PDA

View Full Version : Has Griffiths ever faced or scored against Hibs?

RossScott1991
27-09-2017, 08:52 PM
As title says. Can't remember myself whether he has ever played against us ? Going to be weird seeing Leigh up against his beloved Hibs. Dembele though I have a feeling may start with Griffiths playing tonight. Love the guy but hopefully if he plays he can have a stinker.

greenlex
27-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Don't think he has. His stints at Livi and Dundee coincided with us being in different leagues.

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2017, 09:02 PM
You love a Celtic player?

Sir David Gray
27-09-2017, 09:03 PM
No he hasn't.

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2017, 09:04 PM
He's a stick on to score on Saturday, isn't he? You just know it. However, Sparky would never celebrate the goal; you can be sure of that.

Hiber-nation
27-09-2017, 09:05 PM

What about when he's a Scotland player? Is anyone allowed to love him then?

Lancs Harp
27-09-2017, 09:08 PM
What about when he's a Scotland player? Is anyone allowed to love him then?

Well I didnt :wink:

jacomo
27-09-2017, 09:10 PM
He's a stick on to score on Saturday, isn't he? You just know it. However, Sparky would never celebrate the goal; you can be sure of that.

He's entitled to celebrate if he scores. It's what he's paid to do.

Badge kissing and GIRUYs to Hibs fans not on though.

Hiber-nation
27-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Well I didnt :wink:

:greengrin

Callum7
27-09-2017, 09:14 PM

He’s paid too score goals. Celebrating is optional.

hibsbollah

Running up to the East, pantomime villain Skacelesque 'L for loser' gesture on his forehead, extravagant celebration and a 'shuuush' with his finger on his lips.

You never know. He's always been a bit daft.

blaikie
Sure we played Livingston around 2006 we won 6-0/7-0 and I'm sure he was on the bench!

He would have been 16/17!

Mr White
27-09-2017, 09:16 PM

He did that once and flicked the finger on another occasion while playing for Hibs so I wouldn't be too surprised if he did it again tbh!

johnbc70
27-09-2017, 09:25 PM
Sure we played Livingston around 2006 we won 6-0/7-0 and I'm sure he was on the bench!

We won 7-0 and was Feb 2006, but he was not in the squad. Although a certain Graham Dorrans and Robert Snodgrass were on the Livi bench.

frazeHFC
27-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Hope he has a mare on Saturday, but he's key for Scotland so no injuries please!

Sir David Gray
27-09-2017, 09:27 PM

He wasn't.

A young Graham Dorrans was an unused sub that day though.

One Day Soon
27-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Running up to the East, pantomime villain Skacelesque 'L for loser' gesture on his forehead, extravagant celebration and a 'shuuush' with his finger on his lips.

You never know. He's always been a bit daft.

If no one is inseminated in the whole process I'm going to be very disappointed.

chrisski33
27-09-2017, 09:51 PM

He will celebrate it whether we like it or not

Michael
27-09-2017, 09:52 PM

Not on the bench...but no wonder we won 7-0 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4689666.stm)...our attacking options that night were insane:

Killen, Riordan, O'Connor, Fletcher, Sproule (...and Amadou Konte).

supermcginn
27-09-2017, 09:54 PM

Couldn't agree more, can't stand any old firm player in the slightest I hope we pump him and his horrible club on Saturday.

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Not on the bench...but no wonder we won 7-0 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4689666.stm)...our attacking options that night were insane:

Hoolahan looked decent at times that night which is pretty impressive in a 7-0 defeat.

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2017, 10:00 PM
He will celebrate it whether we like it or not

Never He's one of our own............:agree:

Lancs Harp
27-09-2017, 10:12 PM
I'd expect him to plead with referee to disallow it.

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Couldn't agree more, can't stand any old firm player in the slightest I hope we pump him and his horrible club on Saturday.
Indeed. I find the "love-in" for him embarrassing. Just another OF ****er while he plays for them, should focus on supporting the guys who want to play for Hibs.

hibsmad
27-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Indeed. I find the "love-in" for him embarrassing. Just another OF ****er while he plays for them, should focus on supporting the guys who want to play for Hibs.

No love in here.

