PDA

View Full Version : Reduce Ticket allocation for Away Fans

Scott Allan Key
24-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Just been watching the Bigotfest at Ibrox and noted Celtic are given a whole stand, 7000 tickets; 7 x our and any other teams' allocation.

Given the 'it's time to roll over' approach on the EBT and independent enquiry appeal, I think the least Hibs could do is back our fans for games v Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen (I'm ambivalent about making a special arrangement with the Yams for the Derby), and half their ticket allocation to allow the extra Hibs fans who are backing the club this season to benefit.

It'd restore some faith in the board and would show it's about putting Hibs fans first before filthy Celtc/Sevco lucre. I'd guess this probably all agreed ticketwise this season but we need to show next season that we're accommodating our fans given the underrepresentation of tickets we receive at Ibrox and Parkhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
24-09-2017, 11:11 PM
Just been watching the Bigotfest at Ibrox and noted Celtic are given a whole stand, 7000 tickets; 7 x our and any other teams' allocation.

Given the 'it's time to roll over' approach on the EBT and independent enquiry appeal, I think the least Hibs could do is back our fans for games v Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen (I'm ambivalent about making a special arrangement with the Yams for the Derby), and half their ticket allocation to allow the extra Hibs fans who are backing the club this season to benefit.

It'd restore some faith in the board and would show it's about putting Hibs fans first before filthy Celtc/Sevco lucre. I'd guess this probably all agreed ticketwise this season but we need to show next season that we're accommodating our fans given the underrepresentation of tickets we receive at Ibrox and Parkhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:agree:

Sir David Gray
24-09-2017, 11:14 PM
If the Hibs fans turn out in good numbers in our next few home games then I think we might reduce the allocation of the Old Firm.

It would be great to see it happen.

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2017, 11:30 PM
Give the Old Firm the same proportion of away tickets as they give us: less than two per cent of stadium capacity. They rip the pish out of us with tickets; there weren't enough to go away around for the away games at their stadia. It's time to stop it.

Scott Allan Key
24-09-2017, 11:31 PM
If we're having a good run in the next two months, I'd hope the back to back games at home in December in 4 days will sell out, irrespective of the kick off times.

The key is keeping our form.

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-09-2017, 07:09 AM
I'm sure if we can sell out the home end for the entire season the club would consider something like this.

It has to make business sense and not just a GIRUY to the OF cause there's a bit of a feel good factor right now. We need to show consistency with attendances first of all otherwise it will look a bit silly imo

kaimendhibs
25-09-2017, 07:16 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk100 per cent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bigstu
25-09-2017, 07:25 AM
To be fair to the Old Firm, they've been filling our away section for years & will do for years to come. I'd leave it for this season & see if our home demand stays high for tickets & change it next season if required.
If we did cut their allocation then a large chunk of seats would need to be kept empty for segregation & the number of police employed would need to go right up.

Lancs Harp
25-09-2017, 08:04 AM
I would give the OF half of the south. Our average gate is currently 17,200 and surely demand would be higher against our Weegie friends. I would let Hearts have the entire end, if of course they recipricate the gesture.

.Sean.
25-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Give the Old Firm two blocks and as long as we get the full end at Tynecastle give them the ful stand.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2017, 08:41 AM
It’s not a derby unless you have a good amount of away fans. Hibs and Hearts give each other a full stand, long may it continue. However if we were able to cut Rangers and Celtic allocations, I’m all for it

lucky
25-09-2017, 08:56 AM
We can't fill our stands as it is so why cause the club to lose money?

Carheenlea
25-09-2017, 08:56 AM
What Rangers and Celtic give for away fans is more than enough for most clubs in the SPFL. Like us, they have a reciprocal arrangement for derbys, but who else sells out? We have seen tickets fly off the shelf for both Ibrox and Celtic Park in record time, but that hasn't always been the case. There have been sell outs in the past, but our sales have been over days and weeks to get to that stage. The demand might not be same later in season, as far as 5 minute sell outs at least.
Other than us, who else sells out? Aberdeen will fill Ibrox, and Hearts will fill most of their seats at both grounds, but other than that it's a smattering of visiting fans most weeks. I'm all for giving the Old Firm a kicking, but in this instance I can't see too much fault with their visitors allocations.

Lancs Harp
25-09-2017, 09:03 AM
We can't fill our stands as it is so why cause the club to lose money?

We're not a million miles away from filling our stands (current average 17,200) and home demand would be greater against the OF. Our ticket priority should be Hibs fans over anyone elses, we'll fill the ground against both of them. Ths isnt Hibs of 5/10/20 years ago, we've not had gates and support like this for decades.

monarch
25-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Taking the emotion out of the argument the fact is that it doesn't make good business sense to cut the Uglies' allocation.

