hoc basis.

Additionally, I'm a busy man and there remains the opportunity cost of picking up the phone and going through a potentially time consuming transaction - precious moments that could be spent adding to my own fortune or giving me pleasure looking at the niche websites of my choice.

So no, not for me.

Enjoyed that :aok:

OsloHibs
03-10-2017, 04:46 PM
You think Hibs would do something for ST holders who do this... Okay, they won't give money back (it is hibs) but they could give them a free ticket for a friend at another game or discount in the store.. They need to do something, it's very cheeky if they don't!

Speedy
03-10-2017, 05:30 PM
I totally get that and I'm sure for the majority of people that buy the kids tickets do so with the right intentions.

There is however nothing stopping me buying a ST there and also purchasing a kids one with no intention of it ever being used.

Fast forward to our annual trip to a cup final and I'll now be able to buy 4 tickets.

I could sell 3 of them on eBay for mega bucks!

Before anyone goes all radge on me I would never do that but you get my point.

Presumably you could also buy a ST for £25, and upgrade at £10 a time for any game you went to.

Season ticket for £225...

The number of people who actually do that though, I suspect minimal.

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Presumably you could also buy a ST for £25, and upgrade at £10 a time for any game you went to.

Think they charge more than that to upgrade a kids ticket to an adult in FF lower

Alex Trager
03-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Some folk are radge like.

Empty seat?
Phone the club and tell them.

No skin off your nose.

easty
03-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Some folk are radge like.

Empty seat?
Phone the club and tell them.

No skin off your nose.

Nae extra skin on thier nose either though eh...so why bother, or something like that.

Onceinawhile
03-10-2017, 06:36 PM

It's £20 to upgrade a £25 season ticket.

weecounty hibby
03-10-2017, 08:55 PM
You think Hibs would do something for ST holders who do this... Okay, they won't give money back (it is hibs) but they could give them a free ticket for a friend at another game or discount in the store.. They need to do something, it's very cheeky if they don't!
Why is it cheeky if they don't? Serious question and not looking for an argument but it's not Hibs who are asking folk to do this. It's other fans who have suggested it as a way to have a sellout crowd inside ER and perhaps add some money to the funds. I've done this before and have also given my STs to friends. Personally I bought my STs well aware that we'd miss games so if Hibs can make some more money out of my seat that could be empty then great. If others don't feel the same then that's also fine I just don't think that Hibs are being cheeky or anything else for that matter about this

Hermit Crab
04-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Why is it cheeky if they don't? Serious question and not looking for an argument but it's not Hibs who are asking folk to do this. It's other fans who have suggested it as a way to have a sellout crowd inside ER and perhaps add some money to the funds. I've done this before and have also given my STs to friends. Personally I bought my STs well aware that we'd miss games so if Hibs can make some more money out of my seat that could be empty then great. If others don't feel the same then that's also fine I just don't think that Hibs are being cheeky or anything else for that matter about this

A fan who releases a seat for resale should get money off their season ticket next season. Other clubs do that.

GreenCastle
04-10-2017, 08:18 AM
A fan who releases a seat for resale should get money off their season ticket next season. Other clubs do that.

Which clubs do that ?

I only know of clubs which sell out most weeks who do that.

Hibs aren't in that position yet. A ST should be like a membership and valued. Ideally we increase our ST sales again next season.

I think right now the best thing to do is Hibs to set up a system online where fans can let the club know if they won't make a certain game well in advance and that ticket can then be resold which brings more ££ into the club. A simple button online next game saying attending or not.

I know a friend who has a ST in east but bought another season ticket in FF for nephew. Nephew can't make every game due to location but when he does he's a die hard Hibs kid and loves going along. I tell my friend to free any unused FF seat every game he doesn't attend and he does his best to let club know. If the ticket is paid for in advance I think it's fair enough plus he's helping a Hibs fan for the future.

Kaff
04-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Which clubs do that ?

I only know of clubs which sell out most weeks who do that.

Hibs aren't in that position yet. A ST should be like a membership and valued. Ideally we increase our ST sales again next season.

I think right now the best thing to do is Hibs to set up a system online where fans can let the club know if they won't make a certain game well in advance and that ticket can then be resold which brings more ££ into the club. A simple button online next game saying attending or not.

I know a friend who has a ST in east but bought another season ticket in FF for nephew. Nephew can't make every game due to location but when he does he's a die hard Hibs kid and loves going along. I tell my friend to free any unused FF seat every game he doesn't attend and he does his best to let club know. If the ticket is paid for in advance I think it's fair enough plus he's helping a Hibs fan for the future.