However, if you want to support the guys who WANT to play for Hibs rather than the guys who want to earn 5x as much cash then you won’t have anyone to support. Supporting the guys who DO play for Hibs is another matter of course.

If we could pay Griffiths as much as Celtic then he’d be playing for us.

basehibby
27-09-2017, 11:56 PM

Any Hibee that watched this truly Hibs daft Scotland star bang them away for the Hibees can surely be forgiven for still holding a wee bit love for Leigh - Shirley!

I don't want him to score on Saturday but very much recognise him as "one of us" - and wish him continuing success :flag::flag::flag:

NASAHIBS
28-09-2017, 12:22 AM
No love in here.

However, if you want to support the guys who WANT to play for Hibs rather than the guys who want to earn 5x as much cash then you won’t have anyone to support. Supporting the guys who DO play for Hibs is another matter of course.

If we could pay Griffiths as much as Celtic then he’d be playing for us.
Agreed...,,MWHIBBIES have a word with yourself! 3rd post in and looking for an argument IMO. FFS. A cracking player who we helped develop, we seen at the time what he could do and he's doing it now for his current club and country.I love Sparky because he is quality,he's one of our own and he played in the jersey he loves.

Baw187
28-09-2017, 02:00 AM

[emoji849] Hate the OF by all means but at the end of the day Sparky is as big a Hibby as you’ll find who doesn’t hide it despite playing for those bams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
28-09-2017, 02:27 AM
Griff is one of my favourite ever Hibees. Wouldn't be surprised if he scored against us, he's quality. Hope he doesn't though.

Man Down Under
28-09-2017, 03:23 AM
I reckon he'll celebrate, but won't exactly be sliding on his knees, probably quite reserved.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Baw187
28-09-2017, 03:37 AM
I reckon he'll celebrate, but won't exactly be sliding on his knees, probably quite reserved.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

No he’ll not. Cause he won’t score.

The super Cabbage will walk out 2-0 winners after a Lennon strategic master plan.

mjhibby
28-09-2017, 05:40 AM
Any Hibee that watched this truly Hibs daft Scotland star bang them away for the Hibees can surely be forgiven for still holding a wee bit love for Leigh - Shirley!

I don't want him to score on Saturday but very much recognise him as "one of us" - and wish him continuing success :flag::flag::flag:

He's the one ex Hibby I'm delighted to see do well. By all accounts it's not a game he's bursting to score in so it will be interesting to see if he starts as although celtic want to beat us the bayern game isn't far away and Leigh has the Scotland games as well. Brendon knows he needs to look after his top players in a long season. What's the odds are wee mystery injury rules him out. Briony has already pulled the one off already.

SON OF PADDY
28-09-2017, 05:52 AM
No he’ll not. Cause he won’t score.

The super Cabbage will walk out 2-0 winners after a Lennon strategic master plan.

I've got a Tenner on the boys, to finally end their unbeaten run. 👍
GGTTH 🇳🇬 🇳🇬

California-Hibs
28-09-2017, 05:57 AM
The guy is absolute class. I don't care that I'm praising a Celtic player, I've always said the guy could and will score at the very top! He just has so much natural ability. We're very lucky to have him as our international striker. If the guy was in the English Prem or even at PSG etc he'd still bang in the goals. The guy can finish.

So, hopefully Dembele starts Saturday as it would leave a sour taste Leigh scoring against us..

itslegaltender
28-09-2017, 06:25 AM
Celtic fan in the work said to me he thought Griffiths was now more a Celtic supporter. Deluded.

we are hibs
28-09-2017, 06:28 AM
He didn't celebrate when he scored against Dundee for us so I'm not sure why he'd celebrate against the team he supports. Mind you, I couldn't care less if he does. He's a great player, a player Celtic fans wanted shot of and he wasn't "Celtic standard" a few years back now half of them proclaim him to be the best forward since Larsson. :rolleyes:

He was excellent for us and his freekick at Tynie (and Easter road) where the best one/two goals I've ever seen us score against them. Also put in one the best individual displays I've seen from a hibs player away to Killie in the cup but on Saturday he's the opposition and should be treated like any other Celtic or Rangers player would be.

calumhibee1
28-09-2017, 06:35 AM
The guy is absolute class. I don't care that I'm praising a Celtic player, I've always said the guy could and will score at the very top! He just has so much natural ability. We're very lucky to have him as our international striker. If the guy was in the English Prem or even at PSG etc he'd still bang in the goals. The guy can finish.

