PDA

View Full Version : Lennon this weekend at Parkhead

California-Hibs
26-09-2017, 09:30 AM
I understand it's his former team, and all the emotions that come along with going back to Celtic in the opposing dugout etc, and all it brings. I for one just really hope there's no over the top love-in and Neil remembers he's there as manager of US!

Reading a few articles the past few days has been a bit sick worthy. 'Special club for me, emotional going back' etc. as I say, I get it, however it still leaves me a bit irritated..

Love our Neil and the work he's doing.

Swedish hibee
26-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Not a chance.

CapitalGreen
26-09-2017, 09:31 AM
I understand it's his former team, and all the emotions that come along with going back to Celtic in the opposing dugout etc, and all it brings. I for one just really hope there's no over the top love-in and Neil remembers he's there as manager of US!

Reading a few articles the past few days has been a bit sick worthy. 'Special club for me, emotional going back' etc. as I say, I get it, however it still leaves me a bit irritated..

If this was a Hibs legend visiting Easter Road as an opposition manager we would be lapping it up.

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2017, 09:32 AM

It was always going to be the main line of questioning to him in the build up to this game. His main quote for me is this tho

But it will be emotional for all of 30 seconds, then it’s down to work. Hibs are my team now

He'll get a good response from the Celtic fans, so will make it even sweeter when at 4.50pm, we leave victorious :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
26-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Listen to him on Hibs tv, he says he is Hibernian manager now.

MyJo
26-09-2017, 09:33 AM
I think Lennon will be absolutely desperate to beat Celtic :agree:

Hillsidehibby
26-09-2017, 09:35 AM
I am sure he won't forget who he works for now but I understand how he feels
How do you think Stubbsy would be treated/feel if he came back to ER as a manager of another club?

Future17
26-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Lennon will want to win this.

JeMeSouviens
26-09-2017, 09:43 AM

:agree: ... they talked to Lennon before appointing Rodgers. He and Stokes have a bit of a point to prove.

Hibbyradge
26-09-2017, 09:44 AM
I expect he'll get a warm welcome from the Celtic fans and he'll give them a wave or a round of applause.

After that, it's down to the business of trying to get a result.

With the semi-final in mind, I'm praying we don't get thumped!

Johnny Clash
26-09-2017, 09:53 AM

There's really no need to get irritated . Neil Lennon is a professional and fully committed to the Hibs cause, He'll be 100% focused on Hibs winning and there'll be nowt wrong with his memory. Just as Sparky will be putting a shift in for Celtc. It's not Roy of the Rovers stuff - we're talking about professionals here.

1van Sprou7e
26-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm not concerned in the slightest about Lennon

I am however slightly worried that Ambrose tries a little too hard to prove a point in front of the septic fans. Same goes for Stokes, needs to keep his heid

Sir David Gray
26-09-2017, 10:07 AM
If this was a Hibs legend visiting Easter Road as an opposition manager we would be lapping it up.

But it's not so we're not.

I actually don't think Lennon will be over the top with his "love in" with their fans. He'll probably acknowledge them with a wave at the start as he takes his seat on the bench then that will be it.

I have no doubts about where his loyalties will lie on Saturday.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2017, 10:13 AM
He'll get a good reception, he'll give them a wave or a clap and then he'll get on with his job.

Broken Gnome
26-09-2017, 10:16 AM
As long as everyone knows they don't need to have a hissy fit if he acknowledges the Celtic support at all. This is all quite unique, and be's allowed to - unless it's a big mutual fawn-fest no one needs to get their knickers in a twist over what happens. It's not a Wilkins/Rangers affair.

Nicho87
26-09-2017, 10:16 AM
He was a successful player and manager there, polite round of applause will be enough. He has already stated after 30 seconds its back to work. No doubt what so ever he wont be wanting to go there and be embarrassed. a good fighting performance. Free hit at celtic these days, nothing to lose.

JimBHibees
26-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Nothing to worry about imo and not sure it merits discussion unless they score and he crowd surfs into the celtc supporters behind the bench. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
26-09-2017, 10:26 AM
There's every chance he'll rip off his Hibs tracksuit top to reveal a Celtic shirt then run into the centre circle, fall to his knees whilst kissing the badge and finish off by blessing himself and the fans in all 4 stands, before taking his proper seat on the home bench.

Least I'd expect, to be fair.

xyz23jc
26-09-2017, 10:31 AM
There's every chance he'll rip off his Hibs tracksuit top to reveal a Celtic shirt then run into the centre circle, fall to his knees whilst kissing the badge and finish off by blessing himself and the fans in all 4 stands, before taking his proper seat on the home bench.

:faf::thumbsup: Kwality! Hoping it will be of the same variety that he gave at Greyskull after we equalised! Doubt it tho....:greengrin

Nutmegged
26-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Hard to have problem with it, his name is synonymous with Celtic, player, captain, manager, the only guy to play for them and manage them in the Champions League too, it is what it is, the first time he'll have faced them as an opponent, he's a born winner though, he won't be taking a back seat, just the same way Leigh Griffiths loves Hibs but will put us to the sword if he gets an opportunity (although he won't revel in it)

yonder1875
26-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Hopefully he runs down the touchline Mourinho-style when we score a late winner.

LioNeilMessi
26-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Hard to have problem with it, his name is synonymous with Celtic, player, captain, manager, the only guy to play for them and manage them in the Champions League too, it is what it is, the first time he'll have faced them as an opponent, he's a born winner though, he won't be taking a back seat, just the same way Leigh Griffiths loves Hibs but will put us to the sword if he gets an opportunity (although he won't revel in it)

Not looking forward to us playing against Sparky for the first time on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
26-09-2017, 12:03 PM
OP gets irritated way too easily I think.

