PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Bit of Fun, Songs or Lyrics That Make you Think of A Football Team.

Foritza
24-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Inspired by the 'David Bowie Heroes' post made me delve into my record collection for songs or lyrics that I could relate to football teams. I thought this might be a fun post. Ok let me Kick off.

After the Hearts Scottish Cup replay at E.R. The 3 - 1 game sticking, to the Bowie theme , I played 'ZEROES' a Bowie song on his Never Let Me Down CD
Quote lyrics 'Tonight the Zeroes were singing for You' reminded of the way their fans backed their team that night,And have done since. Ok. follow that with a bit of fun or nostalgia, or whatever means something to you.

Hibbycol
24-09-2017, 07:50 PM
Chelsea daggers 2007 league cup final

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
24-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Chelsea daggers 2007 league cup final

Good call

Hibbycol
24-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Good callI'm to sexy ,right said Fred 1991 league cup final

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Never gonna change my love for you.
Glen Medeiros

Foritza
24-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Found This :-

Got the idea ? I dug this one out, made me think of the position they were [are still] in. Put some meat on the bones of what it made you think or feel.
Lyrics

Hearts for Sale
The Rolling Stones

(https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Rolling+Stones&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLQz9U3MM8tKwAA-MI0jQwAAAA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtt9KVxr7WAhUGUBQKHd0tBZQQMQgrMAA)

My spirit is winging
My soul is free
I'm doing my drinking
In good company
The music's screaming
My feet are flying
Everybody's laughing
And nobody's crying
Sneak suspicion
It drags me down
A nagging feeling
Going round
Hearts for sale
Going cheap
Hearts for sale
Lovers' leap

My belly's full
My glass is brimming
The women look so beautiful
And I feel like singing
The voice of conscience
The voice of reason
Is yecking in my plans
I call that treason
Hearts for sale
Going cheap
Hearts for sale
Blood runs deep
I'm losing my willpower
My blood's running cold
My body's on pause
My mind's stuck on hold
There ain't nothing I can do about it
Sneak suspicion

iwasthere1972
24-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Hearing The Mighty Quinn always takes me back to the late 60's at Easter Road. Song dedicated to Pat Quinn.

Hibbycol
24-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Born slippy 1991 cup ,also cos of trainspotting[emoji16]

Austinho
24-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Scottish Cup Final 2016, just before kick off. The Huns had that dirge Penny Arcade played for them over the PA, followed by The Proclaimers I'm On My Way for us. As soon as that started playing, the Hibs fans went wild. Everyone on their feet, belting it out at the top of their lungs.

It made the hairs on my neck stand up - it was obvious the Hibs fans were more up for it that day. That was the moment I knew we were going to win it.

Hibbycol
24-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Scottish Cup Final 2016, just before kick off. The Huns had that dirge Penny Arcade played for them over the PA, followed by The Proclaimers I'm On My Way for us. As soon as that started playing, the Hibs fans went wild. Everyone on their feet, belting it out at the top of their lungs.

It made the hairs on my neck stand up - it was obvious the Hibs fans were more up for it that day. That was the moment I knew we were going to win it.Played that at hibsden 2007 cup final at the end,with glory glory and then sunshine on Leith, and I cried uncontrollably with my two daughters looking at me and realising what hibs means to me [emoji23][emoji16]

SouthMoroccoStu
25-09-2017, 10:22 AM

It made the hairs on my neck stand up - it was obvious the Hibs fans were more up for it that day. That was the moment I knew we were going to win it.
Should have played 500 miles (imho)

Why they played penny arcade for the Huns (due to its hidden meanings and reference) I'll never know.

And people say the sfa aren't biased

ACLeith
25-09-2017, 10:38 AM
8 days a week, The Beatles
The workload needed for the Tiny stand to be finished this side of the new year

Smartie
25-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Should have played 500 miles (imho)

Why they played penny arcade for the Huns (due to its hidden meanings and reference) I'll never know.

And people say the sfa aren't biased

The hidden meanings and reference are up for debate though.

It's a funny thing about Rangers anthems - once you've heard them bang out one of their numbers a few times you just assume that it is some form of bigotry. They can take a Roy Orbison song, get a few thousand purple-faced, furious, middle-aged men to sing it with their big red hand in the air and you just assume that it is some pish about catholics or 17th century Irish politics.

What song do you take for Sevco? They manage to warp even the most innocent of songs, so that any choice looks like it is playing up to the bigoted hordes.

Ian Cathro
25-09-2017, 10:50 AM
The Silencers - I Can Feel It

Reminds me of the 04/05 season when we finished 3rd and qualified for Europe.

Peevemor
25-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Song 2 makes me think of Hibs /ER

greenginger
25-09-2017, 11:01 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-41385469

how about some poetry at the three Stand arena ?

SouthMoroccoStu
25-09-2017, 11:18 AM
The hidden meanings and reference are up for debate though.

It's a funny thing about Rangers anthems - once you've heard them bang out one of their numbers a few times you just assume that it is some form of bigotry. They can take a Roy Orbison song, get a few thousand purple-faced, furious, middle-aged men to sing it with their big red hand in the air and you just assume that it is some pish about catholics or 17th century Irish politics.

What song do you take for Sevco? They manage to warp even the most innocent of songs, so that any choice looks like it is playing up to the bigoted hordes.