So, hopefully Dembele starts Saturday as it would leave a sour taste Leigh scoring against us..

The best player I’ve seen at Hibs since the McLeish days. Absolutely Hibs daft and not only was he outstanding for us but he absolutely ran himself into the ground every week. Yes, he plays for Celtic now, but that’s because he’s the best player in the country. Hope he has a mare on Saturday but other than that I wish Sparky nothing but the best and still hold out hope we’ll see him back in a Hibs strip early enough in his career that he still has a lot to offer.

calumhibee1
28-09-2017, 06:36 AM
He didn't celebrate when he scored against Dundee for us so I'm not sure why he'd celebrate against the team he supports. Mind you, I couldn't care less if he does. He's a great player, a player Celtic fans wanted shot of and he wasn't "Celtic standard" a few years back now half of them proclaim him to be the best forward since Larsson. :rolleyes:

He was excellent for us and his freekick at Tynie (and Easter road) where the best one/two goals I've ever seen us score against them. Also put in one the best individual displays I've seen from a hibs player away to Killie in the cup but on Saturday he's the opposition and should be treated like any other Celtic or Rangers player would be.

He is the best forward they’ve had since Larsson IMO.

hibsbollah
28-09-2017, 06:36 AM
If no one is inseminated in the whole process I'm going to be very disappointed.

A mass insemination??:worried:

As long as he doesn't kiss the badge that'll do me.

Frazerbob
28-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Pretty sure he refused to celebrate when ever he scored against Dundee

green day
28-09-2017, 07:13 AM
Lets hope this is a moot point and he gets nowhere near scoring.

I have faith in our rock solid central defensive partnership :greengrin:greengrin

Firestarter
28-09-2017, 07:32 AM
I think he will start and will score. Can't see him celebrating but if he does and it's not ott then fair enough.

28-09-2017, 07:45 AM
He will celebrate

With the hibs fans when he pings in a 25 yard own goal.

Betty Boop
28-09-2017, 07:45 AM

And you know this how ?

easty
28-09-2017, 08:04 AM
If he scores then I'll definitely be more bothered that we've lost a goal, than I'll be that LG has celebrated scoring it.

JimBHibees
28-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Dont care if he celebrates or not will be more hacked off at us losing a goal than caring who scored it. Personally find it very cringeworthy the ex player trying their best not to celebrate when scoring against his old team. The ridiculous situation of Wes Hoolahan refusing to celebrate scoring a goal for Norwich v Aston Villa was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in relation to football. He had merely been linked with Villa and subsequently never moved to them yet thought it appropriate not to celebrate, self indulgent nonsense IMO.

Captain Trips
28-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Be good to see what Stokes does WHEN he pops in a goal.

Smartie
28-09-2017, 08:40 AM
He will celebrate

With the hibs fans when he pings in a 25 yard own goal.

That would cancel out Pat McGinlay's header of at Parkhead a few years ago.

I'm still furious about that one.

Lucky for Pat he had a wee bit in the tank for the Hibees....

A lesser player would have been lynched.

Keith_M
28-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Dont care if he celebrates or not will be more hacked off at us losing a goal than caring who scored it. Personally find it very cringeworthy the ex player trying their best not to celebrate when scoring against his old team. The ridiculous situation of Wes Hoolahan refusing to celebrate scoring a goal for Norwich v Aston Villa was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in relation to football. He had merely been linked with Villa and subsequently never moved to them yet thought it appropriate not to celebrate, self indulgent nonsense IMO.

I realise it was a looooong time ago, but this makes me think of when Denis Law scored for City against ManU in the early 70s with a really clever back heel. I think it was the goal that finally relegated ManU and Law looked more dissapointed than happy.

FWIW, it makes no difference to me which of Celtc's players score against Hibs, I'd be equally dissapointed. I also find it a bit wierd when people over analyze his goal celebrations.

MyJo
28-09-2017, 08:48 AM

:agree: Liam Henderson

Peevemor
28-09-2017, 08:51 AM
I realise it was a looooong time ago, but this makes me think of when Denis Law scored for City against ManU in the early 70s with a really clever back heel. I think it was the goal that finally relegated ManU and Law looked more dissapointed than happy.