These games will be televised plus some will kick off at the graveyard slot of around mid day on Sundays which history shows affects attendances.

There's no point in harming our finances just to get one over the Old Firm. Despite our manageable financial position I would imagine, following our summer signing spree, that every pound is still a prisoner.

lucky
25-09-2017, 10:55 AM
We're not a million miles away from filling our stands (current average 17,200) and home demand would be greater against the OF. Our ticket priority should be Hibs fans over anyone elses, we'll fill the ground against both of them. Ths isnt Hibs of 5/10/20 years ago, we've not had gates and support like this for decades.

When was the last time we sold out ER against anyone bar Hearts on a couple of occasions? The number of empty seats in the FF against the Old Firm always increases as parents choose not to take their kids to games against them. I'd love it if we were able to reduce their allocation but it's a pointless exercise if it just causes us to lose money. Even if we were able to sell out most of the South there will be hundreds of empty seats because of segregation which in itself costs Hibs money.

BegbieHSC
25-09-2017, 11:05 AM
I'd be delighted to slash the old firm's allocation for our December games and onwards. We don't need their money, or additional bile. Give them 1000 each (same as what they give us), and fill the rest of the stand with hibees.

As popular as it might be, however, I wouldn't slash the gorgie gunts allocation - it's a derby - we should always get a stand at legoland, and they should get a stand at Easter Road. Special arrangements etc.

Lancs Harp
25-09-2017, 11:07 AM
When was the last time we sold out ER against anyone bar Hearts on a couple of occasions? The number of empty seats in the FF against the Old Firm always increases as parents choose not to take their kids to games against them. I'd love it if we were able to reduce their allocation but it's a pointless exercise if it just causes us to lose money. Even if we were able to sell out most of the South there will be hundreds of empty seats because of segregation which in itself costs Hibs money.

Fair points fella but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Why wouldnt we sell out, we have an average gate now about 3000 below our capacity, without having played Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen or any away side selling anything like their full allocation. There are always going to be empty seats in the FF because there are many kids there with cheap season tickets, where to them financially it doesnt matter whether they attend games or not and even so there is no reason where demand is high these tickets cant be upgraded. I dont see the need for hundreds of empty seats for segregation either, how many seats are used for segregation at Ibrox or Celtic Park or any of the big clubs in England?

Like I said its all about opinions, I'll keep to mine. :wink:

greenlex
25-09-2017, 11:12 AM
If we were to get the. Celtic allocation at Ibrox or the Rangers allocation at Parkhead we wouldn't sell them out. I'm all for cutting their Easter Road allocation but we need to think about this realistically. A run of poor results and we will be back to 8k crowds sharp.

Andy74
25-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Let's sell out our own seats consistently then worry about this...

IWasThere2016
25-09-2017, 11:16 AM

This. The Board wouldn't consider the OP's suggestion as in the club's interest IMHO - and they'd be correct IMHO.

monarch
25-09-2017, 02:52 PM
I'd be delighted to slash the old firm's allocation for our December games and onwards. We don't need their money, or additional bile. Give them 1000 each (same as what they give us), and fill the rest of the stand with hibees.

As popular as it might be, however, I wouldn't slash the gorgie gunts allocation - it's a derby - we should always get a stand at legoland, and they should get a stand at Easter Road. Special arrangements etc.

"We don't need their money" - Who told you this? Was it Rod Petrie, Tom Farmer or Leeann Dempster or as I suspect the guy in the queue at Greggs.

Easy to to say without accountability.

Please never go into business.

Seveno
25-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Would it be possible to build some pillars into a corner of the South Stand to create a restricted view?

Keith_M
25-09-2017, 05:19 PM
IF we continued to sell 16k+ to home fans consistently for two or three years, I'd back giving Sevco and Celtc only half the South Stand, but it's way too early to be making that kind of decision.

Just remember that Hearts only did that in a stadium with a capacity 3k lower than ours, so it's a very different scenario.

Also, as others have pointed out, selling out away games to Sevco/Rangers is something we've only done in the last few years. I'm sure the upcoming Celtc game is the first time in ages we've sold out.

Brooster
25-09-2017, 06:03 PM
If we begin to get 19k crowds outwith the big 4 regularly and HSL contributions increase I would be all for reducing the away allocation but until then we cannot take the financial hit such steps would bring.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Seeing as £25/£10 is too much for some of our fans for a cup semi it's hard to see the same people parting with £28/£14, so would probably struggle to shift the extra tickets.