Like any song they have it can attributed to religious hatred and ignorance

I thought this was due to the death of a Catholic man in Belfast in 1986 in an amusement arcade.

They will deny and put it down to being a catchy tune. Put that in the same category as their orange away shirt released to honour and celebrate the Dutch managers and players they had at the time?

What song do they play? No idea! That club (what ever incarnation we're talking about, are rotten to the core, like the vast majority of their supporters

McSwanky
25-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Moby's 'Why does my heart feel so bad' was played a fair bit over the tannoys in the weeks after the 6-2 IIRC.

Peanut Shaz
25-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Sit Down by James for the Jambo fans. Oh wait....

HibeeMackenzie
25-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Teenage kicks

McD
25-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Hey Jude - any time I hear it I can’t help changing the words to ‘hiii-beeees’ after na na na na :greengrin

much to the annoyance of any yams in earshot :greengrin

lyonhibs
26-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Titanium by David Guetta. SC Seminar Final vs Aberdeen 2012

Geo_1875
26-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Always Teenage Kicks for Hibs and Carnival de Paris brings a tingle.

Keith_M
26-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Like any song they have it can attributed to religious hatred and ignorance

I thought this was due to the death of a Catholic man in Belfast in 1986 in an amusement arcade.

They will deny and put it down to being a catchy tune. Put that in the same category as their orange away shirt released to honour and celebrate the Dutch managers and players they had at the time?

What song do they play? No idea! That club (what ever incarnation we're talking about, are rotten to the core, like the vast majority of their supporters

They sung that song long before 1986, so it doesn't add up.

There was a similar story about their 'bouncy, bouncy' being related to the death of a Celtc Fan but I take all this with a pinch of salt.

There's plenty of unequivocal cases of bigotry that we really don't need to rely on made up or questionable events.

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Proclaimers I'm on my way at TINYcastle after beating St Johnstone in semi a couple of seasons ago. Their stadium announcer refused to play Sunshine On Leith

Keith_M
26-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Anyway, back to Hibs...

My first ever visit to Ibrox will forever be associated with the small group of Hibs Supporters in the Main Stand singing along to the chorus of Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen..

"Come on, Hibees a too rye aye"

snooky
26-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Daydream Believer -
"Cheer up Craig Levein, o what does it mean..... "
Top drawer (as well as the JJ version).

"Jingle Bells" is another of my particular favourites.

SteveHFC
26-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Carnival De Paris.

Deeds
26-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Come on without, come on within....you'll not see nothing like HI BER NIAN

26-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Sure that one was for Paddy Quinn then changed to Hibernian

Its a long time ago like.

MM19
26-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Sure that one was for Paddy Quinn then changed to Hibernian

Its a long time ago like.

It was especially when he scored the hat trick at the PBS in 1967

Fergos
26-09-2017, 08:01 PM

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here but Born Slippy came out in 1995.

GGTTH

Hibbycol
26-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here but Born Slippy came out in 1995.

GGTTHIt's on the hibs video

Iggy Pope
26-09-2017, 08:05 PM

You're getting Trainspotting muddled with Back to the Future

Iggy Pope
26-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Song 2 makes me think of Hibs /ER

When I hear it, it does me as well. I wish it didn't. Not only is it awful, it's introduction coincided with the absolutely ****test period possible in our history and when we had a PA that played anything that meant they didn't need to speak over the abject misery below and around them. Wooooh hooH! (Aw Christ)

Fergos
26-09-2017, 08:49 PM
It's on the hibs video

Oh....what video is that?

Hibbycol
26-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Oh....what video is that?The BBC half hour long "The team that wouldn't die" it's on youtube me thinks

Hibbycol
26-09-2017, 08:56 PM
The BBC half hour long "The team that wouldn't die" it's on youtube me thinks

Sent from my SM-G925F using TapatalkCorrection that was the team that was [emoji16]

SouthMoroccoStu
26-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Correction that was the team that was [emoji16]

Loved that series

Our dedicated episode was about the mercer takeover and the 1991 league cup win

Hearts episode was about their league and cup double in 1986

Hibbycol
26-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Loved that series

Hearts episode was about their league and cup double in 1986The hertz one is one of my favourite tv programmes [emoji23][emoji16]

snooky
26-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Loved that series

Hearts episode was about their league and cup double in 1986

I think you might be wrong. The Hearts episode was on that programme "Who T.F. Do You Think You Are"

ozhibs
27-09-2017, 01:18 AM
Come on without, come on within....you'll not see nothing like HI BER NIAN

I'm of the era of Pat Quinn and we used to sing this always wondered why wht don't sing this about John McGinn but your Hi Ber Nian works just as well. :flag:

SouthMoroccoStu
27-09-2017, 05:39 AM
I think you might be wrong. The Hearts episode was on that programme "Who T.F. Do You Think You Are"

Now that simply can't be true...

frazeHFC
27-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Beatles - Yellow Submarine for the Hertz during Vlads time.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Beatles - Yellow Submarine for the Hertz during Vlads time.

Wasn't that "banned" after it was (unjustifiably) suggested we were mocking the russian submarine kursk disaster?

Straw clutching that made the national press

Curried
27-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Although it was written about Rugby League in Australia, “Football” by Brisbane Band “The Tellers” always makes me think about the Hibs. The chorus “I’m into football, and nothing else at all” is a thing of beauty :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rufujvsAK3Q