FWIW, it makes no difference to me which of Celtc's players score against Hibs, I'd be equally dissapointed. I also find it a bit wierd when people over analyze his goal celebrations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HQhV3ujyg

Keith_M
28-09-2017, 08:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HQhV3ujyg

That's the one, cheers

:aok:

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Agreed...,,MWHIBBIES have a word with yourself! 3rd post in and looking for an argument IMO. FFS. A cracking player who we helped develop, we seen at the time what he could do and he's doing it now for his current club and country.I love Sparky because he is quality,he's one of our own and he played in the jersey he loves.Not looking for an argument, just find it strange. Plenty players deserve that love over Leigh Griffiths. 18 guys who won us the cup for starters.

[emoji849] Hate the OF by all means but at the end of the day Sparky is as big a Hibby as you’ll find who doesn’t hide it despite playing for those bams.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCould find 20k bigger Hibbys without even trying.

Smartie
28-09-2017, 08:55 AM
I hate it when players don't celebrate scoring.

It's disrespectful towards the club who pay the wages and the fans of that club.

Griffiths is a Celtic player. Why shouldn't he celebrate scoring against us? That's what he is paid to do and that is what he wants to do.

I much prefer to see a player relish putting one over us (see Paul Hartley, Kenny Miller) than some sort of patronising, hushed up, ushering other players away nonsense.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Could find 20k bigger Hibbys without even trying.

I have all day, go on then.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2017, 09:11 AM
To be honest I would find it difficult to celebrate scoring against Hibs. I would find it difficult enough just playing against them without actually scoring a goal, especially if that goal had serious consequences for Hibs.

At the end of the day though Griffiths is an opposition player and he is being paid by Celtic to score goals and Saturday will be no different.

J-C
28-09-2017, 09:22 AM
If Leigh scores, he'll be respectful to our fans but still celebrate, remember Celtic pay his wages he might not do the badge kissing but as a pro footballer he's entitled to enjoy what he does best, we need to get over the fact he is a Hibs fan at heart, goes out the window when you play elsewhere.

J-C
28-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Not looking for an argument, just find it strange. Plenty players deserve that love over Leigh Griffiths. 18 guys who won us the cup for starters.

Could find 20k bigger Hibbys without even trying.

Playing for Celtic but still finds time to come to ER when he can, that's a true fan.

Captain Trips
28-09-2017, 09:52 AM
All players are in jobs when they may play against the team they support or be in opposition to them.

I look at how they conduct themselves after they move. LG was IMO in a rather poor team at the time and was really the only highlight in that time. He as far as I am aware never slated us or his time here which would be easy due to some of the players we had and results. There have been players I have disliked even while at Hibs.

I like LG and I care not a jot whom he plays for, I hope we keep him quiet and will never want him doing anything that affects us but that's going to happen.

78 Games 39 goals in amongst some of the dross we had at that time is some achievement. Always welcome back in the stands for me.

spudhib
28-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Think after his exertions last night Griffiths will be on the bench and Dembele will start.

Bad Martini
28-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Turning this around...

Why would anyone (Sparky or otherwise) PRETEND to follow Hibs :hibees:greengrin ****in hell...that's ironic in the extreme?! Would it be our long history of cup success (fair dues, far better than The Rangers :greengrin but still) or the string of premier league titles we've won? No. So that would rule out glory hunting then. Thus, anyone purporting to follow Hibs is around 99.99% likely to actually be a Hibs fan (or just utterly stone radge). We do it, cause its right and infinitely preferential to eternal damnation with the manky unwashed following hearts, rangers and celtic.

Safe to assume his claims are genuine then :greengrin

...therefore, that's all that counts surely?

Short of running up to the East, giving it a great big GIRFUY and the mutant five and one finger salute, I think anything he does is completely irrelevant and in no way requires any ex-communication from the Hibee brethren.

Ideally he wont score mind :greengrin .....that said, that's what England thought and look what happened there :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As someone pointed out, will be more amusing to see the look on Stokes puss as he skelps one (or more) past them and wee Neil's puss when this occurs too. You can imagine their refined and gentlemanly head turn, no smiles as we turn over that lot? Yep. I think not.