Ronniekirk
26-09-2017, 10:47 PM
A Celtic fan at work said they get charged 50 quid a ticket at I Ibrox Anyone able to confirm that
Just wouldn't pay that

SChibs
27-09-2017, 06:45 AM
To the people who want to give them 1000 tickets and fill the rest with hibs fans, thats impossible. The stand can only be segregated in a category A game down the middle, it would need to be 50/50.

On another note the Sheffield derby had the away fans above home fans on Sunday which is always debated about being allowed on here. Might not be a rule against it in England though

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2017, 07:34 AM
A Celtic fan at work said they get charged 50 quid a ticket at I Ibrox Anyone able to confirm that
Just wouldn't pay that

I bet it isn't far off fifty notes, which would mean £375,000 for Sevco from Celtc fans alone.

SChibs
27-09-2017, 07:43 AM
I bet it isn't far off fifty notes, which would mean £375,000 for Sevco from Celtc fans alone.

I think it's about £50 but I'm pretty sure it was implemented by celtic for the first derby last year (celtic Park) and it was copied by rangers.

People moan and hibs fleecing the fans but celtic are the worst culprits imo, ticket prices plus charging punters to print their own ticket. All adds up

Renfrew_Hibby
27-09-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm sure the price was set at £49 last season for all old firm fixtures, Celtic park or Ibrox.

Carheenlea
27-09-2017, 11:58 AM
The Hearts tickets have been sale a week and a small number still remain to be sold. We are a still a bit away yet for reducing Old Firm allocations without looking silly.

Albanian Hibs
27-09-2017, 12:23 PM
The Hearts tickets have been sale a week and a small number still remain to be sold. We are a still a bit away yet for reducing Old Firm allocations without looking silly.

There are under 30 tickets left

hibbysam
27-09-2017, 12:36 PM

Turn that around, the game is on the verge of selling out 4 weeks before the game takes place.

Leith's finest
27-09-2017, 01:04 PM
At begining of season sell a gloryhunter st for the south stand includes only seats for game againt old firm lol

Sylar
27-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Tickets for the recent OF game were £49 each - the vast majority of the home crowd is STs, so it's principally the away fans who are forced to pay this - I think of that as being a kind of insurance money for when they inevitibly do damage to one another's hovel.

One of the above posters was spot on though - take out the emotion, and as a business decision, it's a silly move.

Having said that, the next time Celtc come to Easter Road, charge them the equivalent of what we pay at their midden and then erect some temporary structure right in front of them to block out half of the pitch from their view. The seating at Ibrox might be horrible, with knuckledraggers on either side of you and above, throwing things into our end, but at least you can see the entirety of the park!

Keith_M
27-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Tickets for the recent OF game were £49 each - the vast majority of the home crowd is STs, so it's principally the away fans who are forced to pay this - I think of that as being a kind of insurance money for when they inevitibly do damage to one another's hovel.

One of the above posters was spot on though - take out the emotion, and as a business decision, it's a silly move.

Having said that, the next time Celtc come to Easter Road, charge them the equivalent of what we pay at their midden and then erect some temporary structure right in front of them to block out half of the pitch from their view. The seating at Ibrox might be horrible, with knuckledraggers on either side of you and above, throwing things into our end, but at least you can see the entirety of the park!

Aside from not having any restricted view seats, I thought we already did?

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2017, 01:32 PM

It's a nice idea, at the moment the demand isn't there and we could look silly and lose money. One for the future.

Scott Allan Key
27-09-2017, 01:53 PM
It is probably something to consider next season, if we are still getting high home gates and increase our season tickets. I have been presuming that we've budgeted for this season, at least until the split. How much money would we lose by segregation v bigots/Sheep? How many seats were left for playoff game v Rangers at home?

I am partly wanting to do this because of my own status as an out of town walk up. I'd like to go to the big games, if necessary in South Stand and am hoping we keep high attendances to justify doing this. I don't know the exact details but been a Hibs fan long enough to know it's as much an economic decision as anything.

IGRIGI
27-09-2017, 03:17 PM
I don't like given away fans the full South stand, gives them too much of a chance to dictate the atmosphere.

Shove them in a tiny corner somewhere like Ibrox.

Scott Allan Key
27-09-2017, 03:23 PM
I don't like given away fans the full South stand, gives them too much of a chance to dictate the atmosphere.

Shove them in a tiny corner somewhere like Ibrox.

If they get a head of steam, it can be particularly galling. The potential for more Hibees, could and should galvanise our own side and reinforce the fortress we'd like to have at home.

