PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: WHITTAKER AND MCGINN CALLED-UP FOR SCOTLAND DUTY

RSS Bot
25-09-2017, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7922)

DarlingtonHibee
25-09-2017, 12:18 PM
I'd rather they focused on Hibs...

Hibernian Verse
25-09-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm all for Hibs players being called up, but Whittaker hasn't done enough to stay in the Hibs team for me - let alone the national squad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

neil7908
25-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Well done guys, I suspect neither will get any time on the pitch nut good to see our players being recognised.

Michael
25-09-2017, 01:10 PM
I'd rather they focused on Hibs...

You'd rather they rejected the call up?

Godsahibby
25-09-2017, 01:11 PM
How is Whittaker getting a call up. He's been poor

DarlingtonHibee
25-09-2017, 01:17 PM
You'd rather they rejected the call up?

They are not going to play, what is the point?

pacoluna
25-09-2017, 01:18 PM
McGinn played against Lithuania.

Michael
25-09-2017, 01:20 PM

That's what a squad is for - if someone gets an injury then SW or JM can step in. McGinn could realistically be involved though.

IlDiavola
25-09-2017, 04:34 PM
The recognition is great but I hope they don't get injured if they are given game time.

where'stheslope
25-09-2017, 05:19 PM
The recognition is great but I hope they don't get injured if they are given game time.

This is always the problem in players getting call ups!

OK if you have a big squad like the Uglies, but for us any injuries can cause big disruption to our plans.

Also the travelling can take its toll on a players fitness.

Great that they have been chosen, but at this time I would rather they were not!!!!

Hermit Crab
25-09-2017, 05:25 PM
How is Whittaker getting a call up. He's been poor

So has McGinn.

heretoday
26-09-2017, 09:43 AM
So has McGinn.

He hasn't been at his best.

Brooster
26-09-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm all for Hibs players being called up, but Whittaker hasn't done enough to stay in the Hibs team for me - let alone the national squad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do you not think he played well at Ross County?

Souter96Mac
26-09-2017, 10:01 AM
He hasn't been at his best.

Not so super

brog
26-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Instead of complaining about Hibs players not deserving to be selected for a Scotland squad I'd prefer it if we complained about Paul Hanlon not being selected! IMO he's proved over last few seasons he's by far our best CB & our best partnership is Paul & Darren. When I see Berra, Mulgrew & Hanley before him & only a year or so back Gordon Greer then Paul must wonder what he has to do to earn a call up. With an all left footed back 5 in our last 2 games he'd fit right in as well!

Brightside
26-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Instead of complaining about Hibs players not deserving to be selected for a Scotland squad I'd prefer it if we complained about Paul Hanlon not being selected! IMO he's proved over last few seasons he's by far our best CB & our best partnership is Paul & Darren. When I see Berra, Mulgrew & Hanley before him & only a year or so back Gordon Greer then Paul must wonder what he has to do to earn a call up. With an all left footed back 5 in our last 2 games he'd fit right in as well!

Correct. He's certainly better than the 3 you have mentioned. BUT Strachan only watches re-runs of old scotland games to pick his squad.

Young McGregor from Celtic ignored again also.

KWJ
26-09-2017, 11:11 PM

Exactly.

Mental the things that folk find to complain about. Players being picked for international squads is a positive. God forbid we should have further success and more internationals for players to continue to improve.