Agree with this entirely. A system to facilitate easy release of a seat but definitely should be no 'cash-back', we don't want a situation where people are buying prime seats and blocking others from them yet they get a return on non attendance, I would gain but we bought our tickets to make sure club had our funds in hand and I see any subsequent sales as a boost to the coffers of the club.
Of our ST we are likely to have one spare but we will only be releasing it much nearer the day of the game when it is 100% clear that the person won't be there, i'm sure there will be a few more like that and people might find random seats becoming available as the game gets nearer

lucky
04-10-2017, 09:05 AM
It's unlikely I'll be able to attend the derby as I'm due to be away. But until it's 100% confirmed I'm going to hold on to my ticket. Then I'll give it away. If that upsets others then so be it. As it is I miss 2 or 3 games a season and never hand back my ST to the club

Billy Whizz
04-10-2017, 09:25 AM

Any thoughts

http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/tickets/ticket-exchange.php

ajf
04-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Any thoughts

I presume only on sell outs otherwise the club could be losing money on reselling these seats

Phil MaGlass
04-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Any thoughts

excellent idea, Maybe add you will not receive cash back but maybe 25% of ticket which is sold will come off next seasons season ticket price?

Keith_M
04-10-2017, 10:41 AM
It's £20 to upgrade a £25 season ticket.

So it would actually cost £405 in total if you bought one and upgraded for every game.

Puts paid to that argument then

:greengrin

thebakerboy
04-10-2017, 11:37 AM
As I posted earlier I am unable to attend the derby so phoned ticket office and it took about 1 minute. Now the club can get another voice behind the team for that night and get some extra cash in , doesnt cost me a penny and gives a good feeling. The only problem I encountered was finding a free number to do this .

lucky
22-10-2017, 04:25 AM
Just released my ST seat as I’m in Miami. GGTTH

GreenLake
22-10-2017, 06:03 AM
I sent the ticket office an email to release my seat for every game until I send them instructions to the contrary. Never got a reply so I don't know whether they are going to act on that. I'll send another email and cc Leeann.

kennyh
22-10-2017, 08:01 AM
I've released my kids Sets in the past and Hibs have benefited with the resale. It makes sense for Hibs to maybe get another £56
Maybe if the club were to highlight how many STs had been resold and said a big thank you to the fans for offering their tickets to be resold and generating an extra £??K for our budget then maybe others would be inclined to do the same when the likes off the huns come to Easter Rd.

More positive publicity with details on how to release seats should encourage more fans to do this. I hate seeing empty seats when a match is sold out with some fans still looking for tickets.

hibee_girl
22-10-2017, 08:13 AM
I sent the ticket office an email to release my seat for every game until I send them instructions to the contrary. Never got a reply so I don't know whether they are going to act on that. I'll send another email and cc Leeann.

They will reply, just maybe not on a Sunday morning.

GreenLake
22-10-2017, 10:33 AM
They will reply, just maybe not on a Sunday morning.

I sent my email 9 days ago which is enough time for any business to reply if they intend to do so, hence my next one will cc the boss in.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2017, 10:33 AM
I sent my email 9 days ago which is enough time for any business to reply if they intend to do so, hence my next one will cc the boss in.

Where did you send it too

hibee_girl
22-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Fair enough :aok:

It took them 3 days to reply to my email about releasing my seats for the Aberdeen game, they’ve maybe been concentrating on that game and the semi final. You might hear from them tomorrow

GreenLake
22-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Where did you send it too

I replied to the tickets@ address that sent the order confirmation for my season ticket. I had previously queried how long my season ticket would take to arrive and got a reply so it seems to be monitored at least some of the time.

green day
23-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Just phoned Hibs and released my Dads ST for tomorrow - West Upper BB 25

Should be on the system shortly.

No ********s please :greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Just phoned Hibs and released my Dads ST for tomorrow - West Upper BB 25

Should be on the system shortly.

No ********s please :greengrin

The match has been removed from the e ticketing website.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-10-2017, 04:41 PM
The match has been removed from the e ticketing website.

Possibly a waiting list being kept?
Hope so.

Hermit Crab
23-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Possibly a waiting list being kept?
Hope so.

Don't recall hibs saying there was a waiting list but there may be one.

07hibee
23-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Is there a thread for people with spare tickets ? I’ve got an extra one for the west stand if anyone’s looking ,

TheReg!
23-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Is there a thread for people with spare tickets ? I’ve got an extra one for the west stand if anyone’s looking ,

Sent u a PM mate 👍🏻

PerfectlyFranck
24-10-2017, 02:54 PM
I may have a ticket available in FF Upper although I won't know until 17:00.