Won't be an issue at all unless you let your hatred of Celtic get in the way.

Be prepared for him to wave to their fans. You gonna be ok??!

DH1875
26-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Not looking forward to us playing against Sparky for the first time on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what he'll be like when he scores.

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2017, 12:11 PM
He's a born and bread Celtic man. I get that. Won't bother me if he gives them a wave as long as we do the buisness on the park

MyJo
26-09-2017, 12:13 PM

I think he is saving that for when we go back to Ibrox :greengrin

EH54
26-09-2017, 12:14 PM
I understand it but I have to admit I don't overly like it. It will be even sweeter for Lennon to break the unbeaten record at Celtic park on his return though :)

Johnny Clash
26-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Wonder what he'll be like when he scores.

Subdued! Very subdued ... might irritate a few Celtc but I think most accept he's a Hibee. Sparky might even wave to the Hibs fans before the game if/when Lennon's acknowledging any warmth that he gets from the home stands. Nothing to get knickers in a twist about!

SanFranHibs
26-09-2017, 12:18 PM
I would be more disappointed if he did not get emotional. Would prove he lies about his attachments to clubs.

It is his raw emotion and loyalty that makes him the person he is.

Take the applause from their fans and then hand them their first defeat in a domestic competition in quite some time.

:flag::flag::flag:

stantonhibby
26-09-2017, 12:20 PM
He's a born and bread Celtic man. I get that. Won't bother me if he gives them a wave as long as we do the buisness on the park

Hopefully uses his loaf on Saturday.

Hibbyradge
26-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Hopefully uses his loaf on Saturday.

You're on a roll.

Smartie
26-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Which doughnut thought it was a good idea to start the puns?

MyJo
26-09-2017, 12:48 PM

dont know but it looks like this thread is going down the pan.

stantonhibby
26-09-2017, 12:50 PM

Apologies...was me , couldn't resist when I saw the post in question.

This thread will be toast soon.

MyJo
26-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Apologies...was me , couldn't resist when I saw the post in question.

This thread will be toast soon.

You butter believe it :hide:

davym7062
26-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Nothing to worry about imo and not sure it merits discussion unless they score and he crowd surfs into the celtc supporters behind the bench. :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

California-Hibs
26-09-2017, 01:08 PM
OP gets irritated way too easily I think.

Won't be an issue at all unless you let your hatred of Celtic get in the way.

Be prepared for him to wave to their fans. You gonna be ok??!

🙈......settle down.

Hibbyradge
26-09-2017, 01:29 PM
You butter believe it :hide:

That one takes the biscuit.

WhileTheChief..
26-09-2017, 06:20 PM
This should ease any doubts. Hibees Hooch :cb

https://youtu.be/GnrO2BCvkrU

greenlex
26-09-2017, 07:27 PM
He's already said it'll be 30 secs of emotion then down to business.

Hi Heid Yin
26-09-2017, 07:48 PM

:agree::agree:

MyJo
26-09-2017, 07:48 PM
He's already said it'll be 30 secs of emotion then down to business.

Reminds me of married life :greengrin

California-Hibs
29-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Article today, he's said - 'if we win, I'll not be celebrating. It's three points and we move on.'

This is exactly the kind of chat I was talking about in my opening post. C'mon Neil, even if that may be the case, us Hibees don't want to read stuff like that!

LancsHibs
29-09-2017, 08:10 AM
I'll certainly be celebrating even if he's not😁🍻

Johnny Clash
29-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Article today, he's said - 'if we win, I'll not be celebrating. It's three points and we move on.'

This is exactly the kind of chat I was talking about in my opening post. C'mon Neil, even if that may be the case, us Hibees don't want to read stuff like that!

He also said he'd be very upset if we lose ... and 'go home and kick the cat'

Similarly Sparky spoke to BBC Scotland :

" Leigh Griffiths insists his love of Hibernian will prevent him from celebrating should he score against his boyhood heroes for Celtic on Saturday."
He wants to score. It always makes him happy to score but he doesn't think it appropriate to celebrate as he has too much respect for Hibs,

jacomo
29-09-2017, 09:04 AM

I was at ER when Tony Mowbray returned as Celtc boss and I thought he acted like a bit of a tool.

Lenny is going about this the right way imo. Celtc was a huge part of his life and there's no denying it. But I am confident he is fully focused on his current job.

lord bunberry
29-09-2017, 09:06 AM
He also said he'd be very upset if we lose ... and 'go home and kick the cat'

Similarly Sparky spoke to BBC Scotland :

" Leigh Griffiths insists his love of Hibernian will prevent him from celebrating should he score against his boyhood heroes for Celtic on Saturday."
He wants to score. It always makes him happy to score but he doesn't think it appropriate to celebrate as he has too much respect for Hibs,
I also think that it didn't help that almost every question he had to answer during yesterday's press conference were related to his time at Celtic. I've got no doubt in my mind that he'll be 100% focused on getting a win for hibs.

CMurdoch
29-09-2017, 12:03 PM
The non celebrating thing against former clubs is cringeworthy and bogus.

IMO Lennon and Griffiths should acknowledge the opposition supporters in the warm up.

However, if Griffiths scores against Hibs he should celebrate with his team as he would any other goal.
Similarly if Hibs win on Saturday Lennon should go mental.

IGRIGI
29-09-2017, 12:16 PM
I was at ER when Tony Mowbray returned as Celtc boss and I thought he acted like a bit of a tool.

He did a huddle in the centre circle at full time, grade A ****ing roaster.