Nae need to demonise one of our own, especially when he's done **** all wrong. And, he hates the yams :aok::flag::thumbsup:

28-09-2017, 12:10 PM
That would cancel out Pat McGinlay's header of at Parkhead a few years ago.

I'm still furious about that one.

Lucky for Pat he had a wee bit in the tank for the Hibees....

A lesser player would have been lynched.

Remember that goal but didn’t we get skelped in that game anyway. Think it was against the Cadete/Di Canio/ etc team who always destroyed us at Celtic Park.

28-09-2017, 12:11 PM
And you know this how ?

He scored against Dundee for Hibs and didn’t celebrate. Remember him applauding their fans in that game too.

Bristolhibby
28-09-2017, 01:59 PM

IIRC Robert Snodgrass was playing that day. Remember noticing his weird name.

J

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2017, 02:01 PM
I have all day, go on then.Probably the ones who attend every week and don't kiss other badges are ahead of him. If Griffiths actually wanted to play for Hibs as this forum believes then he would play for Hibs. I'm sure his family would survive on 2/3k per week just fine.

Hibs fan - Yes
Great player for Hibs - yes
Some massive Hibs supporter who deserves great love beyond his exploits as a Hibs player - no.

Delboy4
28-09-2017, 02:46 PM

Yeah, and if I remember rightly, the last 20 mins we played one at the back ( Kevin Thomson ) Lol

Livi could not get the ball off us...!

Smartie
28-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Remember that goal but didn’t we get skelped in that game anyway. Think it was against the Cadete/Di Canio/ etc team who always destroyed us at Celtic Park.

We did.

Utterly horsed 5-1, going on about 10.

We could have done without losing an early goal setting the whole thing up though. Especially a dubiously fantastic headed og from a Celtic supporter/ former player.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Probably the ones who attend every week and don't kiss other badges are ahead of him. If Griffiths actually wanted to play for Hibs as this forum believes then he would play for Hibs. I'm sure his family would survive on 2/3k per week just fine.

Hibs fan - Yes
Some massive Hibs supporter who deserves great love beyond his exploits as a Hibs player - no.

And in the real world? :confused:

Betty Boop
28-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Probably the ones who attend every week and don't kiss other badges are ahead of him. If Griffiths actually wanted to play for Hibs as this forum believes then he would play for Hibs. I'm sure his family would survive on 2/3k per week just fine.

Hibs fan - Yes
:agree: Couldn't agree more. As soon as he joined Celtic he immediately kitted his kids out in the hoops. Strange for a life long Hibby.

Firestarter
28-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Think after his exertions last night Griffiths will be on the bench and Dembele will start.

He will be extremely unhappy to lose his place for Saturday especially against us.

Firestarter
28-09-2017, 03:51 PM
:agree: Couldn't agree more. As soon as he joined Celtic he immediately kitted his kids out in the hoops. Strange for a life long Hibby.

They will support the team their dad plays for, what's the big deal?

Peevemor
28-09-2017, 03:52 PM
They will support the team their dad plays for, what's the big deal?

If he ends up at Hibs, we'd better get the corners filled in pronto!

Firestarter
28-09-2017, 05:03 PM
If he ends up at Hibs, we'd better get the corners filled in pronto!

Broughty Ferry Hibs supporters branchs numbers will rocket that's for sure.

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2017, 05:19 PM
And in the real world? :confused:What a well thought out reply addressing all of my points.

I find it bizarre that I am having to argue that a Celtic player ISN'T that big a of a Hibby. Seems fairly obvious to me. I think you should try and convince me that he is.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2017, 06:09 PM
What a well thought out reply addressing all of my points.

I find it bizarre that I am having to argue that a Celtic player ISN'T that big a of a Hibby. Seems fairly obvious to me. I think you should try and convince me that he is.

Well you did say you could name 20 thousand better Hibs fans, then you did say they were PROBABLY better fans.

I reckon 99% of them would probably do the same as he has.

Hibby soldier
28-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Honestly think Griffiths is being ' over rated ' i could score in a team that has Roberts and Sinclair putting the ball over....
especially in the worst league in Europe...