MartinfaePorty
27-09-2017, 04:26 PM
My Dons-supporting mate told me a week or so ago that their fans have been warned there may a reduction in the normal ticket allowance for ER. Not sure the source at his end and whether just conjecture or based on information received. Will ask him tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
27-09-2017, 04:39 PM
My Dons-supporting mate told me a week or so ago that their fans have been warned there may a reduction in the normal ticket allowance for ER. Not sure the source at his end and whether just conjecture or based on information received. Will ask him tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sure Aberdeen are just a category B game which would be the same as the rest of the cat B games this season so far.

Hermit Crab
29-09-2017, 08:35 PM
After seeing and hearing those vile animals at Hamilton tonight we have to reduce their allocation, ram their money. Us first.

hibbysam
29-09-2017, 09:30 PM
After seeing and hearing those vile animals at Hamilton tonight we have to reduce their allocation, ram their money. Us first.

Going by Leeann's reply to myself there seems absolutely no chance of us restricting allocations. Wrong decision in my opinion.

Bristolhibby
30-09-2017, 12:26 AM
It’s not a derby unless you have a good amount of away fans. Hibs and Hearts give each other a full stand, long may it continue. However if we were able to cut Rangers and Celtic allocations, I’m all for it

This. **** the OF. They give us a laughable amount of Away tickets.

At least Hearts respect the quid pro quo.

J

Billy Whizz
30-09-2017, 09:34 AM
This. **** the OF. They give us a laughable amount of Away tickets.

At least Hearts respect the quid pro quo.

J

That’s because it’s a derby. Rangers and celtic give each other larger quantities
If we want to reduce their allocation, we need more fans in, simple as that

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 11:23 AM
This PR from Hibs is basically saying in a roundabout way if we sell out the Cat A games then they will accommodate Hibs fans in the south stand for games v Aberdeen, Huns and Celtic. Hearts get the whole end as per the gentleman agreement. Get buying folks because we will reduce the away fans if we see out our stands first. :flag:

Tickets for our home games up to the home fixture against Rangers on Wednesday 13 December are now on sale.
For all of our matches at Easter Road Stadium in the Ladbrokes Premiership this season the supporters have come out in huge numbers, with the lowest crowd for a league match standing at 16,633 and Hibernian fans also being accommodated in the South Stand.
With tickets selling quickly for the Aberdeen and Hearts games, supporters looking to purchase tickets can do so in advance for all of our fixtures until 13 December for the visit of Pedro Caixinha’s side
The other games during this time period include the visits of Dundee, St Johnstone and Celtic to our home in Leith.
Tickets for Category B games are priced at £22 for adults and £12 for concessions, with all Category A games priced at £28 for adults and £14 for concessions.
Tickets can be bought online, by calling 0844 844 1875 and selecting option 1, or visiting the Hibernian Ticket Office in person during opening hours.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Going by Leeann's reply to myself there seems absolutely no chance of us restricting allocations. Wrong decision in my opinion.

Read the PR by Hibs, we will do it if we sell our home stands first. This was confirmed by a fans rep yesterday.

weecounty hibby
01-10-2017, 11:30 AM
This is maybe why we are selling tickets so far in advance. Sell out the home ends and then see what we can do in the Dunbar end. Would be great if we could do this against the OF

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 11:32 AM
This is maybe why we are selling tickets so far in advance. Sell out the home ends and then see what we can do in the Dunbar end. Would be great if we could do this against the OF

Exactly, sell tickets well in advance to get a good uptake so folk aren't having to fork out within weeks of a game. Means folk can budget. :agree:

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2017, 11:37 AM
If we can get over 17k for Motherwell then why should we give the Orks and Celtic the full stand? We don't need them and the less of them the better for our team. Hearts should get it and thats it.

Brooster
01-10-2017, 11:51 AM
That’s because it’s a derby. Rangers and celtic give each other larger quantities
If we want to reduce their allocation, we need more fans in, simple as that

Spot on Billy. We need 19k home fans regularly before we start cutting allocations. We are not at that stage yet.

Lancs Harp
01-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Spot on Billy. We need 19k home fans regularly before we start cutting allocations. We are not at that stage yet.

I dont agree. I dont see why not getting 19000 against anyone else has any bearing on what we would sell against Celtic or Rangers where surely demand would be greater than say against Hamilton. We average 17,200 so far this season without having yet played Celtic, Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen, surely we'd sell a couple of thousand extra against the OF.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2017, 12:13 PM
I dont agree. I dont see why not getting 19000 against anyone else has any bearing on what we would sell against Celtic or Rangers where surely demand would be greater than say against Hamilton. We average 17,200 so far this season without having yet played Celtic, Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen, surely we'd sell a couple of thousand extra against the OF.

