PDA

View Full Version : The worst run club in British football

IanM
25-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Hope the link works

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/09/23/blackpool-fc-the-worst-run-club-in-british-football-left-to-rot/

Astonishing stuff..

Lancs Harp
25-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Hope the link works

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/09/23/blackpool-fc-the-worst-run-club-in-british-football-left-to-rot/

Astonishing stuff..

As a Hibs/Seasider you couldnt believe whats gone on at that club.

Devonhibs
25-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Wow thats some mental club going ons.

frazeHFC
25-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Been to a few Blackpool games over the years as I have family near there. Feel bad for the fans, when you mention the name Oyston their blood boils.

Fergos
25-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Feel for the fans.

You would think the FA would have some justification for stepping in surely.

hibs#1
25-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Yikes the oyston's seem like grade a fuds surely the fa or fifa could step in?

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Horrible position to be in for the fans. How could you pay in to that family but at the same time, it's your team!!

Hopefully somehow they can get these clowns out of a position of authority and regain power of their club

LancsHibs
25-09-2017, 10:43 PM
Yes the Oystons are horrible c#%$. Make Wallace Mercer look endearing

CraigHibee
26-09-2017, 12:04 AM
Wow, that's incredible, what an absolute shambles

NAE NOOKIE
26-09-2017, 01:16 AM
As I walked out of the last Blackpool v Hibs friendly at Bloomfield road a few years back I'll never forget the two Blackpool fans, passing in a car I hasten to add, who delighted in shouting at us how ***** Hibs were ...... not so f'ing clever now eh? :greengrin

Nah, but in all seriousness how can you not feel sorry for the Blackpool fans .... their club is being run into the ground by a bunch of asset stripping wasters who clearly feel nothing for the club, never mind its supporters. The astonishing thing is the childish spite ...... personalised number plates mocking the fans and removing the statue of a club and football legend from outside the stadium, quite incredible behaviour towards people you are asking to pay to watch the club you own.

I know the FA and Football league have a fit and proper persons test, probably not worth the paper its written on if Blackpool, Leeds Utd and Leyton Orient to name but a few are anything to go by. They probably have even less power to actually remove a clubs owners I would guess.

There's one thing these guys should be aware of .... If this was happening in South America or Italy the least of their worries would be folk chucking tennis balls ... come to think of it, the Blackpool fans could do worse than learn a lesson from a club a bit closer to home than South America or Italy, I seem to recall a guy who wanted to get involved with them who ended up pulling out because the heat got ramped up in a rather direct manner :greengrin

What the 'owners' of any football club big or small should never fail to realise is that even if they do have a bit of paper saying they 'own' the club its just that, a meaningless bit of paper .......... In reality football clubs belong to the fans because without them the club dies. Just because their love for the club means they will pay ridiculous prices for what is in reality a T shirt worth ten quid and three quid for a pie worth fifty pence doesn't mean they are stupid. Fail to recognise that fact and you are doomed, when you go as far as taking legal action against them and ignoring and even mocking them then you truly are an idiot and deserve everything that's coming to you :aok:

Swedish hibee
26-09-2017, 01:22 AM
It's completely rotten. Incredible that the English FA hasn't stepped in, giving the fans or staff zero support or help. What's going on at Blackburn is equally shocking. I know a Blackburn fan over here and the stories he tells are gobsmacking.

MB62
26-09-2017, 10:54 AM
I don't understand why ANY PLAYER would want to sign for the club, having read what has happened over the recent years.

It's possible the best way to get them out, campaign against players signing, the club goes bust due to not being able to fulfil their commitments, then the fans can start afresh with a brand new club.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2017, 03:01 PM
As I walked out of the last Blackpool v Hibs friendly at Bloomfield road a few years back I'll never forget the two Blackpool fans, passing in a car I hasten to add, who delighted in shouting at us how ***** Hibs were ...... not so f'ing clever now eh? :greengrin

Nah, but in all seriousness how can you not feel sorry for the Blackpool fans .... their club is being run into the ground by a bunch of asset stripping wasters who clearly feel nothing for the club, never mind its supporters. The astonishing thing is the childish spite ...... personalised number plates mocking the fans and removing the statue of a club and football legend from outside the stadium, quite incredible behaviour towards people you are asking to pay to watch the club you own.

I know the FA and Football league have a fit and proper persons test, probably not worth the paper its written on if Blackpool, Leeds Utd and Leyton Orient to name but a few are anything to go by. They probably have even less power to actually remove a clubs owners I would guess.

There's one thing these guys should be aware of .... If this was happening in South America or Italy the least of their worries would be folk chucking tennis balls ... come to think of it, the Blackpool fans could do worse than learn a lesson from a club a bit closer to home than South America or Italy, I seem to recall a guy who wanted to get involved with them who ended up pulling out because the heat got ramped up in a rather direct manner :greengrin

What the 'owners' of any football club big or small should never fail to realise is that even if they do have a bit of paper saying they 'own' the club its just that, a meaningless bit of paper .......... In reality football clubs belong to the fans because without them the club dies. Just because their love for the club means they will pay ridiculous prices for what is in reality a T shirt worth ten quid and three quid for a pie worth fifty pence doesn't mean they are stupid. Fail to recognise that fact and you are doomed, when you go as far as taking legal action against them and ignoring and even mocking them then you truly are an idiot and deserve everything that's coming to you :aok:

Thats exactly what the first chairman of the Blackpool Trust said on a fans message board and got threatened with court action. He settled out of court for £20,000. Its one of the Oystons tactics to try and bully any oppostion into silence, they know the vast majority of fans cant afford to defend a liable action and bully people into settling out of court. Which doesnt say alot for our justice system, you'd think by 2017 we'd gotten past justice being dished out by who has the most money/power/both. They are about to get their comeuppance though, the minority shareholder, Valerie Belokon will get the court judgment against them sometime next month in a long and bitter court battle against the Oystons. He is pretty nailed on to win its just a question of the amount, fans hope it will be such a large sum that the club changing hands becomes part of the deal.

HFCdeb
26-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Quite simply astonishing that this is happening. Really feel for the Blackpool fans, what a Hellish situation for them. Hope they get the Oyston's out ASAP and start to recover.