Celtic are million miles ahead in Scotland and hand pick any player they want from the other clubs...
Money from Europe helps them along with the massive season tickets..

Sorry to say - hope i'm wrong but Hibs are a true reflection of the 10/1 being offered......

SanFranHibs
28-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Honestly think Griffiths is being ' over rated ' i could score in a team that has Roberts and Sinclair putting the ball over....
especially in the worst league in Europe...

Celtic are million miles ahead in Scotland and hand pick any player they want from the other clubs...
Money from Europe helps them along with the massive season tickets..

Sorry to say - hope i'm wrong but Hibs are a true reflection of the 10/1 being offered......

And vastly overrated when he scored about 26 goals for us?

Johnny Clash
28-09-2017, 07:50 PM
I agree with those who say Leigh will be on the bench and if he does come on and scores I think his celebration will be very muted.

Having said that I hope our defence play out of their skins and manage another clean sheet and that Stokes's grabs a couple at the other end. Most Celtc fans think they will breeze this so hoping that arrogance rubs off on their team.

Can't wait to hear the hibees lucky enough to go sing 'you're not invincible' !!

RossScott1991
28-09-2017, 08:41 PM

Hibs fan - Yes

You honestly saying if you were a footballer and brought up supporting Hibs, and already fulfilled dream by playing for club you wouldn't then try to make a good living ?

Sure his family would survive just fine on 3k a week. But they would survive a lot better for many years on that times 5.

Don't see your issue with fans who are still fond of Leigh. This is a guy who scored one of the best goals at tynecastle, 30 yards out. So yes, I like Leigh. Come Saturday I will hope he has a stinker and doesn't harm us on the field. But apart from that I like to see him do well.

OxoHibby
28-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Or he's a stick on to have mixed feelings when the hibees win

Tomsk
28-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Spot on.

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2017, 09:12 PM
More chance of Efe scoring against them than Griffiths scoring against us.

Should he do his usual celebration or keep things muted out of respect for his former club?!

pacorosssco
29-09-2017, 12:21 AM
He wasn't.

A young Graham Dorrans was an unused sub that day though.
Snodgrass too?

pacorosssco
29-09-2017, 12:25 AM
Leigh G will want to start and to score and to win for Celtic. No problem with that. Hibs are his team but he plays for Celtic. Hope he has a stinker but hes done well pushed himself to a great level. Hes good enough to play EPL and hope helps Scotland to two wins next games.

Ronniekirk
29-09-2017, 06:56 AM
More chance of Efe scoring against them than Griffiths scoring against us.

Should he do his usual celebration or keep things muted out of respect for his former club?!

He has said he wont celebrate if he scores against us as he has too much respect for the Club

green day
29-09-2017, 08:00 AM
He has said he wont celebrate if he scores against us as he has too much respect for the Club

Yep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41434869

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Yep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41434869

:top marks

I knew it. Still a Hibee at heart.

Spike Mandela
29-09-2017, 08:37 AM
I am more looking forward to hopefully seeing our goalkeeper and defenders walking off the pitch with a satisied smile that they kept a clean sheet against Celtic.

Defence will be key on Saturday and in the semi final.

J-C
29-09-2017, 09:15 AM
:top marks

I knew it. Still a Hibee at heart.

SHHH! Don't tell MWHIBBIES that. :greengrin

Captain Trips
29-09-2017, 09:27 AM
As I said it was a poor squad we had yet he shined proving his ability and would have been easy to slate things but he didn't.

He again has not hidden he supports us and seems proud of it. I like the guy, I cant wish him well at Celtic as my focus is on Hibs and we come first our players come first.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2017, 09:44 AM

I was meaning Efe!!

JennaFletcher
29-09-2017, 11:59 AM
As others have said, Celtic are his employers and pay him a handsome salary for his services. Not fussed if he celebrates for them but hopefully he doesn't score!

surreyhibbie
29-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Ideal situation - Griffiths scores against us and doesn't celebrate. Keeps his employers happy.

then Stokesy scores twice and we win 2-1

everybody happy!

:thumbsup::greengrin

Future17
30-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Yes and no.

Is It On....
30-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Apologies if it's been mentioned already but there was a great article yesterday on the BBC website about LG. Apparently he hasn't played against us and he won't celebrate if he ever scores against us either.