PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in Crete likely to show Scottish football

jonny
24-09-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm heading to Crete with the family for a week in October, whilst there I'm going to miss the League cup semi final and the derby.
We're going to be in Stalis. Never been before.
Does anyone know of any pubs in that area that are likely to show the games?

darwenhibby
24-09-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm heading to Crete with the family for a week in October, whilst there I'm going to miss the League cup semi final and the derby.
We're going to be in Stalis. Never been before.
Does anyone know of any pubs in that area that are likely to show the games?
Stalis is brand new
Great for families
Done Crete loads it's my favourite of them
If you can't get a bar in stalis to show the game
Sounds daft but you are only around the corner from Malia
Two years ago spent 15 euros on a taxi from sissi to malia to watch the Huns beat us 1-0
Think I can walk to malia from stalis

Slicer
24-09-2017, 10:33 PM
We watched a Scotland game and the Chris Killen 2-1 game against RIP FC in the Saltire Lounge in 2006. That was on the main strip in Malia. They had Tennant's Super on tap too :flying:

Is It On....
24-09-2017, 10:49 PM
Stalis is brand new
Great for families
Done Crete loads it's my favourite of them
If you can't get a bar in stalis to show the game
Sounds daft but you are only around the corner from Malia
Two years ago spent 15 euros on a taxi from sissi to malia to watch the Huns beat us 1-0
Think I can walk to malia from stalis

Ah, memories of Italia 90 in Malia, thrown out of our rooms (Patricia Apartments) on night 4 and ended up staying in Hotel Poppy. Always remember the guy in the burger place selling "Lamb Burgers, Cheese Burgers, Sexy Burgers" at the end of the night. The popular drink sold was a brutal beer called Henninger which is thankfully no longer about. My friend works in Crete so will see what he says.