The only problem with that being that these games are usually televised and that can stop fans attending.

Keith_M
01-10-2017, 12:22 PM

If Hibs were to restrict the OF allocation to 2k, there would be less than 18k tickets left for home fans, once segregation is taken into account (roughly 400 seats). We're currently selling almost 17k for games against Thistle and Motherwell, so we're not that far away from the 18k mark already.

However, I agree that it should only be done after we've been selling those numbers over a reasonable period of time.

OxoHibby
01-10-2017, 05:09 PM
If Hibs were to restrict the OF allocation to 2k, there would be less than 18k tickets left for home fans, once segregation is taken into account (roughly 400 seats). We're currently selling almost 17k for games against Thistle and Motherwell, so we're not that far away from the 18k mark already.

However, I agree that it should only be done after we've been selling those numbers over a reasonable period of time.

Or reduce their support and impact on the game now giving Hibs as much advantage as possible, leading to more wins and more success and more home fans

lyonhibs
02-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Even HahahaHearts are going to give the OF a full end in their new (though currently fictitious) 20,000 (give or take a few) seater (presence of ACTUAL seats still pending of course) stadium.

If a club with a global fanbase of 400,000 is doing it, I really don't see what a wee team like ours can do other than follow suit.......

.Sean.
02-10-2017, 02:07 PM
What was her reply mate?

Hermit Crab
03-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Even HahahaHearts are going to give the OF a full end in their new (though currently fictitious) 20,000 (give or take a few) seater (presence of ACTUAL seats still pending of course) stadium.

If a club with a global fanbase of 400,000 is doing it, I really don't see what a wee team like ours can do other than follow suit.......

No they're not, or am I missing the joke?

SChibs
03-10-2017, 06:28 AM
No they're not, or am I missing the joke?

Was reported in April they are planning on giving the old firm the roseburn stand

Hermit Crab
03-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Was reported in April they are planning on giving the old firm the roseburn stand

There are selling season tickets in the Roseburn. My understanding was that if they reached a certain level then they would not be giving the OF the full Roseburn, only us

Hermit Crab
03-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Falkirk v Dunfermline is £10 and £5 on Saturday and thats their derby match this season. How much did Falkirk charge us? £18 or £20 was it not?

My_Wife_Camille
03-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Falkirk v Dunfermline is £10 and £5 on Saturday and thats their derby match this season. How much did Falkirk charge us? £18 or £20 was it not?
It's a special offer for the Petriefac Cup

Billy Whizz
03-10-2017, 03:55 PM

Around that, but under 12’s were free

monktonharp
04-10-2017, 12:18 AM
Falkirk v Dunfermline is £10 and £5 on Saturday and thats their derby match this season. How much did Falkirk charge us? £18 or £20 was it not?WHAT EXACTLY HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE BUSES GOING UP THE MOUND? I thought this thread was more to do with if we gave less tickets to the OF, or if they gave us more at their grounds? the teams you mention, are in a lower league, they do class themselves as a derby match and dinnae quite like each other but do be sensible. it's a lower league match, it's a derby of sorts but it aint gonna be on tv. Falkirk and the Pars ken that we will fill our end (s) at games against them therefor they can charge us a bit more naw?

monktonharp
04-10-2017, 12:21 AM
18 pounds to Falkirk, hardly a big deal for us. not likely to stop Hibernian fans from going to that game, is it.?

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2017, 01:14 AM
I’d ban OF fans on account of the bile they spew which is anti sport and brings the game into disrepute. If they authorities had balls they’d have done this decades ago.

If they don’t let us do it then give them the bare minimum, which, based on what we get from them would about 200 tickets.

Damn them all to hades.

Hermit Crab
04-10-2017, 06:56 AM
WHAT EXACTLY HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE BUSES GOING UP THE MOUND? I thought this thread was more to do with if we gave less tickets to the OF, or if they gave us more at their grounds? the teams you mention, are in a lower league, they do class themselves as a derby match and dinnae quite like each other but do be sensible. it's a lower league match, it's a derby of sorts but it aint gonna be on tv. Falkirk and the Pars ken that we will fill our end (s) at games against them therefor they can charge us a bit more naw?

18 pounds to Falkirk, hardly a big deal for us. not likely to stop Hibernian fans from going to that game, is it.?

Good night? :drunk: :bevvied!: